[CC Daily #16] Inaba of the Inaba

Maeriberii Haan

Rabbit, rabbit

What are you watching when you are jumping?

4jFabw2.png

Tribute 1 monster you control; add 1 monster with the same type and 1 level higher than it from your deck to your hand, then send 1 monster from your deck to the graveyard with the same type and 1 level lower than it. You cannot Special Summon monsters this turn, except monsters with the tributed monster's type. You can only activate 1 "Inaba of the Moon, Inaba of the Earth" per turn.

Well, decided to branch out to spells after being on a hiatus for a while.

Idk where this would be used, but the concept is fun enough for me to try making it. Perhaps fairies or Melodious or something?

Not sure.

Comments and suggestions would definitely be nice~!

Udongein of the Udongein

I doubt how often this'll become useful. For one, the level 4 monster we use as tribute(because level 4's the default assumption) is usually the one we wasted the turn's normal summon quota on, or is typically the only monster we have on the field. Then we add a level 5, which we will then be unable to summon that turn most of the time because the level 4 we would've used as tribute is in the grave. Then a level 3 monster of the same time in the deck is still required to pull this off. Which leaves us with an empty field which is usually what one would try to avoid. If instead the monster we tribute is a level 3, we'd need a level 2 in the deck and I assume an archtype with a range of 2-4 levels is rarer than 3-5(although if such an archetype exists that makes my observation moot).

I can see this working well in machine decks with Cyber Dragon as the level 5 for obvious reasons. If the tributed monster is Photon Thrasher, that makes things even easier because that leaves me with one normal summon left, typically for a tuner. That's about the only thing I can actually think of right now.

I like the thread's name, heh.

So, basically this is a variant of "Transmodify" that puts the monster in your hand instead of the field, and then has a cute milling bonus. The requirement of at least 3 different Levels in the deck and 1 of them wanting to go the grave really makes this card difficult to find its niche, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got one eventually, if not that it already has one without us realizing it yet. Perhaps it could have an use in plant? For instance, Tribute a Level2, add a Lonefire, and mill Glow-Up Bulb? I don't know.

In short, the card is fine in my opinion, it just needs a home where it can be used at its maximum potential.

Tribute a Level2, add a Lonefire, and mill Glow-Up Bulb?

This sounds pretty amazing actually. Lonefire in hand and Bulb in grave where you would want it to be at. If tokens are allowed to be tributed for the effect, Black Garden could easily supply said level 2s. And on the talk of plants, tribute a level 4 and send Dandylion to the grave. Although I can't remember a level 5 plant you'd want to run in the deck, if any exists at all.

This sounds pretty amazing actually. Lonefire in hand and Bulb in grave where you would want it to be at. If tokens are allowed to be tributed for the effect, Black Garden could easily supply said level 2s. And on the talk of plants, tribute a level 4 and send Dandylion to the grave. Although I can't remember a level 5 plant you'd want to run in the deck, if any exists at all.

Well, there's Gigaplant.

Archived