Aromage Gladiolus

Atypical-Abbie

Yeah, I know, it kind of breaks the rules of Aromages, but I say screw the rules! Also, I got no idea what kind of flower that is suppose to be on the art, so I just picked some random pink flower I found online for its name.

vr1JPO7.png

While your LP is higher than your opponent's, when a Plant-Type monster(s) is Summoned, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects. Once per turn, if you gain LP: Special Summon 1 “Aroma Token” (Plant-Type/WIND/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). Your opponnet cannot target other Plant-Type monsters you control for attacks or effects, except “Aroma Tokens”.

There's not much to say.

I LIKE Aromas. Gain LP, battle, be done with it- it almost feels like old-fashioned Yu-Gi-Oh! again, and that's fantastic.

This . . . doesn't really go with the theme.

It's a great card, don't get me wrong- just not one Aromas want or need, really. A lot of other archetypes, yeah. Aromas, no. Think battle, swarming, and protection during.

The first effect is great (if worded awkwardly and slightly ridiculous), the second is where I start getting the "nope". Aromas want you to hit them, so they can either run you over or trigger Aroma Garden's LP-up.

Not really familiar with how Aromas function, but let's see how this goes.

First effect prevents the opponent from chaining Warning and stuff, so that's always nice.

It blocks far more than just Warning and stuff, but because of how common they are in play, they get mentioned.

Second/third effect are counterproductive to how Garden functions (reading over it), yes; if Garden simply said that an Aroma monster has to be destroyed (without the Graveyard part), then maybe this card would be better, since the Tokens would trigger the LP boost when popped, and get you the other member's effects. But Garden isn't worded like that.

Maybe this can see use in a generic Plant deck for wall fodder, but as-is, doesn't appear to really offer much to Aromages as a whole, aside from making sure their summons aren't blocked by backrow and stuff on initial summoning. You need higher LP to do it though, but given their nature, this isn't much of an issue.

(Given the wording on the Token summoning, shouldn't it be "You can"; since you're using "if" and that usually means an optional effect.)

There's not much to say.

I LIKE Aromas. Gain LP, battle, be done with it- it almost feels like old-fashioned Yu-Gi-Oh! again, and that's fantastic.

This . . . doesn't really go with the theme.

It's a great card, don't get me wrong- just not one Aromas want or need, really. A lot of other archetypes, yeah. Aromas, no. Think battle, swarming, and protection during.

The first effect is great (if worded awkwardly and slightly ridiculous), the second is where I start getting the "nope". Aromas want you to hit them, so they can either run you over or trigger Aroma Garden's LP-up.

I don't really get what you mean by "want you to hit them", the LP gain from that is a bonus only, you want to keep as many on the field as possible. If you don't get its design, it's used for Tribute Summons, for Lonesome Blossom and to keep you away from problematic cards.

How would you word it otherwise? The way I see it, it's worded like how other cards of the same nature would be.

Not really familiar with how Aromas function, but let's see how this goes.

First effect prevents the opponent from chaining Warning and stuff, so that's always nice.

It blocks far more than just Warning and stuff, but because of how common they are in play, they get mentioned.

Second/third effect are counterproductive to how Garden functions (reading over it), yes; if Garden simply said that an Aroma monster has to be destroyed (without the Graveyard part), then maybe this card would be better, since the Tokens would trigger the LP boost when popped, and get you the other member's effects. But Garden isn't worded like that.

Maybe this can see use in a generic Plant deck for wall fodder, but as-is, doesn't appear to really offer much to Aromages as a whole, aside from making sure their summons aren't blocked by backrow and stuff on initial summoning. You need higher LP to do it though, but given their nature, this isn't much of an issue.

(Given the wording on the Token summoning, shouldn't it be "You can"; since you're using "if" and that usually means an optional effect.)

You're reading it wrong, it doesn't prevent Warning, it prevents BTH and such.

As said, that's a bonus, and it's not the main way that Aromage actually play, at least not the way I play them.

Read the Aromages, thay are all mandatory for the second effect, I made it the same way as those.

Archived