F**k it. This thread has needed to happen for a long time.

This section is dysfunctional and ridiculous. It is here to talk about all aspects of miscellaneous topics and discuss them intelligently and maturely. Why is it that so many members of this forum can't hold an intelligent discussion? Every time there is a thread about any miscellaneous topic that people have any kind of opinion on, it ends up turning into some kind of flame war and the thread ends up getting locked. Do you not seriously think that is an absolute fucking joke? Can people not accept the opinions of others? Can people not take it when their arguments are countered? Do people not know what intelligent discussion and debate is? 

The attitude of some of the people here is appalling and something needs to be done about the impact their attitude is having on the quality of the forum. The mods need to realize who and what is causing the problem. If someone makes a stupid, useless post that adds nothing to the discussion, it is their wrongdoing and that shouldn't be left alone. Equally, if a person gets angry or annoyed that someone has a different opinion to them and starts spouting shit and flaming, the same applies. Sure, it's probably wrong for members to minimod and directly tell other members that their posts are useless, but if the mods don't do anything about it, then I don't see why they shouldn't take things into their own hands. At least it gets the mods' attention. That being said, we can't just leave it at "I'm locking this thread, it got out of hand". We need to tackle the underlying issues we have on the forum.

The environment we have isn't a suitable place for newer members or less experienced players to gain knowledge and understanding of the forum. We rarely discuss anything actually relevant to the forum; it's mostly just shitty thread fads that nobody will end up caring about. And as I've said, every time we do discuss something relevant, "discuss" really isn't what ends up happening. This means less experienced shitposters will never have anything to contribute and they never learn. They're also probably put off by the attitudes of some of the established members of the site. No wonder we only get like 1 new member a year that actually ends up sticking round. 

The way the forum is organised doesn't encourage a lot of intelligent discussion. We have separate sections for polls and games, as well as general discussion. Why? The forum isn't active enough for those sections to get enough attention separately. There are only a handful of posts a month in the Clubs and Organisations sub-section and not a lot goes on in Polls outside of election season. If we merge these sections into one general Miscellaneous discussion thread, it will encourage more decent threads to be posted. Also, we should have a sub-section for discussion of miscellaneous memes, cos I'm sick of seeing threads full of shitty new YCMemes that nobody will care about an hour later and there's nothing to discuss about them. For fans of the world of dank memes, sure, each to their own, but not in a section designed for discussion of actual miscellaneous topics.

I decided to put this here rather than Comments/suggestions so everyone who cares sees it. I'll be PMing mods about this as well, I'm not trying to publicly call them for some kind of Mexican stand-off for the entertainment of the townsfolk. Though, if any mod is reading this, feel free to move it to an appropriate section if you don't like it being here.

Now, if anyone has anything to say, make your point calmly and coherently and I will listen. I'm not great at getting across what I think so some of what I said might not make a lot of sense or it might not be what I actually mean, so feel free to ask questions.

For now, let's hope we can fix this diabolical mess.

This section is dysfunctional and ridiculous. It is here to talk about all aspects of miscellaneous topics and discuss them intelligently and maturely. Why is it that so many members of this forum can't hold an intelligent discussion? Every time there is a thread about any miscellaneous topic that people have any kind of opinion on, it ends up turning into some kind of flame war and the thread ends up getting locked. Do you not seriously think that is an absolute funking joke? Can people not accept the opinions of others? Can people not take it when their arguments are countered? Do people not know what intelligent discussion and debate is? 

The attitude of some of the people here is appalling and something needs to be done about the impact their attitude is having on the quality of the forum. The mods need to realize who and what is causing the problem. If someone makes a stupid, useless post that adds nothing to the discussion, it is their wrongdoing and that shouldn't be left alone. Equally, if a person gets angry or annoyed that someone has a different opinion to them and starts spouting sheet and flaming, the same applies. Sure, it's probably wrong for members to minimod and directly tell other members that their posts are useless, but if the mods don't do anything about it, then I don't see why they shouldn't take things into their own hands. At least it gets the mods' attention. That being said, we can't just leave it at "I'm locking this thread, it got out of hand". We need to tackle the underlying issues we have on the forum.

The environment we have isn't a suitable place for newer members or less experienced players to gain knowledge and understanding of the game. We rarely discuss anything actually relevant to the forum; it's mostly just shitty thread fads that nobody will end up caring about. And as I've said, every time we do discuss something relevant, "discuss" really isn't what ends up happening. This means less experienced shitposters will never have anything to contribute and they never learn. They're also probably put off by the attitudes of some of the established members of the site. No wonder we only get like 1 new member a year that actually ends up sticking round. 

The way the forum is organised doesn't encourage a lot of intelligent discussion. We have separate sections for polls and games, as well as general discussion. Why? The forum isn't active enough for those sections to get enough attention separately. There are only a handful of posts a month in the Clubs and Organisations sub-section and not a lot goes on in Polls outside of election season. If we merge these sections into one general Miscellaneous discussion thread, it will encourage more decent threads to be posted. Also, we should have a sub-section for discussion of anime cards, cos I'm sick of seeing threads full of shitty new YCMemes that nobody will care about an hour later and there's nothing to discuss about them. For fans of the world of dank memes, sure, each to their own, but not in a section designed for discussion of actual miscellaneous topics.

I decided to put this here rather than Comments/suggestions so everyone who cares sees it. I'll be PMing mods about this as well, I'm not trying to publicly call them for some kind of Mexican stand-off for the entertainment of the townsfolk. Though, if any mod is reading this, feel free to move it to an appropriate section if you don't like it being here.

Now, if anyone has anything to say, make your point calmly and coherently and I will listen. I'm not great at getting across what I think so some of what I said might not make a lot of sense or it might not be what I actually mean, so feel free to ask questions.

For now, let's hope we can fix this diabolical mess.

Well yes, most people come here just for cardmaker because it is better some others. Even I wasnt gonna bother socializing, but being alone is shitty. Events are really the funniest things here. Why dont you just host a monthly Dueling Network tournament where 50 or less members that pay a slightly large fee to enter and duel throughout the week and the next? Idk just an idea. People that place will be given great rewards that encourage people to come here and such.

Well yes, most people come here just for cardmaker because it is better some others. Even I wasnt gonna bother socializing, but being alone is shitty. Events are really the funniest things here. Why dont you just host a monthly Dueling Network tournament where 50 or less members that pay a slightly large fee to enter and duel throughout the week and the next? Idk just an idea. People that place will be given great rewards that encourage people to come here and such.

You proved his point entirely just now.

Being a new member, I can't say I have the experiencial (not a word btw) knowledge required to make a legitimate comment. But I will say this:

As it is now, a lot of seniors on the site majority of the time use misc more than other sections it seems. This section also gives a lot of interaction with other users. It gives a place to publically be silly. Whether that is bad or good, I can't say. It does get out of hand (see quote) but it does it's job. Lot's of stupid stuff is done, some good, some bad. But ultimately, this section gives a place for new members to casually meet the community. I agree it might be overwhelming, but it's fun and easy enough to walk into.

That I have the experience to say. Since that is how I got to know you people the most.

You proved his point entirely just now.

Being a new member, I can't say I have the experiencial (not a word btw) knowledge required to make a legitimate comment. But I will say this:

As it is now, a lot of seniors on the site majority of the time use misc more than other sections it seems. This section also gives a lot of interaction with other users. It gives a place to publically be silly. Whether that is bad or good, I can't say. It does get out of hand (see quote) but it does it's job. Lot's of stupid stuff is done, some good, some bad. But ultimately, this section gives a place for new members to casually meet the community. I agree it might be overwhelming, but it's fun and easy enough to walk into.

That I have the experience to say. Since that is how I got to know you people the most.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/338202-f-it-this-thread-has-needed-to-happen-for-a-long-time

Enguin's not actually saying anything bad about Misc.

Being a new member, I can't say I have the experiencial (not a word btw) knowledge required to make a legitimate comment. 

I'll guess the ladder and say my bad.

I don't know why I'm so amused by your strange writing etiquette, how is this my first time seeing you post 

I don't know why I'm so amused by your strange writing etiquette, how is this my first time seeing you post

I honestly wouldn't know how this is your first time. I also have no idea what's amusing either. (Nonetheless what's so strange)

I have been thoroughly active in CC, Misc, and have peeked my head in other sections as well. (I also use the status bar of course). I was lurking for a day before I made an account, so I have seen some of your posts.

Archived