[RP Discussion] What do you get out of RPing?

Aix

Well, it's awkward that this got no replies so far so i guess here it is.

Anyway...well, what I get from RPing is well, the feeling of joy of writing characters in the story. It in itself is a rewarding experience to me. The experience of writing...nay, the experience of immersing yourself as the character you write. That kind of sentimental feeling is what separates RP and collaborative writing.

I like writing dialogues the most actually...though, as for in RPs, since dialogue would be awkward, I usually like to write about their state of mind and how they see the world around them. Interaction is a great thing too, and also one big draw to RPs.

as for last question...aside from the RP's death, i don't really like it when activity stagnates due to not having directions. Interaction is hella fun, but without direction it wouldn't be able to carry the RP.

IN THEORY what i'd get out of RP-ing is the joy of interaction between us players and the world that the host creates in his mind. host gives us a scenario or problem to find clever solutions to or make choices, and then the host gives us the next scenario in reaction to that, and eventually a story forms. that sort of interaction's what i want but so far i've not really been able to experience in full yet.

what I have found fun participating in RPs so far is creating characters and imagining how they might possibly develop as the RP goes on.

I like to write. I like to D&D. I like to have my characters interact with others. I like to play in a world somebody else has made. If I'm just writing by myself, then it's just my creativity alone. If I'm RPing with multiple people then it's a melting pot of creativity. I love that. I love working together with others to make a story. This is why I RP.

I guess I'm more sociable than I thought.

I like enjoy world building when helping make one, I like created flawed characters that can be interesting interacting with other people's characters (who are like 60% of the time, pretty Mary Sue-y) and based on music, and lastly, I like making people laugh. I like writing ICs to be funny to people as well as good for an IC. 

Archived