Any other recommended card games

Hello there I am rather curious about others recommendations on TCG's to play besides Yugioh, and Magic The Gathering. Mainly because even though I know how to play play magic it just doesn't interest me that much, and Yugioh has always been something that I love, but I just won't go competitive with it as I know that certain archetypes will just be superior than ones I like. So are there any other TCG's that people enjoy besides those two. The main I am looking for is a TCG where all archetype's/clans/groups are competitively viable, or at least have a fighting chance.

What about bushiroad's card games like Cardfight Vanguard, weiss schwarz, and buddy fight any opinions on those?

Force of Will is an interesting game, Its similar to MTG with Hearthstone's mana system. My store is getting more and more into it. I don't play it because I don't feel like investing into another card game.

I remember seeing some people play it. It looked interesting enough. I just had no one to teach me fully about it. I do like the more consistent resource system it in though.

I've tried Vanguard and Weiss Schwarz out before, and they're both pretty fun. The problem is they're a bit luck based, so you have to be able to put up with that. WS is also pretty pricey and/or hard to find since the cards aren't too common, only being sold in a few game specialty stores. They play very similarly, so if you want to try one, try vanguard, and if you really want, try WS after. Alternatively, if anybody you know already have decks, you can try WS straight up.

Vanguard gets less luck based with time, and the game itself is at the most fun it's ever been. The downside is that Bo3 is veeeeery slowly being implemented, instead of being there from the start.

I'd say try Hearthstone or Cardfight!! Vanguard, as the former has a good free-to-play clown the? And the latter is getting one soon.

WS is just weeb bait, Luck and Logic is pandering, and buddy fight is garbage.

Vanguard gets less luck based with time, and the game itself is at the most fun it's ever been. The downside is that Bo3 is veeeeery slowly being implemented, instead of being there from the start.

I'd say try Hearthstone or Cardfight!! Vanguard, as the former has a good free-to-play clown the? And the latter is getting one soon.

WS is just weeb bait, Luck and Logic is pandering, and buddy fight is garbage.

Interesting choices, but I tired hearthstone before, and it just wasn't that fun for me. I understand I need to buy my cards, but for some reason I just don't like it with hearthstone. Thanks everyone for your inputs by the way.

Interesting choices, but I tired hearthstone before, and it just wasn't that fun for me. I understand I need to buy my cards, but for some reason I just don't like it with hearthstone. Thanks everyone for your inputs by the way.

Nah, I understand.

Hearthstone can be grindy, and it's part of why I'm not as into it as others. But it's still a fun game, if only to watch/play on rare occasion, namely Tavern Brawls.

YGO is also getting a client to this effect, supposedly, which will also have ranks play. Comparison to DN should make it slightly better overall, quality wise, to improve with.

Archived