Colliding Souls joint With Stars: Collision Summon!

DarkLight101

Direct counterparts make for a more plodding and predictable plot, though. Your "Collision" setup, as mentioned above, mixes some elements of Xyz and Contact Fusion. Mnemonic, then, is like regular Fusion mixed with Synchro Summon.

The plot doesn't need to change much for it- in fact, the intermingling Summon methods could create interesting interactions, like Pendulum Xyz in Arc-V.

I see...Well. I could still intergrate Collisions and Mnemonic summoning. I do plan on having Pendulum-Collision monsters. Those would be pretty cool. 

"Mnemonic" (pronounced numb-mon-ick) means "having to deal with memory". Flavor-wise, they're just that- memories.

Thematically, they're the opposite of Synchros. Synchro monsters represent the future, things speeding up, and the evolution of power. Mnemonics, on the other hand, represent a glorified past, rewinding the clock, and a "lost technology" feel.

In the anime, here's closer to what I was imagining- note that this is a scene from a cancelled attempt at writing an anime:

[spoiler=Mnemonic Summon]

"So, that's all?" Victor asked smugly. "This is the exact same trick you used last time, and I have the exact same monster I beat you with last time on the field." He gestured at Platune Sergeant Song Dragon, which roared as if in response.

"Not quite," Percival said. "There's an additional element to this Summon. By sending Remembrance from my Graveyard back to my Deck, I can use my three Orcs as Material for a lost variety of Summon. We must recall the ancient power, and remember its purpose!"

The trio of grunting pig-monsters seemed to melt into a blue ripple, which thrummed in a steady rhythm until there was a lake of blue at the disgraced Duelist's feet. "I Mnemonic Summon! Come forth from my memories, and unleash your fury upon this ungrateful world! I call to thee from the depths of history! Rise from the depths, Deity of Rage- Asura!"

From the thrumming ripple, a red-bodied, multi-armed monster rose with hateful malice, brandishing a weapon in each of its arms.

[Deity of Rage- Asura

DARK - Level 12? - Fiend/Mnemonic/Effect - 3400/0]

Although some of your Temporal changes are cool (The minimum and maximum, for instance), they don't go with the "theme" of Mnemonics as they were. In fact, they were supposed to be a villain-only thing for close to half an arc,

Aight. I think i'm ok with implementing Mnemonic and Sonex summoning for my story (if thats ok with you). Just a few questions before i begin:

Sonex summoning. Can the monsters be stored in the Extra Deck? Also. If i understand correctly. You don't get rid of the material, right? I.E i need these cards out and then i can summon it.

Also, for Mnemoic. Is it ok if i add temporal minimum and maximum? I can see it as "They can stay in our realm for a limited time". I don't really think having them out for unlimited amounts of time is good. Also, are their upgraded forms? Synchro has Accel Synchro. etc. 

sorry if i seem to...questiony (If that's even a word). I'd like to implement these ideas for my story without modifying the source too much. I'll have Chapter 1 out (because it has no Collision/Sonex/Mnemonic/etc). 

Temporal minimum and maximum are good ideas, as I said before. No problem.

In regards to "evolutions" of Mnemonic Summon, though, there was one idea I had, but discarded as being too complicated- Deep Mnemonic Summon.

These are usually 4-mat, require 1 or more Mnemonics, or both, and are extremely powerful . . . but for the latter, have fun getting "Remembrance" into the Graveyard twice.

I look forward to it.

Well, if you honestly want counterparts, I created Mnemonic Summon, which was essentially an inverse Synchro Summon plus a countdown timer.

How it Works:

First, you need "Remembrance" in your Graveyard. Easy to do, because activating it sends it to grave immediately.

Second, get the required Materials.

Third, shuffle "Remembrance" back into your Deck, banish the Materials, and Mnemonic Summon the Mnemonic monster you want.

Instead of requiring a certain Level, "Mnemonic" monsters wind up with a certain Level depending on the combined Level/Rank of its mats. They lose 1 Level every turn, and when they hit 0 . . . they die, and take everything with them.

Could we have alternate cards? Like how Fusion has Fusion gate. For example:

Gates of Time

Field Spell

Mnemonic summon monsters can be summoned without "Remembrance" but the summoned monsters are banished when destroyed.

Remembering Darkness

Spell

Banish 2 DARK Monsters on the field and special summon 1 DARK Mnemonic Monster from the extra deck. That monster's Time is set to 3 regardless of Temporal Capacity. 

I could see remembrance having a butt-ton of counter cards. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can use them in your Story. Go ahead.

As for Sonex monsters, was intended to be like Ritual, stored in your main deck, but can Summon from the Hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

That could work. I mean, just look at all the alternatives for Fusion Summon!

Cool, Thanks!

Also, i'd like to inform you guys that I have begun production on the fanfic. I'm still working on a title, but I'm slowly working my way through the first duel. 

I can't wait to get to the good parts :D Sonex, Collision, and mnemonic will make an appearance.

Also, Slight Spoiler: Jack Atlas will appear as a different universe version. He will utilize Mnemonics just as he utilized Synchros in the past. (Normal World. Not the past. The world "We" come from.)

His ace card will be the Mnemonic Monster: Primal Red Demons Dragon. 

Yugi Moto might appear in news articles and simulated duels (The time it takes place would be far past his human life span.) Famous for Sonex Summoning (Since Sonex is seen as alternate Ritual) Dark Magician of Red Power. 

Oh, the fun! I can't wait!

Since you're making a Red Demon's, a word of advice:

Generally, their effects deal with taking down "weak" monsters- RDA destroys everything in defense, Scarlight destroys everything with less ATK than itself, Majestic can attack all monsters to defuse "safety in numbers", etc. Keep that in mind.

Yes. I do have that in mind.

I will give him a suitable effect.

Archived