[Finished]Super Special Awesome Competition(Finished, please LOCK)

cardgameking

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Fluffyfish]

OCG: 10.

Gimmick: LIGHT attribute, check, turn into spells after destruction, check, Ritual monsters, check, thunder-type... Urgh, while I understand your reasoning, I just can’t see these guys as thunder-type. If you’d just called them Firework Flowers or Forcefield Flowers or something just more... energy like, I’d have gone with. As it is, I just don’t like it.

Playabilty/Balance: With regards interaction with other cards, I don’t see anything really crazy. You can run stuff like Double Cyclone, Dark Hole and Twin Twisters to really milk these guys effects, but I don’t know any cards or combos that render these broken.

The Ritual monsters here are held back only be the fact you need “Fake Flower Blooming” to bring them out, unless you’re willing to run sub-standard alternatives. This set falls down a bit here, owing to how it is difficult to recycle this card from the graveyard. It is redeemed slightly by the in graveyard Ritual summon, but it is still a weakness.

However, the Ritual monster themselves... Wow. We have a walking, quick-play dark hole in Melancholy who also can pull up a RUM- Numeron Force. And when he’s in the S/T zone, he can help swarm the field with more Faux Flowers! I appreciate the OPT clauses, as it prevents you pulling an assload of stuff on the turn this card is summoned, but still.

In Remorse, we have non-targeting destruction  and effect negation. That seems a bit heavy for one monster, in my opinion. Then, when it reaches the S/T zone, we have a recycling effect that recycle more Remorse, Melancholy and the normal Faux Flowers.

I honestly have nothing to say about the normal ones, as I see nothing obviously wrong, except maybe that Ethereal can search anytime it is summoned.

Creativity: Can’t argue with this. The naming scheme is interesting, the art is more than suitable, and you do offer a good explanation for why it is like it is.

Total: 77

[spoiler=Kitty w/ Bow]

OCG: 10

Gimmick: OK, LIGHT attribute, all good, Beast-type, yes, Xyz monsters, uh-huh... Luck-based...

Ok, the problem here I find is that none of the results are 100% bad or even 50% bad. Sure, there’ll be times when you really need a certain roll to do something, but there’s no major downside to getting the other roll. Some are obviously better than others, like Harlequin’s and Angora even number effects, but they compensate with good detach effects. While the dice-roll is a gimmick, I feel luck isn’t.

Playability Balance: Dice rolls as a concept are weak, as you can always get the wrong result. Here you can bypass that with That Six as you mentioned, but S/T removal is common.  The Xyz monsters work with the Coons as you mentioned, but monsters like the Ojamas and Valerifawn make them very easy to summon. You can also run Giant Rex in Burgesstomas, for non targeting removal. The extra deck monsters are strong that way, with non targeting removal in Rex and negation in Giant, meaning they can take out Dark Destroyer and other powerful bosses.  Out of archetypes Xyzs, nothing crazy comes to mind. Number 96 could be run to get over things they couldn’t normally, Number 64 can copy tokens and Gachi Gachi Gantetsu can boost their stats not inconsiderably. In synchro monster terms, these main deck guys are all Junk Synchron targets, so level 5 ones like Armades, Catastor and Junk Warrior wouldn’t be out of the ball park, especially considering how Junk Warrior can absorb attack from your other Clovereaters. Frozen Fitzgerald is an interesting target, as it is pretty much a better Armades, who can self-revive. The Speedroid synchros are worth a look here too, considering how annoying Chanbara can be. Ojama Country is a big boost to these guys, as they’re defence tends to be higher than their attack. However, it does require a face-up Ojama, who aren’t exactly capable of staying on the field long.  All in all, I see nothing broken here.

Creativity: Thematically, its good.  The name and concept imply luck, and you manage to create a Xyz spam archetype that doesn’t feel bland. Rabbits cards aren’t unique in Yu-Gi-Oh, so that’s a point gone however.

Total: 82

PM if anyone has any problems. We now need just wait for Dova's scores.

Archived