[Leaderboard] Excalibur vs. Striker (Excalibur wins, LOCK)

Excalibur the Divine

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

-Cards must be finished 48 hours after this post.

-Voting deadline 3 days after cards are posted.

Requirement:

-Create a lv. 8 synchro monster

Card A:

Pendulum Master
DARK, Level 8
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
2400/1900

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones; place 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck in your Pendulum Zone. During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 card, then target 1 card in your Pendulum Zones; its Scale becomes 2, until the end of the turn. You can only use each effect of "Pendulum Master" once per turn.

Card B:

Lord of the Darkness

DARK, Level 8

Fiend-Synchro/Effect

2800/1000

1 Tuner + 1 more more non-Tuner monsters

All cards on the field are treated as DARK-Attribute Fiend-Type monsters. You can target one face-up DARK Fiend-Type monster your opponent controls: Take control of that target until your opponent's next End Phase. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this card is targeted by a card effect, you can switch the target to another Fiend-Type monster on the field. You can only activate each effect of  "Lord of the Darkness" once per turn.

Considering the deadline is tomorrow, might as well vote so we don't get another 0-0 result like 1v1 usually gets a fair bit of the time.

Card A is pretty much Insight Magician for other Pendulum decks and helps with P-Summoning if you don't have appropriate Scales up at the time (on the lower end anyway). I mean, it is still a generic Level 8 Synchro for other Decks, but there is no reason to run it in non-Pendulums as opposed to other options. If Luster Pendulum didn't have that summoning lock on him, a lot of Pendulum decks could make use of this. As-is, you can still splash in support Tuners for whatever reason if you need to Synchro in Pendulums, so I suppose there's that. Not like Magicians themselves can make use of this much; they probably can (but Tuning + Destruction/Dragonpit doesn't seem viable for them). EmEm probably can (and certainly use it to set up their key components), but outside of Luster, don't know what other Tuners they can run to go into this [i've seen Veiler, but don't know what else if any].

Card B has a Zombie World-esque thing (everything becomes a DARK Fiend), can steal opposing monsters that fit the criteria (it's effectively Number 11 anyway) and can redirect Castel and other targeting attempts at it. I don't have any beef with Number 11 and its redirection effect is pretty much like Magical Arm Shield, but for effect removal (at least ones not named Raigeki or some other sweepers), which is helpful considering the game nowadays. I am a bit iffy about the targeting effect though, given its first effect basically makes every monster on the field a valid redirection target.

----

I don't know; both cards have their uses but probably inclined to give it to card B for general usability.

A is certainly usable, but outside of EmEm (which I know some people don't really like) and some misc. stuff, really not seeing too many Pendulum Decks that can utilize this.

Archived