[Sakura SOTW] 赤と金の狐少女

Flash Flyer - Sakura

[spoiler=Original versions]

WecUjuH.jpg

I originally made this 900 x 300, then resized it for the competition.

(I prefer making them banner size first, because easier to see)

HxW9lLP.jpg

This is the one you saw in the competition.

RcW8I0b.jpg

This is the edited version of my SOTW #19 entry.

(Cropped from the original)

To be fair, I tried doing something different this time as opposed to the general Pokemon stuff I did the last two times I did SOTW.

I admit that I left way too much blank space on the right and that should've been filled with something else (or cut out otherwise).

I had another render in mind, but that didn't work out as nice as I had hoped, so this one got used (and I liked it).

Link if you want (though one of the fingers is cut off):

http://pre02.deviantart.net/4314/th/pre/f/2014/103/9/6/render_anime_girl_animal_red_by_a_galaxysweth-d7ec8z2.png

As for whether/not I participate in SOTW #20, that depends on the theme and whether/not I have time to do sheet in the midst of academics.

CnC.

(P.S. I seriously need to get back into doing GFX stuff)

Like I mentioned before, don't limit yourself to just brushing, branching out a little bit can really help your creativity, because you're quite limited if you just stick to brushing. Also, I think a smaller canvas size would be easier to work with than the large, you don't have to fill as much empty space

To be fair, I wanted to do a flame themed submission but wasn't satisfied with the stock pics on Google (and I've used those kinds of things in the past) and GIMP generating flames wasn't up to standard.

As for cropping the canvas (or using smaller sizes), yeah that might work.

Lately, I tend to just build stuff off the preset templates I have saved for certain things (and that leads to blank space in certain cases; think the Hinata one I did earlier has this).

Somehow the render doesn't look as nice when I shrink it down.

To be fair, I wanted to do a flame themed submission but wasn't satisfied with the stock pics on Google (and I've used those kinds of things in the past) and GIMP generating flames wasn't up to standard.

Have you tried smudging? You can certainly get a flame-like effect that way.

Archived