Althemia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

134 new cards

4 old Gods, one of them is C'thun

Standard mode next week

Release date on late April/early May

C'thun 10 mana 6/6 that gains a new effect every game?

16 minions who buff God's attack and health

Poster

Wow. That's certainly quite a surprise.

May would be funking torture.

Idk how I feel about standard releasing without the expansion to be honest. 

C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, N'Zoth.  The only four important old gods.

C'Thun created the Qiraji.  Yogg-Saron is the Old God who represents death.  N'Zoth corrupted Deathwing.  Y'Shaarj created the Sha.

what a funking nerd 

Why can an old God be turned into a sheep, or killed by a Hunter with a big gun? 

I understand that it's for balance purposes given how the Cultist works, but it's still kinda eeeeeh. 

Additionally:

Everyone logging on during the promotional period will get 3 free packs

In your first Whispers of the Old Gods pack you get a free C'thuun. 

It's a 138 card set iirc

Due late April/Early May 

The first 3 cards probably suck, C'Thun seems like Anyfin can Happen in the sense that it's a deck where you play a bunch of mediocre minions then play a massive 10-mana finisher. Jury's out on how good it will be, gonna depend on what other cards are released. Super excited, though. Also this almost guarantees a BGH nerf.

It's literally 1 atk up from Pit Fighter and awful outside of super inconsistent Auchenai combos. It sucks. Chow was played because it has waaay better stats than any 1-drop and 5-drops have better effects than 1-drops anyway.

Also, did anyone else pick up on the fact that Innervate was used to get out C'Thun? idk if I'm reading too far into this but to me it points to innervate not being nerfed.

I'm pretty sure they're still deciding what to nerf and more than likely extensively testing the new cards in conjunction with the new standard cards, specifically the classic set. That's probably why the release date is so far and up in the air because they want to get the classic nerfs right so they never have to redo them down the road.

My best guess is that this will be the longest wait from announcement to actual release date that we'll have for a very long time to come, there's just so much sheet that they have to extensively test.

I'm pretty sure they're still deciding what to nerf and more than likely extensively testing the new cards in conjunction with the new standard cards, specifically the classic set. That's probably why the release date is so far and up in the air because they want to get the classic nerfs right so they never have to redo them down the road.

My best guess is that this will be the longest wait from announcement to actual release date that we'll have for a very long time to come, there's just so much sheet that they have to extensively test.

This, pretty much.

Also, as for Innervate, not sure how exactly they could even nerf it. Make it the same as a coin? Sounds very weak.

You're probably right, just something I picked up on. 

This, pretty much.

Also, as for Innervate, not sure how exactly they could even nerf it. Make it the same as a coin? Sounds very weak.

Making it restore 2 mana rather than gain 2 mana seems like the most logical nerf to me.

Seems fine honestly. A card like this in Paladin means that Solemn Vigil is going to get even better since they now have more strong token spawn. People are going to make the mistake of comparing this to Muster which it's obvious that Muster is better because Muster was already way too good.

I mean, Muster is not just better, it's WAY better. This is incredibly expensive for such a flimsy board and just gets worse now that Quartermaster isn't a thing anymore. 5 1/1s is just so susceptible to all kinds of things and it's such a loss of tempo to play it only to get Fanned or Flamewakered or something. Muster would have been very mediocre if it didn't give the weapon and this is even less mana efficient.

I mean, Muster is not just better, it's WAY better. This is incredibly expensive for such a flimsy board and just gets worse now that Quartermaster isn't a thing anymore. 5 1/1s is just so susceptible to all kinds of things and it's such a loss of tempo to play it only to get Fanned or Flamewakered or something. Muster would have been very mediocre if it didn't give the weapon and this is even less mana efficient.

yeah, but standard is changing the game's balance in ways we can't fully understand yet because the next set is not out yet, we have seen literally 1 pally card. they could be getting a new "quartermaster" spell or minon that cloud make some sort of super powerful play with this late game. like, what is if blessing of kings every silver hand you hadn. and suddenly for ten mana you get 5 6/6. that doesn't sound too bad. now, I'm not saying  it will be that big, but you can't just leave the silver hand buffs out in a set they are giving paladin a field flooding card like this. I have always seen paladin as akin to magic's "white winnie" build style, where they flood the field with little guys and then apply AoE buffs that completely overwhelm the opponent. this card could be a very powerful effect ot have access to, we have to wait and see.

P4aRbqH.jpg

Hogger, Doom of Elwynn

7 Mana 6/6

Whenever this minion takes damage, summon a 2/2 Gnoll with Taunt

Potential, but... Seems a little hard to get to work?

33dXjgU.jpg

Giant Sandworm

8 Mana 8/8 Beast

Whenever this minion kills a minion, it can attack again.

Ram Wrangler opieop

Archived