[HS] Whispers of the Old Gods

Althemia

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you playing the sort of warrior deck that wants a lot of extra cards, you're probably not playing the fatigue game. Don't get me wrong, this is good - after all, look how good Battle Rage is, but I'm not sure it suits Warrior. It depends on what sort of Warrior decks form in Standard.

If you playing the sort of warrior deck that wants a lot of extra cards, you're probably not playing the fatigue game. Don't get me wrong, this is good - after all, look how good Battle Rage is, but I'm not sure it suits Warrior. It depends on what sort of Warrior decks form in Standard.

It's less about "extra cards" and more about "extra copies".

Granted I still keep thinking in the mindset of now and not when standard becomes a thing, but the main idea would be rather than digging into your unused resources, you get to re-use things that already got used, such as extra Shield Maidens, Sludge Belchers and the like. (Which of course both cycle out the moment this set comes in, which I failed to look at when I first posted.)

The value from this card is funking insane, holy. Each Animal Companion pet is worth about 4 mana on its own, so this is 12 mana worth of stuff for one 8-mana card. And that value is spread across 3 bodies, including a charge and a taunt. IDK if Control Hunter will actually manage to be good after this expansion, but this helps it a lot.

I kinda like Blood Warriors, too. Duping a decent midrange/late game minion or two seems really strong in control mirrors, especially because it doesn't put you closer to fatigue.

Control Hunter never quite gets there. The day Control Hunter becomes a good deck is the day I properly get back into Hearthstone.

Call of the Wild is cool as hell though. Hell, it's actually kinda really good. 8 mana? Super liberal casting cost. Would have expected 9 or 10 mana from Blizzard.

Archived