[Voting] The New Deal

VampireofDarkness

The New Deal  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Shall 2099 add YGOPro to its roster of options?

2. 2. Shall 2099 use the below proposal to re-establish its card pool?

3. 3. For the next bonus pack for 2099, which Type would you like to see there be a primary focus on?

As a good amount of you have taken note to, 2099 has recently had several discussions in relation to its current status on some arising moments and discussing solutions to take place. Thanks to the valuable words of other users, a few proposals were quickly made and thus I bring these to the table to be voted on:

The first of these proposals is rather simple. In addition to Duel Portal, 2099 would have the option and work put into making YGOPro a core to its base. This would not only prevent future issues of the case where DP is down for an extensive period of time and thus shuts down 2099 as a whole, but also provides something a little more stable in other grounds. Silverlight doesn't work for everybody, so there is that as well, and automation for cards is always a beautiful thing. Duel Portal would still be used, and is recommended for testing and pre-submission feedback, but YGOPro would be the center for finished product.

The second on the list is a little more complicated. 2099 is gaining more users and thus its pool is going up closer to a scary rate and thus some points and ideas have been made to make it not nearly as such. I have taken the feedback of everybody and developed the following proposal, along with a proposed pool reset:

1. Generic Submissions would be limited to 10 per format, accepted submissions would be placed onto a section/board to which everyone would be able to view. Every 4 weeks, 100 cards from this selection would be put into a pack and be released into the 2099 Shops. User driven votes on submissions will account for 10-20 cards of each of these sets, and the rest would be sorted between myself and the pack managers.

2. In addition to the sets with generic submissions, every 4 weeks there will be a set of 100 TCG cards. Themes and specific cards will be able to be requested in a thread posted up, the remaining will be discussed amongst pack managers and myself. Extra Deck staples, commonly used cards, and useful toolboxes and techs are all amongst options to be included within these sets.

3. In between these 4 week periods, a set whose theme will be voted on by the users of 2099. These sets will contain a combination of TCG cards that give a boost to said voted on theme, and customs which put these themes on the map. This is the chance for cards that normally would not fit into a normal TCG import set as well due to the clench for space, but certainly has room to make an impact on the game. The number of cards in this set could be 100, but also has the chance to lower to 60 depending on the amount of content available.

Putting the 3 all together, the pack cycle would introduce a new set every 2 weeks, the first 2 weeks being the set of Generic Submissions and TCG Imports, the 2 weeks following being the user voted set, and about 300 user submitted generics arriving per 12 week format. PP Redemption for generic submissions will instead happen when said cards are released rather than the previous on accepting.

4. Archetypes will work as usual, you get a Submission Ticket at the start and will be able to use that to punch in an archetype, and you can purchase Submission Tickets for 1000PP. However, you only will be able to use 1 Submission Ticket every 8 weeks. This is to keep from making the coders on the end of YGOPro too busy assuming said change is made, and also is to keep the pool overall in check from running out of ideas.

5. Structure Decks will come as 1 being released every 4 weeks, or a pair of 2 on the 8th week. On occasion, contests in the Card Contests section will be hosted to cater to one of these Structure Decks. Tournament winners may also have the chance to deliver a Structure Deck, as an option of prize. Those who do contribute to the Structure Deck process will obtain their own copy of the Deck they put in.

The last point of vote is simple but an interesting one. Regardless whether or not we get these changes, the user based pack is something that will keep going and thus it comes time to vote on the next theme. This time, we are focusing on Types. Machine and Dragon were both shown to be favorites after a quick view in the Skype chat, and Zombie has been a popular ground of support in 2099, so the 3 are amongst the options to be voted for. Keep in mind what you vote for alongside voting on the changes to the pool, and the TCG cards that could be included in the set.

EDIT: With the votes being like they are, I will also include that the Type that gets in 2nd will get a few TCG imports dedicated to their type in the next pack of such cards.

Last thing to mention here is I still am looking for a Singles Shop Manager, alongside also looking for additional Database and Pack Managers and Accountants. Assuming the above changes come in intact, these new people would be much appreciated!

A big thanks to all who vote and all who comment below their thoughts or who previously commented around. Your feedback is all much appreciated and valued!

#1 is a yes, although as I mentioned, coding in YGOPro can / will be a pain in the ass to do, depending on how things work. (Some of the mechanics that you guys might have in your effects may be very difficult to code properly.

I made a note about Double Tuning in the coding part of the tutorial; that one requires a separate function and is very tedious; just copy and paste it.). If you haven't already seen it in the forum index, we do have a YGOPro forum inside Advanced Cards. 

However, the rest of you need to make a decision on the matter and know the benefits/risks of using YGOPro (albeit as a final testing area), including compatibility issues (especially if you do not upgrade your version). 

I'm a bit iffy about #2 (how cards are formatted), so I'll make a decision on that later. But yes, it will be a major pain in the ass if we have to code the 400+ cards that users have made into the game. 

#3 for me is Dragon-Type.

#1 is a yes, although as I mentioned, coding in YGOPro can / will be a pain in the ass to do, depending on how things work. (Some of the mechanics that you guys might have in your effects may be very difficult to code properly.

I made a note about Double Tuning in the coding part of the tutorial; that one requires a separate function and is very tedious; just copy and paste it.). If you haven't already seen it in the forum index, we do have a YGOPro forum inside Advanced Cards.

However, the rest of you need to make a decision on the matter and know the benefits/risks of using YGOPro (albeit as a final testing area), including compatibility issues (especially if you do not upgrade your version).

I'm a bit iffy about #2 (how cards are formatted), so I'll make a decision on that later. But yes, it will be a major pain in the ass if we have to code the 400+ cards that users have made into the game.

#3 for me is Dragon-Type.

Make sure to put your vote into the poll. Taken note tho. #2 can be adjusted and all, but this is the main sketch of it for now and tbh it is why #1 is even a possibility. We got the people to do everything, it's just that there are some things that come with it

Looking for 2 more votes to close this. Also want to add since the restart is coming about, I will add 10 TCG imports to focus on the Type that comes in 2nd to the first pack. Will edit it into the post, but noting it here to those just reading this. Thanks to all who voted and voiced themselves, it's all appreciated!

Archived