Sprite (Pokemon splice)

Tourmaline

Really different and quite interesting actually.

Your color scheme is really robust, which isn't a problem if you blend it well. This is why the second splice looks really clean, whereas the first one looks slightly awkward due to the drastic change in color on the smokey part, you should have let the colors seep in slightly over to one another. 

The most interesting part about this is that texture that you've got on the smokey part, how'd you do that? 

Another thing you should remember is to not make the canvas too "long" as it throws the whole thing off balance, keep the focal centered as that would make the most sense for a legitimate sprite. 

Overall really cool, really unique, I'd love to see more. 

If smoke refers to...

The tail: It's a part from Magmortar.

The "attack": I took the smoke fron Musharna's sprite and then used the four main color palettes in the sprite and used the darker colors near edges and the lighter ones in the center (I did every pixel individually). I then resized the piece to 157% so that paint would distort the patterns into something different while keeping my intention in mind.

The "attack": I took the smoke fron Musharna's sprite and then used the four main color palettes in the sprite and used the darker colors near edges and the lighter ones in the center (I did every pixel individually). I then resized the piece to 157% so that paint would distort the patterns into something different while keeping my intention in mind.

Yeah, that's funking genius. 

vqeSMy9.png

This is really funking adorable.

And the fact you balloon'd the smoke to give it that texture and then give it proper outlines, on top the fact you did other things like give the Chandelure noisy fire, and just the overall fairy aspect of this- This is just riddled with clever ideas that worked fantastically together.

The only thing I don't like about this is the colour of the hair. I don't feel it fits very well into the piece. Other than that it's really nice. There are some miscoloured pixels (such as on the arms there's some blue still left) here and there. Just a bit of cleaning and this is really great. Also shading needs work, but I can't really talk seeing as though I'm horrible at shading hahaha.

Archived