Last Sprite: March 24th {Splice Compilation}

Tourmaline

Those borders look too dark for a transparent object. Additionally, make the balls more rounded. You want those curves to be nice and smooth. Most importantly, don't forget that your borders need to be a darker colored version of the part it surrounds. The blue outlines on the red and yellow areas is arguably the biggest turn off this sprite has. Lastly, the grey color on the forehead clashes with the yellow. Fix these, and the sprite should be good.

Those borders look too dark for a transparent object. Additionally, make the balls more rounded. You want those curves to be nice and smooth. Most importantly, don't forget that your borders need to be a darker colored version of the part it surrounds. The blue outlines on the red and yellow areas is arguably the biggest turn off this sprite has. Lastly, the grey color on the forehead clashes with the yellow. Fix these, and the sprite should be good.

Okay I have to take this opportunity to ask (sorry Hina, btw Hina I do like them though something about the headpiece/hair thing looks off). Why do I mostly see you talking about borders all the time? No offense or anything but just an observation.

The grey pixels on the forehead are stray pixels I just forgot to recolor. I was so tired when I uploaded them that I somehow didn't notice despite staring at it. Oh well.

I'll change the border colors.

Okay I have to take this opportunity to ask (sorry Hina, btw Hina I do like them though something about the headpiece/hair thing looks off). Why do I mostly see you talking about borders all the time? No offense or anything but just an observation.

There's nothing wrong with curiosity, so don't feel bad for asking. : )

Unrecolored borders are a common mistake among spriters here. It's also very noticeable in my opinion.They stick out like a sore thumb to me.

Archived