Pokémon: Tipping Point [IC]

Draconus297

{Hmph. Pokémon trainers. A universally incompetent lot. Bred me to know how to eat dreams, abandoned me in the forest because I actually did it. Their lack of logic astounds me.} The Duskull floated in midair, passing its one eye back and forth between its sockets in anticipation. {I'd ask you how you put up with them, but apparently you are one.} Duskull indicated the Premier Ball at Neos's waist.

Once Ashley returned to the room, the Duskull was still waiting there, looking more bored and annoyed than anything else. {Who am I conducting target practice with first?}

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...no, you're not battling 'im," Neos clearly declared. "I am."

Neos, the whole time he had his eyes on the Ghost Pokemon, had admittedly been studying its DNA and he could indeed see the traces of being born with the invasive move. It was Pokemon like this, that either was abandoned by nature, nurture or was left to die or fend for itself when it has done nothing wrong, that he took in until they felt they were ready to be on their own again. And while he wasn't showing it, he did actually feel for this Pokemon. He knew what it was like to be made into a tool.

He was also fortunate that those f*ckers hadn't been successful.

"You and me, one on one, back in the forest." If he had to defeat the Ghost on his own terms to get him to come with, so be it. A move like Dream Eater takes great care to use without backlash, so to be forced to know it from birth and be abandoned for using it was a bit f*cked up to the Ditto's thinking.

"...and I do mean 'you and me' in the literal," he stated after slipping into his own Pokespeech.

"W-wait, what about-" Ashley began to protest until she saw there was no stopping Neos. As much as she'd hate to admit it, the Duskull seemed to be far more experienced than her, and Neos was in his own league. At least she would get to see Neos fighting, but she wasn't sure to be excited or worried. She had seen a bit of Neos' more aggressive side when she asked about his "Mistress", and that was probably nothing compared to what she was going to see during this fight.

"Okay, but why? I might be just starting out, but I'd like the chance to prove myself..." She said halfheartedly, knowing that there was no stopping him. It seemed that no matter the outcome, the spectral Pokémon was not going to be a new addition to her team. That might be for the best considering how unpredictable it seemed.

{I take it you are finally abandoning the charade of being human, then? Hit me with your best shot.} It was with that taunt that the Ghost-Type Pokémon flew straight through the wall, leaving Neos and Ashley alone in the room, listening to the incessant, quiet ticking of the wall clock. Dawn approached ever closer, leaving the teenager with a disturbing lack of sleep for the upcoming Gym battle.

"Okay, but why?"

{I take it you are finally abandoning the charade of being human, then? Hit me with your best shot.}

"I might be just starting out, but I'd like the chance to prove myself..."

"This isn't about proving yourself in this bout," Neos finally stated after winding up staring at the point where the ghost phased through the wall. "That particular Pokemon has negative experiences with dealing with humans. It doesn't help that ghosts, in general, can be extremely-dangerous if dealt with in the wrong ways." Closing his eyes as he leaned his head forward, he released a deep sigh he hadn't realized he'd been holding to any degree. "If you do come with me, be very careful. I would suggest getting whatever rest you can and trying to find any other Pokemon willing to join your team after doing so once the sun rises proper."

With that, even as he felt his muscles twitching from lack of sleep, he made his way swiftly towards the forest.

• 2 weeks later...

Though she was disappointed that she wouldn't be able to battle, it was probably for the best. That didn't stop her from following them, however, as she took Neos' offer to join them. After going with them to the site of their battle, she leaned up against a tree, trying to stay awake. Unfortunately the events of the day were too draining, and despite her best efforts, she dozed off for a moment. She snapped back awake, realizing how unsafe it would be to sleep unprotected. Ashley sleepily released her Laconda who curled up on her lap for warmth in the chilly night.

"Hey there. I might fall asleep, so do you think you could look out in case anything comes for me? Thanks." She barely got the last few words out before falling asleep properly. She wasn't the heaviest sleeper, but her sheer exhaustion meant that it would take a fair bit to wake her up.

{The human sleeps.} Duskull noted dully, not truly caring. {Now, are you prepared to fight me? I can assure you that it will not be an easy bout, Pokémon-Person.} For the first time since encountering the Ghost-Type, it wasn't playing with its red eye- the piercing crimson orb examined Neos carefully, almost seeming to gaze into his soul.

It was just past midnight, and the dewy grass shifted this way and that in the slight summer wind. The cool water soaked into Ashley's clothes from where she sat, and the cool water splashed on Laconda's scales in a way that caused the little serpent to let out what sounded like a sigh.

"Didn't think it would be," Neos remarked...before there were many illusionary copies of him surrounding the Duskull, emerging from the visible original with a snap of his fingers.

"Thing is"

"I'm not"

"Easy, either."

Each part of the sentence were sounded at different points of the circle around him, and each of the different illusions seemed to be of differing poses, making it near impossible to tell just which one was him, even with the voice being heard in different points. Each part was also spoken by a different illusion while none of the others spoke, but one of the three speaking illusions also had a small sliver of a branch poking into it while talking, making it clear that just because an illusion was speaking does not instantly mean it's the real one.

(Double Team is go.)

Duskull's eye managed to pick out the flaw in the duplicate directly in front of it, and it practically snorted in derision. {My chances are one in two, Pokémon-Person. And my guess is . . . to the right!} That was what it said, but its eye flicked left and used Hypnosis on the duplicate in that direction. The quick-sleep move came in contact with its target, leaving a distinct tension hanging in the air. Had Duskull guessed correctly, or incorrectly?

The breeze blew through the leaves and the grass, making it so that a sleeping Neos would topple over . . . if he was put to sleep at all.

(Welp, since it is literally one-hit takes all or close to, it would actually take more than one Dream Eater to take Neos out due to level difference, I decided to roll for if Hypnosis would actually hit after a single use of Double Team...it's got literally just under a coinflip chance of hitting, 45%.)

The duplicate hit with the Hypnosis immediately fell forward with a thud with arms wrapped around his head as the wide-brimmed hat popped off to roll away, causing the other to jolt back away as it slowly began to flicker in and out. A silent snap came from the fading double before disappearing into the aether as Neos lost touch with wakefulness...

...the pain from the sudden impact against the ground was enough to cause the pain from his earlier crash to flare back up in his forced slumber, one hand twitching as his face distorted into a pained one.

(...and the diceroller I used decreed that his face would be one with the grass. I am amazed.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let Mistress Mew go, or I will murder you when I get out of here!"

Neos was surrounded by a cage comprised entirely of glass around of him, put on display within part of a closed environment of some sort. His punches and kicks caused echoing thunder upon each impact, but not a single crack was forming in it.

"I think not," he heard from the woman in front of him on the other side of the glass. "Your 'Mistress' would fetch quite a price to the right buyer...in addition to you when I sell you back to the Rockets."

Blinded by rage, he let loose a roar towards the b!tch as he continued swinging and kicking. The only reason he hadn't transformed out human form was the fact that this accursed Hunter had not tested her Imprisoning Device against this type of situation and wasn't willing to risk testing it and losing a grand paycheck from it...

Casually, Duskull ate the pained dreams of its fallen foe. {Respect where respect is due, Pokémon-Person. You wished to absolve me of my pain . . . let me clear yours away for at least a single night.}

Neos's dreamless sleep allowed him far more rest than the uncomfortable nightmares he'd been having . . . but when he woke, the Duskull was gone, and the sun had risen.

[[Thornbay City - 9 AM]]

The nurse woke Garbit from his sleep, smiling at the image of the small child curled up with his loyal Pokémon. "Rise and shine, young man. Breakfast this morning consists of pancakes and Oran Berries," she presented a plate to him, handing the recently-woken child a plastic fork.

The morning dew had soaked straight through Ashley's clean shirt and pair of pants, and she'd left all the Nip-soaked clothes to wash in the Pokémon Center . . . halfway across town. It definitely wouldn't be comfortable walking there in wet clothes . . .

Neos's position was unchanged on the grass, and he had the best view of the lazy little town- a few scattered houses, a brilliantly glimmering lake in the early morning sunshine, a small mom-and-pop shop, a Pokémon Gym resembling an old greenhouse, and the Pokémon Center. It wasn't much of a town, but it was actually quite picturesque.

For once, Neos was not feeling anywhere near as sore as he was when he fell asleep upon awakening, removing the side of his face from the grass underneath it as he groaned."Holy Arceus, what happened," he muttered under his breath as he shifted into a crossed-legged sitting position without changing the direction he was facing. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up towards the scene in front of him, trying to piece together the last thing he could recall...

He didn't bother looking around for the Duskull, with the sun being up in the sky, he figured it was already gone for the day. The entire front of him was drenched from laying in the grass for however long it had been

"...damn," he breathed to himself as the flashes of the last moments of awareness came back to him. To him splitting into two, then to him almost flinching as the Duskull managed to lock eyes with him and nail him with a Hypnosis, to him managing to manipulate the illusionary double even as consciousness drifted away from him after the impact he felt.

...wait a minute. Impact. Two crashes in the same night normally had his nerves flaring from pain, which meant that he should be far drained than he is from the nightmares he normally suffered from pain, which meant...

"...I guess I should count myself lucky that was all it wanted," he muttered to himself before finally standing up, leaning down to pick up his hat and place it back on his head...causing him to get drenched by water that had collected in it. "...Arceus-dammit." Pulling back blue hair that was now trying to stick to his face, Neos walked up towards Ashley and carefully picked her up bridal-style while trying not to wake her up...

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

"So...this is Thornbay City, huh?" Danial had just arrived from the forest, having camped there for the night. The young teen stretched out his arms, mindful of the Emolga that was perched on his shoulder. The nights spent on the outskirts of both the forest and the city wasn't the most pleasant, as was present by the tired look on his face. "C'mon Proton, let's get you to a Pokemon Center." He turned to his Emolga; while it wasn't in a critical state, it had been in a few battles during there trip through the forest. Proton would have to be in top shape if they hoped to take on the Gym Leader of the city, afterall. Danial reached into his bag and pulled out his Pokedex - it was in the style of the Pokedex's they used back in Unova; an almost cellphone-like design. However, his was a bit different in the fact that it was up to date with the Pokemon of this region. This was thanks to the collaboration between his father and a Professor...Pine? He didn't quite remember his name, but that wasn't important. What was important was that he was here, ready to take on the world. Taking a deep breathe, he took his first step into the town and towards the Pokemon Center.

Garbit hears a kind, almost motherly voice from behind the darkness of his closed eyes. "Rise and shine, young man." The boy slowly opens his eyes to see a familiar women with pink hair. "Breakfast this morning consists of pancakes and Oran Berries,"

"Thanks." Garbit sit up and accepts the plate and fork from the nurse, before shaking both of his Pokemon awake. "Hey there, it's time for breakfast." Garbit held out both his hands, an Oran Berry in each one, the Pokemon both quickly grap the food out of the hand closest to you them. Garbit smiled before turning to the nurse that was just about to leave. "Can you show me where the dining hall Is? I would prefer to eat at a table if you don't Mind."

When Ashley awoke she found that she wasn't in the woods, but in the Pokémon Center. She remembered the start of Neos and that Duskull fighting, and then... being carried? She wasn't sure if that was real or a dream, but decided it was probably the latter. After the initial confusion she noticed the smell of what she assumed was breakfast. She changed out of her clothes and put on fresh ones, hoping that she would be able to do some laundry at the Center, or at least somewhere. Yesterday's events left her clothes in need of a good wash, but for now she settled on finding the source of that smell...

Her search led her to the Pokémon Center's dining hall, where the Nurse informed her that breakfast was pancakes and Oran berries. Her mother had made that a few times and she felt a pang of homesickness. She took a plate of food and sat at a table next to a window, looking out towards the forest. Ashley noticed a teenage boy holding a Pokémon in his arms heading towards the Center.

"He must've had a rough time, going through there alone." She said under her breath, wondering what would have happened to her if Neos hadn't been there to whisk them away...

The dining hall was tiny, with plates of pancakes and Oran Berries laid out for four- Garbit had been led to a seat by the back wall, overseen by a watchful Warmink, Danial had been given a complimentary breakfast while his Emolga received attention, Ashley had a plate laid out for her, and it could be assumed that the fourth plate, completely ignored, was for Neos.

The nurse bustled about, dressed in a simple blue shirt and jeans, and smiled sheepishly. "Good morning, trainers. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I keep forgetting to wash my uniforms. If you have a load of clothes you need to wash, towels, anything, you'll have to wait a few minutes while I make sure I'm presentable."

Suddenly, she seemed to notice something. "Anyone know where what's-his-name went? I'm pretty sure I told him the right door . . ."

He knew the way to go, but for the moment Neos was dealing with the Nurse's Furmine, as the compulsively thieving Pokémon had made off with his hat into the bathroom.

[spoiler=Just a quick note]

I want Ashley and Danial to meet and talk for a few moments first, and then let you both challenge Fern. As-is, though, Fern's Predincense is a bit to much for Proton, Rascal, or Squirt to deal with, so unless you want to set up a character arc or something I suggest they both head back down onto Route 401 to get some training in.

(XD, I'm gonna have fun with this!)

"Give."

"Me."

"My."

"HAT."

On each word, Neos had tried to swipe back his hat from the thieving Furmine, blowing air out of his nose after the last word. He was having to resist the urge to do anything particularly Pokemon-ish, like making use of Agility due to having seen someone about in the Center that definitely did not know what he really was.

In all honesty, he was hoping to keep it like that. The nurses knowing was a necessary evil, but other people?

The more people that knew what he was, the more he risked being found again by Team Rocket, whom seemed to have agents every-f*cking-where on the globe as well as ran the risk of losing his license as a trainer.

Taking a dive towards the Furmine and missing once again, a 'thud' was heard as Neos wound up face-first into a wall. "Ow," he groaned as he peeled himself off the floor after the impact knocked him back onto his back. "...okay, that's it." After standing up, while careful not to be seen doing so, Neos quickly slid into one of the smaller empty rooms and demorphed before reTransforming a few seconds later.

The hat that the Furmine once held suddenly disappeared into thin air.

"That should teach it to not steal my hat," Neos stated after finally entering the room where everyone else was eating with his face still more yellow than it should be from the impact, moving towards the one untouched plate...then realized it was geared towards a more-herbivorous diet. Yeah, Dittos are typically herbivores, but his time in this form allowed him to become an omnivore instead. Giving a sigh at this after seeing the other plates, which were only slightly less vegetarian in nature, he decided not to argue it before eating like an human.

If anyone did ask that didn't know what he really way, he could claim being a vegetarian. Some trainers wind up doing so out of need while traveling, after all.

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

"Oh, uh, thanks." He spoke to the person who had given him the complementary breakfast. It was odd, but he wasn't complaining; he was starving after his adventure through the forest. He made his way towards the dining hall, noting another younger trainer whom had also gotten said breakfast. The dining hall itself wasn't very large, and Danial could see immediately where he was to be seated in a table with someone. The person in question was a girl that seemed to be around his age, if not a bit older. He let out a sigh, cursing internally. He didn't do too well with other people, but he'd have to bite the bullet. He made his way towards the table, noting the other empty plate on the table.

"Hey..." He sheepishly greeted the girl, taking the spot that was directly in front of her. He looked down at his place - pancakes with Oran Berries on them. While he was a bit tired of berries himself, after having eaten a variety of them from the forest, the pancakes were very welcoming. He thought about starting the conversation with the girl - after all, he doubted that they'd spend the whole time in awkward silence. Might as well get the ball rolling, right? The only problem was that he had no idea how to start the conversation. Before he could put much thought into it, the nurse walked in. "Good morning, trainers. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I keep forgetting to wash my uniforms. If you have a load of clothes you need to wash, towels, anything, you'll have to wait a few minutes while I make sure I'm presentable."

"Morning, doc." He responded to the nurse. He turned down to his clothing - a bit dirty from the other day, but nothing too bad. He could probably go until the next PokeCenter before washing his clothing became an issue. "Anyone know where what's-his-name went? I'm pretty sure I told him the right door . . ." She seemed to be talking about someone else then - his guess would be other person that would be eating with them. He nodded his head no, as he had no idea who the person was. "So..." He turned to his pancakes before looking up at the girl again. He and his stomach decided that it would be best if she started the conversation as he took the first bite out of his pancakes. He turned to the man that had joined them - probably the one that the nurse was talking about. "Yo." He greeted him, before turning back to his pancakes.

Garbit, followed by his pokemon, quickly found their way into the dining hall. The human child didn't like that he was being watched over by the Warmink, especially when the others seemed to be seated together around a slightly bigger table, even the guy who had just walked in. Of course, it made sense considering how he nearly fainted the night before, why was he even up though? It was probably nothing important if he couldn't remember it, by still, if felf like something was pulling on his chest. Now that he thought about it, it felt more like his shirt. Looking down Garbit noticed his two pokemon trying to grab the plate with a singular pancake still uneaten.

"You could have just asked you know." Cowcow shook their head and tilted it over to where Neos had just sat down. "Wait, am I correct in understanding that you want me to give this to Neos." The two pokemon nodded. It wasn't long before Garbit got out of his seat and walked over to the ditto. "Hey there, the pancakes were a little to filling and now I'm stuffed." Garbit lies, using it as an excuse to be over there. "I was wondering if you wanted the rest of it, you know, if your not vegan. "

Just as Ashley expected, the teenager she had seen exiting the forest entered the Center. He took a plate of breakfast though it seemed he wasn't expecting it. Ashley took a bite of her food while absentmindedly looking at the newcomer and the room in general, trying to avoid eye contact. She was still wondering what exactly happened last night, and through a combination of being lost in thought and also not fully awake yet she failed to notice that he had given her a greeting. She looked up, a bit startled, and swallowed her partially-chewed food, coughing slightly from having to force it down.

"Uh, hi." She said in a groggy tone. "Sorry, I'm a little tired from last night. It was... eventful." She poked at her food a bit. It make sense that Neos didn't want her to battle that Duskull, but still...

"Good morning, trainers. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I keep forgetting to wash my uniforms. If you have a load of clothes you need to wash, towels, anything, you'll have to wait a few minutes while I make sure I'm presentable." The nurse greeted them, dressed in casual clothes.

"If it's not too much trouble, could you show me where I can go to wash my clothes after yours are done? I got some PokéNip on mine, and I need that out ASAP." She said, smiling slightly despite being only half-awake and not in the best of moods.

She was suddenly aware of the silence between her and the boy. He tried to break it, but wasn't very successful.

Is he tired, or just bad at talking to girls? Heh, might be both. She thought. Looks like she would have to take the lead on this.

"Hi, my name's Ashley. I saw you come from the forest, is your Pokémon okay?" She started, then noticed that he was currently preocupied with his food. Maybe he spent a while in that forest and was hungry. That or he didn't want to talk.

Neos walked in, looking a bit annoyed. He took a plate and sat with the two of them. Ashley finished her mouthful and turned to him.

"So what happened last night? I think I clocked out just when you were getting started..." She gave a sheepish chuckle. "And I woke up here. So... thanks? Probably? I don't really remember much..." She said with a confused look.

She looked at the boy. "This is Neos. He's been travelling with me and someone else. He's a bit cold at first, but he'll warm up to you." She said, before looking at Neos then back to the boy. "Probably." She sensed that now would be a good time to shut up and took a mouthful of food, trying not to make any more of a fool of herself.

The nurse smiled brightly, if admittedly with no small degree of awkwardness. "Just hand your clothing over to me, I'll take it to wash."

In Poké-speak, the Warmink muttered, {Doesn't wanna say that her bedroom is also the laundry room, heh.} To the trainers, though, it sounded like a mess of warbling chuffs, like a very fat, very old cat.

"In any case," the nurse continued, shrugging off whatever her Warmink had said, "I hope the food wasn't too terrible. All homemade," she laughed nervously, ring to hide a small burn on her arm. Minus her nurse's outfit, it was clear that she was very young- not much more than a teenager- which explained some of her bumbling inexperience.

At that moment, the Happiny toddled into the room, handing Danial Proton's Pokéball with a cheerful smile. Or trying to, in any case- the poor thing wasn't even as tall as the benches on the table, so its chirping cheer was considerably below the young man's line of sight.

It was at that moment that the lights suddenly became brighter, and the nurse cursed under her breath. "Well, so much for some extra sleep," she muttered, barely audible as she rushed to the front counter, obviously not ready to start another day of helping trainers.

[spoiler= Layout of the Pokémon Center]

Along the west wall are individual rooms, each with one twin-sized bed, a vanity mirror, and small ensuite bathroom that's essentially a toilet, a shower stall, and a sink.

The center of the building is the main area that you see in the games- phone, PC, and counter, and the door to the back.

The east side of the building has visitor bathrooms (which is where Furmine took Neos's hat), and a locked door to this back area where the dining room is. Normally, there are two or more nurses that trade off to work in shifts, but because of short staffing in Teno due to interference from Team Heart, this one is all alone.

In the far back of the building you have two bedrooms, both of which are partially flooded and filled with mold thanks to an attack by Team Spade.

Lastly, you have a combination laundry/boiler room with two washers and two dryers, a water heater, and the fuse box in the very corner of the building.

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

"Hi, my name's Ashley. I saw you come from the forest, is your Pokémon okay?" Good, she had taken the initiative in the conversation. Swallowing what amount of food he had in his mouth, he responded. "I'm Daniel." He took another bite of his pancake. "Ah, Proton? He should be fine. He might not look it, but he's a resilient little guy." At that moment, however, she was addressing the stranger that had joined them earlier. "This is Neos. He's been travelling with me and someone else. He's a bit cold at first, but he'll warm up to you. Probably." Daniel gave a wave to Neos. Before he could say anything, however, the nurse started talking. "In any case I hope the food wasn't too terrible. All homemade" She laughed rather nervously. Ironically, her attempts to hide her small burns had brought said burn to Daniel's attention. As he was going to thank the nurse, he heard the sounds of chirping. Looking down, he was greeted by a rather cheery looking Happiny; a Pokeball in its hand. "Hey there little one. Is that who I think it is?" He pet the Happiny in the head before retrieving the Pokeball from its nubby hands. Tossing it into the air lightly, he released the Pokemon inside it. The Emolga appeared on top of the table, a smug smile on its face. It turned to its trainer and leaped into him. "Hey there buddy. You want some berries?" Daniel spoke to the Emolga, directing its attention to what was left of his breakfast, which was a bit of pancake and berries. Almost as quickly as it jumped at Daniel, the Emolga leaped onto the place and started to eat the leftover breakfast. Smiling, he returned his attention back to the girl and the man. "So...what brings you guys here? Not the Pokemon Center, obviously, the town." He laughed a bit nervously as he fumbled through that last sentence. He took a deep breathe and continued. "I assume at least one of you is challenging the gym, yes?"

Giving a peace sign with his hand upon the one-word greeting from the newcomer of the place, Neos tossed back yet another Oran Berry...

...this was one hard berry. It refused to be bit into two for some reason.

"Wait, am I correct in understanding that you want me to give this to Neos?" Neos turned his head slightly towards Garbit, seeing the kid starting to get up after a 'chat' with his Pokemon.

"So what happened last night? I think I clocked out just when you were getting started..."
"Hey there, the pancakes were a little too filling and now I'm stuffed."

It wasn't intentional, but both sentences came pretty damned close to being said at the same time. Raising a hand as if to say 'wait', he reached into his mouth with a couple of fingers to grab at the berry...that had got stuck onto one of his fangs. It took a few pulls, but he finally managed to pull it out with a wince. "Ow, that berry wasn't ready for picking," he ended up muttering before turning towards Garbit. "Also, even with that in my mouth, I can still tell you're lying about being stuffed. Don't worry, if I need to I can hun---"

"This is Neos. He's been traveling with me and someone else. He's a bit cold at first, but he'll warm up to you." Neos winced at this statement before turning towards her.

"You would have had a different opinion of me if you had been paying attention to your surroundings during that battle."

"I assume at least one of you is challenging the gym, yes?"

This was something he would have to answer with care. "I'm admittedly more of a traveler than a trainer. I adopt Pokemon that have been either abandoned, left for dead or otherwise given a bad hand in survival and help them become better or act as a surrogate parent for some of my younger adoptees. I admittedly don't have any Pokemon on hand."

Neos was careful to make sure the Premier Ball on his waist wasn't seen as he shifted his weight to lean forward.

It was only after Neos lifted his hand that garbit realized how close the rest actually were to each other, making him even more uncomfortable with his seat at the back then before.

"Ow, that berry wasn't ready for picking. Also, even with that in my mouth, I can still tell you're lying about being stuffed. Don't worry, if I need to I can hun---" Neos was easily cut off by Ashley, not that Garbit was really paying attention to what she said, he was to busy looking back at the Warmink that seemingly hadn't taken it's eyes off him, sure it ment that they were good at their job, it was just a little creepy that's all.

"I assume at least one of you is challenging the gym, yes?" Garbit used this as an excuse to not go back to the seat he was at before, coming out from behind neos and coming into the eyesight of the new guy.

"I would, but this little rascal probably needs some proper training first." It was at this moment that the young trainer realized that his starter was no longer on his shoulder, and instead was trying to climb up the new arrival's leg, probably to try and battle their pokemon. "Like I said, a rascal, he's always trying to battle someone" The child picked up the calf before extending his left arm and smiling"My name is Garbit by the way, and this is Cowcow and Cragmite." Garbit continued, indicating which was which with his right and left shoulder respectively.

• 3 weeks later...

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

While the girl and his Emolga continued to eat their food, her companions - one of which appeared behind the other one - answered his question. First was the older of the two. "I'm admittedly more of a traveler than a trainer. I adopt Pokemon that have been either abandoned, left for dead or otherwise given a bad hand in survival and help them become better or act as a surrogate parent for some of my younger adoptees. I admittedly don't have any Pokemon on hand." Daniel nodded his head, not noticing the item on the man's belt. "I see...that's noble, er...Neos was it?" He had hoped that he had gotten his name right, after only hearing it a few seconds ago. "I would, but this little rascal probably needs some proper training first." The younger of the two had joined them in the table. It was then that he felt something on his leg. Looking down, he noticed a Pokemon he had never seen before - a sort of calf looking, one that reminded him a bit of Deerling. The young cow seemed to have a hunger for battle. "Like I said, a rascal, he's always trying to battle someone" Daniel chuckled softly as the boy picked up his Pokemon before the kid extended his arm to him. "My name is Garbit by the way, and this is Cowcow and Cragmite." Using his free hand, the boy pointed at his two Pokemon, one on each shoulder. Daniel smiled before extending his own arm to meet Garbit. "Name's Daniel. Nice to meet you." The emolga, its mouth full of food, started tugging on Daniel's sleeve. Daniel sighed before directing his hands towards the flying squirrel that occupied the table. "This is my partner, Proton. We're here to take on the gyms of this region." Proton puffed out his chest confidently as Daniel spoke, before giving a curious glance to the Pokemon on the boys shoulder. Primarily, it was looking at Cowcow with a curious look, although it would occasionally glance towards Cragmite before returning its gaze on the calf.

Archived