Pokémon: Tipping Point [IC]

Draconus297

"So you're planning on taking on the Gyms? Me too," Ashley said, then sighed. "But as much as I hate to admit it, I've been a trainer for barely a day. Never really got the chance to start the whole 'Pokémon Trainer' thing, but I'm pretty experienced at taking care of 'em. Some of my family are trainers and they taught me a lot, but I figured it's now or never to start, you know?" She finished, looking out the window.

Even though it was only for a short while, her time as a trainer has been action-packed. She was equal parts worried and excited for what was to come. She just hoped that she'd be ready for it when it happened...

"The name's Ashley by the way. Ashley Hazen. You might know my younger sister, but she's more into contests than battles. One of us had to be the girly one, right?" She joked, still looking out the window.

Suddenly she leaned towards Daniel, her eyes wide.

"But it's my older brother that's the real ace trainer! He was in the top four in the Unova Pokémon League Conference! I'm gonna beat him one day if it's the last thing I do!" Her voice full of admiration and pride.

"But first I have to beat the Gym in this town. Baby steps, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?" 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well, if you're taking on the Thornbay Gym," the nurse called from the other room, "I'm going to tell you both that you're woefully unprepared. Miss Fern may look sweet, but her Predincense is vicious," she shuddered slightly, as if she were afraid of the Pokémon, "you have no idea how often I wind up needing to treat Pokémon that that one Pokémon smacked silly. Unless one of you has a Poison-Type I don't know about, I'd recommend not challenging Miss Fern."

The Warmink simply chuffed in agreement, the big, fluffy Pokémon looking rather judgmental as it sat in the corner and stared at everyone eating their breakfast.

The Happiny eagerly hopped in place, before toddling towards the door . . . and slipping on a small purplish blob. It picked it up, and threw it with a surprisingly good arm up to the table Neos and Daniel were sitting at.

[spoiler= Item Description]

You got a Foul Jelly!

These are typically found in Stalachnid nests. A Pokémon holding it will slowly regain health, and will automatically recover upon fainting, but won't be too enthused about it.

(Recovers 1/12 of max HP and lowers Happiness by 1 every turn, and and automatically uses itself up as a Revive if the holder faints, but drops their Happiness to 0 if it does- think a fairy in a bottle in LoZ)

The odd blob appeared to be flying more towards Neos, so he held out a hand to catch it...

...and the feeling of the blob and the smell caused immediate regret in doing so, causing him to toss it up slightly. Upon coming back down, it fell in the middle of the table as the false human continued shaking his hand behind him to get whatever could have been left of that off of his hand.

"Oh, good f---what is that horrible stuff?" The stuff he didn't manage to shake off, however, absorbed into him through his skin, making him feel a bit better than usual, but the feeling of disgust magnified. "Yeah, keep that crap-o-la away from me, that sh!t just...my appetite's gone now."

Standing up from the table, Neos pushed the chair back in, studying Cragmite's form for a little bit longer until he could hold it in his head. "I'll be back, I'm gonna go out for a bit, maybe see if I can find where that Duskull sleeps."

With that, he leaves the Pokemon center...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Taking several steps away, Neos looked around before spotting one building he could clearly identify as a Pokemon Gym and muttering to himself, "I'm taking a dice roll with that form, but maybe..." Keeping his cool as he did, he approached it. Once he was in front of the doors, he looked around the building before spotting a few thankfully large plants, large enough hide his current form.

Doing his best to not let anyone see him or his sneakiness, Neos hid among those plants and used Transform into the Cragmite form he'd been holding in his head, all while keeping the glow of the process hidden within the plants.

Once done, the speed of the Cragmite started to irk him, but he calmed himself down over it and snuck into the Gym through one of the cracked open windows, the Cragmite's eyes an unusual neon-green.

(Spy Ditto being a spy...)

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

"So you're planning on taking on the Gyms? Me too, But as much as I hate to admit it, I've been a trainer for barely a day. Never really got the chance to start the whole 'Pokémon Trainer' thing, but I'm pretty experienced at taking care of 'em. Some of my family are trainers and they taught me a lot, but I figured it's now or never to start, you know?" Daniel nodded "I haven't been a trainer for very long either, although I've known Proton since I've been a small child." He petted the Emolga, which was still staring at both the Pokemon on Garbit's shoulders. "The name's Ashley by the way. Ashley Hazen. You might know my younger sister, but she's more into contests than battles. One of us had to be the girly one, right?" Shaun nodded his head, as he didn't really follow contests all that much. Suddenly, Ashley leaned towards him, causing him to blush a bit as he backed up a bit. "But it's my older brother that's the real ace trainer! He was in the top four in the Unova Pokémon League Conference! I'm gonna beat him one day if it's the last thing I do!" The small blush faded from his face at the mention of Unova. "That's funny, I'm from Unova." He stopped to think about the top champs from his home city, seeing if he could match up the name. "But first I have to beat the Gym in this town. Baby steps, but everyone has to start somewhere, right?"

"Well, if you're taking on the Thornbay Gym, I'm going to tell you both that you're woefully unprepared." The nurse seemed to have overheard their conversation about taking on the Gym. "Miss Fern may look sweet, but her Predincense is vicious. You have no idea how often I wind up needing to treat Pokémon that that one Pokémon smacked silly. Unless one of you has a Poison-Type I don't know about, I'd recommend not challenging Miss Fern." Shaun gave her a look of minor annoyance. "Tch. I bet I can take her on. Still..." He turned back to Ashley. "You said you were challenging the gym, yes? We should have a sparing match." Before he could continue on, he was interrupted by a flying glob. Luckily Neos had caught it, otherwise it might of smacked Daniel in the face. "Oh, good f---what is that horrible stuff?" Almost immedietly, he dropped it onto the table in disgust. "Yeah, keep that crap-o-la away from me, that sh!t just...my appetite's gone now." As Neos left the group, Daniel stared at the disgusting blob that was now in front of him. Proton attention was finally diverted from the strange Pokemon to the pile of goo that was next to it. Curiously, it poked it with its hand before immediately recalling in disgust. "Well I don't want it..."

With all this talk of childhoods full of pokemon, Garbit couldn't help but think of the bidoof he used to play with, 'I wander how they're doing, maybe if I'm lucky we'll pass by where the people I left them with lives.' Garbit's face suddenly dropped. 'Don't set up your expectations Garbit, you now what happens when you do...' His train of thought was soon impeded by a less then present noise.

"Oh, good f---what is that horrible stuff?" The 12-yr old and their pokemon , including the calf that just a moment ago was having a staring contest with emolga, almost simultaneously moved their heads to look at the goo.

"Great, there goes my last pancake. Anyone mind me putting whatever that is in the bin?"

"Yeah, keep that crap-o away from me, that sh!t just...my appetite's gone now."

"Well I don't want it...

"How 'bout you Ash?"

"Wait you're from Unova too? Small world." Ashley remarked, returning to a more comfortable sitting position. "Where about? I'm from Striaton myself. Spent a ton of time in Kalos growing up too, you could call that my second home really."

The nurse told them that they were both unprepared for the Gym, prompting Ashley to give a small huff in response. She was about to ask Daniel more about their home region when the whole table was assaulted by a pile of sludge. Immediately they were assaulted by its stench, causing all of them to presumably lose their appetite. This was fairly high on her personal list of the most disgusting things she had ever experienced, but it wasn't the worst. One by one her companions expressed their distaste for the substance:

"Great, there goes my last pancake. Anyone mind me putting whatever that is in the bin?"

"Yeah, keep that crap-o away from me, that sh!t just...my appetite's gone now." 

"Well I don't want it...

"How 'bout you Ash?"

After the initial lurch in her stomach, she was able to muster up the willpower to respond.

"Sure, why the hell not? It's gross, but a Poison-type might like it." She tried her best to not gag through the sentence and was just barely successful.

She quickly took out one of the airtight jars in her bag and emptied the contents, then put the sludge in it and sealed the jar. Only then did she remember that the small cloth bag contained PokéNip. The label on it showed the type: Electric. Though she scrambled to find another jar, the scent was probably already beginning to waft through the room.

"Uh... Daniel, can you hold Proton? He might get a little crazy. That stuff's PokéNip I found. Sorry." She nervously said, finally finding another jar, this time containing Psychic Nip. 

Would have been good for this to be the first one I found... She thought, fearing the consequences.

From Neos's vantage point from the broken glass panel of the greenhouse-esque Thornbay City Gym, he could see that someone had gone out of their way to challenge Fern early in the morning.

On one side of the room, a frustrated-looking trainer was apparently recalling a fainted Pokémon, whereas on the other . . . a gentle-looking young woman in overalls and a gardener's hat stood behind a terrifying-looking Pokémon.

Four long, brown legs that looked like dry leaves were bent low, supporting a thick stem of a torso and a trio of tails that looked like vines. However, the most noticeable detail of this powerful-looking Pokémon was its head, which resembled a massive flytrap, not unlike Carnivine. However, this Pokémon's head was the same dry-plant-matter brown as its legs, and gray-blue smoke billowed from its mouth. "Pred," it grunted, which Neos understood was Poké-speak for {Pathetic}.

"You have two Pokémon to challenge me with, and your first one couldn't touch my Predincense once? Oh my," the woman, who it was quite obvious was the Gym Leader Fern, pouted, "it looks like I'll be hanging onto these badges a little while longer, then. They gave me 20 badges to give out a month ago, and I have only had to give out one! Come on, try! Beat me! I know you can do it!"

"Shut up," the frustrated young man barked. "Go, Civibin!" He yelled, throwing a Pokéball in a high arc and releasing a little white bird with long yellow tailfeathers. "Dive at it and use Peck!"

Fern tsked and pouted again. "Hmm. I guess not. Predincense? Use Scent Trap."

The Grass-Type opened its jaws wide, extending them like a massive hinge . . . and slamming them shut on the dive-bombing bird, practically crushing it. Then it spun its head like a crocodile's before tossing the unconscious Flying-Type across the floor.

"I'm sorry, but you failed," Fern smiled, "but feel free to try again later, okay?"

At a 2-0 flawless victory from Fern, the furious young Trainer stormed out, not even bothering to recall the fainted Civibin.

"Young man? Young man! You forgot your- well, okay, then. Be a dear, Rudy, and take the poor thing to the Center?" Fern asked politely.

A sulking Gym trainer (evidently the challenger had blown through him without issue) tore off towards the Pokémon Center, carrying the little bird as he left.

======

The Nurse quickly turned to face the counter as Rudy approached. "Another one, Miss. He just left the little thing," the Gym Trainer said hesitantly after running over, out of breath and reeking of the scent of sage.

"Hm . . . I suppose I'll have another adoption drive," the Nurse said as she took the Pokémon and its ball from the young man. "But honestly, these newer Trainers have a bad habit of abandoning their Pokémon, and I won't stand for it. There are only so many I can keep around the Center," she pointedly sighed, giving her little Happiny a look.

Neos was torn upon the sight he saw before him, studying the vicious Pokemon in his perch high in the Gym. The plantlife around him helped greatly in hiding his presence, though he was praying that no one found the jewel, Premier Ball and Pokedex he had to leave in the bushes outside due to this form being far too small to hold such things within.

During the battle, he had been trying to get a read on the odd Pokemon, wincing from his tiny perch as the Pokemon that looked much like a dead venus flytrap wrecked its opponent's two Pokemon, the loss of the second causing the trainer to abandon the poor Pokemon behind.

He would have swooped in and tried to help the injured Pokemon himself if another hadn't  taken the Pokemon to take to the Pokemon Center. A little bit of air blown through the slits that acted as noses, Neos hopped down from his perch and entered visibility, demorphing back into his original form, then into his graying Ninetales form.

I have a challenge for the pair of you, Neos projected towards both Pokemon and Gym Leader. I wish to battle you for one of the Badges you seem to cling tightly to. Then again, are you really testing your strength against viable opponents? It's far too easy to beat up on inexperienced trainers, after all. Almost as an afterthought, Neos also added, Also, don't bother trying to capture me, I already have a Pokeball linked to myself.

Immediately after he sent off this message, he squinted his eyes slightly as he projected a single message towards Garbit and Ashley.

I'm at the Gym right now, hoping to see if I can get Fern to battle me. Get over here ASAP in case I actually get my ass handed to me...already saw one Pokemon go to the Center in bad shape...

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

Ashley, whom he had learned was also from Unova, decided to take the mysterious sludge after everyone else denounced it. "Sure, why the hell not? It's gross, but a Poison-type might like it." As she was fiddling with her bag and some jars, Proton stared intently at her before leaping towards the source of the PokéNip. Luckily, Daniel had grabbed Proton before the small squirrel could leap at her. A particular scent seemed to surround the air. "Uh... Daniel, can you hold Proton? He might get a little crazy. That stuff's PokéNip I found. Sorry."

"It's all good" He said as Proton was going ballistic in his arms. Another scent seemed to blend in alongside the scent of Nip - a more nature-like smell. He turned his head towards the gym trainer and the nurse. "Hm . . . I suppose I'll have another adoption drive. But honestly, these newer Trainers have a bad habit of abandoning their Pokémon, and I won't stand for it. There are only so many I can keep around the Center!" The Pokemon in question seemed to be a little bird of sorts "Poor little guy..." He thought outloud before turning his attention back to his own Pokemon, who was still fighting to escape his grasp. 

I'm at the Gym right now, hoping to see if I can get Fern to battle me. Get over here ASAP in case I actually get my ass handed to me...already saw one Pokemon go to the Center in bad shape...

Garbit moved closer to Ashley, not very difficult consider their hight. "You heard that too, right?" the line was whispered,  to make sure that Daniel didn't hear. After a signal of acknowledge,  the boy continued, speaking directly to Daninel this time "It was nice meeting you but should probably get goin..." Garbit's words faded as he heard the nurse talking.

"Hm . . . I suppose I'll have another adoption drive, but honestly, these newer Trainers have a bad habit of abandoning their Pokémon, and I won't stand for it. There are only so many I can keep around the Center,"

"Change of plans, you go on a head. I have some new business to attend to. as garbit redirected his voice buck to Ashley, it seemed to became more serious, much like it did at the last Pokécenter. A small noise escaped Cowcow's mouth as Garbit walked to the counter. "Trust me I know what I'm doing. No one could tell if the statement was aimed at the calf or the girl.

"There will be no need for that."

"Wh-what?" The boy's tone startled the poor nurse as she turned to look at him.

"I said there will be no need for the drive." Garbit's voice was suddenly back to the cheery sound most people expect to hear it with, almost as if the previous one never happened. "I would be quite happy to take the little guy myself, after their healed of course."

I'm at the Gym right now, hoping to see if I can get Fern to battle me. Get over here ASAP in case I actually get my ass handed to me... already saw one Pokemon go to the Center in bad shape...

The sudden voice in Ashley's head make her jump slightly. She had hardly noticed that Neos had left and now she was hastily repacking her bag. Garbit leaned closer to confirm that she had also heard Neos' message, to which she absentmindedly nodded in reply.

"Hey Daniel, I've gotta go. I... just remembered something I have to do..." She said, already on her way out of the room.

She almost bumped into a boy carrying a Pokémon, but she wasn't paying attention to him.

What were you thinking Neos. I know you've traveled around, but really...

Obviously Neos had battled before, but Ashley believed in the value of Trainers. Sure, Pokémon could battle on their own, but there are bound to be some perks to having someone to watch their back. She rushed into the Gym, hoping to find Neos.

"My Pokémon ran ahead of me to challenge the Gym leader, where would that happen?"

The nurse nodded, grinning brightly, and walked off to heal the little Flying-Type. "I wish that there were more trainers like you, young man. Goodness knows we could all use a little more compassion."

---- Thornbay City Gym ----

As Ashley walked in, the Gym looked like a small, simple greenhouse garden, with plants of every description growing all around- tall ferns, lovely azaleas, prickly aloe, hungering Venus Flytraps, even the odd Berry plant here and there, which all looked tantalizingly ready for the picking.

"So that's your Pokémon, then?" Rudy asked dubiously, having made it back before Ashley did. "What . . . is it?"

"He's a Ninetales, and a smart one, too," Fern smiled eagerly. "Finally, a challenge. Predincense and I have gotten so . . . bored," she sighed, scratching the Grass-Type on the back of the head. "This is a Pokémon League Challenge match. Two-on-two. I'll start with my lovely Predincense here, and you can start with your Ninetales. First woman without a conscious Pokémon loses. Do you accept these terms, challenger?"

Fern's appearance clashed heavily with her personality- she looked demure and gentle, if admittedly a little rough-and-tumble, in a soft jade blouse and overalls, and a very nice straw sun hat shielding her short brown hair. However, she seemed . . . eager . . . to battle, practically drooling at the opportunity to fight.

[spoiler= OoC]

Surprised that I introduced two new Pokémon and no one has pulled out their Dex.

(Well, the Ditto has an excuse...his Pokedex is currently elsewhere. ^^;)

"My Pokémon ran ahead of me to challenge the Gym leader, where would that happen?"

Neos turned his muzzle towards the direction of the voice, recognizing it to be Ashley's, though he was a little irked at being referred to as 'her' Pokemon. He was owned by himself, thank you very much! He narrowed his unusual eyes at her upon her entering the room where the battle would take place and shook her head.

No, he thought towards Ashley, Fern, the Predincense, and the one acting as the referee of the match. One-on-One, I get the badge if I win, not the trainer.

Neos made a calculated risk, though it was admittedly influenced by the wish to battle and projected a picture of his human form, a momentary focus on the eyes flashing across Fern's mind only. I am my own trainer.

One last message was sent, this time to Garbit. I need you to do me a favor. I had to hide my Pokeball, Pokedex, and necklace in one of the bushes near the gym. Any chance you can fetch them for me before coming in? As he projected the message to Garbit, he flashed a total of four images. The white Premier Ball, the first-generation Pokedex (think Ash's first 'dex), the odd blue crystal on the golden chain necklace that seemed to glow from within and the image of the bush that the items were carefully held in. I can't afford to lose any of those, so please, get them for me.

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

Daniel waved as the strangers that he had just met left suddenly. He turned down to Proton, who seemed to have calmed down a bit. Turning to his empty plate, he let go of Proton in order to stretch. "I should probably get going too. After all, this little guy isn't going to train himself, huh?" He spoke to no on in particular as he got up from his seat. He stuck out his elbow as Proton jumped from the table onto it, running up to his shoulder. He waved at the nurse on his way out of the Pokemon Center, and headed towards the Gym. Whether he was ready or not would be something that he decides. Plus, even if he wasn't ready it would help to at least know what he's up against.

. . .

Upon entering the Gym, he saw a cast of familiar faces - it was the group from the Pokemon Center, although Neos was notably missing. The gym leader seemed to have some sort of plant Pokemon, which gave him a bit of hope for taking her on - while he didn't know any Flying-type moves yet, Proton would be able to resist those attacks with ease. He noticed that Ashley seemed to have a Ninetales. "A rather strong Pokemon for someone who was starting out," he thought "Guess it's not too strange though. She did say her brother was an ace trainer..." He decided not to announce his presence, rather instead he took out his Pokedex and scanned the strange plant thing that stood next to the Gym Leader.

<<Predincense, the Scent Hunter Pokémon. Grass/Fire-Type. The smoke issuing from this Pokémon's mouth is highly toxic and narcotic, often resulting in vivid hallucinations. It can be useful in dragging out repressed memories, but it is first and foremost a hunting tool used to trick prey into standing still, by showing them their own memories, fantasies, and nightmares.>>

"Scary stuff..." He said under his breathe as he read the dex entry. 

Ashley was taken aback by Neos' sudden response to her idea. While she was sure he wouldn't be happy, she didn't think he'd outright refuse to go along with it. If he didn't want her help then she didn't feel like being there. After mumbling some sort of apology that even she could barely hear she turned and left the Gym, then headed to the forest to hopefully get some training in. She would challenge that Gym, no matter what. She wasn't prepared to just give up and let the opportunity slip by.

"Alright, I can do this." She said, letting out her Laconda. "We can do this." She sighed, trying to shake off what just happened.

"As long as I can see town I should be alright. Now to look for some Pokémon..."

Garbit once again heard Neos in his head, and once again, he chose to stay in the pokemon center, but this time, he try'd to explain himself, even if they had no idea if Neos would actually hear it.

Look, I know they must be somewhat important for you be be asking but... it will be a while before I can get them to you. The pokemon that got balled over by the gym is already here, I said I would take care of it. I know I haven't even properly met them yet, but if they are going to be one of my partners, I can't abandon them, I need to stay here. And if you can actually hear me, I'm sorry.

The boy looked up to the nurse, seeing her do all she can to help the pokemon, sure she didn't look to stressed out, but he could see they cared. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Well then, Mr. Ninetales," Fern giggled demurely, '"I don't see why not. A one-on-one challenge should be . . . exciting," she grinned. "Rudy! If you would, the rules?"

Confused, but rolling with the strangeness of it, the green-hailed young man recited from memory: "In the event that the challenger wishes to challenge Miss Fern using a single Pokémon, she too will be permitted one Pokémon and one alone. If the challenger succeeds in defeating the Gym Leader's Pokémon, they are awarded a Thistle Badge and a Scent Trap Technical Machine. Should they fail, they are to leave the Thornbay City Gym for a 24-hour minimum period before another challenge can be issued. No physical contact with your or your opponent's Pokémon is allowed, except in cases of extreme emergency. Outside interference from a third party is similarly forbidden. Are these rules understood by both the Gym Leader and the Challenger?"

"Expressly." Fern grinned. "I choose my darling Predincense, of course. Sic 'em, girl!"

"Predincense," it hissed, getting into a low, snarling stance, like a hunting hound at bay. Neos understood this as Pokéspeak for {Ready and willing.}

"Well, Mr. Ninetales? Is it alright that Predincense is your opponent?" Fern smirked.

----Thornbay City Pokémon Center----

"Nothing I can think of," the nurse smiled, "I'm not allowed to teach the trainers how the machines work, and I enjoy the parts I actually get to do." As she walked into the back, she gave Garbit a little wave.

"You're welcome to help yourself if there's anything you need: You know where the beds are, Warmink can show you some more pancakes if you want them . . . you know what would be a big help, actually? If you went to the other side of the center, and put the package someone left in the lobby up on the counter."

Sure enough, by looking over the counter, Garbit could see a simple cardboard box resting on the floor by the door, taped shut.

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

Things had gotten...weird...in the gym. Ashley suddenly stormed out the room, muttering something he couldn't quite catch under her breathe. Not only had she left her Ninetales behind, but it almost seemed like..."Is that Ninetales going to fight the gym by itself?!" He couldn't help but blurt out as the young trainer went over the standard gym rules; his face matching Daniel's in confusion. Just what in the hell is going on here? The gym leader seemed intent to going straight for it despite the oddity of the whole situation. Out of curiosity and confusion, he pulled out his Pokedex and scanned the Ninetales. He wasn't expecting must else outside of a simple dex entry, but there was definitely something strange about this one specifically. If there was anything that could help him understand, it would be his dex.

<<Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Normal-type. It can reconstitute its entire cellular structure to change into what it sees, but it returns to normal when it relaxes.>>

"That...what?" The Pokedex had only made things more confusing. Not only was the "ninetales" fighting the gym leader on its own apparently, but it also turns out that it was actually a Ditto. Daniel scratched his head as he scanned the Ninetales again just to make sure there wasn't a glitch. After receiving the same message again, he could confirm that the Pokemon in front of him was, in fact, a Ditto. Curious to see how everything would play out, he decided to stay and watch the battle unfold.

<<Predincense, the Scent Hunter Pokémon. Grass/Fire-Type. The smoke issuing from this Pokémon's mouth is highly toxic and narcotic, often resulting in vivid hallucinations. It can be useful in dragging out repressed memories, but it is first and foremost a hunting tool used to trick prey into standing still, by showing them their own memories, fantasies, and nightmares.>>

Well, shi!, Neos thought to himself after hearing a PokeDex go off, momentarily assuming it had been Ashley's as he readied himself.

"Is that Ninetales going to fight the gym by itself?!"

The outburst breaking his thought before he could project his response, Neos had turned his muzzle just in time to see a boy he had only seen at the Center this morning...who was now aiming a Pokedex at him.

<<Ditto, the Transform Pokémon. Normal-type. It can reconstitute its entire cellular structure to change into what it sees, but it returns to normal when it relaxes.>>

He tensed his legs at hearing this. Sh!t, there went my ace in the hole, he thought to himself again as the PokeDex played the info again before turning muzzle back towards Fern and the Predincense in front of him. Your Predincense was the one I hoped to face, he finally projected towards those around him so that he was heard.

Readying himself, he also mentally prepared to have to control his breathing to avoid most of what he could guess to be potentially fatal attacks, considering the nature of his mind. First move is yours.

Just because he was not first to fight doesn't mean he wasn't preparing for the worst.

Garbit had a somewhat confused look on his face, when did the box get here it had only been a couple of minutes since everyone else had left, and it wasn't there before they left, whatever, it at least gave him something to do.

After putting the Pokemon currently residing on his shoulder to the far end of the counter so they wouldn't get hurt, the boy moves in towards the door. Picking up the cardboard box was a little challenging, but that was mostly just the size and managed to get both the box and himself to the counter unscathed.

Despite curious of what was in the box, Garbit thought it would be best not to ask, so he chose a different question. "What species in the little guy anyway?

She started off walking, but soon Ashley found herself sprinting through the forest, her poor Laconda struggling to keep up. As she ran, tears began to drip down her face in addition to her sweat. Eventually she sat down hard, her breathing something between wheezing and sobbing. Neos' rejection of her plan didn't hurt her greatly, but it did stir some painful memories. Those were memories she tried to forget. Memories of feeling like the runt of the litter. The one who was never quite as good as the others. The one who fell behind. The one who didn't become a Trainer until she was well into her teenage years.

They were in part why she wanted to go to Teno, to get away from it all. To make a name for herself, one that wasn't under the shadow of her siblings. Even if she admired them with all her heart, she couldn't seem to shake off being "The sister of that great Trainer" or being asked "Why don't you go into contests like your sister? I'm sure you'll do great, just like her!" as if being related to someone talented made her talented. Even if they didn't mean to, every time someone compared her to her family members, she felt like they were asking her why she wasn't successful like them. She knew she was the black sheep of the family, but it seemed that nobody understood how she felt about it. Even before her or her siblings were of age to be Trainers, she was always off on her own, making friends her parents didn't approve of, even if they never openly admitted it. When they started joining Team Plasma she left them. At least, she'd like to think she left them. Saying they refused to talk to her would be more accurate. She never regretted not joining though, even if it cost her friends. Especially after learning what those kinds of people do to poor Pokémon...

Her thoughts were interrupted by her Laconda nuzzling her, having finally caught up. She stroked the small serpent, wiping away her tears despite new ones replacing them almost immediately.

"Thanks, Squirt," she said, smiling. "I'll be ready soon, just let me calm down a bit, okay?"

Fern smiled softly, demurely. "A Ditto . . . ?" She got into a readied stance, giving a simple, quiet order: "Subdue it, then force Leech Seed down its throat."

The violent Pokémon lunged forward, closing the gap at immense speed with wide jaws ready to snap shut. In the back of its leafy throat, Neos could see the pulsating lump of plant matter through the smokescreen of the predator's open maw, launching forward at him like a cannonball.

The purplish smoke began its processes already, dizzying Neos's mind . . . out of the corners of his eyes, he could even see Fern and Rudy's knees going weak from the bombardment of mind-altering smoke in a confined space.

That explained the greenhouse. No matter how far away you got, if Predincense didn't keep its mouth shut you'd be off your game. Predincense itself was immune to the effects, and with the opposing Pokémon and Trainer being mentally subdued by the fumes, it was an uphill battle the whole way. That also explained how Helena had gotten the Thistle Badge- Rapthistle's strategy of kicks to the face with its huge feet worked in its favor, clogging Predincense's maw so it couldn't breathe.

The purplish smoke wafting from Predincense's wide maw tickled at Daniel's nose, making him feel a little . . . dizzy.

---Route 401---

"Dude." A voice came from somewhere along the ground, leaving Laconda looking about in confusion. There was nobody there.

"Dude." Same gravelly voice, now accompanied by a grinding, rolling noise.

"Dude." It seemed to be getting closer.

---Thornbay City Pokémon Center---

"It's a Civibin!" The nurse called from behind the door. "Lovely little Flying-Type native only to Teno. They say that if a Civibin sings for you, you'll be blessed with good luck."

The Pokémon Center remained rather empty, with CowCow and Cragmite apparently playing charades with Happiny.

T3serha.png

Thornbay City

A strange purple smoke started filling the greenhouse-like arena, almost definitely coming from the murderous plant the ditto was fighting. As the gas spread around the room, Daniel started to feel a bit light headed, and the world around him started to get a little bit distorted. "That's strong..." He thought to himself; despite being relatively far away from the source, he was still being affected by the nauseating fumes. Almost as soon as he started coughing, he made the decision to bolt of the room - the nurse might of been right about him not being ready, if this is what he had to face up against. Returning Proton to his Pokeball, he stumbled towards the doors.

. . . 

He stumbled out the doors of the gym, coughing from the effects of the toxins in the gym. He released Proton out of his Pokeball, the small squirrel coughing as soon as it appeared. "We're gonna need some more training if we're going to take that monstrosity on..." The emolga nodded in agreement. "We should go train in the forest - it shouldn't be as hectic as it was last night, and we'll be close to a center." Proton jumped from ground and onto the boy's shoulder, determination shining in its eyes. The duo started making their way towards the forest to start training - maybe even capture something along the way.

"Subdue it, then force Leech Seed down its throat."

Meowth's outta the bag anyway, so... Backing away from the visible fog, he had planned on holding his breath once the fog came too close for his comfort and try to at least keep it away from him in Pidgeot form. However, he found himself wincing as a headache started to form, realizing for a moment his mistake.

Not all of the fog was visible, some parts were just dense enough to be seen by the naked eye. Eyes widening as not disorientation but panic began to settle, his vision caught sight of figures wearing black sneering and approaching him, a few with Pokeballs in hand.

As soon as he saw the red 'R' on the chest of one of them, Neos flipped his lid in panic.

STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM ME, TEAM ROCKET! Both psionically screaming in words understandable to all and screeching in Kantoan Poke the same and now tripped into a 'fight or flight' mentality, Neos' graying fur began to flare up literally before rushing forward, aiming for the large moving flytrap that instead looked like the most deadly of the Rocket soldiers with a Fire Charge. He barely dodged the Leech Seed and did not have the mentality to question how the 'human' in his vision pulled it off without a Pokemon.

For the sake of perceived survival, he would even kill to escape...

(Oh, sheet...)

• 2 weeks later...

"Civibin huh, I swear I heard that before." Garbit tumbled his hand around in his pocket, pulling out his pokédex and giving it a command almost immediately. Pokédex,search data: Civibin."

<<Civibin, the White Wing Pokémon. Normal/Flying-Type. This curiously intelligent Pokémon's clear white plumage and long golden tailfeathers make it renowned as a regional symbol of Teno. Local superstition states that if one sings for you, you'll be blessed with good luck. Evolves into Mawck.>>

"Regional symbol,that probably explains it." The boy mumbled to himself before looking over the device to see his Pokémon playing. Noticing the calf offered Garbit to play with them, which the boy kindly refused. "I would but I wouldn't be able to understand your guesses, I'll just watch."

Archived