[Cherry Heart] Hunt the Beast

Maeriberii Haan

A4uywC9.jpg?1

With Kin released from his hairy situation, Myth couldn't help but laugh as the dragon slayer smacked up against the boar's face at full force.  However, when he saw that Kin had delivered a decisive blow, Myth couldn't help but be impressed.  Mere seconds ago the boy was helpless, and now he was smacking the beast around as if it were plaything!  Kin made his way back to Myth's side, exerting quite the large sigh.

"T-Thanks for the help there..."

Myth shrugged.  

"It's really all I could think of.  No need to thank me."  

The shimmering slayer had taken out a few gold coins from his pocket, and began to eat them as if it were nothing.  Myth's jaw dropped...the boy was filthy rich!

"Alright...that oughta help. I think it's pretty much about finished...shall we go for that combo again?  No worries...my gold shards are still around to be used with it."

"You sure uh...have quite the expensive diet."  Myth slowly put it's jaw back into place.  Thinking about it further...he wondered if Diamond Dragonslayers would die of hunger.  Snapping out of the thought, Myth put his mind back on the battlefield.  "Lets spice that combo of ours up a bit why don't we?"  Myth shot his hands out to the side, and a funnel appeared, surrounding the two of them in a golden tornado.  Myth then stuck his hand into the rushing winds, his hand tingling from the gold grain that dashed across his palm.  The wind funnel suddenly condensed, becoming smaller and smaller, the focal point being Myth's hand.  When it was done, a small orb of rushing wind mixed with golden sediment was able to fit in the palm of his hand.  

"Time for the spice!"  Myth suddenly shouted, as he threw the ball up in the air, and waited for it to descend.  When it was at fist level, he promptly punched the orb with everything he had.  A giant funnel of gold swirled intensely towards the beast.  

"Gold rush!"  Myth smiled...the name was corny but it was hard to think of these things on the fly.  

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"You sure uh...have quite the expensive diet."

Kin glanced at Myth, seeing his surprised reaction to him eating gold. He shrugged with a slight chuckle, running his hand through his hair. "One of the many perks of being me...of being a Dragon Slayer." he smirked slightly. "You get to eat your element...and I get to eat all the gold I want." It wasn't too much of a big deal for him to even do. He was raised by a Gold Dragon who had a huge hoard of gold and treasure...it wasn't an uncommon occurrence to him.

"Lets spice that combo of ours up a bit why don't we?"

He watched as Myth began to work his magic...literally. He was surprised on the sudden golden tornado that he created before watching it being condensed into a smaller, more compact orb of rushing wind. With a toss and a punch of it, Myth unleashed a giant swirling funnel of gold towards the beast, naming the combo, Gold Rush. It was corny to say the least...but...he liked the way it sounded.

"Not bad. Though...it looks like it's about to keel over." Kin said sternly, getting in a stance before cracking his neck. "Let me give this Gold Rush a bit of a boost!" He inhaled deeply, before smirking.

GOLD DRAGON'S....ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAR!!!!!

Once more, Kin unleashed a golden tornado from his mouth, watching it and Myth's attack slowly merging, doubling in power. However, as Kin did this...he could recall Tosz's words to him...of all times...it had to be now.

"Your training isn't complete...and damnit, I will not have you risking your life!"

Kin's fists began to clench, thinking about these words, before shaking his head. Just you watch old man...I'll show you...I'LL SHOW YOU THAT I CAN DO THIS!!! he thought, his eyes narrowing at the beast, before holding his hands up.

GOLD DRAGON'S....DUST STORM!!!!

The shards of gold that trailed from his roar were immediately picked up by this tornado and launched straight at the two fold power of the two wizards...only colliding and causing it to become three fold. Kin watched, wiping his mouth off, as the efforts of both him and Myth came together against the beast, knocking it back quite a ways away...and definitely doing some hefty damage to it.

"H-Heh...that...oughta do it..."

cqAD2hM.png?1

"Ah...I was late...

This is for the better, perhaps."

Eris dropped the explosives she was going to set up to the ground as she watched the beast they were fighting had finally dropped to the ground. Growling in pain, it tried to force itself towards Myth and Kin, who were close, but they were unfazed by the beast's last throes of resistance and prepared their attack. Myth started it off with a funnel of golden wind that struck the beast directly, immediately followed by Kin's own golden roar, which manifested into a maelstrom of golden - a formidable blow towards the beast's head that was powerful enough to push its entire body back. It seemed that it was clear the face was its weaker points, and the two had utilized it well.

And, that was it. It ended just like that.

The blow was powerful enough to crush the beast's skull on impact, and it was unable to defend itself on time. Bloodied, struck down, the beast had its one remaining eye stare at the two people that managed to fell it, and made an acknowledgement nod before closing off its eyes. There were several seconds of utter silence - dread and anxiety was filling the air at the thought of the beast suddenly returning, or for something else to happen.

But nothing happened. After months of terrorizing the small town, the wicked beast was dead.

Yet, Eris felt like something was wrong. The beast being dead was something she didn't doubt at this point, but something was still feeling amiss. It's as if something else was still lingering in the air. Looking at the survivors of the beast's last attack that were near her, it seemed that they felt the same thing too. A nature spirit, a forest protector should not be this berserk, after all. Weren't their job supposed to be only protecting the forest? These farmlands had been here the whole time too, it's not like the people of the town had been razing the forest left and right. Did something cause it to go berserk?

"You're feeling it too, young mage?" Roland approached her.

"It's not over...right? It can't be over now. There must be something else to this."

"Sadly, I don't think there is anything else for you and your friend to do right now. Two of them are in severe harm too, it would be unwise to leave them untended. We too, need to tend to our wounded.

It would be a little bit until we settle down and recover from this, but rest assured - the payment for you and your friends' deeds would be very generous. What you all have done couldn't really be valued by material gains, but we'll try giving you our best."

Perhaps it was only said to calm Eris down. Both of them was clearly feeling something was amiss with the situation, but as everyone would be too drained from dealing with this further, they decided to not talk about it. Some of the people there, once they recovered from the shock of the fact that the beast was finally dead, went towards Myth and Kin to thank and congratulate them, while the others went towards Tobias and Mary, taking them to safety where first aid could be applied to them. It seemed that their injuries were thankfully not severe enough to be life-threatening, but they lost quite the amount of blood. It was decided that they shouldn't stay on the town for longer due to this, and Roland arranged for a horseless carriage to get the group back to Prunus as fast as possible, after promising that the reward for the quest would be sent later once things settled a bit (this would apparently include some of the beast's body parts, if they so desired). They would reach the city at the break of dawn latest.

Yet in the meantime, somewhere on the woods, watching the entire thing was a pale woman guarded by a black lion-like beast. Perhaps, it was only her that noticed a peculiar light emanating from the fallen beast just as the two mages dealt the finishing blow. As the beast was confirmed as dead, she grabbed a jewel-like device from her pocket, and spoke through it.

"Our assumption about the target is correct, however it had been finished off by members of that guild before we can mobilize safely to hunt it down. It is no doubt a blow to your plan, but it shouldn't affect things too much as long as they are not aware.

Yes. You are right. It is doubtful that they have any capabilities of being a threat now, but watching over them would still be necessary.

Shouldn't eliminate them...? Do you want to see them grow first...or?

Understood, mistress. I'll contact the others about it."

Archived