[Cherry Heart] Hunt the Beast

Maeriberii Haan

N0dTyer.png

It was midday on the small town of Argalia, and activity was still bustling there. People still was active on the streets, shops were still open for customers, and carriages still passed the roads like it was just a normal day. However, if one looked closer, an air of unease and fear enveloped was enveloping the town. The faces of the people were filled with anxiety that they tried their best to hide. It was just like something, a threat, loomed ahead, threatening the peace of their daily lives.

Just south of the town, near the farmlands that composed the outskirts of the town; wooden barricades could be seen separating the town and the wilderness. The fortification, while crude, was quite thick and massive in size, around ten or so meters tall and have several layers with each being 3 meters thick. Despite of that, on several points, it was clear that something managed to demolish parts of those fortifications, and looking at the area nearby, whatever it was managed to continue on and rampaged across the outskirts village. The destruction caused was severe, and there seemed to be no efforts in renovating what had been lost due to it. In fact, there was barely any human around as the nearby villages had seemingly been emptied a while ago. What was left was just several camps a bit far from the barricade, and some activities could be seen on the watchtowers situated around the barricades too. And one of them, was a man around forty in age. He had a toned body, and he seemingly had some combat experience before, but even he still had the expression of anxiety on his face.

“Sir, the people from that one guild has arrived here according to the people at the eastern A4 post.” As the man was busy with his own thoughts, a younger man, seemingly was just a teenager, informed him something that made him rose from his seat on the camp and went outside.

“Well, well…let us see what kind of people that guild sent us this time.” The man was quite prideful, being the chief of security of the town and all, but even he was at loss at dealing with the problem he faced right now. He had requested the assistance of the kingdom’s army and mages to deal with the issue, but the one that heard his and the town’s plea was quite dismissive, saying that it was not something important enough to be a concern for the kingdom’s army. He then posted requests at several mage guilds to deal with it, but so far, only one had confirmed their assistance regarding the issue, and the people of that guild was now coming. Asking the help for mages would usually be below him, but this time he had to swallow his pride.

Fifteen minutes later, the horse-drawn wagon arrived before the camp. The man took a deep breath, before trying to welcome the mages that the guild had sent. As skeptical as he was, perhaps they could be the town’s saving grace?

“Welcome to Argalia, Cherry Heart members. I am Chief Roland, the one heading the defense force against the Beast I mentioned in the quest request. You may all rest now, but please do not hesitate to ask anything you need to know regarding the beast or this place. Or any kind of information that you need to slay it.”

[spoiler=OOC Stuffs]

Some background: The beast here usually attacked three or four days in succession every two week before disappearing somewhere, assumedly to rest even if no one managed to figure out where did it went when they tried to track it. The town itself hadn’t been attacked yet, but they’re sure that once the fortification and the guards failed to drive it off and fell, the beast would rampage uncontrollably across the town for sure.

Right now, just talk with each other and maybe ask NPCs around regarding any kind of information that you need, maybe something about the beast itself. Any questions that you don’t want to ask in IC can be asked to me directly.

This quest is expected to last two nights minimum, IC-wise.

xe4FCZj.png?1

The horse drawn carriage seemed like it was going on forever...and it wasn't a fun time at all...well, not for Kin anyways.

-BGM-

"Uhhh...jeez...I feel like I'm gonna hurl..." Kin groaned, his face turning quite the number of shades varying from pale white to even green...but not at all the normal color of his skin. "Why...why did we have to...uuuhhh...take a carriage..." He leaned against the carriage's chair, groaning the entire way.

As a Dragon Slayer, Kin did indeed develop a small weakness to moving vehicles. Why this suddenly happened and how...Kin couldn't understand. However, he just wanted to hurry up and get off this accursed thing and back on solid ground. Quite frankly, he could only think that this was obviously NOT the best impression he could make for Cherry Heart. Badassedness count from his brawl at the guild had probably gone from 1 back to 0.

Soon he felt the carriage slow down. They apparently had reached their location. Kin began to crawl out from where he sat, holding onto the side of the carriage as he inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to keep his lunch down.

"O-One minute..." Kin huffed slightly, holding his hand up. "G-Gimme a minute..."

As Kin finally got himself composed, he heard this man...apparently the leader of the small town's defenses speak.

“Welcome to Argalia, Cherry Heart members. I am Chief Roland, the one heading the defense force against the Beast I mentioned in the quest request. You may all rest now, but please do not hesitate to ask anything you need to know regarding the beast or this place. Or any kind of information that you need to slay it.”

"Yeah...I got a question!" Kin finally spoke, slamming his fist into his open palm. "Which direction? If you don't have a specific location...point me in the direction of the recent attack sight." He grinned and pointed at his nose. "I might be able to pull up a scent of it's ugly mug!"

A4uywC9.jpg?1

The ride to the village had been quite peaceful.  It would've been even more so, had there resident dragon slayer stopped complaining for more than a second.  Sadly, Myth knew that this was a natural trait of all of his kind of mage...those were a specific point in the legends, and a good tactic to take one down.  Each time Kin had groaned in intense agony, Myth was sure to give him a pat on the back...for comfort's sake. 

They had arrived at a gate, presumably that of the town they were supposed to protect from a savage beast.  Kin stumbled out of the carriage, and immediately started calming breaths.  Myth could only laugh.  The boy harbored such powers, yet he was brought to his knees by a simple mode of transportation.  

Myth nodded in respectful acknowledgement.  He would do his best not to offend the guild's name in any shape or form.  

"Yeah...I got a question!" Kin was the first to voice a question out loud. "Which direction? If you don't have a specific location...point me in the direction of the recent attack sight.  I might be able to pull up a scent of it's ugly mug!"

"So there's more to you than just a hard fist eh?"  Myth grinned.  The dragon slayer's tracking skills would be much needed for this specific task.  

Looking around the town, he couldn't really tell if the place had been ransacked or not.  However, they were under the close inspection of the villagers.  Mages must not have visited this town often.  He was accustomed to strange looks by now though.  He had forgotten that Kin wasn't the only mage that had tagged along on this quest.  In fact, many others had eyed this quest themselves, and three in particular had joined them.  

A more mature looking woman, who was close to a younger boy...mother and son possibly.  Myth had eyed them enviously...wondering what that relationship could possibly be like.  The other was another woman.  This one came with a large set of wings, however, making her easy to spot wherever she went.  They all three seemed like highly capable mages, and Myth was excited to see what they could all do.  

Now was the time to start the quest, all they needed was a little info about the beast, and where it might be hiding.  

For the majority of the carriage ride, Mary and Tobias sat in silence. It was the occasional groaning from one of the competitors from the day before, however, that kept the ride at least a bit interesting.

"Mum?"

"Yes honey?"

"Are we there yet?" Tobias turned to his mother who just stared back at him and rolled her eyes, before turning away to look out the window. "Mum?! I'm just kidding, you know. What I really what to know is... Uhh... Did I force you into this?"

"Well..." The mother began, attempting to find the right words to think. "Yes, buuuut I'm okay with doing this. Especially if you want your first adventure to be a memorable one." She turned back to her son and smiled. "You know I'd do anything for you, honey."

x393wz.jpg

As everyone got off their transport, the group was greeted by a manly-looking man. “Welcome to Argalia, Cherry Heart members. I am Chief Roland, the one heading the defense force against the Beast I mentioned in the quest request. You may all rest now, but please do not hesitate to ask anything you need to know regarding the beast or this place. Or any kind of information that you need to slay it.”

"Yeah...I got a question! Which direction? If you don't have a specific location...point me in the direction of the recent attack sight. I might be able to pull up a scent of it's ugly mug!" The boy who was trying his absolute hardest not to puke everywhere minutes ago was suddenly up and ready for action. His buddy made a witty comment, but before any more could be said, Mary placed her hands on the boy's shoulders.

"As great of a question as that may be, you should sit down for a few minutes. Believe me, I've been a proud mother for seventeen years now, and I know when someone like you should just cool down for a moment. My son is just like you."

"Yeah, bro," Tobias began, "Just chill." He then turned to the man briefing them. "Hey, nice to meet you. Before we get to where that thing might be, I think it might be better if we know what it is, or at least what it looks like. No point looking for something if we can't identify it."

cqAD2hM.png?1

Eris looked outside of the carriage's window with a disinterested look. It had been...what, a century since she last rode one? It wasn't pleasant, to say the least. Someone like her wasn't born to ride something like this. Of course not. Being a part of the fabled Outer Border Patrol Joint Detachment that she was, the wings of her kingdom, she was made to soar the sky. Not to be crammed in this man-made vehicle. Locked with someone that might put his load from his stomach into everyone else on the wagon, it'd be somewhat annoying to clean. Not as bad as if it's his stomach that was splattered instead of vomit, but still would be annoying. It's not really something she really had any interest to think about, so she chose to stick at looking outside to think more about the best way to improve her guns, or alternatively, her times back while she was still home. Cold at it was, perhaps she should try revisiting Valais once more. Once her king approved of that, of course. For now what's important would be to do well in this guild just like a prideful soldier would.

Thankfully for her, the trip didn't last that much longer, and by midday the group had already arrived at what looked like the quest's location. A barren land, a series of barricades, and a camp. Been a while since she saw those things. Not necessarily a good thing to remember, but nevertheless, that didn't look too bad. Gold chose to go out of the wagon as soon as possible, possibly to vomit somewhere, Chest followed suit and helped his lover, and Ma and Boy followed them after some talk. It seemed like there was the chief of the place over there. The others were asking questions to him, but Eris still sat there in silence as she watched them with a blank look. Her mind seemingly had wandered off into somewhere else.

iU8EggM.png

"Which direction? If you don't have a specific location...point me in the direction of the recent attack sight."

"The last location was not actually that far away from here, just around that blockade over there. It smashed through it without problems, and almost rampaged through this very camp, but we managed to drive it off for the night, at quite a price though. I doubt we could afford to do that again."

The people the guild sent was quite young...unconvincingly so even, except for the mother and whoever the fifth person that chose to stay at the wagon for now. The excitement of the golden-haired boy who just had carsickness somewhat irked Roland, but he chose not to comment about it in any way. They might as well be the town's last resort to repel the beast once and for all, so let's just see what they're capable of.

"I might be able to pull up a scent of it's ugly mug!"

"If you plan to have us assemble a hunting party and ambush it while it's resting, it would be of no use. We had tried it before, and it did not work due to its nature. It's quite...uncharacteristic of a hunting mission, so perhaps the description we put on the request was somewhat misleading. However, we do plan to try trapping it here, and kill it. With your help, of course."

"Hey, nice to meet you. Before we get to where that thing might be, I think it might be better if we know what it is, or at least what it looks like. No point looking for something if we can't identify it." The boy that seemed to be the son of the motherly one finally asked Roland a question.

"Right, let me get the picture first."

Roland took his time to grab a scroll from his backpack, and opened it before everyone, so they could see what kind of beast would they face in the mission. He was somewhat worried that it might deter potential helpers from assisting the town, so Roland chose to only say anything regarding the monster once said help was already right there.

LWvzM0l.png?1

"This is the demon boar that terrorized our town. An eight-meter tall behemoth with earth-cracking strength, Varasha, that was what local legend called it. We thought that it was only a legend, until six months ago when it suddenly appeared one night and razed almost the entire countryside of the town in a series of rampage. It was said that it was the manifestation of the forest's wrath, a spirit given physical form so to be said. Conventional weaponry worked with it, even if it's quite resistant to them. However, even though we managed to wound it enough to drive off, it would come back fully healed the next time it appeared, washing our efforts away. Even tracking it did not work at all, as even if we tried to follow the trail of its destruction across the forest, it would just lead to a dead end. It was as if, the beast disappeared into thin air."

Roland took a deep breath after his long description of the monster. No matter how battle hardened he was, that monster was still something that awakened the deep primal fear within him. With how eager these mages were, hopefully they would still take the offer. Otherwise, it would be-

"Now, I think I have a question." The last person of the group stepped down from the wagon. It was a tall woman with large black wings on her back, although Roland couldn't really read anything from the gaze that she gave to him. Was that gaze even aimed at him?

"How do you know about where and when it will attack then? We know what the enemy is now, but without knowing about how they would probably approach us, it would just make everything meaningless."

"Actually, we do have an idea about the timing of its attacks. It attacks at least once every two weeks, and mostly three or four consecutive days in a row during the same interval. Its arrival would be signaled by the birds of the forest leaving the place as fast as they could - as if they sensed a disaster was coming. And you all happened to come at the right time. It would definitely attack again tonight.

But...we have no way of knowing where it would attack from. We know it would attack from the forest, but we had no idea where exactly it would probably appear."

"Then...wouldn't it be impossible, by definition, to trap it? It's one step ahead of us. We're in the dark of where it would attack next. That's just going to get more people slaughtered." The winged woman sounded more irritated.

"We're not psychics, miss. You're asking for something impossible."

"I swear, for the-

ugh, nevermind." Saying that, it was clear that the girl was still quite frustrated however. Roland had no idea about what was going about with her, but he decided to skip that for now, and continue addressing the important things.

"So, we roughly have 8 hours before the next attack. I expect you to rest, but when you're able to, or even if you want to do it now, we would need to discuss a plan.

That is, if you had any plans aside from hitting it the hardest you could until it die."

[spoiler=OOC]

So, try figuring out a way to approach the upcoming battle with the information you have now, or you can have your character rest up for now and do that later. Asking new information in IC or OOC can be done, but Roland's knowledge would of course be limited, and I'll be pretty stingy to details.

Anything goes here. As long as it's plausible, of course. Around two rounds of posting from now, or whenever we get the conversation regarding the plan finishes if it does take a long time, I'll move things to the battle. Of course, either way, I'll do it around Wednesday or Thursday next week latest.

Good luck!

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

Kin would only smirk as Myth said what he said. Apparently both him and Myth were on the same page. This quest might even be more fun than he th-

"As great of a question as that may be, you should sit down for a few minutes. Believe me, I've been a proud mother for seventeen years now, and I know when someone like you should just cool down for a moment. My son is just like you."

Annnnnd the moment was killed. Kin looked as Mary placed her hand on his shoulder and said this, as he rolled his eyes. "Tch..." he grumbled, pulling his shoulder away from Mary's hand. Jeez, sounding awfully a lot like Tosz... he thought, shoving his hands into his pockets.

However, he perked back up when he saw the image of the beast that Roland showed. A huge grin appeared across his face, before he rubbed his hands together. "Well...looks like quite the beast. I think I'll definitely have fun beating this pig for y'all!" About this time Roland would be mentioning to them a plan of what would happen, but Kin was too focused on the image of the beast and beating the living hell out of it when he saw it.

Kin moved and looked at Myth, before hooking an arm around the red haired Wizard's neck, walking off with him. "Alright, here's what I got." he grinned, saying it loudly so everyone could here. "I get the scent off this beast and we go hunting. Intercept this pig before he gets back here and do more damage." he said, before stopping to walk back around, swinging Myth along with him. "Unless any of you got something. ...Ooooother than sitting down for a few moments." Kin said, his eyes rolling towards Mary.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

The beast that they were hunting looked rather fearsome, regarding it's depiction on the scroll.  It wouldn't be wise to just tackle this thing head on...it was never a wise idea to underestimate nature.

"Alright, here's what I got.  I get the scent off this beast and we go hunting. Intercept this pig before he gets back here and do more damage.  Unless any of you got something. ...Ooooother than sitting down for a few moments."

The dragon slayer was hot headed...a good quality trait, but it wasn't needed at the moment.  Myth dusted Kin's hand off his shoulder before grunting his concerns for the plan.  

"Although I don't disagree, friend, I still think that the group should decide together on what we should do."  He put out his hands as if balancing out the ideas.  "Either we rest, form a plan, and go in full throttle on the morrow, or we charge headfirst into whatever danger we know not of."  He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, nodding that this would take the conversation in a more positive direction.  "If we're going to be in this guild together, then we should all get a good feel for each other, and their abilities.  If we get on the wrong foot, things could get disastrous.  We wouldn't want to cause Cherry Heart any trouble now."

He sighed as he put his hand on Kin's shoulder.

"As for me...I vote that we ought to cool it for the day.  We just got here...might as well do some sight seeing and info gathering."  

cqAD2hM.png?1

"As for me...I vote that we ought to cool it for the day.  We just got here...might as well do some sight seeing and info gathering." 

"That shouldn't be a problem, of course.

Although...I don't think I can support the idea of tracking the monster down and dealing with it outside of the blockade. A big issue I see with that idea is how, as I think Roland had mentioned, the beast just come and goes from anywhere it likes on the forest. The risk of following a false lead and promptly leaving this place unguarded is too big.

I guess if you want to still do it, it's up to you. You're not under my command or anything so I can't really evict you for this, but I'll stay here, one way or another."

While the trip had left Eris' mood to be dampened somewhat, her tone right now was quite grim especially when compared to her usual bright or at least detached tone. Perhaps it was something about this place, but alternatively it could be something else altogether. She stared at Kin for a bit, before turning her gaze to Myth, Tobias and Mary, and then to Roland, before shaking her head a bit.

"Personally, since everyone's really sure it's going to attack this place tonight, maybe it's best to just face it head on and have this place be its graveyard.

More information would be nice, but I'm not sure what I'd ask for now. I guess I'll lie down here and rest until tonight.

I'd still be up to talk about any suggestions for tackling this beasts, but I just won't leave the barricades for a wild goose chase."

With the Cherry Heart mages still being quite tired from their trip into the town, the strategy talk ceased and the group chose to spend their time relaxing separately. The camp they were in had kindly provided them with a variety of foods and their own tents, and several activities of leisure was available there. After some of them took a quick nap and the sun started to sink on the horizon, the people on the camp lit up a bonfire, and some started to play some music around it, while some others danced to the tune. Roland watched the commotion and festivities from the sidelines. Letting his men do this while the threat of an attack from the beast was imminent might not necessarily a good decision, but he knew that they needed it after weeks and months of being on the edge due to the monster. With the mages finally here, perhaps there was hope in vanquishing the monster once and for all.

It was midnight. The bonfire was still lit, and some people still surrounded it while others had returned to their posts to monitor the potential attack from the boar that night. The night had been silent for close to an hour. In the meantime, Roland solemnly accompanied the mages, with a radio stationed nearby. The "plan" for that night was, if it could really be called a plan, once a post had noticed the movement of the boar, they'd communicate through the radio, and the mages would be delivered to that post so they could handle it. If they could notice it early, perhaps it's even possible to bring the mages there before the boar-

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

An unintelligible roar broke the silence, following by the voice of people and horses panicking. Attacking the place again, especially after it had just attacked there recently, was unexpected, and right now it caught the people on the camp by surprise. Trying his best to keep calm, Roland grabbed his comm. radio device to establish contact with the others and start mobilizing the people there, but that act was interrupted by a broken piece of sharpened log piercing the tent he was in, narrowly missing anyone that was inside. The man sighed at the realization that danger was very close, and turned towards the mages that were currently on the tent.

"That beast, Varasha is here.

It is perhaps the right time for you to show your worth of being a mage."

cqAD2hM.png?1

"Thank you for your assistance-"

"Don't mention it."

With her wings being quite the bother for these kind of tents, Eris had opted to stay outside and chose to spend her time checking her guns and helping others whenever she could just so she had something to do. She was still unsure about what to think regarding this quest and the beast they supposed to face here, but at the very least, she appreciated what the men here, who were mostly volunteers, had done to counteract the beast so far. They were still hopelessly not a match against such thing without magic backing them up, but the fact that they had managed to scare away the beast for months was quite impressive. Granted, it came at the cost of a lot of lost lives and resources, but the fact that they still held on against such odd in itself was impressive. She was still somewhat uncomfortable being around them, but they were pretty kind to her and her guildmates so far, so she opted to be somewhat more open herself to be polite.

"Say, why did this area in particular has fortifications that looked like a rush job?"

"One of the last attacks was on this place. The beast always managed to breach these fortifications anyway, so in the end we figured out that we might just need to use simpler designs on this."

"If the fortification's useless, then why having them in the first place?"

"Because the beast would still be hurt passing through it usually, and when injured, it could be scared off more easily."

With a soldier she just assisted in distributing logistics to the watchposts, Eris talked about the fortifications that the two of them were seeing right now while they filled in for patrol duties. It had been an hour since the patrol properly started, and the beast could attack at any time. With the way the information network here had been set up, and how they had been doing this for a while though, Eris felt that the beast wouldn't just suddenly-

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

Eris was not even capable of reacting to the unintelligible roar. The only thing that was on her mind was the sudden, flying broken debris from the barricade she had just oversaw earlier. She managed to got herself and the soldier that was with her down to the ground to avoid the dangerous shards of logs. Once she was sure that it was safe to turn around, Eris stood up to see the beast that Roland had described and gave the picture of earlier before her own two eyes. It was hard not to be impressed and pressured when seeing it before one's own eyes. Before the ruined hole of the barricade and towers it had just demolished, the boar towered over anything living nearby, standing proudly with its golden tusks as if it was the king of the place. Its eyes were reddened with rage - rage that it soon showcased by pulling out the half-done logs on the barricade and throwing them around with its jaws, some even visibly landing on the camp. Right now, it was seemingly content by tearing apart the people's attempt on defending themselves right back at them.

Regaining her composure after the brief moment of shock, Eris focused her attention on the monster, and started to take aim.

[spoiler=OOC Informations]

Varasha's HP: 250/250

So, the beast is here now. You are free to have your characters be anywhere during when the attack started, but being with Roland would be preferable. Right now, it's focusing on throwing large splinters of woods anywhere it liked, so make sure to avoid getting hit by those, and go attack the bull.

Preliminary infos about it:

-Not really that agile, but when it charges forward, it's really fast and almost unstoppable, although it'd be prone to getting hurt by doing it.

-Can send shockwaves through the ground by stomping on it really hard. If it wanted to, it could even make fissures on the ground so people would fall off.

-Not immune to weapons, just really durable. However, attacking it from close range could trigger its defense mechanism, which will stay hidden for now.

-The people had managed to scare it off somehow times and times again before. They're too busy panicking and being surprised to use the method, but maybe it could help you out?

-Doesn't actually have a good eyesight, but can somehow sense the presence of others. Be careful about this.

But yeah, that's the details of this encounter right now. Have fun fighting! I'll reply with the beast as much as I could if possible to keep the tempo going.

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"Although I don't disagree, friend, I still think that the group should decide together on what we should do. Either we rest, form a plan, and go in full throttle on the morrow, or we charge headfirst into whatever danger we know not of."

Kin sighed heavily, rolling his eyes as he ended up crossing his arms slightly. "Tch...fine. Not like I have much of a choice at this moment, seeing as it's four against one." he grumbled with a slight shrug.

He honestly didn't like this whole idea of waiting for it to come to them...he wanted to hit it now and hit it hard. Then again, these other wizards probably had the right idea. So he decided to use this time of relaxation separately from the others. He chomped away on a few gold coins as he mentally prepared himself for the battle against this giant pig.

Alright Kin, this shouldn't be a problem. he thought, gulping down the remnants of the shattered gold shards in his mouth. You basically have survived hits and hits coming from a dragon...and those hits Tosz gave you were hard. This pig shouldn't be any different...

The arrogant Dragon Slayer could only smirk as the time would end up drawing near to his fateful encounter with this beast. He knew that this group would win because of two variables currently: himself and his Dragon Slayer magic...and the man Myth. It was obvious that he found himself a hell of a rival in that guy with his magic. And put them both together...they had it in the bag.

x393wz.jpg

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

It was finally heard through the quietness of the midnight air. Kin sprung to his feet, grinning from ear to ear as he slammed his fist into his hand. "Perfect. It's finally here..." he said. "Time to send it packing for good!"

x393wz.jpg

BGM

"GOLD DRAGON'S....ROOOOOOOAAAAAAR!!!"

Suddenly a large golden tornado sprung straight from the tent that house Kin. Thankfully, everyone had steered clear from it, so no one was immediately struck down by the sheer force of this. The golden attack struck at the beast, probably knocking it back some as Kin's was seen standing firm where his tent once stood.

"Bout time you showed your ugly mug." Kin wiped his mouth slightly, smirking. The Dragon Slayer was about to rush towards the beast, but only watched as it launched huge splinters of wood towards the camp. "Now that isn't fair...you brought toys to play with...and I didn't even bring anything!" he laughed, only smirking widely as both his fists shined with a gold tint. Kin rushed towards the splinters that were aimed towards him.

"Everybody else better get down!!" Kin shouted, leaping into the air. "Gold Dragon's...SHINING FIST!!!" he shouted as his golden fists collided with the splinter shards and began to shatter them, punching through them with ease.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

The group had decided to wait for the beast...simply to take it head on if it were to strike the town again.  Myth was much more in tune with this plan...waiting to strike was their best, and mostly their only, option.  

Myth had stuck to the tent, along with the others.  It would be good to be close to the action once everything got started.  Myth started stretching when nighttime came rolling by.  He made sure his arms and core were ready for what he was planning.  

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

The shout was deafening...unearthly even.  

"That beast, Varasha is here.

It is perhaps the right time for you to show your worth of being a mage."

"Worth as a mage huh?"  Myth said rolling his neck.  It cracked a few times as he walked forward, exiting the tent only to be met with the gaze of a ferocious beast.  "You looked scarier in the painting chump..."  As the beast started ripping the barricade to shreds, as if it were some sort of plaything it had grown weary of, Myth did his best to avoid all of the shrapnel heading his way.  A large wooden thorn dug into his forearm and he winced.  "Wind Wall!"  A gust of wind started to swirl around Myth.  Every piece of splintered wood that came his way was instead sucked into the twisting his pressure vortex.  He then shot the wooden splinters back at the beast.  They visibly bounced off...they werent sharp or thick enough to pierce it's hide.  "Well...aren't you a durable one."  

That sounded familiar!  A large bolt of golden energy was shot at the Beast, and it was pushed back...but only slightly.  The beast had shaken off one of the most powerful magics he had ever faced...this certainly wouldn't be your average and easy hunting trip.  The beast snorted, and Myth looked it directly in the eyes.  It charged him, golden tusks aglow with rage.  Myth stuck his hands out and grinned.  He braced himself for the worst.  The beast charged him...it's speed was incredible.  Myth was only able to catch one of it's tusks with his hands, and he was being pushed back almost as fast as the beast had been charging at him.  His muscles strained, as he tried to force the beast back with his own sheer will.  

His feet started to hurt, as the ground he was tearing up underneath his feet was starting to increase in friction.  He stuck out one hand behind him, and a funnel of wind started to emanate from it.  Hopefully, with enough force, he would be able to halt the beasts progress further into town.  

HTTXBdB.jpg

Mary and Toby followed along with their allies, staying silent. As Tobias walked towards their camp, he thought more about the beast that they were shown just moments ago, and smiled. It was gonna be fun smashing this thing's face in!

x393wz.jpg

"▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅!"

After waiting around a bit more with their buddies, the time had finally come, easily indicated by the almost deafening roar.

Tobias eagerly stood up inside the tent, but before he could move, the group's cover was blown off by one of their ally's attacks. Mary stood up alongside him, and after nodding at each other, they stepped out to meet the beast.

"Ugh, I've never seen anything so hideous!" Tobias immediately stated, a disgusted look on his face.

"It's incredible. Honey, should we do our moves? It seems like the others have already started."

"Sure- LOOK OUT!" Tobias pointed at a brown object in the sky, heading straight for he and his mother. Without time to move, Mary stared at it with an utmost intensity, and meters away from her, it slowed down rapidly, then dropped in place.

"That's one big splinter!" Toby said sarcastically, before picking it up and shoving it into his gigantic gob. Eating something such as this was positively unnatural, but Mary watched nonplussed as he did so, then turned back to the beast as her son finished off swallowing the spiked wood.

Tobias' skin started to poke up in many places, gaining a rough, pointy texture, then turned as hard as the wood he swallowed. There work was nowhere near done, because as Toby looked back for the beast, he was shocked to see it wasn't in the same position. His body did a full 180 turn, and only then did he see the beast once more, attempting to obliterate the red-haired man latched onto its tusk.

"Go, red-haired boy! Rock this beast's socks off!" Mary ran up to the beast, being careful not to get too close, then began too cheer on her companion. "This guy's got nothing on you, GO!!!" While at first it sounded like random words of encouragement, this was Mary's other special ability, one that powered up a friendly target for a short while, gifting them a large amount of strength and speed.

"Mum, get back from there! That thing's dangerous!" The teen dashed over to his mother and pulled her away from the beast, then jumped towards its massive leg, and with his newly spiked body, stuck to it. He slowly began to climb up its back leg, slamming his thick spiked skin into it each time he moved higher.

The golden whirlwind hit the beast squarely, pushing it back by a bit while devastating what was left of its surrounding. Anyone there that hadn't been killed when the beast appeared probably would've perished by then. But the beast itself endured the hit. It was clear that the attack managed to hurt it by a little, but all that it did was making the beast temporarily stop - not understanding the source of this new attack. Of course, once it noticed the golden-haired boy that came straight at his direction, it immediately decided to barrage that boy with as much of the splinters left around it. But soon the boy managed to leap into the air, and punched through the barrage with ease, breaking through and scattering them so his allies could pass through. Meanwhile the beast couldn't even notice the splinters that another boy shot back at it, as they didn't even manage to touch its skin. Although, soon the beast noticed the presence of the red-haired boy, and without any shards left to fire, it went on forward with a straight charge.

And it was stopped.

The beast, which had laid waste to villages without much effort, was stopped by one hand by the red-headed boy. Momentum made the boy got pushed backwards by tens or so meters after the immediate contact, but the boy managed to barely hold the beast back now. Both of them refused to budge. The boy attempted to push it back with his sheer willpower, and the beast persistently resisted his effort. The ground below the boy cracked, and the boy was reaching his limit, but just as the beast would've managed to overpower him, he utilized wind magic to strengthen himself and give him the push he needed. And it seemed that he also managed to obtain another power up - the mother and son duo had arrived on the scene. The mother gave the redhead a boost in strength, while the boy changed into a spiky form and started to scale the beast from behind, attempting to hurt him from up close.

The beast roared in pain.

Right before the boy that pushed him back from his tusk, it roared. In a sudden frenzy, instead of pushing, it took back some of the force it used to be locked into a standstill by the boy, and shook its head while the boy was still holding its golden tusk. The pain didn't stop as the spiky boy continued to climb it, and the beast, that couldn't understood the source of its pain yet, stomped around wildly, rampaging at the nearby area without thought. Every time its feet stomped the ground in its rage, the ground shook like an earthquake was happening and fissures formed on the ground, threatening to trap and swallow anyone caught in its path.

cqAD2hM.png?1

"It's hard to take aim at it at this rate..."

Eris appreciated his allies' attempt to prevent the beast from continuing its rampage, but right now, as she desperately attempted to aim at a potential vulnerable spot using her rifle, the fact that the beast was stomping around madly helped her little. She lacked enough explosives to try defeating it with brute force. Earlier, her attempt of bombarding the beast's legs were met with disappointment as none of her shots managed to pierce through those legs, and the fur was also really resistant to projectiles as shown by how much the shards did to it.

"...I need to take a shot, sooner or later. A proud soldier of Caeth shouldn't hesitate.

This is it."

The round has been loaded. She managed to get a clear view of the beast's head. Taking a deep breath, Eris pinpointed her target using the scope in her rifle, and pulled the trigger.

"sheet!"

The round missed its original target that was the beast's eye, but just as it grazed the nearby area, the heat from being fired forced the explosive round to go off, damaging its eye. Eris sighed before filling her rifle with another one of such explosives. The damage was minimal, and she would've liked it if she could land a direct hit to the beast's eye so she could explode it right inside of the beast's head, but damaging its eye could only mean good thing when facing something like this, right? She could still try aiming there again after all. And it's the beast's seemingly only open spot right now, probably. So Eris prepared her aim once more-

-only to see something coming straight at her direction right from her scope. At the nick of time, she managed to jump before what looked like a gigantic hedgehog quill could impale her. She couldn't manage to keep her rifle however, and it was destroyed by the attack alongside the tree she was stationed in.

"This is bad..."

The beast, now blinded in one eye, roared in a greater intensity than before as it started to attempt hitting anything nearby with its quills. Looking like sharp, flexible dark tendrils, they pierced through the ground or anything in contact with it with ease. The golden boy, the mother, the wild red boy, and the bird, none was spared from being targeted by the half-blind and pained beast's rampage. The itch on its behind continued however, and maddened by the pain, it charged to a nearby blockade that was still standing, and rubbed itself on those, aiming to remove the itch no matter what. If the boy was still there, or if the boy did not manage to get out from the beast's behind on time, he would be ground against the sharp stakes that composed the barricade.

[spoiler=OOC stuff]

Varasha's HP: 220/250

The beast is pretty pissed right now, but is pretty busied by Tobias sticking on its behind. The longer he stuck there, the more our boar will try more and more extreme methods to remove him.

The quills are pretty much retractable appendages. Slow to fire, but really fast once it actually got fired, and unless our boar fired it wildly, it couldn't fire too much at once. It is its fur turned into a weapon, basically.

Oh right, you're free to control the beast a little in your posts like with Hyde, but major actions would need my approval.

The battle's really has only just begun, so have fun!

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

Kin was thoroughly impressed with how these wizards were handling themselves against a monster like this, but they were getting absolutely no where yet. Especially with the now hedgehog quills appearing on it's back. They needed to do something soon.

C'mon Kin...think!! the Dragon Slayer thought, before realizing the ground was slightly shining. Even with all the small fissures happening, he saw that his gold shards were still visible. That's it! And it'll get a boost, especially if HE helps! he smirked, about to say something, but figured that this wasn't the best time for just idle chat.

"Hey Wind Bag!!" Kin shouted to Myth, his fists shining brightly, rushing towards where Myth stood. "Lemme give you a hand! GOLD DRAGON'S SHINING FIST!!" he yelled as his golden fists collided with the beast's face, before he unleashed a barrage of punches to knock the beast back a ways from it's desired target.

Kin then jumped back and smirked, walking near Myth. "Got a plan. Follow my lead...and put that Wind Magic to use!" he said, before beginning to swing his hands towards the beast.

"GOLD DRAGON'S....DUST STORM!!!!"

From the swing of his hands, Kin summoned forth a golden tornado of dust, knocking and buffering the beast quite a bit. "Oi! Wind Bag! That's your cue!!"

A4uywC9.jpg?1

He had managed to deter the beasts rage with his own physical strength.  If he hadn't had been helped by that older woman...he might've been really proud of himself.  However, now wasn't the time for self doubt.  He had hung on to the beasts tusk for dear life, as it shook in pain from an attack that supposedly damaged one of it's eyes beyond repair.  It must've been that winged girl...for no other around was able to use such explosive magic.  As the beast unleashed a new attack, black thorns seeming to move with a mind of their own, Myth had to dodge and weave to keep his appendages attached to his being.

"Tricky..." he smirked.  Of course this wouldn't be a simple cake walk.  

"Hey Wind Bag!!  Lemme give you a hand! GOLD DRAGON'S SHINING FIST!!"

The statement made him perk up.  WIND BAG?!  His hair stood on end on every inch of his body.  The dragon slayer arrived, dealing a vast amount of furious blows directly at the beasts face.  It was pushed back, but now would be the time to do some major damage while it was on staggered footing.  

"Got a plan. Follow my lead...and put that Wind Magic to use!"

"GOLD DRAGON'S....DUST STORM!!!!"

A wild tornado of gold dust surrounded the beast, buffeting the boarish brute.  

"Oi! Wind Bag! That's your cue!!"

His teeth gritted against each other.  

"My cue eh?!  I'll show you my cue you glittery fool! 

WIND SLICER"

Myth whipped up his own wind magic around himself.  As he whipped both hands back and forth, he released high pressure waves of sharp wind through the dusty tornado.  As they broke through the twister, they were covered in the dust particles as well, granting them a little of the dragon slayer's power.  

As the giant boar was still occupied by the sudden itch, the golden boy had suddenly appeared before it and pummeled its face. It was one of the less protected parts of it, but it seemed that it was quite resistant in itself, as the blows only managed to push the beast backwards into the half-ruined barricade. The itch was gone, at least, so the boar immediately focused its attention on its attacker, raining him down with quills. But it seemed that the golden boy had managed to dodge them.

And the redhead soon joined him. The beast was readying itself to take another charge forward, but the golden boy summoned a golden whirlwind that managed to stagger it temporarily in surprise. It was then followed by the redhead launching a series of razor-sharp wind attacks that tore through the golden whirlwind right towards the beast. It was even encased with the energy from the golden spin, and those attacks managed to hit the beast squarely in the face, creating clear vertical slash wounds that promptly bleed lightly. It wasn't deep by any means, but the beast roared in pain once more, and went ahead on a wild charge forward, intending to trample the two that dared to wound it like that. It had been a while since a human managed to do this to it.

Half-blind and wounded, but still clearly going strong, the beast continued its assault. Its quill-like furs now acted more like dark tentacles fired at high speed, seeking any sort of heat sources nearby. The beast itself still continued to chase the two of its targets, madly charging forward without much thoughts, while its furs continued to chase and threaten to impale anything that stood in its path.

[spoiler=OOC things]

Varasha: 180/250

The head is, for now, not as protected since it didn't have as much fur. It can't really effectively see anything atm, but it can hunt people down with its tentacle-like furs guiding it. Not much really happening atm aside from the boar being more mad and not distracted by any itches. The furs won't stop chasing you once one locked its target, but...

Muddy, just assume that Tobias doesn't get ground when the boar violently rubs its behind.

HTTXBdB.jpg

At first it was a bit hard for Tobias to tell if he was making an impact on the fight, but as he continued to scale the mighty beast to began throwing its body around, releasing various loud grunts as it rampaged. Continuing to climb, Toby felt the force of powerful attacks being applied to the beast's front, and just as his head poked over the top of the large fur, covered back of the monster, he watched as the monster's behind rubbed coarsely against a set of spikes. Now standing atop the beast, Tobias watched as his allied continued an unrelenting assault of the beast, sending it flying backwards. Now unable to detach himself from the body of his foe, Toby panicked as the monster got pushed even further backwards, slamming him harshly into a barrier. The wall collapsed, the boy within the rubble it created. As the beast charged off, Toby's skin retraced back into its human form, doing so automatically as the boy was unconscious.

x393wz.jpg

Mary watched as her new ally successfully push back the beast with her help, as well as the assistance of the gold magic of the other boy. The team was delivering what the mother thought would have to be a fatal assault on the beast, but it clearly showed it wasn't down when its fur began firing at everyone, their dark, sharp edges ready to pierce anything and everything around them. Mary began to move, not only to dodge the quills firing at her, but to escape the now charging beast, which was headed straight for her.

She set up her invisible shield, the force field that prevented the sharp-as-daggers fur from touching her, forcing them to the ground, and began sprinting. Before long she was quite a distance away from the beast, far enough to be safe for the moment, but as she began to slow down a ear-piercing sound ruptured her head.

"A̷͘͜A̧̢͢͠A̵̢A̸͟͡͝͞A̴̢̕͜͠A̧̨̧͝Ą҉A̸̵̡͘͝U̶͞҉̢U͜͡͠Ư͢Ų́͠͡U̵̸̧ÙG̴̵̡̀͠Ǵ̶Ģ̶̨͡G̶̴҉H̴͘͜͜H̨̀̕͡͠H̵͘H͏҉!͟͠!̕͝͠!̢̨͘!͢͡͞҉͝"

Mary had never heard this sound before, but it was obviously coming from the only person able to telepathically communicate with her. Her son. She collapsed to one knee as the sound continued, and before long was completely helpless, the noise having a drastic effect on her force field, causing it to collapse, and for a lone quill to find its way into Mary's leg.

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"My cue eh?!  I'll show you my cue you glittery fool! WIND SLICER"

Kin grinned, seeing Myth released a high pressures of sharp winds through his gold tornado, watching it increase it's power. Just as he thought, the their magic could be used to compliment each other nicely...somewhat but that was beside the point. Kin took note to always find a way to be on a mission with this guy...besides, it seemed like he got under the guy's skin with his 'Wind Bag' comment...score one for the Dragon Slayer.

Now the work was being finished. The boar took the full force of the two magic abilities and head on as well. It wasn't difficult to see and hear that they had wounded it pretty good right now. However...there was a predicament that occurred that Kin didn't exactly foresee right now: it running directly at him and Myth.

Damnit... Kin thought, before seeing the boar's hedgehog-like tendrils striking at almost everything. Like heat-seeking missiles. Kin cursed under his breath as he wished they had a huge source of fire at this present time to stop the quills.

There was only one option right now...

"Oi!! Over here, idiot!!" Kin whistled, seeing the boar still directing his rush towards him and Myth. On instinct, he ran to his left, leading the boar away from everyone else. "GOLD DRAGON'S....ROOOOOOAR!!!!" he yelled, shooting a golden tornado onto the ground in front of him, only causing him to be airborne, launched over the boar.

"GOLD DRAGON'S...SCALES!!"

As Kin was airborne over the boar, his skin suddenly turned scale like and a pure gold state. This of course, caused his body to become heavier...perfect. Now the airborne Dragon Slayer began to fall at an alarming rate right towards the boar's back. When landed, this would no doubt, cause the boar to not be too mobile.

A4uywC9.jpg?1

They had laid some heavy hits on the beast, but their other comrades on this quest had taken heavy hits themselves.  Mary and Tobias were both in critical conditions.  Myth knew that he had to get them someplace safe, but the beast was looking right at them.  Blind fury painted it's eyes, and anger could be seen in the fiery flashes.  

When the beast charged, Myth looked to Kin...the dragonslayer looked like he had a plan.  

"Oi!! Over here, idiot!!"

A diversion?  A good tactic against a mindless creature!  Myth nodded towards the dragonslayer, as he dashed in the opposite direction with all him speed.  He had to rush over to the other two.  Making sure to dodge the spiny tendrils the boar possessed as best he could, a few hits managed to slice his skin, mostly around his arm and shoulder.  Mary was the first one he reached.  As he approached her he knelt beside her.  The wound looked like it hurt something fierce.  

"We're going to have to take this out..."  Placing one hand on her leg, and another on the spine, Myth used a little strength to dislodge the foreign object.  He then ripped a small portion of her bottom clothing away, and wrapped it around her wound tightly.  "Sorry...it's the only thing I could think to use."  He looked away, thinking that he could've used his own clothes.  He picked her up, and ran her over to Tobias, who was still stuck in the wall that the beast had rammed him into.  He managed to pry the boy away from the adolescent sized crated he had created, and laid him down next to his mother.  "Tend to him, and be safe!  We'll take care of all of this."  Myth darted back off, back into battle.  He looked for the girl with wings, and as he spotted her, he gave her a thumbs up, as if to say "Keep up the good work".  

By this time now, Kin was preparing to land an attack from above the boar.  Myth's teeth gritted.  If only he could use that power...this would've been all but done by now.  

cqAD2hM.png?1

The battle wasn't really going well at all. The beast continued to wreak havoc around the area with its quills raining down like destructive arrows while the mages continued to battle against it. One of the mages latched into the beast, but the beast managed to shake him off, and he was now seemingly unconscious. His mother, sensing her son's plea, rushed towards him, but she was too, caught by the beast's attack, although she managed to avoid the worst of it. The beast itself was busy chasing the boy with the golden hair, who seemingly used the moment to distract the beast away from the wounded, while the redheaded man helped them.

And in the middle of all of this, Eris didn't do anything.

"Keep up the good work".

What kind of work did she even do? Myth earlier praised her for something, but so far, she hadn't even done anything meaningful. She was pretty much just there, standing in the distance away from the battle itself. Her excuse would be that she's trying to aim for the weakness of the beast, if she could pinpoint it, but that's just that. An excuse. While she still appeared to be calm and calculating, it was quite different inside.

She was terrified.

Mortified to the point of not being able to move much. She entered the battle with the utmost confidence, but it was shattered when she realized that her weapons could not manage to do anything towards the monster. Weapons she prided herself in, the ones she crafted by herself, failed to pierce it. Only thing it managed to do was half-blinding the beast...which only seemed to serve to make it angrier. It was frustrating, but more than that, it was completely discouraging. She considered of just running away as it seemed that the battle was really going badly, but stopped because she realized that she wouldn't be able to justify that to anyone nor her king.

Though, with Myth's thanking her despite her not really deserving any of that, Eris decided that she might at least still be capable of doing something. It calmed her momentarily, enough so that she could actually think on what she should do next. Nodding silently at the man after he rushed towards Mary, Eris took off, going towards the half-wrecked camp.

iU8EggM.png

The beast was busy chasing the golden boy right now. It launched its quill furs towards him again, but he managed to dodge some of them, and his golden tornado that made him leap up into the sky managed to protect him from the rest. The beast, being pretty blinded both physically and by its own rage, fell into Kin's plan on leading it away from everyone else.

"GOLD DRAGON'S...SCALES!!"

The beast was caught by surprise as it was distracted by the golden tornado. Kin had turned his own body fully into gold, and right now, he was crashing towards the beast. The quill furs managed to detect his heat signature and tried to strike him, but his gold scales managed to shrug them off. So, it decided on the next best thing. It created a covering surface with its prehensile furs between itself and the crashing Kin, and just as it was finished, the impact happened.

It managed to soften the blow enough for it to be non-crippling, but it was clear that the damage was done. The impact managed to internally damage the beast enough for it to be visible. The beast, managing to not lose itself in rage and pain somehow this time, spent little time to start using its furs into some sort of prison on Kin. It was going to wrap him into a ball of fur, and proceed to toss him inside of the ball of fur around like a wrecking ball, while probably trying to stab what's inside with the sharp quills.

For now, as its furs focused its attention on strengthening the furball prison on Kin, the wounded beast focused its attention on the redhead, who had just returned into the battle. Without thinking twice, the beast charged, as it swung its newly-gained wrecking furball around in the meantime.

iU8EggM.png

"...The way people in this town drove off the beast away before...was it explosives?

If so, perhaps we need to set them up."

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

Simple physics one would think. Heavy object in the air falling from a nice and decent height onto something...and specifically a something's back, they'd be stopped and at least in pain. Buuuuuuuut....

"OH COME ON!!! WHAT THE HELL?!"

Kin's shouts and yells could be heard from the predicament he was currently in: a strange furball prison on top of the boar. Apparently, it did something to soften the impact he was going to make against it, and afterwards began to weave a prison together around him...with it's hair no less.

Now the golden scaled Kin was bouncing against the walls of this prison like a rag-doll. Of course it didn't do too much damage to him because of his scales, but still...he was getting both dizzy...annnnnnnnd...

"Uhhhh...s-someone get me off this thing...I think I'm gonna puke!!" the Dragon Slayer groaned out from his prison, beginning to feel the effects of his motion sickness. "S-Stupid...boar...monster..."

A4uywC9.jpg?1

Myth had seen the whole weird occurrence happen.  Kin was now trapped in a ball of fur that acted as another weapon at the boar's disposal.  The girl with wings had ran towards the wrecked camp, hopefully to find an answer to this situation.  Now all Myth had to do was think....

He had a plan.  It might've been stupid, but it was a plan. 

He prepared himself, planting his feet hard onto the ground.  He widened his stance, and threw his arms out.  

"Don't worry Kin, I'll get you out somehow."  

As the beast drew nearer and nearer, he focused on the ball of fur that entrapped his comrade...he'd have to time this perfectly.  The beast swung it's wrecking ball, and Myth tried his damnedest to catch it.  The wind was knocked out of him, and he was pushed back a fair distance.  The ball was heavy and firm...surely if he were caught off guard by such an attack, it would no doubt have caused serious damage.  There was a struggle to throw the ball around, but Myth had a firm grasp of it now.    

"How you holding up in there pal?" he said jokingly.  Of course he wasn't out of harms way yet.  The beast was still charging him.  "Alright, hang in there for just a bit more."  He took aim, and raised the ball with two hands.  He pitched it towards the boar, and as it soared through the air, Myth punched a gust of wind in it's direction, speeding it up as it met the beast head on.   

HTTXBdB.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Mary drearily swayed side to side as she felt the piercing pain of the quill rippling through her lower left thigh, and as she fell gracefully to the ground - or rather, as gracefully as she could fall. The next few moments were hazy, and Mary could only lay in agony as she felt a set of magic-filled hands press against both her leg and spine, before the almost spear-like weapon that came from the beast's body was yanked from her leg. The woman groaned as her leg twitched uncontrollably, and before she new it, she was picked up by the manliest set of arms she had ever come in contact with. "Sorr...it's... he o... ing I co... think to..." The world felt like a blur, and even though Mary could see that she was moving at a regular speed, her head tossed and turned as if it were in the most horrible of car crashes.

x393wz.jpg

Tobias instantly snapped his eyes open, only minutes after his falling off of the beast. He immediately looked around his surroundings, which was mostly the wreckage from his injury. However, directly next to him, was his mother, her eyes fluttering as her body lay limp.

"Mu-mum! Oh god, mum! What the hell did that ugly thing do to you?! Oh god, please tell me you're alright!" The sight of the woman who had raised him from birth lying almost-dead riled Toby up beyond belief, the boy almost flipping back to his feet, only being held back by his badly bruised body.

"Mum... I promise I won't go back out there until I know you're save..."

Both mother and son lay silently.

As much as it was in a frenzy right now, the boar managed to miss the flying Eris and the mother and son who were lying unconscious not too far away from its current position. Had it was not focusing its anger on its main targets, the boar would have surely attacked them as it'd saw them as easy targets right now. But, that wasn't happening. With Myth standing some distance before it, the boar charged forth while throwing around the furball "morning star" prison as a makeshift "weapon". It probably couldn't hear Kin's annoyed yells. But more importantly, the boar, being half-blinded physically and fully blinded in its rage, was unable to see that the one it was going to attack already had a plan in mind and prepared his stance, waiting on something. His senses failed to register it as it was relying too much on a change in the heat signature to aim at things right now.

But the beast nevertheless swung the furball towards Myth - something that he apparently had been waiting for as he immediately clung towards it. The beast, realizing that Myth was on its furball, attempted to shake him off from there before he could do much, but its frantic attempt was quite futile as Myth hung for dear life on the furball. It was as if he's just hanging in there, but it was apparently part of his plan. As the furball was being wildly swung around, the redheaded mage used his Wind Magic to shift the direction of the ball and accelerate it right towards the boar's head. It realized it happening before the hardened furball hit its face, so it immediately disassembled the furball-

-only to be greeted by a still-golden Kin from inside of the prison falling right into its face outright, keeping the momentum of the speeding furball. Kin smashed right into the beast's skull and seemingly cracking it, with the sound he made when the impact happened, but the beast was clearly still alive and wildly flailing around to toss Kin away.

The beast was clearly writhing in pain now, not even moving to try attempting to attack anyone as it was focused on the wound it had just sustained. It seemed that the job could be finished soon.

Yet, something still didn't feel right in the air.

[spoiler=OOC]

Relatively short passage this time.

With it being like this, maybe it's time to finish it off....? Go and take the chance to land the killing blow~

x393wz.jpg

xe4FCZj.png?1

x393wz.jpg

"How you holding up in there pal?"

"Uhhh...j-just peachy...here..." Kin groaned, still feeling the effects of the motion sickness, answering Myth as much as he could. At least Myth was helping h- ....But now he felt the thing going at a very high speed. "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

His shout was heard, until this prison crashed onto something hard. Soon the prison was shattered and Kin was launched out by the sheer momentum of the prison, only seeing him face to face with the beast. "Heh...now we're talkin'! GOLD DRAGON'S SHINING FIST!!!" he yelled, his fists glowing brightly as he made contact with the beast's skull.

It was obvious that it did enough damage as he hopped off the beast, landing nearby Myth, huffing slightly. "T-Thanks for the help there..." he groaned, before moving his hand towards his pouch and threw a few gold coins in his mouth, munching on them. "Alright...that oughta help. I think it's pretty much about finished...shall we go for that combo again?" Kin flashed a smirk at Myth, chuckling. "No worries...my gold shards are still around to be used with it."

Archived