• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since Enguin is here and phil is not, phil will receive a loss and Enguin will be defaulted a win.

Swiss rounds are over, and now the tournament will proceed to single elimination consisting of the top 4 players with the most points. Everyone else, sadly, will no longer compete.

EDIT: Top cut has been posted.

Let's make it a feature match.

Game 1 - Kaiji sets Tricklown and passes.

Enguin memes all over the field and OTKs.

Game 2 - Kaji makes 7-mat Magnus and then Vanity's on draw phase.

Enguin kills himself, leading to a 20 minute delay.

Game 3 - Enguin becomes a scrub and does scrub things.

Konami makes Dinomist Charge hard opt for no funking reason.

Disrespect ensues as 2 Kaijus enter the field in the manner of Randy Orton.

And it's all ogre at 2-1 to Kaiji, Dinomapalonator exiting the tournament after a decent effort, great bunch of lads.

Context ples

A combination of Slumber (summoning 3300 on my field and 2200 on his field) + Utopia Lightning (summoned by Instant) allowed me to push for 6100 damage alongside an Alphan resolution which took out the remaining LP during g2 T2.

A combination of Slumber (summoning 3300 on my field and 2200 on his field) + Utopia Lightning (summoned by Instant) allowed me to push for 6100 damage alongside an Alphan resolution which took out the remaining LP during g2 T2.

Jesus. Could you have pulled it off without IF/Noden (assuming)

Tryna assess the blame here between Horsefaggit and Lightning

On top of just bad luck all around. It annoys me because, judging by what I saw of your deck, I know mine doesn't run nearly as many cards that are dead on their own... and low and behold; just bad starting hands for the times I started...

Frickin' P O'd at those results. I hate losing to luck.

On top of just bad luck all around. It annoys me because, judging by what I saw of your deck, I know mine doesn't run nearly as many cards that are dead on their own... and low and behold; just bad starting hands for the times I started...

Frickin' P O'd at those results. I hate losing to luck.

I don't want to sound like an ass but I wouldn't call it luck and I'm sort of miffed that this is the only possible explanation in your eyes.

I will concede that losing the dice roll was a huge factor in the loss, but this was because I was armed with the knowledge of a rough idea of what you were playing. I had the means to go into Magnus T1 but decided not to as I figured Aeroboros + Grampulse was the superior field for two reasons:

1) Your deck is normal summon reliant, and requires at least 1 monster to be face-up to kickstart your deck. If you chose to NS any PK, this telegraphs a Silent Boots to me and I would have used Aeroboros on it. This would be the same for Alphan and without Brilliant Fusion (which by your own admission I knew you did not run) it's very likely that an Aero on either would have ended your turn. This also solves Etele + a PK Normal summon as you would need to field another 3 to make Breaksword to dent my field and it wouldn't be able to revive any PKS to Rank 4.

2) This leaves Red Layer as your other method of bypassing the Normal Summon. The card vs my field is essentially a vanilla as 2000 ATK cannot break either in DEF so you had to pair it with the Field Spell to make Magnaliger which would solve both Xyz. Grampulse solves Magnacarrier on the discard and in the absence of Carrier it would be able to solve any Fogblades Set whether they were searched by Silent Boots or not.

The only time this field would fail is in the event of a Raigeki which I was willing to risk.

G2 I sided for going second (Kaiju + Maxx C) because I figured you wanted to avoid having to deal with anything resembling a board similar to the one in the first game by choosing 1st.

You telegraphed a Red Layer Summon by using Foolish to send Alphan so I knew it was coming and the Maxx would discourage you from resolving Alphan and skipping your turn which is what I needed to OTK T2.

There was also a System Down sided in the event you went first, when board wipes of that nature are commonly sided going second so drawing it T1 will definitely contribute to a brick.

While you say you had no good T1 plays I'm not sure there was any possible board you could make that would be able to solve Slumber and a Kaiju with the exception of Vanity's Emptiness, even in the case of Magnus I was prepared.

I don't think this is a question of whether "you lost to a worse build" (I'm not interested in hearing which one of our builds is better --> deserved the win more...I'm kicking myself for running Into the Void as that card is straight GARBOOOOOOOOOOOO compared to maxx "c"), but more likely that the die roll was not in your favor + I was better prepared for the mirror because of my side. 

I don't want to sound like an ass but I wouldn't call it luck and I'm sort of miffed that this is the only possible explanation in your eyes.

I will concede that losing the dice roll was a huge factor in the loss, but this was because I was armed with the knowledge of a rough idea of what you were playing. I had the means to go into Magnus T1 but decided not to as I figured Aeroboros + Grampulse was the superior field for two reasons:

1) Your deck is normal summon reliant, and requires at least 1 monster to be face-up to kickstart your deck. If you chose to NS any PK, this telegraphs a Silent Boots to me and I would have used Aeroboros on it. This would be the same for Alphan and without Brilliant Fusion (which by your own admission I knew you did not run) it's very likely that an Aero on either would have ended your turn. This also solves Etele + a PK Normal summon as you would need to field another 3 to make Breaksword to dent my field and it wouldn't be able to revive any PKS to Rank 4.

2) This leaves Red Layer as your other method of bypassing the Normal Summon. The card vs my field is essentially a vanilla as 2000 ATK cannot break either in DEF so you had to pair it with the Field Spell to make Magnaliger which would solve both Xyz. Grampulse solves Magnacarrier on the discard and in the absence of Carrier it would be able to solve any Fogblades Set whether they were searched by Silent Boots or not.

The only time this field would fail is in the event of a Raigeki which I was willing to risk.

G2 I sided for going second (Kaiju + Maxx C) because I figured you wanted to avoid having to deal with anything resembling a board similar to the one in the first game by choosing 1st.

You telegraphed a Red Layer Summon by using Foolish to send Alphan so I knew it was coming and the Maxx would discourage you from resolving Alphan and skipping your turn which is what I needed to OTK T2.

There was also a System Down sided in the event you went first, when board wipes of that nature are commonly sided going second so drawing it T1 will definitely contribute to a brick.

While you say you had no good T1 plays I'm not sure there was any possible board you could make that would be able to solve Slumber and a Kaiju with the exception of Vanity's Emptiness, even in the case of Magnus I was prepared.

I don't think this is a question of whether "you lost to a worse build" (I'm not interested in hearing which one of our builds is better --> deserved the win more...I'm kicking myself for running Into the Void as that card is straight GARBOOOOOOOOOOOO compared to maxx "c"), but more likely that the die roll was not in your favor + I was better prepared for the mirror because of my side. 

I'm not suggesting you played like an idiot (because you defos didn't); but I definitely didn't have any good turn 1 plays in that second duel, like at all. The fact that I had to use Foolish as a round-about means to get it into my hand with Red is far from ideal. I mean, that hand as a whole would have preferred to go second overall; with the means to take care of your field and go into my own; I mean, I showed you my hand; that crap wasn't good.

Whether you went Magnus on your first turn or not is irrelevant; because what killed was that I had to go second. The lucksack was more in your favor in winning the RPS, and then having me open poorly when I actually did get to go first (and opening Maxx "C"). There are fields I could've made that, while they would've have been able to fully counter a Slumber, would've at least prevented an OTK situation. But, I didn't open that well did I.

I definitely would have OTK'd you with the remaining cards in hand, Slumber solves all non Magnus boards and Alphan ignores any fog blades set, that's literally what I built the deck around for G2.

Don't think of me as someone so simple as to use a Fog Blade on an Alphan.

Don't think of me as someone so simple as to use a Fog Blade on an Alphan.

No, you do not understand.

The fact that Alphan is allowed to resolve sets up Instant Fusion, Feast of the Wild and places you in a catch 22 as whatever is summoned you will most likely have to use Fogblade on so I do not plus but it solves Fogblade by doubling as Xyz Material.

If you Fogblade the Jizakiru, Granpulse would solve it anyway.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would understand the implications of being unable to use Fogblade on an Alphan.

No, you do not understand.

The fact that Alphan is allowed to resolve sets up Instant Fusion, Feast of the Wild and places you in a catch 22 as whatever is summoned you will most likely have to use Fogblade on so I do not plus but it solves Fogblade by doubling as Xyz Material.

If you Fogblade the Jizakiru, Granpulse would solve it anyway.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would understand the implications of being unable to use Fogblade on an Alphan.

No, you made it sound like I was an idiot who would try to fogblade an Alphan. I understand how the deck works and what it does, and what Alphan means. The way you're talking now just makes it look like you're taking the piss on me.

Archived