Kiznaiver

78466l.jpg

The story is set in Sugomori City, built in a reclaimed land, which was once prosperous as a futuristic city. Agata Katsuhira, a high school boy who is living in the city, has a strange body which can feel no pain at all. By the guidance of a mysterious girl Sonozaki Noriko, he is chosen as a member of "Kiznaiver," a group of people who share pain, along with several of his classmates who originally belonged to different groups and never got along. Sonozaki says, "This is an experiment to guide the world filled with wars to peace." One summer story of boys and girls who have to share each other's wounds begins.

This season brings Studio Trigger's new anime and it feels great to see some of their work again. The group of characters is really cool and I can't wait to see what's in store for them now that they've been dragged into this experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't nearly as interested in this as other things, but you could say curiosity got the better of me. I checked out chapter 0 on a whim, and it was just a basic as hell introduction, but I didn't want to wait a whole month to find out if it was any good. It's almost been a month now, so I wonder how worth it switching over to the anime was. Probably a lot, since it's anime original, the manga is probably not that good, at least in comparison. 

Well, the cast section of epiode 0 was fun (I especially liked, "Don't you want to go to the nationals?!"), and as a whole that was pretty insightful. Learning about all of the characters in this way is a lot more interesting than I thought, but doing something that without the Kizuna system, actually would have killed the guy... I don't think I'm liking Noriko all that much.

It was really funny how Nico didn't realize how eccentric and not like a normal rich girl she is even without believing in fairies.

In general, I really like the characters, and I want to know more Honoka and this person she killed. Once she had that nervous breakdown or whatever after separating from the rest of the group I figured that's what her secret was.

I just saw episode 1. Holy sheet, what is this, it's a trigger anime (whose first episode) I actually enjoyed. The episode was mostly great and I can't think of a big flaw to complain about.

Okada and trigger always seemed like a weird af combination but could it actually be the unexpected dream team?

Archived