Digimon: The Dark Continent [IC/Arc 1 Act 2: The First Digivolution]

The Warden

hzyvyM2.pngVO5cj50b.jpg?1

Teiljo continued to watch the battle between the Greymon and the DarkTyrannomon, fearful that the former would eventually overpower the latter. But then Cinder's back-stab attack had went through without a hitch, allowing the inverse to occur. One uppercut later, the Greymon was as near as made no difference defeated, one of DarkTyrannomon's feet holding him in place so that the other Digimon could get at the Black Arrows.

'Is this the power of Digivolution?' Teiljo asked himself, turning in Rigor's direction as he mused, 'And all it took was... hmm,'

Cinder, having just saved himself from being squashed under the Greymon's sheer weight, had noticed that one of the five Black Arrows had already dislodged itself from its skull, having sub-sequentially vanished into nothingness. Upon reflection, it was probably the one that Cinder had broke the flecthing off of, in which case it must have been loosened by the FanBeemon's efforts to pull it out prior to having come under attack.

'Grrreeeeeeeat, now I have to pull out another one,' he mentally moaned, just as he bore witness to some of the other Digimon already hacking away at the arrows, "Hey hey hey HEY!! I started the whole flick(!); let me have an arrow to pull out, damn it!"

With that, Cinder scurried over to one of the more leftmost arrows, broke the fletching off of that one and started pulling.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NpRDZ8s.jpg

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"You are one of the others, silly~"

Kosuke was honestly caught off guard by this response that Shiro gave him. Though while he pondered this, he was brought back to reality (so to speak) by Kudamon and Shiro arguing. He was actually someone like Shiro, who from what he could see, didn't exactly have a mean bone in her body, but at seeing the vein being popped up in her forehead was a sure sign that she did.

"I'm sorry! Let's go find our partners!"

"U-Uh...o-o-okay..." Kosuke nodded slowly. He wasn't sure why he decided to follow Shiro...but he just did. Could it be that he really didn't want to get yelled at as well? Or maybe it was that he really DID want to make sure his "partner" was alright. Whatever the case, Kosuke followed Shiro.

"Mangoooooooooooo! Delos!!!!!!! Where are you guuuuuuuuys!"

Silently, Kosuke looked around for any sign of the Coronamon. However, he looked up slightly and his eyes widened at what he saw...

46lz2EA.jpg?1

"Gotcha!"

Delos smirked as Rigor picked him up and tossed him like a football, approaching the Greymon at a quick pace now. "Heh, here we go! Time for a CORONA-" The Coronamon was cut off short and in mid sentence, as the Greymon turned his head suddenly, the horn hitting him quickly as it sent him flying.

G-GAAAHHH!! D-Damnit... he thought, groaning as he closed his eyes and started to fall out of the sky...

NpRDZ8s.jpg46lz2EA.jpg?1

Kosuke watched Delos, with eyes wide, falling from the sky. He just stood there for a few moments, seeing the pained look on the little lion's face. No one seemed to be trying to help or to try and catch him. Then...if that was the case...

"Delos..." he muttered...

Soon he found himself climbing over some of the rubble, running away from Shiro and towards the falling Delos. He didn't know why he started running, but it was almost like it was an impulse. ...No...he knew why he was running. Like it or not...Delos was an entity that became a friend within such a short time. And he didn't...he didn't want to lose another friend.

"P-Please be alright...please!!" Kosuke said to himself, running as fast as he could, stumbling here and there but doing the best he could to catch him. He finally made it near the location where Delos was falling, only narrowly catching him a few feet from the ground. Of course, because of this, Kosuke started skidding on the ground, just holding onto Delos for dear life.

As the skidded halted, Kosuke sat up and looked at Delos, seeming pretty banged up. He held the little lion Digimon and began to tear up. "I-I...I'm sorry Delos..."

"Oh... Rio! I... I'm okay, I... I was just scared and I ran... Where is... Where did Wizardmon go?"

"Wizardmon got off the island, I think. I split off from him and the baby Digimon beforehand." Rio explained as best he can.

He then walked over to her, laying a hand on her shoulder. "You don't need to stop yourself from crying. It's okay to cry. It's okay to be afraid. That just means you have something to overcome now." He then patted her shoulder before looking at the sky. "I should know. I've been afraid of people most of my life. I had been isolated for so long. But I was more afraid of not being able to understand the world, to explore it. So, I put my fear aside for the sake of learning about the world, about people."

Rio looked back at Rui with a smile on his face. "I know there's not much you can do. But we're your friends now. And right now, even if Kudamon never admits it, she needs you. Without you, she'll continue to be reckless and keep putting herself at risk. Don't forget that." Rio then began to walk away, leaving Rui alone again to let this all sink in. He then stopped as he remembered something else. "Oh yeah, Shiro is trying to find you. I'd go back and tell her you're alright. And if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be here."

He then left Rui alone. Whether or not his words made an impact, he'll have to find out later. Right now, he needs to find any stragglers and get them off the island.

• 1 month later...

Greymon stumbled backwards, another arrow falling from its skull as it was bisected by Xicor's swipe. Groaning loudly, the dinosaur shrank further down, now definitely under the DarkTyrannomon's height, as well as. "Grah?!"

Having recovered from their KO, Growlmon and Kuwagamon had bided their time, and now they were acting as they grabbed the opponent by his arms, holding him in place as they forced its head down, right in Xicor's direction. "Finish this!" Kuwagamon bellowed.

"Free him!" Growlmon pleaded as he struggled to keep Greymon held down for Xicor to finish him off.

iU8EggM.png

Wizardmon sighed loudly as he waited patiently outside the Primary Village, a swarm of infant Digimon waiting with terror around them. The sounds of carnage weren't very comforting, but hopefully the humans could hold off and defeat that Greymon, because if not.... "Wizardmon look!" a Poyomon cried out.

Staring into the village, an ethereal glow permeated from it, followed by more sounds of destruction. And yet, there was no feeling of dread anymore, but hope. "Have they done it?"

Xicor watched the Greymon shrink under him. This was good. Now they just needed to finish this. Thankfully, he had some help in the form of Kuwagamon and Growlmon. The two grabbed the monster's arms, forcing his head down. 

"Finish this!" Kuwagamon bellowed.

"Free him!" Growlmon pleaded. The two of them struggled to keep the Greymon still. They'd have to do this quickly, or this would be all for nothing.

"You got it!" Xicor stated as he held both hands over his head. He quickly slashed down, getting as much arrows as he could with those massive claws. Rigor watched the teamwork and sighed.

"I think... it's over. I think we did it...," He muttered to himself.

Greymon struggled, but to no avail as with three loud cracks, the arrows shattered, freeing the dinosaur from the control of whomever put him under that curse. And since he had ceased struggling, Growlmon and Kuwagamon released him, allowing Greymon to collapse to the ground with swirls for eyes. "Hey Growlmon, does this Greymon seem familiar to you?" Kuwagamon inquired as he knelt down by the fallen brute.

"Now that you mention it...," Growlmon paused as he rubbed his chin, "actually yeah! Yeah I do! See this chip in his horn here?" he explained, pointing to a notch in Greymon's right antler. "This Greymon here lived on the other side of the forest, working a popcorn cart at the seaside town."

"He worked concession?" Kiero spoke up in disbelief.

"Hush~kyu" CP insisted.

"Yeah. The guy who got me and Kuwagamon must've hit him afterwards, since he wouldn't go this far from his job" Growlmon deduced.

"No... I wouldn't..." Greymon groaned weakly.

"Oh hey, he's alive" Kuwagamon remarked as his partner helped the dinosaur up into a sitting position. The Greymon rubbed at his aching cranium, the impact sites of the arrows vacant from him head. "Do you remember anything at all from before you went crazy Greymon?"

"Ugh, no. I recall a crow cawing, then everything went black. And now I'm here. Where is here, exactly?" the dinosaur questioned as he looked around.

"The Primary Village you helped trash" Kiero uttered under his breath.

"A Primary Village you trashed" Kuwagamon explained bluntly.

Greymon whimpered as he noted the environment, and he finally realized where he was. "Please don't tell me I...."

"Nonono, everyone's okay. A bit beaten up but okay. Actually, really you should be thanking this DarkTyrannomon here" Growlmon said, emphasizing Xicor with a claw. "If it wasn't for him, we might have never stopped you."

"Umm, thank you for... beating me up?" Greymon expressed with, well, confusion. 

2oQxfdW.jpg?1IUqPSE8.jpg?1

2peXbcv.png

Mango held on for dear life, as the Greymon continued to sway back and fourth viciously after being attacked by Xicor.  As the arrows continued to dislodge one by one, Mango decided that his assistance was no longer necessary, and let go of the shell-like head of the Greymon.  As Mango flew through the air, he let out a comical squawk.  He looked to the ground and noticed that he would be making a very rough landing into a pile of rubble.  

"Oh boy..." Mango sighed, as he collided with hard building material.  

"Mango!"  Shiro shouted, as she saw the events transpire.  She ran past the now conscious giant beetle, and red dinosaur, to reach her feathered digital friend.  She found the pile of torn building that he had landed in, and saw that Mango was covered in dust from head to toe, pieces of brick still lying on top of him.  Shiro frantically started tearing away at the debris, and dusted Mango off.  As she continued to free him, Mango began to cough.  

"All my friends said it was impossible...but Penmon can fly..."  Mango let out a slight chuckle, led by a couple of penguin like honks, and then a groan of pain after that.  "Uh...Shiro...you gonna help me up or?"  

Shiro looked at the bird with a plain stare, before bursting out into a giggle.  She clocked the Penmon on the noggin with a barely put together fist.  

"Penguin?  You're more like a dodo!"  She said, laughing as she broke the bird free of his crumbling cage.  

"I resent that comment!  By the way...what's a dodo?"  

Rio heard the sounds of an explosion close by. He felt the need to pick up the pace in the off chance something goes wrong. But as he got closer to where the battle was going on, the quieter it got. He wondered about this, stopping for a moment. I hope everyone's alright. he thought to himself.

As he gave a glance of what's going on, he saw what looked to be Kuwagamon and Growlmon holding down what is assumed to be the Greymon. But...why is it smaller all of a sudden? He then noticed a giant black dinosaur in front of them. Whoever it was, hopefully he was on his side.

Razomon sighed of relief that it was over and that he didn't have to worry about evacuating anyone else. However, he looked to his side and noticed Shiro caring for Mango, who seemed to have crashed into some rubble. Not paying attention to the looks on their faces, he ran up to them with slight worry. "Mango, you alright?" he asked when he got to them. He then noticed the two giggling and came to the conclusion that he's gonna be just fine. "Even for a Penmon, you should take this stuff more seriously." It was then that he saw Rio walking up to him. "What are you doing here? Where's Wizardmon?"

"He should still be with the others. I.....I kinda regretted leaving you behind." Razomon scoffed slightly at that remark. "Guess we both struggle to leave each other alone." Rio chuckled at that, but then realized something. He sees Rigor nearby, but... "...Where's Xicor?" Razomon merely just pointed at the DarkTyrannomon standing over the other three. "Huh." He didn't know what else to say. "I was just as shocked as you. But hey, now we have extra firepower on our team."

Rio then looked over at Rigor. He was getting a vibe off him that seemed contrary to what Razomon thinks. It might have just been him, or there's something going on that's worth talking about. Rio wasn't sure, but he wanted to find out. He then walked over to Rigor, concern on his face. Razomon showed a bit of confusion as to what Rio was thinking about doing. "Are you alright?" he asked suddenly.

Rigor looked up at Xicor, studying him. All seemed right on the surface, but something was... off. He couldn't place his finger on it. Was it because Xicor was breathing harder, or because he looked like he was tired? He wasn't sure though... was this... Digivolution permanent? So many questions swirled though his mind, and he barely had a chance to sort through them.

"Are you alright?" Rigor almost jumped as he heard Rio's voice call out to him. He turned his head and chuckled nervously. 

"Y-yeah, man, everything's okay," He knew that Rio knew that was bullcrap. What kind of friend wouldn't see that their friend was troubled? He sighed and rubbed his neck. "I just... have a lot on my mind. We're in some strange new world, and I met a dinosaur that turned into a bigger dinosaur and I have no idea how," He shook his head. "I just kinda feel over my head," He looked over to Rio. "How about you? You doing okay? A giant dinosaur did just attack us, after all," 

"Ugh...," Xicor muttered suddenly. "I feel... funny," Rigor looked over to see his massive dinosaur wobbling. There was a bright light, and the Champion shrank back to his rookie form. Xicor wobbled over to Rigor and plopped down at his feet. "Man, I'm hungry...,"

NpRDZ8s.jpg46lz2EA.jpg?1

From the looks of it...the battle was over and Xicor was definitely the apparent victor. As the group seemed to congregate over near the three huge Digimon, Kosuke brought up the rear with a pretty banged up Delos in his arms.

Kosuke was silent, he really had nothing to contribute to the congrats or anything. He literally ran away like a coward...he only came back because he saw-

"K-Kosuke?"

Kosuke's thoughts were interrupted as he looked down and saw Delos beginning to squirm a little in his arms. The Coronamon looked up at him before giving off a small smile.

"H-Heh...you came back."

"Delos..." Kosuke started, trying to keep himself from crying. "W-Well...you were falling out of the sky...I...I needed to make sure you were-..."

"Thanks..." Delos simply said, nodding at Kosuke. He could tell that this human was indeed worried about losing him...so maybe things weren't so bad with him being around after all. "Hey...can you put me down now?"

Kosuke blinked a bit, just now realizing he was holding Delos while he was awake. He felt stupid right now as he nodded and slowly put the Coronamon down. "J-Just glad your alright...Delos." he said, seeing Delos give him a thumbs up.

"I just... have a lot on my mind. We're in some strange new world, and I met a dinosaur that turned into a bigger dinosaur and I have no idea how.......I just kinda feel over my head. How about you? You doing okay? A giant dinosaur did just attack us, after all."

Rio didn't have to think about that answer and merely smiled at Rigor. "I'm apparently doing better than you are." He then dropped his smile suddenly, returning to his typical state. "This is a lot to take in, but.....I've had other things on my mind since I came here. So I guess I was able to take this all in a lot easier." He then crossed his arms in deep thought, trying to figure out what he should say next. "I know this is far beyond anything you've had to deal with, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. I just hope you have the time to get accustomed to this. If what Wizardmon said is any indication, time might not be on our side. Whatever you end up deciding, I'll understand."

Razomon walked over to the two with curiosity. "Everything alright?" he asked suddenly.

"Yeah....just reflecting on what we've been through, is all."

"And here I thought you had plenty of time to do that earlier."

"I'm not the one doing the reflecting here." He then gestured his shoulders towards Rigor.

"Oh. Well, I'll leave you to that. Before I do, though...." He then walked up to Rigor with a half smile. "You seem like a good guy. Soon enough, the Digital World will be like your second home.....well, as much as it can be at the moment. Just keep your chin up and don't think to hard about all of this. Besides, you don't have to figure this out alone." He then looked at Xicor who had just de-Digivolved. He then looked at Rio, who was confused as to why he was being given that look. "You have friends to keep you standing. Don't ever forget that."

Razomon gave a look of surprise at his own words. He didn't think he could invoke that kind of advice. However, the words he spoke seemed....familiar. It was as if someone said it to him once. There was still a lot he doesn't know. Hopefully, his memory will come back to him, at least a decent chunk of it. That would help a lot. Razomon then walked away from Rigor, deciding not to worry about how he knew to say those words and was just glad he said it.

"He's got heart, I can say that much." he said to Rio before walking away.

Hmph, he has more than you think. Rio thought with a slight chuckle. He then looked back at Rigor. "So.....what are you gonna do?"

Archived