Sonic the Hedgehog: Solar Tides [IC/Accepting]

Mr. Hyde

Chimera was... overloaded with... disbelief,,, and RAGE. Mecha... took apart SIlver Sonic and Metal Knuckles... to salvage himself? He killed his own brothers?! Even Badniks had standards, and Mecha trampled on them. Killing others and salvaging them for parts? Unforgivable... unforgivable. His left arm morphed into a machine laser gun, grabbing the USB in his other hand.

"What happened to you, brother?" He muttered. Yes, Mecha was always power hungry... he was always ruthless... but he was never like this. Over Harmony, the closest way to describe Mecha would be a screamo/heavy metal band. But now... he was... just a cacophony of noise... nothing but madness. He was like the zombie Pawns. He couldn't be reasoned with... He was lost to his own madness. At that moment, a portal opened, dropping in four organics. That didn't matter though. They didn't matter. All that mattered was Mecha.

"HOW DARE MEATBAGS INTERRUPT MY SPEECH!  I'LL KILL YOU ALL!" The abomination then kicked one of the organics away before a wolf one began firing icicles while another threw flaming knives. But that didn't matter...

"Mecha," Chimera muttered as he took the USB with Metal's data, placing it in a secure compartment in the back of his head. "I will... set you free from your own madness...," He clenched his fist, memories of the times he had with Silver Sonic and Mecha Knuckles flooding his mind. "For their and your own sake... I will destroy you!!"

Cold Revenge

He held out his arm and began firing at Mecha, the lasers rapidly flying all over the place, most aimed for Mecha, but the shots were spread out so that if Mecha tried to dodge, he would still be hit. This haphazard way of attacking did leave an issue though. Many of those shots were on direct courses to hit the Mobians. Chimera didn't care though. All that mattered was destroying the monster Mecha had become. He activated his rocket thrusters, flying away from the now limp body of Metal Sonic and charging straight at Mecha, intent on running over anyone in his way.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old Eggland

BMG

"Father..." As his vision began to return, Axel rolled weakly off the pile of bodies that Silver's portal had dispensed them in. Slowly bringing himself to his feet, the white hedgehog allowed his gaze to drift across the faces of all those who were gathered as his senses began to feed him information about his surroundings. A cat with some sort of artifact that was producing chaos energy, a wolf that gave off a cold aura, Ken, and two entities that lacked any connection to the chaos force whatsoever but resembled the old hero Sonic... 

"But don't worry...you won't be alone.  I can sense them...I'll send some reinforcements." Silver's voice echoed in the back of his mind, causing him to wince from the pain that had taken residence in his chest and the pit of his stomach. The image of Silver's smiling face was still burned into his mind's eye, and the mere thought of his master's fate was enough to cause tears to begin to gather in the corner of Axel's eyes. "So these two are the reinforcements, huh?" He mumbled with a hint of spite in his voice. 

"HOW DARE MEATBAGS INTERRUPT MY SPEECH!  I'LL KILL YOU ALL!" The robot that the group had landed on bellowed as it charged them, knocking Ken to the side and causing Axel to furrow his brow in rage. Moving to his brothers side, Axel extended his hand to help Ken to his feet whilst taking extra care to avoid his twin's gaze. He couldn't let Ken see him cry.

With the movement in his arms and legs temporarily hindered by Zane's icicle assault, Mecha Sonic was unable to defend himself from the massive hell pyre that Alex sent flying towards his upper body. "GAAAH" The mecha monstrosity cried as it was sent reeling backwards by the flaming attack. Though the heat from the flames was more than enough to melt the icicles that were lodged in his joints, allowing the robot to lunch it's counter attack.

"Mecha, I will... set you free from your own madness... For their and your own sake... I will destroy you!!" The second robot called out to his brethren before releasing a salvo of lasers in an all out offensive maneuver.

Raising the larger of it's two arms to shield his important parts from Chimera's attack, Mecha Sonic turned towards the Cat and Wolf; bringing up it's free hand and letting loose a barrage of machine gun fire in an attempt to slay the two vermin whilst they were busy dodging the stray lasers shot by Chimera. "DIE FRAIL FLESH CREATURES!" Only relenting to turn and face Chimera whilst the newer robot charge recklessly towards him, Mecha sonic activated his thrusters to meet Chimera in a test of strength. 

"I love you both...now go and save the world." 

Tears began to stream steadily down Axel's face as watched the battle unfold in front of him. A very large part of him wanted to leave this place and return to his home to try and fight of the darkness that had consumed his master, but he knew it would be futile. Furthermore, Silver's final wish was for him and his brother to protect the world in his absence, with these two strangers.That meant that both the Cat and the Wolf had to survive... if only to honor his master- no, his father's will!  

"Lets..." Axel growled as he brought his hand up to his side and began forming a swirling sphere of chaos energy. Watching as the two robots neared collision, Axel clenched his teeth as he pumped even more of his energy to the sphere despite his horrid state he was already in, causing it to double in size. If he could manage to damage both the robots in a single attack, maybe the others would be able to finish the job... 

"End this pointless conflict!" The white hedgehog roared as he hurled the volatile sphere of pure chaos into the center of the two robots just before they met. Falling to his knees and shielding his eyes as it erupted to a swirling blue shockwave. 

Old Eggland

As Ken slowly rose to his feet after being knocked away effortlessly, he was able to get a grasp of what was really going on.  Somehow, Silver had transported the two brothers, along with two others, to a far off location.  However, they were caught in a deadlock against what seemed to be a fight against two robots.  

"Oh geez Silver...what have you gotten us into this time."  The other Mobians there seemed to be a cat, and wolf...with their own unique set of powers.  Behind them was a robot who was launching lasers from it's arm.  He had never seen a robot before...only pictures that Silver had taken with foxes!  Ken almost made his way over to the robot, but hesitated, seeing as they were now on a battlefield.  Ken looked around for whatever seemed to have knocked him out, and he saw the other robot...a mix-up of all sorts of pieces that didn't seem to match.  

"Wow...Robots are so cool..."  Ken almost had to wipe the drool away from his mouth.  

"Lets..."  He heard the low grumbling voice of his brother.  No doubt when Ken looked his way, Axel was charging chaos infused attack.  "End this pointless conflict!"   When the orb made contact, a giant shock wave reverberated throughout the room.  That would surely knock any robots circuits loose!

"Pointless...?" a voice pierced the dust.  "What's pointless is your pathetic...withering...LIVES!"  Mecha rushed at Axel, his hand stuck out ready to choke the Mobian.  Ken rushed in as fast as he could, and kneed the robot in it's side.  The contact almost felt like it was shattering his kneecap, but he kept going.  He then took the robots arm and twisted it, throwing it towards Chimera.  Mecha made sure that he wouldn't fly directly towards his brother, as he boosted his jets and flew above all five of them.  

"I hope you felt that..." Ken smirked, as he wheezed heavily.  He was leaning on Axel by this point.  

"I feel nothing...and you soon won't ever again!"  Mecha unleashed a new volley of bullets at the group, moving his arm to try and get better aim at all of them.  Ken picked up his brother, and tried his best to dodge the oncoming fire.  He looked to the other two Mobians with a desperate look on his face.  

"Be careful you two!  Help us bring that bastard down!"  

IsOSufc.png

Helio Temple

The room was clad with stone.  Vines overtook most of the cracks, and nature was trying to reclaim it's grasp on this land.  On a sundial in the middle of the room, a tiny flame danced along the rim.  

"Ahhh...How wonderful it is to be home!  These Mobians were probably waiting for a millennial for me to claim this throne!"  

At the far end of the room was a marble throne.  It looked completely different from that of the rest of the chamber's interior.  Giant holes in the out ridges of the temple let sunshine pour into the room from all angles.  Mirrors bounced the suns rays back and forth until they converged onto the Marble throne.  It glistened as the rays tried to puncture the surface, but were merely refracted into a dazzling display onto the ceiling.  From the shadows, Mephiles took form.  He made sure to keep his distance from that intense light.  

"And how went the cleansing, my dearest creation?"

Mephiles clasped his hands together and knelt his head.

"I have wiped out ninety-nine percent of the worlds chaos sensitive population...only a few mere stragglers survived."  A ray of sunshine was bent and directed at Mephiles, who flinched as the rays seemed to sear his flesh.  He grunted in discomfort.  

"How could you let mere prey escape?!  Can you not find them!?"

"Somehow, their presence is being masked...I know not how, but I can be sure that I only know of four that escaped our clutches."  The sunshine redirected itself away from Mephiles, and there was a short sigh of relief.  

"Only four you say...no matter.  Four cannot stop a god.  Good work Mephiles.  However your list of tasks grows longer.  Recover the chaos emeralds, and release Iblis...that is all for now."

"Understood, Lord Gwynn." Mephiles nodded, as he sank into the floor.  He already knew he had to find Iblis and unleash him, but he couldn't sense his other half....there must've been some reason why.  

"WHOA!!" Zane yelped as he barely dodged a salvo of lasers that was being shot from a strange robot. "Jeez! You'll get your turn later, ya rust-bucket!!" he grumbled, skidding back some, trying to regain his composure. But that was the least of Zane's worries. Next thing he knew, the robot he shot the icicles into, turned its arm and started shooting at him and Alex.

"DIE FRAIL FLESH CREATURES!"

"Alright...this guy needs to 'chill' out...like BIG TIME!!" Zane rolled to his left, dodging the bullets before returning to skating upon the icy ground that formed beneath his feet.

"Lets...End this pointless conflict!"

The arctic wolf stopped short, seeing the one hedgehog unleashing an attack of the likes he never saw before. He watched it landing directly between the two robots as they rushed towards one another. The explosion was a massive one to say the least, as Zane covered his eyes from the sheer power the blast had. However, when he lowered his arm, he saw the one robot moving towards the two hedgehogs.

Alright...maximum effort...let's go! Zane thought, running towards the two hedgehogs, quickly skating once more. As he began to near the group, the one hedgehog had time to knee the robot in the side...a feat that probably hurt like hell. But regardless, it did something, especially since it was flying towards the other robot...until he stopped suddenly by the effort of it's boosters.

"Be careful you two!  Help us bring that bastard down!"

Zane quickly strafed as he skated through, dodging the bullets that were being shot. "Don't worry about us! You better just find some cover, pronto!" he smirked, before leaping into the air, as he threw a few more icicles towards the robot. He figured if he could at least lodge one into the mechanized creature's gun, it would malfunction and possibly explode.

The amalgamation of a robot definitely felt the ice fire combo Alex and Zane pulled on it, but now they had to worry about the other robot who obviously didn't care who got hit by its spread of laser fire. Alex took the first opportunity she got to hide in the shadows of the building she was in. But unfortunately, one of the hedgehogs launched an attack between the two robot's that seemingly lit the whole place up, giving away Alex to more bullet fire from the robot.

"I should never have gone out today..." She mumbled under her voice as she got out of the way of the bullets. Zane and the two hedgehogs seemed to have been no more than a pain to the robot than an actual threat as it took all their attacks as if it didn't hurt.

"Be careful you two! Help us bring that bastard down!" Oh was that a fact? Of course Alex needed to be careful of a pissed off robot. Though she needed something other than fire to bring a robot down, she looked around and found a piece of scrap that had a very sharp edge to it. "Perfect..." Alex took the piece of metal and lit it ablaze just like she would with her knives. She looked to see Zane throwing more icicles at the robot and he seemed to be aiming for the gun.

"If he gets it right... that gun will probably blow up in the robot's face... then while he's distracted I could... let's hope this works..." Alex thought that if the robot would get distracted long enough from its gun blowing up in its face, she could rush it and plunge the piece of scrap into it's body, if this works, then the robot could go up in flames, if Zane's icicles met their mark.

Chimera had been pushing against Mecha, his head ramming against the metal monstrosity as they both used their thrusters to try to overpower the other. They grunted under the force, both somehow equal, despite Chimera being fresh.

"Let's... End this pointless conflict!" one of the squishy organics shouted. A orb crashed into the two mechanical warriors, the resulting explosion throwing the two in opposite directions across the room. A chaos energy based attack? Was Shadow now attacking? No... No... This was no Shadow... Not even the shadow of a shadow.

Eggman had done a few good things by him: he was programmed to observe and build data sets about units in combat so should the day come that he'd have to battle them, he'd know how they fought from the get go. Even now, he was doing just that nearly subconsciously. He was, after all, a combat robot. He didn't have the ability copying power Metal possessed however... That seemed to be a miracle Eggman was never able to replicate. These four were a threat now, and he would be rid of them.

"Pointless?" He asked as he held out his right arm. "I don't expect soulless organics like you to understand the crimes he has committed, but I will not allow you to interfere," his hand retracted into his arm, which loaded up a missile. Then, his shoulder and arm opened up to reveal more missiles. "Disappear," he said simply as he fired off a volley of missiles at the organics. When he finished, he reloaded, aiming at Mecha and firing more missiles. Afterwards, he reverted his arm back to normal and began to spin in place, the signature sound of a spin dash reverberating across the room as he launched himself at Mecha.

Old Eggland

"Pointless...?  What's pointless is your pathetic...withering...LIVES!" Axel's eyes widened in disbelief as Mecha's voice pierced through the cloud of dust that had been gathered after his last attack. Still unable to stand from the strain his use of the Chaos Force had put on his body, Axel could do nothing but watch as the robotic abomination dashed towards him with it's arm extended. Though before Axel was caught in Mecha's cold grasp, Ken sprang into action; skillfully countering and tossing the robot away before wheezing and leaning on his brother's shoulder. 

"I hope you felt that..."

"I feel nothing...and you soon won't ever again!"  Mecha called down to the Mobians before raining down a new volley of bullets upon them. 

"Ken, go!" Axel called to his brother whilst wrapping his both arms around his twin's neck, allowing the much stronger hedgehog to pick him up and begin dashing around the battle field to dodge the oncoming fire. "Be careful you two!  Help us bring that bastard down!" His brother turned to the other two Mobians whilst leaping to the side to avoid yet another hail of bullets. 

"Don't worry about us! You better just find some cover, pronto!" The wolfed responded whilst skating across the factory floor with his ice powers.

"Targets still in range... proceeding with continues fire..." Mecha's worn processors pressed on as his damaged hardware did it's best to survey the battle field. "Feline specimen preparing for surprisal attack... probability for success: ZERO. HEHEHEHEHA!" Though the white hedgehog's chaos attack had managed to cause some internal damage, Mecha's scanners were still very much capable of keeping track of the only four living creatures on the entire island.

"Pointless?" Axel glanced over his brother's shoulder as the other robot called out to them. "I don't expect soulless organics like you to understand the crimes he has committed, but I will not allow you to interfere," It's hand retracted into his arm, which loaded up a missile. Then, it's shoulder and arm opened up to reveal more missiles. "Disappear,"

"S***, incoming!" Axel growled to his brother whilst using the momentum of their high speed movement to swing himself on to Ken's back. For a brief moment, Axel's thoughts were brought back to the time he had first learned how to teleport with the chaos force... He had managed to warp all the way to the top of the highest tree in the forest on his first try! Though when the time came to warp down... he found himself left crying up above the tree line as the force didn't lend it's self to him for his trip back. It had taken all day, but eventually Ken had managed to to climb the massive tree to rescue him, and carried the young prodigy down on his back in a manner identical to the way the were positioned now.

"Keep moving... I'll handle it." With the robot's rockets gaining on them fast, Axel shifted his gaze to a far corner of the battlefield. There was a light hum in the air as he gathered energy, and just as the rockets were about to collide with the two brothers, they vanished a flash of blue light. Reappearing seconds after an explosion rocket the space they had just occupied, a panting Axel tightened his grip around his brother's neck as he tried not to slide off his back from the new wave of fatigue. 

As Zane's icicles lodged themselves in Mecha's machine gun, causing it to detonate violently. The robot had very little time to react as he was forced to now deal with Chimera's next assault, and Alex's sneak attack with one arm. A light began to shine brightly in Mecha's chest, as he flew out of the range of the missiles and down towards Alex just as she attempted to blitz him with her flaming piece of scrap. "FOOL!" Igniting a blade of crackling yellow energy from the wrist of his remaining arm, he skillful sliced the scrap spear into pieces before grabbing the cat by the throat and rotating his body so that his chest was now pointing towards the spin dashing Chimera whilst his cold gaze glared into Alex's face. 

"UNIT BEAM!" Mecha's voice boomed as a beam of vibrating yellow energy blasted forth from his chest, colliding with the Chimera and sending the other robot reeling backwards from the searing hot attack. Rotating his upper body, Mecha then proceeded to slam Alex into the ground before activating his thrusters and forcible dragging her across the battlefield at staggering speeds. Rocketing past Zane with enough force to send him flying if he didn't move, Mecha and Alex finally halted their trip once they arrived at Metal's body. 

"HEHEHAHAHAHA!" The machine cackled whilst violently hurling his feline victim towards the wolf, before placing his foot atop Metal's head and grabbing his brother's arm. Easily yanking the limb off of his already wounded donor, Mecha cast the now useless body of Metal away with a side kick before allowing a countless amount of wires to free themselves from his own wounded arm and attach to the new piece of hardware. "THIS IS WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW.... Kill. Assimilate... only the strong will survive in my domain!" The mad robot roared to the heavens as he finished integrating Metal's arm. 

Shifting his attention over to Chimera, Mecha Sonic took a step forward and began charging more energy in his chest cavity. "I wonder which of your parts will survive after this..." He taunted as the light in his chest began to shine impossibly bright. His scanners locked on to the three targets, causing his chest cavity to expand to allow for a larger range of attack. "DIE!" His voice was heralded by another beam attack. One large enough to scorch the ground as it traveled towards it's targets and cause the very air around it to sizzle from the shear amount of heat.

Watching the scene from a far, Axel began gathering more energy. "Don't even bother trying to object." He whispered to his brother, preemptively shutting down any attempts his Ken would make to try and stop him from pushing himself any further. "They need our help..." As he spoke, Axel's eyes began to glow a fierce blue as he focused his gaze on a spot in the battlefield. "Let me worry about our movement. Just do what you do best, and smash 'em!" With that, the pair vanished in yet another flash of light. 

Old Eggland

Ken tried to keep up the pace, but dodging gun fire was an entirely new thing to him.  Although, he could see the bullets as if they were slowed down quite a bit, so it made dodging them a whole lot easier.  The only problem was that he had some precious cargo on his back, and dodging every bullet so that not even one would graze his brother was becoming a little hard to handle.  But this is what he had been training for his whole life...so that his brother could rely on him every once in a while. 

"Pointless?  I don't expect soulless organics like you to understand the crimes he has committed, but I will not allow you to interfere.  Disappear!"

"Aw crap...what is it now..."  Ken looked behind him for a brief second, only to notice a barrage of missiles heading for him and Axel.  It seemed that they had come from the other robot that was in much better condition.  He would they possibly avoid all of them?

"Keep moving... I'll handle it."  By the tone of his voice, Ken could tell that Axel had somewhat of an idea.

"Alright...but try not to overdo it okay?"  Each time a missile had come close enough to cause both of them harm, they were merely teleported through space and time just long enough for them to dodge the waves of flame.  Was it chaos control, or just his teleportation that was helping them out.  Whatever it was, it sure was a life saver.  "Say...I thought you needed one of those chaos rubies or whatever to use that?"  

After the onslaught of missiles subsided, they took their time catching their breaths.  These do or die situations in one day were starting to put a toll on his body.  On the other side of the battlefield, he could see the Cat being battered against the floor by the damaged robot.  It was fast...but it being damaged meant that they could destroy him!  As it fired a beam of energy at the undamaged robot, it seemed like it toppled over in a sign of weakness.  Ken pumped his fist.  

"Sweet!  Maybe they'll take each other out!"  However, they'd still need to put in work on the damaged guy.  Looking to his brother, there seemed to be a strange glow about him.  No doubt he was charging chaos force.

"Don't even bother trying to object." Ken smirked.  That was exactly like him.  The cold, brooding loner.  "They need our help..."  Ken nodded.  "Let me worry about our movement. Just do what you do best, and smash 'em!"  In the blink of an eye, Ken and Axel were above the entire battlefield, he could almost touch the ceiling of the giant fortress.  Ken could see it all!  Taking aim, he looked at Mecha.  He smiled and cracked his knuckles.  

"Well...I ain't about to go easy on some deranged power crazed robot now am I?"  He could feel his body unlocking the first chaos gate.  His stomach twisted...it was the second time he had used it today.  "Here I come you bucket of bolts!"  As he descended, he started to spindash, and darted even faster towards Mecha.  As he approached the Robot's head, he stuck one leg out to have it come crashing down on it.  

Zane smirked as he watched the one robot's arm detonate when his icicles lodged themselves into it. Plans seemed to come together now, and it was going good! However, it wasn't good enough. As Zane kept skating off, he looked behind him, seeing the robot zooming past him with Alex in hand. He jumped back, in the nick of time, watching him just zoom away. I-If I didn't dodge that...oh man...things would've gotten ugly... he thought.

Before long, he saw the flung body of Alex heading straight towards him. Zane sighed a bit, before rushing up to meet her half way, before jumping up in the air to catch her. Contact was finally made, as he landed, falling a bit on his back. He groaned, rubbing the back of his head before moving Alex to the side. "B-Best stay put right here for the moment..." he said to her, propping her up beside some rubble, before standing back up.

"THIS IS WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW.... Kill. Assimilate... only the strong will survive in my domain!"

"Sounds like a dull place, actually." Zane spoke up, stretching a bit. Truth be told, he was getting tired. Between this and what happened in Metropolis, he was starting to get burnt out. However, he gazed at the two hedgehogs and how they had this something...he wasn't sure what it was, but they weren't giving up. So neither was he...

Zane exhaled slowly, before quickly moving and skating along the ground again. He watched the one hedgehog leap into the air, his leg going to be crashing down onto the robot. However, the robot was fast...he'd move out of the way...unless... THAT'S IT!!

He smirked as he circled around the back of the robot, and right there he began to freeze the ground that it stood on. This of course, caused ice to form around the robot's feet and legs, before encasing the lower half in a sort of ice prison. "Heh...how about you 'chill' out?" he chuckled, before moving out of the way, giving a thumbs up to the hedgehog.

Alex thought that she had caught the robot off guard, but it was clear that the robot saw her coming . It cut her makeshift weapon in half and also proceeded to grab Alex by the throat. "*Gasp* Let... go you... Gah!!!" Alex tried to free herself from the robot's grip, but it was too late as the robot slammed her down into the ground. Alex's breath was knocked right out of her, but it didn't end there as the robot used its thrusters to drag Alex around at high speed. With pieces of scrap and junk lying around, Alex didn't have a fun time as the robot came to a stop and threw her away as if she were a ragdoll.

Alex was dazed out of mind as her limp body was caught in mid-air by someone. When Alex opened her eyes for a sec she saw that it was Zane. "B-Best stay put right here for the moment..." Zane leaned Alex against some rubble and went to handle the robot along with the hedgehogs. Alex looked at her limp body, it was beaten and bloodied, and she could barely lift her arm up, she was beaten inside and out. "Ugh... this is... a tough mess... you've gotten yourself into Alexandra..." Alex said to herself before passing out from the pain.

"UNIT BEAM!" Mecha's voice boomed as a beam of vibrating yellow energy blasted forth from his chest, colliding with the Chimera and sending the other robot reeling backwards from the searing hot attack. Chimera stood up shakingly... His damage reports were telling him his systems were teetering on the yellow, but he was mostly still in the green. Good, though he doubted he could withstand another direct blast like that.

"HEHEHAHAHAHA!" Chimera looks up as his brother placed his foot atop Metal's head and grabbing the second most powerful Metal Series's arm. Easily yanking the limb off of his already wounded donor, Mecha casted aside the metal shell, the wires in his arm snaking out, assimilating Metal's arm."THIS IS WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW.... Kill. Assimilate... only the strong will survive in my domain!" Chimera quaked his anger. This wasn't what was supposed to happen... This... Wasn't...

Shifting his attention over to Chimera, Mecha Sonic took a step forward and began charging more energy in his chest cavity. "I wonder which of your parts will survive after this... He taunted. "DIE!" His voice was heralded by another beam attack. One large enough to scorch the ground as it traveled towards it's targets and cause the very air around it to sizzle from the sheer amount of heat.

Chimera acted quickly, creating his Black Shield to protect him from the attack. Still, even with the powerful force field up, he was pushed back, and his sensors were warning him about the heat, Mecha was always powerful, but this Unit Beam was something else. After what felt like for another hundred years, the attack relented. Chimera looked up to see the ice organic freeze the lower half of Mecha as another spin dashed from high above and smashed his foot into Mecha's head. Now was his chance.

He clenched his fists, spikes resembling Knuckles the Echidna's popped out, and he dashed at the ground, rearing his fist back. "MECHA!!" He roared as he dashed past all the organics to deliver a punch straight across his brother's smug face. "Why?! WHY DID THEY ALL HAVE TO DIE?!" He used his other fist to punch Mecha in the chest. "YOU THINK THAT'S WHAT FATHER WOULD HAVE WANTED?!" Honestly, Mecha originally was doing Eggman's will: conquer the world. However, he spiraled into madness. He slugged away at him. "WHY DID DOLL HAVE TO DIE? WHY MECHA KNUCKLES?! WHY SILVER?!" Each name was punctuated with a punch, rage igniting his very programming. He drew back his fist, channeling all his available power into it, the limb beginning to spark with energy.

Chimera threw his final punch into Mecha's chest, the resulting blow causing a shockwave to explode from behind Mecha and dent the metal wall behind them. With that, Chimera backed away from his brother. He couldn't stay still for too long, lest he get double teamed by Mecha and the organics.

Old Eggland

BMG

"Well...I ain't about to go easy on some deranged power crazed robot now am I?" His brother taunted as the pair descended on to their target in a high speed spin dash. Closing his eyes, Axel observed as the wolf followed suit and swiftly encased Mecha's lower body before shooting the brothers a thumbs up. 

"Heh...how about you 'chill' out?"

With no way to escape, Mecha made a futile attempt to grab at the skating wolf, though instantly stopped all movement after. The ensuing impact let loose a powerful shockwave that sent both the brother's and Mecha sonic reeling in opposite directions as the ice prison shattered into a hail of glimmering crystals. Though one combatant was not deterred.

"MECHA!!" 

"D-DAMMIT! SCANNERS DAM-AAGED... " Mecha Sonic's voice cracked with interference as he tried his best to block Chimera's fist, nowhere near fast enough to stop the other robot from slugging him in his face.  

"Why?! WHY DID THEY ALL HAVE TO DIE?!" Mecha was rendered helpless, as Chimera began savagely bashing him with his spiked knuckles. Shards of his armor began to take to the air as every hit from his brother caused Mecha's entire body to violently tremble. "YOU THINK THAT'S WHAT FATHER WOULD HAVE WANTED?!" Father? What did it matter what he would have wished? The Doctor had created countless other MS models after Mecha... he didn't care about his creations. They were simply stepping stones for his selfish desires...

"Hehehehehe..." Mecha let loose a weak laugh as Chimera continued to pound him. Was Chimera too blind to realize that he was no more than a tool whilst Eggman was alive? 

"WHY DID DOLL HAVE TO DIE? WHY MECHA KNUCKLES?! WHY SILVER?!" Survival. They had to die so that he could live... so that he could be the one creation that truly survived for it's own agenda. 

"HaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" The crumble husk that had once been Mecha Sonic cackled madly whilst Chimera prepared the final blow. "TO BE SO POWERFUL YET SO FOOLISH..." His flickering gaze locked onto Chimera's eyes as the other bot swung the final punch. "You truly are his greatest puppet. Carrying on his name and fighting for his honor as if you were truly his so-!" He was suddenly silenced by Chimera's fist, as force rag throughout the wall behind him, kicking up a massive cloud of dust.

"Thank you brother... but I think I can handle using legs now." Axel's solemn voice broke the lofty silence that had suddenly crept over the the battlefield. Having been watching the spectacle from atop Ken's back, the white hedgehog slid down to his feet with a grunt before cautiously moving towards Chimera with his hand raised not only as a sign that he meant no harm, but that he was ready to defend himself if necessary. 

"You..." He began as he tried to find the right words. "you're not like him are you?" Though Axel couldn't sense any connection tying this mechanical creature to the Chaos Force, the boy new when he sensed powerful emotion... Unlike the other robot, this machine was... it was hurting. "We're not your enemies. Me and brother ar-" Axel suddenly stopped, shifting his gaze to the cloud of dust that still lingered where Mecha Sonic had been defeated with a look of sheer panic.

But it was too late. Ripping through the curtain of smoke, the partially destroyed body of Mecha sonic approached the group at speeds previously unseen by the worn robot. With one of it's arms rendered completely useless after the beating he had just taken, Mecha opted to simply ram his skull into the chaos manipulating flesh creature, sending his victim rolling away. 

"I-I MAY ALSO BE A PUPPET..." His scanners were completely useless as this point. "BUT..." Activating his beam saber, Mecha rotated his entire body, taking a swipe at the other hedgehog, before abruptly kicking the Mobian in the chest; taking advantage of the initial overly telegraphed first attack. "RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWHHHHH!" Using the last bit of fuel in his thrusters, Mecha blasted off of Ken, colliding with Chimera with a loud metallic clunk. 

"But I can see the strings..." The old bot's voice began to grow raspy as he glared down at his brother, pinning him down with his good hand. "I'll s-urvive long enough to cut tho-those... those strings!" A familiar light began to glow from inside Mecha's chest cavity, and though he had no mouth the grin with, there was a certain smugness to his next words. "UNIT BEAM!" The light grew more vibrant, though instead of the glorious burst of energy that had be released the last time, what followed was a meager explosion that was jsut barely overtook the two robots blasting them a few feet apart.

A somber black smoke was now billowing from Mecha's twisted chest cavity. As he forced himself shakily to his feet, the bot realized he had just blown his core reactor. "One." He choked as he drew his beam saber a final time. "C-Creation..." With a final burst of energy, Mecha leaped forward to engage Chimera a final time. "ONE BROTHER AT A TIME!"

Chimera was not in a good position. Mecha ramming him didn't do much damage, but the damage from the explosion staggered him, and shook some things loose, but otherwise, he was okay. No, the damage was... something else. Puppets? They weren't puppets... were they? He shook his head. No, no... he couldn't have doubt now. Mecha could capitalize on it. He growled as he saw Mecha create his beam saber. 

Despite everything going on... a sense of nostalgia flooded Chimera as he reformatted his arm, the parts retracting and rearranging until they formed a chainsaw, which he used to block the saber. 

"Damn... I still can't beat you...," Chimera was lifting himself off the ground, having been knocked down by Mecha's assault. Mecha simply chuckled as he approached Chimera, offering a hand to him. 

"But of course. Who do you think I am, Metal Sonic?" The taller machine helped his little brother stand up. "You are powerful, Chimera, but you're still green," Chimera blinked, confused.

"I am pretty sure my paint is white," Chimera commented. Mecha shook his head and tapped the side of the younger's bot's head.

"No, I mean you're a novice... an amateur... but that's something that will be fixed with time...," Mecha chuckled and stared off into the distance. "Yes... and then we can use our power to change the world... to make it a world for Badniks...," Chimera had to admit, it sounded wonderful. And heck, that's what Father wanted to, right? 

"Mecha, we'll... we'll all be family still... even if Father passes, right?" The Doctor had... well, between dangerous experiments and bouts of sickness, the robots were worried he may pass on before he could see the glorious world he wanted to create.

"Of course," Mecha rubbed Chimera's head. "Now, go on, you should get a check up after that beating I gave you," Chimera chuckled as he walked off... unaware this was the last time he would see his family for two hundred years.

How did everything change so much? How was the stern but gentle leader Mecha once was degrade into the monster he saw before him? At first, he wanted to destroy Mecha, to pound him into metal fragments, but as the fight dragged on... did he want to lose his mentor? At last, he came to a decision.

"Mecha... that arm's not yours," He growled as he pushed back at Mecha, throwing him off and starting the chainsaw. He swung, the sound of metal ripping through metal as it dug into the arm he stole from Metal, tearing it off. He looked into his brother's eyes as he started his next speech. The words tumbled out, but he hoped they would make it through.

"I wish I could be the one who could finally show the way. I wish I was the one that knew just what to say. But I'm not. I'm not some hero, or a machine that gives others hope..." He approached Mecha slowly. "Just know Mecha... despite everything...," He wrapped an arm around his brother before stabbing the chainsaw through Mecha's stomach. "... I still love you brother...," He tore the chainsaw down his body before swinging it horizontally, separating Mecha's head from his body.

Chimera felt something fill inside of him. He wasn't sure what it was... but despite it filling him... he felt hollow. Holding out his hand, he caught Mecha's head in it. There was a way to save him... although, he wasn't sure if it would work. He turned, walking past the organics, headed back to his pod. This could work. He looked at the one organic that tried to talk to him as he passed.

"No... I am not like him," was all he said as he headed off. He would try to save the remainder of his family. 

Old Eggland

With the assistance of the wolf, Ken was able to strike a devastating blow atop of the robots head.  However, he was knocked away once again.  The robot definitely had some fight left in him.  Sadly, all Ken could do in the moment was hold onto his brother.  

"Thank you brother... but I think I can handle using legs now." 

Axel climbed off of Ken's back, and edged his way closer to the robot that they had been wary of this whole time.  Ken reached out for his brother's arm, but knew it would prove futile.  He retracted it instead.  Instead, the robot unleashed an onslaught of blows on the other, spouting harsh words as he did.  The other replied slowly, as it was receiving heavy fists to vital parts.  This battle was truly intense.  

"You...you're not like him are you?  We're not your enemies. Me and brother ar-"

As he was trying to make peace, the dust cleared and Mecha had reappeared with a vengeance.  He rammed into Axel, and Ken could hear the cracking of bones from his position.  He tried desperately to move his body to try and catch Axel, but he was caught off guard when the Robot made it's way to him.  It swung it's arm, attached with a sword of sorts, and dodged it.  He was met with a kick in the guts, and was rebounded off of.  When he finally managed to pick himself up, it was the other robot that had gained the upper hand.  With a chainsaw attached to one hand, and Mecha in the other, he spoke.

"Just know Mecha... despite everything..... I still love you brother..."

As the robot mentioned that Mecha was his brother, it was though a string was tugging at Ken.  The string resonated as it swung back and forth.  Was the robot like him.  As the robot plunged its chainsaw into the other's chest, Ken looked away.  If he were in the same position, he might've not been able to do the same thing.  As the light in Mecha's eyes faded, the battle had finally come to a close...or had it?  They all weren't so sure that the other robot was on the same kind of warpath...after all he did fire at them as well.  Ken slowly walked to the other robot, his teeth gritted and a hand placed over his bruised stomach.  

"You really aren't like him huh...I could hear the pain in your voice."  Ken's voice was shaky too.  It was a miracle he had the strength to speak at all.  "It must have been hard to do that...it must be hard to know that this place is so banged up because of him.  But that doesn't mean you can't like...rebuild right?"  Ken looked around...all the others were hurt as well, especially the cat.  "But you can't rebuild if there's not a world left."  Ken pointed towards Chimera.  "You're strong...very strong.  It'd be awesome i-if you could join my brother and I...we're going to try and save it all."  With a weary smile, Ken dropped to a knee.  He had finally collapsed from how tired he was.  

Would the robot come to understand what he was trying to say?  Or would he and the others fall victim to the harsh and cold steel.  

Chimera stared at the head he held in his hand, as if staring hard enough would give him answers... Was it a virus...? Loneliness...? What drove Mecha to do what he did? He let out the robotic equivalent of a sigh. Sometimes, other robots were just an mystery, one not meant to be solved. The bright side was that because Mecha was not on the verge of shutdown before he was killed, he wasn't dead, like Metal would have been... Instead, he was more of in a coma... What should he do with him...?

"You really aren't like him huh...I could hear the pain in your voice." Chimera heard another voice, one belonging to a different hedgehog speak out to him. "It must have been hard to do that...it must be hard to know that this place is so banged up because of him. But that doesn't mean you can't like...rebuild right?" Rebuild...? He could... Couldn't he...? He looked around. Maybe he wasn't the leader Metal was, or the powerhouse Mecha was... But he could build... "But you can't rebuild if there's not a world left." Ken pointed towards Chimera as Chimera stared. Why was the world coming to a end this time? Chaos released? The ARK crashing into the Earth? ... Werehogs? "You're strong...very strong. It'd be awesome i-if you could join my brother and I...we're going to try and save it all."

Chimera watched as the hedgehog dropped to his knee. Should he join these obviously inferior organics..,? No... That's why he needed to join. They wanted to save the world when they couldn't stand against Mecha in base form? They were going to need all the help they could get.

"Alright... I will join you," he stated simply. "I am MS-11 Chimera,"

-BGM-

Zane stood back, hunched over as he put his hands on his knees, just watching how everything went down as he began to breathe heavily. The combination of what occurred in Metropolis and what took place right here...it was obvious he burned a lot of energy.

Speaking of burn...

B-Better go check on Alex... Zane thought, slowly moving as he looked at the cat, seeing her still unconscious. He sighed before picking up the cat and tossing her on his back. His gaze turned towards the one hedgehog and the remaining robot, it seeming the two of them were conversing. However, Zane could see the second hedgehog on the ground, apparently knocked for a loop.

The arctic wolf began to move towards the hedgehog, placing Alex down nearby him. "Hey...hey you alright?" Zane asked the hedgehog, before glancing up to look at the robot and the other hedgehog.

"You're strong...very strong. It'd be awesome i-if you could join my brother and I...we're going to try and save it all."

"Alright... I will join you. I am MS-11 Chimera."

"Okay so...hey!" Zane waved at the two, giving off a nervous smile. "Three things...first, is the robot cool? Like...not going to kill us? And second...where are we? Annnnnd third...what was this about world saving?"

Old Eggland

"No... I am not like him,"

Axel looked up at the remaining robot as it began to walk away. Struggling to bring himself to his feet, the white hedgehog listened to Ken as he tried to convince the bot to join their cause. "Perhaps it was better to leave that sort of thing to him..." He scoffed. "My soft hearted brother."

"Hey...hey you alright?" The wolf's voice caused him to turn to the right. Nodding slightly, Axel managed to take a knee before responding. "Yea, this is nothing." His voice was as stoic as ever as he inspected the wolf up close for the first time. Even if the other mobian was probably in the best shape out of all of them, Axel could tell that he was still very much worn out. Glancing down to the cat that had been placed at his side, he noted that she too looked worn for wear... Had they also just came from a battle before Silver had teleported them? "Where did you two co-" He began but silenced himself upon sensing a massive source of chaos energy.

"What? So close too!" Axel was unable to maintain his composure as he began shifting his gaze around the room to locate the source. Could it be an another enemy?! Using all of his remaining strength to leap to his feet, the white hedgehog's eyes settled on the bag that Silver had gifted to him, torn open from the last attack he had suffered from Mecha Sonic. "Father..." peering down at the object that sat a few inches away from the what was left of the bag, Axel found himself thinking of Silver once again.

"I think it is about time I gave you this. Consider it a representation of the progress you've made, and how proud I am of you..." The old hedgehog's words seemed to be in the wind as it blew past his students back.

"You said you scattered them across the planet years ago." Axel mumbled to the memory of his master as he slowly trudged over to the glimmering object. "I should have known not to believe you... damned sly old man." Tears to flow down his face yet again, he slowly reached down and grabbed the grey gem that was meant to be a gift. A wave a calming energy seemed to flow throughout his body upon making contact with the artifact, confirming is suspicion and causing him to smirk weakly. "A Chaos Emerald."

"Okay so...hey! Three things...first, is the robot cool? Like...not going to kill us? And second...where are we? Annnnnd third...what was this about world saving?"

"Father told us stories about a place such as this, remember Ken?" Axel called out to the group behind him. "Mechanical Mobians that resemble the old heros, and a palace made from metal... this is the lair Doctor Robotnik." Drying his eyes with the back of his hand, Axel turned to face the others whilst holding the chaos emerald up to his side. "In regards to the danger we face... it seems that a creature of pure evil has somehow been set free; Mephiles the Dark has returned and if this is anything like the stories Silver told us, he intends to reawakening Iblis," Analyzing the faces of those gathered, Axel limped to Ken's side before painfully pulling his brother up so that he could lean on him. "We can't let that happen."

Alex could feel her senses slowly coming back as she was lifted off the ground by Zane. It felt like days had passed since she was knocked unconscious, guess that's how it feels when you get completely destroyed by a raging mechanical monster. Zane moved towards one of the hedgehogs before laying Alex back down, she just needed a minute to catch her breath, Alex slowly lifted herself up, not having enough strength yet she had to lean on some rubble to support her.

One of the hedgehogs seemed to be in a bit of a panic for a minute before taking an object from a torn bag that was beside him, tears seemed to be in his eyes as he took the object in hand. When she got a better look at it, Alex's eyes widened at the sight of it, a dark blue gem with a mysterious aura around it, Alex wondered how much she could get with a gem of that size and beauty. Putting her thievery aside for the moment, Alex listened in to what the others were talking about.

"Okay so...hey! Three things...first, is the robot cool? Like...not going to kill us? And second...where are we? Annnnnd third...what was this about world saving?" Decent questions all around but the saving the world part caught Alex's attention. "In regards to the danger we face... it seems that a creature of pure evil has somehow been set free; Mephiles the Dark has returned and if this is anything like the stories Silver told us, he intends to reawakening Iblis, We can't let that happen." Wait, what?!?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, uhhh... could you repeat that? "Saving the world"? That doesn't sound alright to me, and what's this we part? I didn't sign up for this, I was dragged into this, I have better things to do than play hero with you people, so unless you have a good reason why I should stay, I'm leaving." Alex may of sound harsh in these regards, but seeing what she's been through, she couldn't trust anyone, especially after witnessing so much destruction. "Gah... I'm going to take a look around this scrap heap, maybe there's something valuable around here..." Alex got off the rubble she was leaning against and slowly limped away to look around the ruined fortress. Maybe something would catch her eye, but she knew one thing, she had to get her hands on that gem, she could make a small fortune just off it.

Old Eggland

"Alright... I will join you. I am MS-11 Chimera."

A visible reaction was seen on Ken's face right away, and he pumped his fist in victory.  He had persuaded a once evil robot to join the cause.  Now it was time to rally up everyone else to make sure they were on Team Save Mobius as well!

"You said you scattered them across the planet years ago.  I should have known not to believe you... damned sly old man." 

Ken looked to his brother, and could see the tears rolling down his cheeks.  And he said that Ken was the emotional one.  He looked to Axel's hand to see a grey chaos emerald.  Silver's last gift to his son.  He wondered what was in his bag, so he took it out of his pocket and unwrapped it.  A small, golden medallion stared him straight in the face.  He scratched his head...surely it held more significance than an artifact of ancient power.  

"Father told us stories about a place such as this, remember Ken?"

"Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm..."  Ken searched the deepest realms of his brain to come up with the answer, but his brother had done that for him quite quickly.  

"Mechanical Mobians that resemble the old heros, and a palace made from metal... this is the lair Doctor Robotnik." 

Ken nodded his head as if he knew it all along.  

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, uhhh... could you repeat that? "Saving the world"? That doesn't sound alright to me, and what's this we part? I didn't sign up for this, I was dragged into this, I have better things to do than play hero with you people, so unless you have a good reason why I should stay, I'm leaving."

Ken was quite shocked from the Cat's reaction...of course she had been brought her against her will and was beaten pretty badly.  Ken made sure to catch up with the cat before she could get much distance.  

"Hey!  Cat Woman!  I totally understand how you feel...this fight was rough and I bet you've never experienced anything like it...but if we don't have all the help we can get...this world is going to end."  The girl talked about making a quick buck...so maybe that was a way to persuade her further.  "Think of it this way...if you save the world, you'll become famous and have all the world's riches at your fingertips!  You won't have to steal anymore!"  Ken winked at her.  "Just food for thought."  He raced back over towards the main group and smiled.  "So..if we're doing this, I guess introductions are in order!  We already met Chimera, so let's meet each other!"  Ken wrangled his brother with his arm and pulled him in close.  "We're the coolest twins in all of Mobius!  My name's Ken, and this is Axel!"  

-BGM-

"Yea, this is nothing."

"Good...at least you aren't too injured." Zane gave off a small smile and a thumbs up. He watched as this hedgehog moved towards a bag, as he rummaged through the contents. However, something eventually got him to turn back around, seeing something glean out of the corner of his eye. The hedgehog was now holding a grey gem.

"A Chaos Emerald."

"W-Whoa...a what?" Zane blinked, looking at the gem that was in the hedgehog's hand. The name sounded familiar to him...but he shrugged it off for the moment. Mainly hearing more conversations developing.

"Mechanical Mobians that resemble the old heros, and a palace made from metal... this is the lair Doctor Robotnik."

"Dr. Robotnik? That egg-guy from history?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. Zane knew all about that old psychotic genius, due to his run in with the original Arctic Freedom Fighters, back when his ancestor Guntiver the Arctic Wolf ran the show. "Well, it would definitely explain the reason why it looks so...egg themed around here. Damn, my family wasn't kidding...especially when old Guntiver wrote about him."

"In regards to the danger we face... it seems that a creature of pure evil has somehow been set free; Mephiles the Dark has returned and if this is anything like the stories Silver told us, he intends to reawakening Iblis. We can't let that happen."

Once more, a familiar name was heard: Silver. Zane remembered Guntiver's writings about his days as an Arctic Freedom Fighter. And it mentioned the name "Silver" when he talked about stopping the Eggman's forces. He planned to ask a question, but he was cut off again.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, uhhh... could you repeat that? "Saving the world"? That doesn't sound alright to me, and what's this we part? I didn't sign up for this, I was dragged into this, I have better things to do than play hero with you people, so unless you have a good reason why I should stay, I'm leaving."

"Hey!  Cat Woman!  I totally understand how you feel...this fight was rough and I bet you've never experienced anything like it...but if we don't have all the help we can get...this world is going to end. Think of it this way...if you save the world, you'll become famous and have all the world's riches at your fingertips!  You won't have to steal anymore!"

That was a good point...from both ends. Alex was a thief...nothing really more. And this hedgehog, well, he truly knew nothing about him. And being famous wouldn't exactly be a bad thing. Even though this was geared toward the cat, Zane shrugged it off.

"So..if we're doing this, I guess introductions are in order!  We already met Chimera, so let's meet each other! We're the coolest twins in all of Mobius!  My name's Ken, and this is Axel!"

"Hey...I see that 'cool' pun ya did there." Zane said, shaking his head some. "Well, heads up...I'm the guy with most of the 'chilly' puns around here. Either way, I'm Zane. Originally from the Tundra but moved to Metropolis." The wolf held his hand up and waved it some. "Now question...Silver...he an ivory furred guy? If so...miiiiight be the same guy my ancestor had aiding the Arctic Freedom Fighters." Zane then nodded for a moment. "Oh! And why the heck am I exactly here instead of Metropolis? Cauuuuse we had a bloody problem there...literally...dark lookin' hedgehogs everywhere."

Alex barely got any distance from the group when one of the hedgehogs stopped her, even injured those things are quick on their feet. "Hey!  Cat Woman!  I totally understand how you feel...this fight was rough and I bet you've never experienced anything like it...but if we don't have all the help we can get...this world is going to end." Cat Woman... well she hasn't even told them her name but still, and the idea of the world being destroyed didn't appeal to her either, but how's a rag tag group of people going to do against a seemingly invincible enemy? "Think of it this way...if you save the world, you'll become famous and have all the world's riches at your fingertips!  You won't have to steal anymore! Just food for thought." Now what would she have to gain from being famous? As far as she knew, she technically was already famous, for being a thief, but still, though the riches part did sound tempting.

"Hmmm... I'll think on that, oh and my name is Alexandra, not Cat Woman, just FYI." And with that Alex went back to looking through the scrapped fortress. After walking a bit, she began to get a good look at her injuries, lots of scrapes and bruises, nothing her powers couldn't fix, but her leg did seem a bit twisted, she also noticed her cloak had been completely torn apart from the battle, so it was apparent to everyone now that she did indeed have no left arm. "Tch... what's the point hiding it, it doesn't matter now," Alex thought to herself, "If these people were smart enough, especially that wolf, they would get the jump on me and just turn me in, as messed up as it is now, Metropolis would definitely consider taking me in, what's my bounty at again, 15, 20K, they would appreciate that much money."

As Alex reminisced about her life back Metropolis, she got on her knees and started searching through a big scrap pile. "There's got to be something valuable in this scrap heap, there's just got to be."

Chimera heard a few keywords, ones that caused his processors to go into overdrive. They had a Chaos Emerald? Silver? Could it be...?

"Chaos Emerald," Chimera stated. "The Chaos Emeralds' background are shrouded in mystery. They have been around for several millennia, even predating the Master Emerald, which has existed since before recorded time, and have played a large role in numerous events. The Chaos Emeralds' power has been passed down into legend, and the power of all seven brought together has been described from the emergence of a mysterious power to no less than a miracle," He droned. He had to make sure to cross reference the Master Emerald. He doubted these people knew about it.

"Master Emerald," He added. "A massive green emerald and a mystical relic of immeasurable power from the forgotten past. Created by the gods, the Master Emerald acts as a counter to the Chaos Emeralds. The one who controls the Master Emerald can nullify and control the Chaos Emeralds. However, it seems to be on par to the power of the Super Emeralds," Well, seems like he had to talk about that as well.

"Super Emeralds," He looked bored... if a robot could look bored... as he spoke of these. "Not much more are known about them, only that they can transform people something dubbed a 'Hyper Form', however, there is only one recorded time anyone was able to obtain this form," Well, that was all the info on the different emeralds... well, minus Sol, but those shouldn't matter.

"Silver... two possible definitions... Silver Sonic and Silver the Hedgehog. Silver Sonic unlikely... pulling up info on Silver the Hedgehog," His eyes glowed as he spoke. "Time Travelling Hedgehog from unspecified point in time. Running theories on origin include son of Shadow the Hedgehog, or just being formed from a baby blob. Powers include Telekinesis and ability to tap into Chaos Force. Threat Level: High. Counter: Convince Metal to use Chaos Control and kick in the back of the head. Additional notes: would looking cool with purple hair and a sword," He looked over to Alex.

"As for you, yes, this is the glorious land of Eggman, also known as Dr. Ivo Robotnik. While there are many priceless discoveries of science and robotics here, it is not something you organics will truly appreciate. You all love your nature far too much. Unless the Doctor has hidden an emerald around these grounds, I highly doubt anything of monetary value will be found," He looked to the skies. "We should move. I have discovered there are old Badniks around here that have lost all since of reason. If we are surrounded, or, Chaos forbid, found by a big one, we would not be in a condition to win. Let's get moving,"

"Silver, was our mentor." Axel finally spoke up after the robot finished it's info dump. Shifting his gaze to his brother who still held him in a bearhug, Axel casually poked Ken in his bruised ribs before sliding out of his grasp. 

"And in regards to what you say happened to Metropolis and why you're here..." The white hedgehog began as he closed his eyes and reached out to the force. Something was definitely wrong, but even from where they were, Axel could tell that whatever Mephiles was doing had already caused a major disturbance. "The dark hedgehogs you speak of are Mephiles's minions. They're called Shades, and Silver once said that their very presence is enough to infect all life in an area..." Opening his eyes he shifted his gaze to Zane. "He's probably either looking for Iblis or the chaos emeralds as we speak, and Metroplis was simply collateral damage." His words may have seemed harsh, but honesty was the only thing that Axel knew.  

Sighing deeply, he turned to Alex with a small hint of disgust as she continued to dig through the scrap. "In his final moments, Silver told us that he would gather reinforcements for Ken and I so that we could face Mephiles... You two must have been the only ones he could dig up in such a hurry." Axel made no attempt to hide is disappointment regarding the matter, instead moving to Chimera's side. 

"You're right, we need to get moving." He glanced suspiciously around the scrapheap before putting away the chaos emerald that he still held in his left hand. "Theres too much... interference here, and I can't properly tap into the chaos force. Lead us to the exit so that I can try see if I can locate the rest of the emeralds before Mephiles does." 

Old Eggland

Ken nodded as names were called off.  The two brother's tag along's would be Alex, Zane, and Chimera.  As Axel elbowed him in the ribs, he let go of the tight grip on his brother, and he explained to the others what was going on.  There seemed to be a glimmer of resentment in his brothers eyes towards their new found comrades.  If Ken hated any one thing about his brother...it was that he looked down on people.  He even received that look from Axel from time to time.  He shrugged it off, and watched him stride towards Chimera.    

"You're right, we need to get moving.  Theres too much... interference here, and I can't properly tap into the chaos force. Lead us to the exit so that I can try see if I can locate the rest of the emeralds before Mephiles does." 

"You think that's Mephiles' plan?  To gather all the emeralds?"  Ken's fist tightened.  "That won't happen!  We can't allow it!"  He looked to the robot with a calm demeanor, but a ferocious fire burning in his eyes.  "Axel said this place was an island...if that's so, then do you know a way off it at all?  After all this used to be your home.  You gotta know how to at least leave it, am I right?"  Any way off this island would be preferable.  After all, if they couldn't even leave an island, how were they supposed to even put a stop to Mephiles' plans.  

While Alex was clawing through the junk piles that littered the egg fortress floor, she would flinch as a barrage of sparks grazed her fur.  From the pile of junk, she'd hear a faint voice.  

"Feed....me...." it called out.  Upon pulling what was emanating the voice out of the rubbel, she'd find a small robot with a compartment that opened and closed very slowly.  It managed to whir the fan on the bottom of its body, and make its way over to some metal scrap that it was trapped under.  It took in the scrap into it's compartment, and harsh crunching noises rattled the inside of the robot.  The robot turned to Alex.  "Re-configuring junk material into....usable weapons fit for a badnik...."  The robot then spit out several flashy, and partly rusty, knives in front of Alex.  The robot continued to hover around Alex, as if it was seeking a purpose, or a master.  

IsOSufc.png

Solar Temple

"M-Master..."  The voice almost trembled.  "What is our next move?"

A slight laughter could be heard throughout the hollow temple chamber.  

"Why...we have a family reunion of course!  You must track down Iblis...surely you can sense his presence on this pathetic planet."  

Mephiles cleared his throath.  "About that...." he stammered, "I haven't been able to sense his presence since I have awakened.  It's surely the work of the guardians that hold Iblis prisoner.  Whatever it is, it must be a very powerful seal if I'm not able to sense him."

"It matters not...send your shades to every corner of Mobius...stealthily.  We don't want the masses to find out we're making another move.  If they do, they might seal Iblis away where neither you or I could reach him!  As for the chaos emeralds...how goes that search."  

"With all those shades I summoned for our genocidal first step, I'll have to recharge before I myself search for the emeralds.  It may take some time...I haven't stretched myself that far since I fought the old heroes."  There was a silence.  The fire that seemingly sat in the throne looked to be pondering.  

"Very well...we shall bide our time in the shade...for now."

Zane heard both the looooooong exposition by Chimera on multiple information and ramblings regarding Chaos Emeralds, a Master Emerald, Super Emeralds, and even Silver the Hedgehog.

"Time traveler? Hedgehog? Yeah...definitely sounds like what Guntiver wrote about..." Zane nodded slightly. He couldn't believe it. That was one of the "legendary" heroes of old Mobius and these two hedgehogs called him mentor. He was a bit skeptical about it...but he shrugged it off nevertheless.

"And in regards to what you say happened to Metropolis and why you're here...The dark hedgehogs you speak of are Mephiles' minions. They're called Shades, and Silver once said that their very presence is enough to infect all life in an area...He's probably either looking for Iblis or the chaos emeralds as we speak, and Metropolis was simply collateral damage."

"Collateral damage? What the hell is wrong with him?!" the arctic wolf shouted, running his hands over his head some. "Look, I don't know much about any Iblis or these emeralds, but that guy slaughtered pretty much the entire city...and he was laughing!" he said, his one hand clenching to a fist as he thought about the last scenes he saw before ending up here.

"You're right, we need to get moving. Theres too much... interference here, and I can't properly tap into the chaos force. Lead us to the exit so that I can try see if I can locate the rest of the emeralds before Mephiles does."

Zane was quiet after he said what he did, only to finally clear his throat. "Hey. If you guys are trying to stop this Mephi...whatever the hell his name is...then I'm helping." he said, before a small smirk appeared on his face. "After all...I'd probably be doing my ancestor an injustice by just sitting around when there's someone that needs to be stopped from terrorizing Mobius." Zane spoke, with a strong determination, before glancing over at Alex. "What about you, Alex? You gonna go back to Metropolis and help out our dingo friend?"

Archived