Sonic the Hedgehog: Solar Tides [IC/Accepting]

Mr. Hyde

Mobian Sea: Egg Carrier

"Well unless you guys have something else up your sleeves, we might as well pack it up now!" 

"You aren't wrong though, Alex. Me and my brother were trained by Silver, and it would be shameful if we were to let something as trivial as this impede our progress.. When you guys met us, we had expended a large amount of our power fighting off Mephiles's shades... Ken, show them."

As Zane was explaining the situation, Ken was already stretching his arms and legs in the corner of the cockpit.  He closed his eyes and smiled, as he gave one more big stretch upwards.  

"We aren't packing anything up Zane....truth be told, I don't give up that easily!"  Ken ran out of the cockpit and out of the hallway.  Almost getting lost on the way, he managed to find a door that led to the outside of the ship.  As he made his way to the front deck of the Egg Carrier, he could plainly see the giant whirlpool that was indeed impeding their progress.  "Cut the engine Chimera, wait til this all gets handled!" Ken shouted towards the cockpit windows.  Ken looked over the deck.  His nerves finally caught up with him as he stared into the dark depths of the Mobian Sea.  "Well...better get a move on then!"  Ken jumped high into the air, and prepared to dive into the water below.  

As he breached the surface, he could already feel the tugging force of the whirlpool place a strain on his body.  Ken smiled as he swam straight towards the center of the giant rushing siphon of water.  As he was brought into the spiral, he made sure to figure out which way he was going to need to swim, so he stayed still.  He noticed the whirl was going counter clockwise.  

"In that case..."  Ken started stroking clockwise, kicking his feet as fast as they would go.  Somehow, he started moving fast against the current, hoping to counteract the whirlpools own strength to mellow out the waters.  As if the whirlpool itself were alive, it seemed to put up even more resistance as Ken swam against the currents.  "THIS AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT AN INTENSE WORKOUT!"  Ken shouted, as he unlocked the first Chaos Inhibitor.  Water sloshed around as he ferociously swam through the water.  

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!"  Ken roared.  He was now rapidly encircling the whirlpool, causing it to shift its rotation, and collapse in upon itself.  Ken once again breached the surface of the sea, but with a triumphant smile on his face.  One couldn't tell if he was sweating, or if it was just him being wet.  

Suddenly, Kens face went beneath sea level.  He wasn't seen for quite some time, but one could tell there was a commotion beneath the surface.  When Ken returned to the surface, he floated unconscious.  A giant pillar of water erupted from beneath him, and arced its path right onto the Egg Carrier Deck.  When the water cleared, a blue robot held Ken's vest's collar in his hand.  It's mechanical voice echoed throughout the deck, cold and lifeless, like the water it came from.

"You are trespassing...and therefore are considered hostile...I urge you to turn back at once...or you will be dealt with accordingly." 

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You are trespassing...and therefore are considered hostile...I urge you to turn back at once...or you will be dealt with accordingly." 

Axel's eyes narrowed at the sight of the robot emerging from the ocean with his brother in it's clutches. "Ken!" Before anyone could stop him, Axel vanished in a flash of blue light, reappearing at the the robot's side with a Chaos Blade clutched tightly in both hands. 

"Get off him!" Axel snarled at the machine whilst swinging the blade towards the side of it's head in a hasty attempt to behead the aquatic android. Blocking the slash with it's forearm, Charyb shifted it's metallic gaze to the right to allow it's scanners sweep over the new biological creature as sparks began to take to the air as the blade of chaos energy vibrated violently against it's moist armor.  

"Sensing a troubling amount of chaos energy..." The robot's cold monotone echoed across the deck again, as it observed Axel further. "I told you to let go..." Axel met the robot's scanners with a cold glare before violently swinging his knee up towards Charyb's stomach, only to have it blocked by the robot's own knee, mirroring his attack. Though Axel wasn't through yet, and just as his knee collided his opposition's, he ripped one hand off of his blade and formed a small sphere of blue energy. Thrusting chaos based attack towards the robot's face, Axel watched with satisfaction as Charyb was forced to release it's grip on Ken's vest in order bring prepare a hasty guard. 

His objective complete, Axel immediately broke off from the power struggle; leaping up and grabbing his brother before warping them both to safety across the deck and back to the cockpit. "Brother, are you alright?" His voice was full of concern as he took knee to peer down at Ken.

Meanwhile, Charyb had already turned his attention to the rest of the ship's crew. "Reveal yourself at once. I will not ask again..." It called up towards the cock-pit of the vessel before raising it's slightly damaged right arm. Heeding Charyb's call, a large wave slowly rose up from the ocean, moving so that it hung directly over the ship's deck before coming to an unnatural halt.  Standing in the shadow of the torrent of water that loomed dangerously close to the ship, Charyb awaited the crew's reply. 

"You aren't wrong though, Alex. Me and my brother were trained by Silver, and it would be shameful if we were to let something as trivial as this impede our progress. When you guys met us, we had expended a large amount of our power fighting off Mephiles's shades... Ken, show them."

Chimera was instantly intrigued. They were weakened when they fought Mecha? Interesting... Very interesting indeed. But would they stack up to the hero's of old? The ones he was supposed to destroy?

"We aren't packing anything up Zane....truth be told, I don't give up that easily!" Ken ran out of the cockpit, soon standing outside. "Cut the engine Chimera, wait til this all gets handled!" Ken shouted towards the cockpit windows. Chimera complied, shutting down the engines and watching. What would Ken do to counter this mighty force of nature? "Well...better get a move on then!" Ken jumped high into the air, landing in the water and began to ran.

It was impressive to say the least. He managed to run so fast that he counteracted the vortex and made the seas calm again. However, Chimera noticed something off. Ken had a burst of speed, but it wasn't like Sonic's natural boost. It was as if... He was like Shadow, only able to reach this level because of an inhibitor unleashed. If that was a good or bad thing, only time would tell.

However, Ken was dragged underwater, disappearing beneath the surface. Axel seemed very worried, especially when a blue robot burst from the ocean, riding a wave.

"You are trespassing...and therefore are considered hostile...I urge you to turn back at once...or you will be dealt with accordingly." Whatever this robot was, it was not an Eggman Unit, nor GUN. That only left a few options left, and it did not look like Eggman Nega's robot, Metal Sonic 3.0.

Chimera mused over the threat. Well, he was just protecting his territory, and he was being perfectly reasonable. He didn't kill Ken, and he was asking decently politely for a killer robot. Perhaps Chimera could speak with him, and they could gain a potential ally...

Or Axel could warp outside and attack the robot.

"Idiotic Meatbag!" Chimera cried out in pure frustration before he took off, headed outside. He had to try to calm the raging sea bot before things got worse. Were those two so cocky as to believe they could face off against a robot that commanded the seas themselves... while in the sea?!

As he climbed outside, he began to scan the robot. It was not an Eggman bot, but E-121 Phi bore a great resemblance to it... And Phi was based off the Gizords... Chimera did not have much data on those, but they were like ghost stories around the Eggman Empire, being the only kind of robots more advanced than Eggman robots. They apparently even frightened Mecha and Metal, two of Eggman's most powerful robots. If there was even a one percent chance this was one of them...

Chimera approach slowly and hopefully respectfully. Thankfully, Axel and Ken warped back inside, so this might actually work.

"Reveal yourself at once. I will not ask again..."

"You must excuse the organics," Chimera called out from his position on the hull. "They are impulsive," That was no lie, if what had transpired any indication. "I am MS-11 Chimera, one of the few remaining creations of the late and great Doctor Robotnik," It was always polite to introduce yourself first. "I am the one that had piloted this vessel, and due to only being recently awakened, my knowledge of this new world is limited. We do not wish to trespass, only to find an artifact known as a Chaos Emerald to stop a being known as Mephiles from destroying the entire world, for both organics and robots,"

So far, it seemed to be going well. He had not lied, and everything could be chalked up to a simple mistake from a robot that was lacking knowledge, something easily fixed. "If you can perhaps download a map of the area so I may know where your territory lies, I promise you, I will do my best to avoid crossing into your waters again," Always needed to allow a margin of error. You never know what could happen. He only hoped his calm reason would help them get through without a fight.

"We aren't packing anything up Zane....truth be told, I don't give up that easily!"

Zane was both puzzled and surprised at Ken's response to him, but before he could ask what he was planning, the hedgehog was already gone and out on the deck of the carrier. This guy...he must be really crazy...or got a pretty good plan. he thought, before seeing what transpired next.

Before the arctic wolf knew it, Ken was swimming around IN the whirlpool. His mouth was left agape as he watched how it was actually working. "W-Whoa...this guy...he's something else!" Zane finally said, before chuckling. "I dare say he's even cooler than me!" Truth be told, it wasn't just amazement he was feeling, but a little bit of jealousy. He knew Ken and Axel were trained by one of the old heroes and whether he was a descendant of one himself, it meant little to actually be trained by one.

Zane was brought back to reality as he heard this robotic monotone voice, seeing a blue robot now fighting against Ken and Axel. Another bot? Jeez...they seem to be coming out of the woodwork! he thought, seeing Chimera heading out to settle this calmly. However...

"Reveal yourself at once. I will not ask again..."

"Alright...hang tight guys. Alex, don't do anything crazy...it's rainy." Zane said, seeing Ken and Axel warping back in, heading out of the cockpit as he made his way out towards Chimera. He wasn't going to fight...not yet. He thought it best to be out there for support. And besides...the conditions fit him just right at the moment...

"You must excuse the organics. They are impulsive."

"That's hurtful, C." the arctic wolf said, approaching Chimera and the blue robot. "As I recall you were trying to kick our tails when we first met...ALONG with Mecha." he laughed, only putting his hands up slightly, not doing anything. "Anyway...totally harmless, uhhh...whatever your name or model number is. Jeez ya think they would come with a name tag or something."

"You aren't wrong though, Alex. Me and my brother were trained by Silver, and it would be shameful if we were to let something as trivial as this impede our progress. When you guys met us, we had expended a large amount of our power fighting off Mephiles's shades... Ken, show them." So the twins had more power than they were letting on, interesting. Before Alex knew it, Ken had jumped from the deck of the Carrier and started swimming against the whirlpool, in fact, he started swimming so fast that the whirlpool started to die down.

"W-Whoa...this guy...he's something else! I dare say he's even cooler than me!" Alex would be lying if she said she wasn't impressed, even Zane was awe struck at this hedgehog's power. But before anyone could celebrate, Ken was dragged under the water by something, a few seconds later, a blue robot emerged from the water and landed on the deck with Ken in its grasp. "You are trespassing...and therefore are considered hostile...I urge you to turn back at once...or you will be dealt with accordingly."

"You have got to be kidding me, another mechanical menace!" Alex was about done with this whole robot threat. "Reveal yourself at once. I will not ask again..." At the robot's threat, a giant wall of water appeared aiming at the cockpit of the ship. "W-well... I dealt with situations like this back at Metropolis, but never did I have to deal with a freaking crazy robot who can wield water..." Alex was more afraid of the large wave that was pointed right at her and Zane. "Alright...hang tight guys. Alex, don't do anything crazy...it's rainy." Crazy? Well in that case Alex would keep her mouth shut about what she was planning to do when Metropolis was under attack. "I can handle a bit of rain thank you, if we can just get out of here without drowning to death by the hands of a robot I'll be fine." Alex exited the cockpit along with Zane but not before putting her knives away so the robot wouldn't see them. "Ok, can we just not get in a big fight please? I've had enough of those for a long while."

"You must excuse the organics," The robot amongst the ship's crew spoke up. "They are impulsive, I am MS-11 Chimera, one of the few remaining creations of the late and great Doctor Robotnik." As if the ship's horrid design wasn't a clear indication of who created it. "I am the one that had piloted this vessel, and due to only being recently awakened, my knowledge of this new world is limited. We do not wish to trespass, only to find an artifact known as a Chaos Emerald to stop a being known as Mephiles from destroying the entire world, for both organics and robots," As suspected, they were looking for the chaos emeralds... "If you can perhaps download a map of the area so I may know where your territory lies, I promise you, I will do my best to avoid crossing into your waters again,"

Charyb remained frighteningly silent as it processed the information that MS-11 Chimera presented it. As it's master contemplated his next course of action, the wave that had been summoned hung obediently still, waiting to smash into the ship and drown all of it's occupants.

"I'm well aware of Doctor Robotnik's past attempts to steal the Chaos Emeralds and use them for his own personal gain..." Finally breaking the silence, Charyb began to rotate his raised hand counter clockwise, causing the wave he commanded to began to spread wide, soon surrounding the entirety of the ship in a massive wall of moving water. "My sensors indicate that you've already managed to pillage one of the emeralds." Charyb's cold metallic monotone echoed across the watery prison. "MS-11 Chimera, I, Charyb, Guardian of Atlantia will not be fooled!" The water surrounding the ship seemed to react to Charyb's words, growing more violent and causing the vessel to sway from side to side. "Prepare yourself for level 3 combat. I'm placing you and the organics under arrest..." 

Suddenly, new water began to leak from the blue robot's palms. Chimera and Zane would then only have moments to react before Charyb suddenly swung both arms upwards; releasing two pressurized streams of water that began to cut through the floor of the deck as they traveled towards them in an attempt to force the pair away from Alex. Anything in the water's path would be torn through within seconds, and as the two boys reacted to the attack, Charyb set his scanners on to the real target.

"Scans indicate that feline specimen is in possession of an artifact exuding chaos energy...." Charyb processed aloud as he motioned towards the wall of water behind him with his right hand, before swiping forward. Immediately, a small torrent of liquid surged forth on to the deck, sweeping up Charyb as he surfed atop it's surface and guided it towards Alex at high speeds. "Feline, surrender the chaos emerald immediately!" He boomed as he extend a hand in preparation to grab the thief. 

"Not good..." Watching the spectacle bellow from the cockpit, Axel groaned in annoyance before turning back to Ken. "Brother!" He yelled into his twin's ear before grabbing him by the shoulder and lightly smacking the side of his head. "KEN! YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!" A small amount of panic began to creep into Axel's expression as he continued to shake his brother. "You better not leave me, loser!"

"I'm well aware of Doctor Robotnik's past attempts to steal the Chaos Emeralds and use them for his own personal gain...My sensors indicate that you've already managed to pillage one of the emeralds."

Zane really didn't like the sounds of this, as he watched Charyb begin to rotate his hand clockwise.

"MS-11 Chimera, I, Charyb, Guardian of Atlantia will not be fooled! Prepare yourself for level 3 combat. I'm placing you and the organics under arrest..."

Not good at all. Only seconds to react, Zane and Chimera dodged the pressurized streams of water as it went after them, keeping him and the bot away from Alex. Alright...guess no time like the present! he thought, leaping back, before exhaling slowly. He started to slowly calm his breathing, closing his eyes. Around him, he could feel the moisture that was very present in the air...the conditions were right.

"Feline, surrender the chaos emerald immediately!"

Zane's eyes shot open as he heard Charyb's monotonic voice, seeing him rushing towards the cat. He lunged forward, beginning to skate upon the ice that began to form under his feet. He focused on charging towards Charyb's surfing rush, as he made his way up to his side. "Hey! Hope you don't mind this...'chilly' reception!" he said, making use of the ice floor that was emanating from below his feet as it even started to slowly affect Charyb's surf...at least from what Zane could see.

The arctic wolf smirked slightly, skating a bit faster as he slid in front of the robot, materializing a few icicles, immediately strafing along the icy ground as he threw them in the direction of the bot.

"Oi! Alex! Might wanna move!" Zane shouted, doing his best to slow Charyb down. He was in his element...he was in the zone. It was time to show what he was made of!

Chimera tried his best at a peaceful resolution, but the water wielding robot wasn't having any of it after thinking over Chimera's words.

"I'm well aware of Doctor Robotnik's past attempts to steal the Chaos Emeralds and use them for his own personal gain...My sensors indicate that you've already managed to pillage one of the emeralds. MS-11 Chimera, I, Charyb, Guardian of Atlantia will not be fooled! Prepare yourself for level 3 combat. I'm placing you and the organics under arrest..." Well so much for a peaceful approach...

Charyb then raised it's hands upward causing two large jets of water to cut through the Carrier. Zane and Chimera were able to get out of the way, but something was off, it was as if Charyb was... "Ah crap, he's singling me off!" Alex couldn't have been more right as the robot's attention turned towards her. "Scans indicate that feline specimen is in possession of an artifact exuding chaos energy...." Alex was confused for a moment before she looked at the ring she was wearing, the little silver ring responsible for her unnatural blood. "Feline, surrender the chaos emerald immediately!" Alex felt like she was staring right in death's face again. "Oh for crying out loud!" Before Alex could think of dodging the oncoming robot, Zane came skating in and started to freeze the robot's water, before throwing his signature icicles at the crazed robot. "Oi! Alex! Might wanna move!"

"Don't need to tell me twice," Alex said as she got some distance from the now freezing robot. "Right... Zane's doing his thing, so no fire here... but a couple knives could work." Alex said with a slight smirk. She grabbed a couple knives and started aiming for the robot's joints. "And how bout we do little more damage to that arm of yours?" Alex said as she threw her last few knives at Charyb's already damaged limb.

He finally understood. It took him over two hundred years to figure out why, but he now knew why people like Tails Doll got frustrated with the other Badniks' tendency to leap into battle. Sure, he was first and foremost a war machine, designed to wipe the most vile vermin off the face of Mobius, but he didn't want to destroy another robot, especially one that by all means had done nothing wrong.

Still, it wouldn't do to have his new 'teammates' slaughtered, especially since he needed them to take out Mephiles. While Zane threw ice and Alex threw ice, Chimera curled up into a ball, rolling around slower than sound as he drove himself into the back of the Gizord's head.

As he connected with his target, he ricocheted off, bouncing into the sky. He unfurled quickly, transforming his arm into a machine gun before unleashing several rounds, a hail of bullets falling from the sky. In the back of his mind, Chimera realized he should conserve his ammo, as he didn't know exactly where he could reload. He should save this for when they run into an accursed organic.

Mobian Sea: Egg Carrier

The last thing he knew...he was swimming....he was pulled under and....

"Ken...why are you still sleeping....shouldn't you be training by now?"  

The voice was so nostalgic...he had only heard it a couple of days ago...but it felt so long.  He tried to call out to it, but his voice was as silent as the depths of his conscious.  It was too dark here...he couldn't see anything.  

"Get up Ken...go knock some sense into that brother of yours why don't you?"  

"You better not leave me, loser!"

Ken slowly opened his eyes.  Light rain pattered against his forehead, and he saw his brother clutching him tight.  He tried to get into an upright position, but he ached all over.  That's right...he was on the Egg Carrier.  With his brother and all their allies.  He looked for those guys around the ship, and saw them confronting a strange blue robot.  Was that who had ambushed him.  His knuckles cracked as his fists tightened.  Somehow, after seeing the perpetrator who had knocked him out so easily, he got a second wind.  He rested a hand on Axel's shoulder, and hoisted himself upwards.  

"At ease loser...I'm not going anywhere."  Ken felt every muscle in his body contract, as he unlocked his second inhibitor.  "I'll finish this easy!"  The others had laid quite a lot of damage into their foe, and Ken wouldn't let up either.  He ran up to the Blue Robot and swept it's shaky legs.  After it was off balance, Ken shoved a roundhouse kick straight into the robots chest, making it dart back so fast that it crashed into a wave off the side of the ship.  A vacuum was created in the water, and almost formed another whirlpool.  Ken's muscles returned to homeostasis, and his energy depleted.  

"Whew....welp...that's all I got...."  Ken fell flat on his ass and started wheezing.  

BMG 

"Hey! Hope you don't mind this...'chilly' reception!" If Charyb could cringe, he would have. Having only been in the presence of the wolf for a few moments, the robot was already fed up with the organic's terrible puns! 

Realizing that the wave he had been riding on was now frozen solid by the wolf's efforts, Charyb was unable to pursue the feline as she leaped backwards to gain some distance. "Initiating defensive action..." The blue robot's voice droned on as it registered the icicles being hurled its way. Now standing on the mound of ice created from it's wave, Charyb extend his right hand towards the water wall in preparation for it's counter. 

"And how bout we do little more damage to that arm of yours?" The cat's voice suddenly caught his attention, prompting Charyb to shift it's scanners to her direction just in time to witness several throwing knifes lodging themselves into the small opening left in his arm's armor after having been engaged by the white hedgehog. "Critical damage..." Chraryb's monotone bellowed at the sight of it's right arm furiously sparking and vibrating out of his control. Though he didn't have time to access the damage further...

Leaping to the side to avoid the first of the icicles, the aquatic machine hastily extended its good arm towards the far water wall, before swiping it in Zane's direction. Heeding his call, a sizable torrent of water burst forward from the watery prison that surrounded the ship, smashing into Zane and sending him rolling across the deck with substantial force. Satisfied, Charyb skillful caught the final icicle moments before it were to pierce his face, only to be disrupted yet again by a spin dash attack form his fellow robot.  

"Enemy numbers confirmed to be...overwhelming..." Charyb analyzed his situation whilst shattering the icicle in his grasp, before turning up towards a now airborne Chimera. With little time to react to the hail of bullets unleashed by his opposition, Charyb formed a sphere of liquid from the rain and excess water on the deck to defend himself. Watching as a few of the bullets manage to rip though his hydro shield and bite into his armor, Charyb motioned to the sea yet again, this time swinging his arm upwards towards Chimera with his palm spread wide. 

"Witness the power of the ocean!" His voice heralded three large torrents of water that shot up towards Chimera at frightening speed. Slamming his palm shut, Charyb willed the torrents to surround then converge on the egg robot, before swinging his closed hand down towards the deck; smashing Chimera into his own ship in a monstrous waterfall that caused the vessel to groan in agony. But he wasn't through yet. Turning his scanners to Alex, Charyb took a shaky step forward despite the large bullet holes that now littered his body, and his limp right arm...

"I'll finish this easy!" A new voice appeared, followed by the same white hedgehog that he had naturalized in the beginning of this encounter. Unable to react fast enough to avoid having it's legs swept by the organic, Charyb couldn't help but regret not drowning this one when he had the chance.

Meanwhile, Axel had teleported to Zane and Chimera's sides at the far end of the deck. "The calvary's here." He said whilst hoisting the wolf back up to his feet by his arm and extending a hand to aid Chimera. Watching as Ken round house kicked their target into to the wall of water with his full power before falling back on his ass, Axel couldn't help but smirk as he took a step forward. "My idiot twin isn't the only one who's been holding back..." His voice was closely followed by a low electric hum, as he raised his left hand and began forming a massive sphere of chaos energy. 

"You should have never challenged us," Axel growled through gritted teeth as he drew power from the chaos emerald, causing the sphere to double in size and the deck to begin trembling slightly from the pressure. "NOW DIE!" The white hedgehog roared, before hurling the sphere towards the the vacuum created from Ken's attack; narrowly missing his brother as it slammed into the ocean and erupted in a flash of blue light that bursted forth from the water, causing the entire wall to shudder before finally reseeding back into the rest of the sea. 

There was a moment of silence, as the waters around the ship seem to calm themselves, and the rain began to let up. Pleased with his first attempt to use the emerald's power, Axel crossed his arms and turned to Chimera with a smug look painted across his face. "Well that was waste of time... Do you think you could get us moving ag-" The young prodigy's words were cut short, as he sensed a sudden disturbance. "s***! EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM THE CENTER!" He shouted towards his team with a panicked expression, as the center of the deck began to groan and crack from an unknown force. 

Seconds later, a deafening cash sounded across the ship as a large torrent of water bursted through the deck from bellow. "REGENERATION CYCLE COMPLETE..." A familiar voice droned from the high pressure fountain, as the liquid took to the sky before falling on to the deck in a new rain. "Chaos emerald confirmed... threat level 10... proceeding with appropriate counter measures." A now glowing Charyb emerged from the torrent of water with all of his injuries repaired. Shifting it's scanners to Axel, the machine took a step forward and raised it's palm and began walking across the now doomed vessel. "Target confirmed."

Alex breathed a sigh of relief when the combined offensive of everyone brought the robot to a weakened state, allowing Ken to dropkick the stupid thing back into the ocean. Axel then let loose a massive ball of energy into where the robot landed, which caused the water to erupt in a flash of blue. Seconds later, the ocean seemed to be calm for the most part. "Heh, a little overkill don't you think," Alex said towards Axel.

Suddenly the middle of the Carrier began to shake violently. "s***! EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM THE CENTER!" As soon as Axel said that, the center of the Carrier erupted in a geyser of water and the robot emerged from it, without a single bit of damage on it. "REGENERATION CYCLE COMPLETE... Chaos emerald confirmed... threat level 10... proceeding with appropriate counter measures." The now glowing robot took its attention towards Axel, as Axel had the emerald in plain sight after he had used it to attack the robot. "Target confirmed." The robot started to make its way towards Axel, the Carrier also felt as if it were sinking. "Oh great... now what?!?" Axel said as it seemed their journey was going to end early.

Although, the robot did mistake Alex's ring for an emerald, and who's to say he still wouldn't believe she had one. Either way, that thing should not be allowed to get the emerald, after all Alex had her sights on it first. "*Sigh* Can't believe I'm doing this..." Alex mumbled to herself. All she needed to do was draw the robot's attention. Despite the light rain, Alex began generating a large fireball, and then proceeded to throw it right at the robot. "Hey you waterlogged piece of scrap! Do you really think he's the only one with an emerald!" Alex could only hope that the robot took her bluff, otherwise Axel may be in trouble.

"Initiating defensive action..."

Zane watched as Charyb summoned a wave to block his icicle projectiles. A valiant effort, but the knives from Alex and even the barrage of bullets by Chimera certainly were taking its toll on the Gizord. "Heh, nice!" he chuckled as he began to skate back somewhat, about to prepare to do another assault on the bot, but...

Before him, Zane was knocked back by a very powerful burst of water, controlled by Charyb, knocking the wolf back quite a ways back. "N-Ngh...anyone get the plates...o-of that ice cream truck that hit me...?" he groaned, holding his head.

"I'll finish this easy!"

From almost out of nowhere, Ken rushed back into the fray and began to unleash a barrage against the bot. Holy crap! This guy something else! he thought, just watching in awe, before seeing Axel moving up towards him.

"The calvary's here."

"Heh...you guys know how to make an entrance...I'll give ya that." Zane chuckled, grabbing Axel's extended arm, being hoisted up by the hedgehog. After that, he was surprised to see Axel's own assault. It was obvious he used the Chaos Emerald's power, but Zane was left in awe once more by this sheer display of power. Needless to say, if the arctic wolf wasn't jealous of these two hedgehogs before...he was now.

But it wasn't a victory...not by a long shot.

"REGENERATION CYCLE COMPLETE... Chaos emerald confirmed... threat level 10... proceeding with appropriate counter measures. Target confirmed."

Well sh*t on a snowball... Zane began to grit his teeth, seeing Charyb moving towards Axel...only to hear Alex trying to bluff him. But he took this opportunity. If Charyb moved his attention to the cat... Zane couldn't wait to see how this turned out. He swiftly began to skate around Axel and towards the back of the Gizord, only to materialize two new icicles, only leaping up and preparing to stab the bot in the back.

BMG

"Hey you waterlogged piece of scrap! Do you really think he's the only one with an emerald!" 

As Charyb moved towards it's target, the robot was suddenly struck by a large fireball from its flank. "Feline confirmed to boast flame related abilities..." Charyb spoke as he shifted his gaze towards Alex, the water on his body evaporating into steam from the heat of her attack. "Can confirm source of chaos based energy... investigating..." It's cold monotone echoed across the sinking ship as the glowing machine began to steadily stride towards Alex across the pool of water that had began to gather atop the deck. 

Watching Zane spring into action to defend Alex, Axel found himself trembling slightly. His thoughts turned to the chaos emerald that he held loosely in his right hand; even if he used chaos control, would he even be able to deal any meaningful damage to the aquatic menace?? Cursing his weakness, the white hedgehog forced his body into action, despite the fact that the hopelessness of their situation was now becoming painfully clear. With a grunt, Axel vanished in his trademark flash of blue light, reappearing a few feet ahead of Alex to block the robot's path, as Zane continued to move towards Charyb's back.

"Am I so pathetic that you think you'd need to sacrifice yourself for me, thief?" Axel glanced over his shoulder towards Alex, before clutching his chaos emerald tight and forming another sphere of energy with his free hand. "I suppose you have my thanks. But this emerald is all that remains of our father... If I can't shoulder the burden of being it's wielder, then I'd be better off dead." Nodding to Alex in the first sign camaraderie he'd shown the cat since they met, Axel lunged forward and swung his arm down in an attempt to hurl his attack into Charyb at close range. "COME ON!" He roared at the opposition. 

"Futile..." Was Charyb's only response, as he rushed forward across the pool of water in a blur of high speed movement. Reaching Axel just at the hight of his swing, Charyb grabbed the white hedgehog's wrist with it's enhanced strength, forcing Axel to disperse his attack and groan in agony that the robot lifted him off his feet and raised a palm to his face. "Terminating..."

Though just before Chayrb could finish the job, Zane leaped into the air and prepared to drive two icicles into it's back. Reacting far faster than ever before, Charyb hastily pivoted it's body and dragged Axel backwards across the floor before tossing him into Zane with frightening force. Alex's defenders were sent reeling into a nearby wall, causing it groan and creak from the impact as the two bodies dented its surface, leaving nothing in between the robot and the thief. 

Flicking his hand upwards, Charyb ordered the now knee level water of rise up and form several whip like tendrils. "Kraken Dance..." Heeding his call, the tendrils of water came down upon Alex in an array of savage strikes as they tried to subdue her. 

Chimera's processors began to work overtime as he tried to determine their best strategy for victory. Honestly though, they were in a giant heap of trouble. This machine seemed able to power itself up by water, so logically, they should keep him away from it. Easier said than done, considering they were in the middle of the egging ocean!!

As he peeled himself off of the floor, he saw the giant gaping hole in the ship. He growled as he clenched his fist. No, now that machine would pay with his parts and oil. He switched up his weapons, a mechanical grinding heard as his left arm transformed, this time into a more cannon shaped attachment while his right hand popped the Knuckles spikes again. He charged at the water robot, the words of Mecha Knuckles replaying in his head.

"If there's a wall in your way then smash it down! If there isn't a path, then carve one yourself!" Well, right now, Charyb was a wall in his way, and he was going to smash him down. The Eggman Robot curled up into a ball, spin dashing around to the front of Charyb, unfurling when he was directly in front of him, staying crouched. Clenching his fist, sparks began to dance around his arm as he managed to order,

"Get the hell off my ship," With a mighty swing, he smashed Charyb under the chin with his fist, a shockwave forming from the impact. He then quickly charged the arm cannon, firing off a thick, bright red laser into Charyb's face. Hopefully, this would damage him, and give the others a chance to attack.

Zane leaped into the air and was about to do a number on Charyb's back...buuuuuuuuut...

-Best Depiction of a Reaction-

Charyb simply took Axel who was now in his hand, and flung him towards Zane. "Oh come on!!" he groaned, being in mid air and not able to dodge this right away. Without anything else, the two Mobians crashed into the air and were flung quite a bit aways from Charyb and into a wall. "Ugh...I'm not enjoying...t-this..."

The arctic wolf slowly pushed off the wall, watching Axel fall off as well. He landed on the deck of the ship, clenching his fist. "Why is this guy difficult to beat?" he mumbled, shaking his head. "We didn't really have THAT much problem with that Mecha guy." Zane's eyes kept fixated Charyb, before seeing a quick blur heading towards the unwelcoming visitor. Before he knew it, Chimera was already on a rampage and doing a ton of damage to him (from what he could see).

Heh...keep on him C! Zane smirked, thinking as he helped Axel up. "Axel...how good are you at skating?" he asked, giving him a thumbs up. "I got a plan. I provide the medium to speed you up...and you warp at the last second with all that built up momentum and knock that bucket of bolts with everything ya got!"

"Well that was stupid..." Before Alex knew it, the crazy water robot had turned it's attention from Axel to her. But before she could worry too much, the white hedgehog had teleported to her position. "Am I so pathetic that you think you'd need to sacrifice yourself for me, thief? I suppose you have my thanks. But this emerald is all that remains of our father... If I can't shoulder the burden of being it's wielder, then I'd be better off dead." Huh, well how bout that, a genuine thank you from Axel. Unfortunately it didn't last long as Axel's attack on Charyb was blocked. Charyb then threw Axel behind him to stop an oncoming attack from Zane, now there wasn't anything stopping Charyb from attacking Alex.

The robot then proceeded to create tendrils from the already knee deep water and started to use them to attack Alex. "Oh you've got to be kidding me!" Alex couldn't dodge the tendrils effectively because of the water and so resorted to blocking the attacks, if she had another arm she would've avoided less damage, but blocking was still blocking. The tendrils kept up their assault even when Charyb's attention was taken by Chimera, but the tendrils did slow down a bit, allowing Alex to move away from some of the attacks, though she still suffered a lot of cuts and bruises. "And I thought I couldn't hate water even more..." With the water slowly rising above her knees, Alex's thoughts on surviving this encounter grew slimmer and slimmer. Would this be her last moments, drowning at the hands of a crazed robot? Well... she was going to go down fighting.

With Charyb being distracted by Chimera's attack, Alex charged up another large fireball and tossed it at Charyb, but before it reached its target, Alex snapped her fingers and the large fireball exploded into a barrage of fire that was aimed right for Charyb's head. "I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve."

"Get the hell off my ship,"  

Charyb quickly bursted into a flurry of movement as soon as it registered the chaos energy generated from Chimera's laser. Grabbing Chimera's blaster arm, the blue robot hastily forced it to the side just as the thick red laser cut through the air. "Formulating..... battle strategy...." Chayrb's processors were pushed into overdrive as the right side of its face was swept away by Chimera's attack, leaving nothing but melted metal and wiring. 

"I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve." The cat was at it again, creating a scattershot attack that slammed into his back, causing him to stumble forward. "Removing limiters..." Chayrb groaned as it's single functioning eye gleamed a telling red that grew brighter as he was pushed towards Chimera.  "..Executing anti-fortress level assault..." Was the only warning the egg robot would receive, before having the water surrounding his legs suddenly explode in a powerful eruption of force that sent him fly backwards.

"Axel...how good are you at skating?" I got a plan. I provide the medium to speed you up...and you warp at the last second with all that built up momentum and knock that bucket of bolts with everything ya got!" Zane spoke up as he lifted Axel shakily to his feet. 

"T-There's no time..." Axel groaned before forcing himself off the wolf's shoulder. "It's... gathering chaos energy... fast." Even after the beating he had taken, the white hedgehog could sense every particle of energy that Charyb seemed to now be gathering at it's core. Within mere seconds it's power levels had already begun to climb frighteningly high, and he didn't want to know what would happen when the aquatic menace completed it's preparations...  

Pivoting to the side and extending an arm each to catch Chimera as the bot skidded towards them, Zane and Alex glanced between each other with mirrored worried expressions. "Please don't tell me that means what I think that it does..." Zane groaned as he eyed the now stationary Charyb as it's bright blue aura seemed to intensify slightly.

"We can't let it finish." Axel sighed, before flicking his wrist and forming a blade of crackling energy in his right hand. "Whatever it's planning to do, will more than likely wipe us out." His voice grew grim as he took a step forward.

"Not cool bro..." Zane also sighed before looked down at his palms. "I thought I told you not to tell me!" A nervous grin painted itself across the wolf's face as he too stepped forward whilst cracking his knuckles. "So then what's the plan guys?" 

"An all out assault is the only logical option." Chimera's voice boomed from behind the pair, before the robot brought itself to it's feet. "We kill him before he kills us. It's as simple as that."  Chimera examined the state of his weapons before locking his scanners on to Charyb and taking up a ready stance. 

"Residence... is fut-" Charyb's cold monotone began, but was suddenly cut off by another fireball that found it's mark at the back of his head. 

"I"ll be damned if I sit here and let you drawn me!" Alex spat towards her opposition as she jumped up onto the ship's railing to escape the water that was inhibiting her movement.  

Seeing his opportunity, Axel suddenly sprinted forward towards the distracted Charyb with Zane close behind him. "Don't stop! I have no intention of ending our mission here!" He called over to his ice wilding companion before sending the chaos blade spinning towards his target in a skillful toss. "Oh, like you're the only one?!" Zane retorted as he watched Axel vanish in a flash of light after throwing his weapon. "Alex, back me up!" He called out towards the thief just as Chayrb leaped into the air to avoid Axel's attack.

"When did I sign up for all this?!" The feline grumbled before drawing several throwing knifes and lunging towards their now airborne target. Zane could only smirk in response; forming twin icicles and leaping up towards Chayrb in a pincer attack with Alex. "Energy levels... still unsatisfactory..." Charyb pressed on, as the wounded robot was forced to engage the two flesh organisms at the same time.

iU8EggM.png

"Did I ever tell how pathetic you are sometimes, brother?"

"Is that why you came all the way over here to get my help, loser?" 

As Zane and Alex desperately danced around the deck in a savage duel with Charyb, Axel reappeared at his brother's side. "I am my brother's keeper..." Axel sneered sarcastically before placing a hand on Ken's shoulder. "Yea yea..." Ken smirked, as the two vanished in Axel's trademark flash. 

iU8EggM.png

"This isn't working..." Alex called to Zane as she clumsily rolled to the side to avoid a wild swing from Charyb, before cloaking her hand in flames and thrusting her palm into the robot's chest to send it skidding backwards. "Where are the twins?!"  

"If one of them comes sliding in and tackles this guy... I'm taking 100% of the credit!"  Zane's tried his best to make his quip while leaping towards Charyb with both of icicles raised high above his head. Though his expression soon grew panicked as the glowing blue robot brought it's palm up to reveal the high pressure water jet it had used earlier. "s***." Unable to shift his trajectory, Zane closed his eyes and prepared for the worst; only to suddenly shoot them up again as a large red beam of energy tore through Charyb's forearm. Leaving a trail of smoke as the beam blasted through the railing and disappeared in the ocean. 

Shifting his gaze to the right to see Chimera holding his blaster arm up towards the battle, Zane nodded in appreciation before landing on his knees directly ahead of Charyb and slicing at it's face and chest with a cross slash. "D-Damage critical..." Charyb groaned before leaping backwards. Just barely avoiding another beam attack from Chimera, that would have blasted through the side of his head, had he reacted even a second later. Analyzing the is situation, the aquatic bot began desperately gather more chaos energy in it's core in an attempt to speed up it's preparations. 

"And this is for that whip s*** you pulled earlier!" Alex suddenly roared. The thief's slender form became a blur, as she placed her foot on Zane's back and boosted herself towards Charyb with both legs extended for a drop kick. Severally damaged, Charyb was forced to call to the ocean for aid. Extending it's single arm over to the sea, he began to call the waves to his side, only to be thrown into further panic as an all too familiar red laser blasted off yet another limb. Shifting his scanners to Chimera, Charyb could sense a smugness to egg robot's demeanor; even when his stance was that of a lifeless sentinel. 

"Eat this!" Alex spat as she slammed both feet into Charyb's chest, sending him skidding backwards yet again.

Watching the scene with his scanners, Chimera began charging his blaster for one final shot as he registered a tell tale energy signature as it appeared a few feet behind Charyb. Moments later, Axel and Ken made their entrance in the only way the two knew how. "SPECIAL DELIVERY!" Ken's voice boomed across the deck as he and his brother reappeared on the battlefield in two blurs of movement. "From Ferris Mountains, with love!" Axel chimed in as the two drilled into Charyb's back in double spin dash attack that sent sparks flying through air. 

"Should've gotten off my ship when you had the chance..." Were Chimera's final words to Charyb, before he fired his blaster into the the other bot's chest, causing the twins to leap away and bring themselves to sliding halts on either side of their opponent. The entire crew watched on in triumph as Charyb fell to his knees with a gapping hole in it's chest. There was a short sense of relief as they all watched light fade from the blue robot's eyes and it's aura fade into glimmering particles of light. Though Axel remained silent, with an oddly blank expression painted across his face. 

"Would it kill you to smile once, Axel?" Zane was the first to speak up as he plopped down onto the water covered deck. The ship was still slowly sinking, but at least they had bested the more immediate threat, right? "You need to learn not to be so cold man..." 

"... W-We were too late..." Axel mumbled as he turned to look out into the ocean. Though the others couldn't sense it, he could quite literally SEE the energy that Charyb had managed to gather before it's defeat. After Chimera had landed the finishing blow, the energy didn't simply vanish... No. It had trickled down into the water and seemed to forming something big. 

"What do you mean?!" Ken took a step towards his brother, only to stop in his tracks upon hearing an impossibly loud howl that seemed to shake the very ocean they stood upon. Suddenly the entire boat began to vibrate fiercely, throwing the party off balance and causing them shift their attention to the shell of Charyb as it spoke it's final words. "D-DANCE OF THE H-ORNED WHALE..." Before any of the crew could react, another ghastly howl filled the air as the water of the south side of the ship began to rise. Within moments a massive shadow had overtaken the entirety of the ship, rendering even Zane speechless as the team gazed upon the Charyb's final act against them.

Starring up at the massive amalgamation of chaos energy and water, Axel fell to his knees as the gargantuan construct slowly began to fall towards the ship in an blatant attempt to crush it with it's sheer mass. This was it. This was how they were going to die...

"KEN, AXEL!" Chimera's voice suddenly broke through the wave of panic, causing the white hedgehog to turn to the robot. "GRAB THE OTHER TWO, NOW!" Even Chimera's voice seemed to hold some sort of distress as he began forming his shield. Instantly realizing what the bot was planning, Axel quickly teleported to Alex and grabbed her by the wrist, just as Ken scoop up Zane and began dashing to Chimera's side. Joining the others just as Chimera's finished forming, Axel could do nothing but brace himself as the whale came down upon the ship and everything faded to black. 

iU8EggM.png

It was dark. So cold... Was this what the afterlife was like? Forcing his eyes open, Axel could just barley make out four other figures as they also drifted downward into the watery abyss with him. Glancing down to his left hand, he smiled in painful relief upon seeing that he had managed not to lose his grip on the chaos emerald...

"Ken, Silver..." He thought to himself as the edges of his vision began to blur. "I'm sorry. I failed both of you..." Submitting to the sensation of sleep that had begun to creep up his body, Axel closed his eyes and accepted his fate. Though before he could finally slip into sleep's sweet embrace, the white hedgehog's eyes shot open as he sensed a sixth presence amongst him and his fallen comrades...

End of Chapter 1 

Episode 2: Crash

Mobian Sea: Abyss

After all that...after all their desperate attempts to continue their journey...they had proven to be too weak.  Even after all their attempts, they couldn't even overcome this one obstacle.  As he sank deeper and deeper into the briny depths, he looked towards the others.  His brother had succumb to the hopelessness of it all as well, and sank like a stone.  Ken couldn't help but try and shed a tear, but it was in vain...they might as well be swimming in the sea of tears among all of them.  One more drop wasn't going to change the tides.  He blinked, but his eyes stay shut, he was losing consciousness at a rapid rate.  

Black....he guessed this was it.  

IsOSufc.png

It was still black...but his eyes struggled to open....wait a second.  Wasn't he dead?

"Damn Charyb...he must've been itching to defend this place after so long..."  

What were these voices?  They were faint, but Ken could clearly hear them through some sort of muffling barrier.  It still felt like he was floating in the ocean though...what in the hell was going on?  He struggled to open one eye, almost resorting to release an inhibitor to do so.  It wouldn't be necessary, as he was determined to see who was talking.  When he opened his eye, he was met with a strange blue liquid, extremely different from the dark abyss he had previously been in.  Attached to his mouth was a respirator of sorts, and multiple devices were attached to his skin, no doubt they were reading his vitals.  He reached a hand out to be met with a glass like substance.  Was he in some sort of container?  Across the way, he could see multiple containers, each with their own resident.  In total there were six...one wasn't filled with a fluid, and was most likely holding Chimera.  He could see sparks fly across the container, attempts at repairs perhaps?  

"Whoah...we got a live one over here."  A figure walked itself right in front of Ken's container.  It was a large blue mobian...an aquatic version maybe?  "I am Gu'ill.  Security chief of the grand city of Cha'Aqua.  On behalf of all of us...I humbly apologize to you and your crew."

IsOSufc.png

Mobian Sea: Cha'Aqua

bgm

Ken tried to get a word out, but his respirator was in the way, and he wasn't able to get a single one across.  

"I know you must have a lot of questions...but please...conserve your strength for now!  You were severely injured by our guardian...to expunge our sins we have brought you and your crew to our most urgent care center.  These capsules have been healing your wounds for around three days now."  

Three days!?  That was way too long of a break for the team...who knows what Mephiles could've done within that time frame!  Ken's foot forcibly shot out with vigor, and the glass barrier was kicked out of it's frame.  The blue liquid poured out onto the floor.  Ken ripped the respirator and every wire from the surface of his body, and stumbled out of the container, only to have his knees met with a hard ceramic surface.  He coughed, his lungs were filling up with a strange oxygen...or maybe it was just strange to someone who had been in suspended animation for a couple of days.  

"What did I just say...if you and your crew are truly hostile, than I'm afraid our apologies will fall on deft ears."  

Ken struggled to get back to his feet.  He could finally have a word with this....fish person.  

"What did you mean...hostile..." Ken said, gasping for air.  

"Our guardian gizoid, Charyb, has been tasked with a mission since the day of his creation.  Protect Cha'Aqua from the forces that dwell on the island of the Eggman.  After a couple of hundreds of years ago, activity from the island slowed to a halt.  That is...until one of it's carriers was spotted heading directly our way.  Charyb's hand was forced...however he was supposed to stop all hostilities if there was more than one organic on a ship."  Gu'ill stroked his chin.  "I'm guessing he hadn't shut down, seeing as how you had a creation of the Eggman's on board.  It was all just a misunderstanding."

Ken slammed his fist onto the floor.  He jumped to his feet and grabbed Gu'ill by his shirt collar.  Being toe to toe with him, Ken could obviously see that Gu'ill was many feet taller than him, but Ken was still able to lift the giant fish off the ground with ease.  Gu'ill himself was surprised.

"Yeah...a misunderstanding that almost got me and my friends killed!"  

Gu'ill knocked Ken's hand away, and landed back onto the floor.  He grit his fangs as he stared at Ken intensely.  

"Listen here land dweller...We didn't have to save you or your friends at all.  It is by the grace of our princess that you all have your lives!  She thought the whole ordeal was strange, and urged her guard to check for survivors.  If I were running things, you and your friends would be kissing our feet by now."  Gu'ill dusted himself off, and put a more calm demeanor on his face.  "After all of you and your friends are awake, the princess would like to have a word with you."  He started to walk out of the room.  A strange permeable, almost water like barrier, was considered a door.  "And by the way...we confiscated your chaos emerald.  Until you deem yourselves worthy of our trust, it will be under safe keeping for now."  Gu'ill walked into the water barrier, and moved slowly through it.  

Ken's strength was all but sapped by now, and he struggled to keep himself up.  Instead, he collapsed into the blue liquid that still lay on the floor.  It slowly drained into some grates that were in the middle of the room.  He looked to the containers, and saw Axel floating in the same position he had just moments before.  

"I'm just glad you're all okay..."  

Now that he realized it...their crew was only five members strong.  He wondered why there was a sixth pod.  

A few days ago...

​"Ahhhh... Nothing like a relaxing ride to get you going for the day, and a little added practice going over water never hurt anyone either." ​Cynthia said to herself as she glided across the ocean water, unaware of the chaos going on back at Metropolis. ​"Next tourney is going to include racing over water, I have to be prepared for that, c'mon Hurricane, pick up some speed!" C​ynthia said, referring to her Extreme Gear, Hurricane, a silver trimmed, white Extreme Gear. Cynthia was focused on winning this years Extreme Gear Tournament, so focused in fact that she went out further into ocean more than she was suppose to. Clouds started to fill the sky, and the waves started to get more rough. ​"Ok, just few more minutes and that should be enough for..." Suddenly, the sound of thunder filled the air, as the wind started to pick up and the waves started to get fiercer and fiercer. ​"What the... There wasn't supposed to be a storm today! I better turn back before..." ​ Before she could finish her sentence, a massive wave came up in front of her while she was turning. Cynthia could only catch a glimpse of the large wave before it slammed into her.

​Knocked from her board, Cynthia could barely keep herself floating with how rough the waves were. "​Gah... No, I gotta get back on... Where did this storm come fro..," ​Suddenly, another wave turned up behind Cynthia and slammed into her, driving her underwater. She tried to swim back up, but the rough waters refused to let her breath air. Cynthia couldn't resist the storm, seconds later her muscles refused to swim further, she started to sink. ​"No... It can't... End like this... I... I can't..." ​Cynthia began to drift off, this was the end for her, or was it?

Present Time

Cynthia could feel herself floating, was she still in the process of drowning? Or was she already dead? In any case, she could hear something, or someone, talking. Seconds later she could hear another person, Cynthia barely opened her eyes to see two other mobians, a white hedgehog and some type of aquatic mobian, they seemed to be in an argument. The aquatic mobian left the room, leaving the hedgehog on his knees, what was going on? Cynthia then noticed her situation, she was in some kind of pod with wires and a respirator attached to her. She turned into a state of panic and started moving around the best she could, where was she, was she dead, and who were these people? Cynthia needed answers.

She couldn't take it anymore, she wanted out, now! Cynthia drew her hand for a punch and hit the glass of the pod, nothing happened. She drew her hand for another punch, only this time her hand turned into a bluish grey color, the glass cracked a little. She drew her hand a final time, this time her hand grew bigger in addition to turning colors, the glass shattered from her punch.

Cynthia fell out of the pod as the liquid in it spilled on to the floor, only to be drained as it flowed through a grate in the middle of the room. ​"Gasp... Cough, cough... Gah... What the heck... Just happened?" ​More than likely, she wouldn't get a plausible answer. Cynthia looked around with a dazed and confused look to find that there were five other pods, each with someone in them, except for one that was broken, most likely from the white hedgehog. Cynthia couldn't stand and so could only sit up, she looked over to the white hedgehog who more than likely noticed her escape from the pod. ​"Hey, you know... where we are... or are you as confused as I am?"

"D-DANCE OF THE H-ORNED WHALE..."

Zane's eyes widened as he saw this narwhal looking creation of chaos energy and water ram into the boat. The arctic wolf's feet gave out from under him, as he no longer felt the ground of the Egg Carrier beneath his feet. Or this would be the case if Ken didn't grab him and drag him towards Chimera and his forming shield. Zane was at a loss of words at the moment...what was going to happen?

He got his answer...in the form of the blackness...

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-BGM-

D-Damnit... Zane thought, groaning out from beneath the waves. He could make out the faint shape of the bubbles of oxygen leaving his mouth, floating upwards towards the faint look of light. Was this it? Was THIS how id ended for him? Damnit... he thought again, noticing the shades and shapes of those he was with on the Egg Carrier.

His hand slowly raised through the life draining waves, trying his best to reach out to his new friends. However...it was to no avail. G-Guys...I'm sorry... he thought, closing his eyes, feeling the sensation of sleep befalling him. I wasn't strong enough...even i-in my element...I wasn't strong enough...

And with that thought...silence and darkness returned...

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

The silence was cut and the darkness began to lighten up around him. Zane could feel himself still floating, drifting...but it was different this time. Struggling as he could, he slowly opened his eyes...seeing himself in a containment unit, swimming in a blue liquid with a respirator on his mouth.

W-What? W-What's going on?! Zane thought, struggling to move.

The arctic wolf kept struggling and struggling, but once again, to no avail was he able to do anything. However, this strange containment unit finally opened and drained the fluids before allowing Zane to drop down on the ground, coughing. What was going on? Where were they?

"I am Gu'ill. Security chief of the grand city of Cha'Aqua. On behalf of all of us...I humbly apologize to you and your crew."

Zane raised his head slightly, seeing a Mobian shark...or whatever he was supposed to be, towering over Ken. He tried to call out to him, but he just ended up coughing a bit more. D-Damnit...

He finally moved towards the containment unit and began to stand up. Finally he could feel himself not about to cough, as he looked both weakly and nervously in Ken's direction, waving slightly. "H-Hey Ken...w-whose your new friend...?"

Life. Why was there so much life around him?! Axel stirred slightly in his slumber as his senses began to finally return. Was he dead? No. He couldn't be... Not when he could still feel so many living energy signatures around him...So then where was he?

As the others began to free themselves from their chambers, Axel began to stir slightly as he recognized the familiar presences. "Zane..." He thought drearily as the wolf's cold aura suddenly became more sustained. So he had also managed to survive...

Twitching slightly in his chamber, Axel honed in on Ken's very unique energy signature, causing a rare smile to form on the lips of the floating white hedgehog. "Brother."

However that smile soon faded. Where was the chaos emerald?! The blue liquid of Axel's chamber began to vibrate as a wave of anxiety and rage began to spread across Axel's psyche. Causing his powers to finally run rampant after three days of neglect.

Though his eyes remained shut, Axel soon became very aware of his situation. He was in some sort of prison, with Alex and Chimera at either side in their own tanks.

Cracks began to form across the glass window of Axel's chamber, causing a red light to begin flashing above his head. There were wires attached to his body... WHAT WERE THEY DOING TO HIM?! TO HIS BROTHER?! WHERE WAS SILVER'S CHAOS EMERALD?!

The cracks in the chamber began to grow more jagged as the blue liquid began to bubble and froth from the pressure of the energy that the white hedgehog was now exuding. Finally noticing the sixth energy signature in the room that was completely unfamiliar, Axel's eyes shot open, causing his container to burst open and large shards of glass to fly into the two chambers at his sides.

"You..." He hissed at the female hedgehog that sat across from him as he ripped his respirator off, and took a shaky step forward. Yanking the wires from his arm, Axel stumbled slightly before vanishing from sight.

Reappearing directly in front of the stranger in a flash of light, Axel used his left hand to brace himself against the frame of her chamber, and his right to form a chaos blade, that immediately flickered from it's wielder's lack of energy and shrunk down to what could only be describe as a dagger. "Where is it?!" No at all deterred by his blatant lack of energy, Axel proceeded to glare down at the stranger with his hastily crafted weapon at the ready. "What have you done to us?!" He growled, before suddenly coughing voilently, causing his blade to flicker yet again before vanishing completely.

It almost felt like she was in a dream, Alex could feel herself floating as if she was in water but... it was different, she could breathe, and it felt like she was attached to something, or something was attached to her. For a bit, she could hear noises, like someone was speaking, seconds later, a crashing sound like shattered glass could be heard, a second shattering sound caused Alex to stir and open her eyes slightly. She looked around her and noticed she was in some type of pod, with wires attached to her. By the look of her eyes you could tell she was panicking, but she lacked the strength to do anything. It wasn't until a sudden burst of energy caused her pod to shatter a bit, spilling the liquid and her from the pod. Alex layed on the ground for a second or two before realizing that she was free.

"Cough, cough... what... cough, cough..." Alex felt like she hadn't had fresh air for ages, she tried to hoist herself up onto the pod that once contained her, she could barely stand. "Cough... what happened... where... are we?" Alex looked around to see that everyone seemed to be sprawled out around the room one way or another. Except for Axel who seemed like he was ready to kill, as he had a bit of energy pointed right at... an unfamiliar hedgehog. "Where is it?! What have you done to us?!" Whatever Axel was going on about, he looked desperate for answers. For some odd reason, Alex felt... different, like something was off. She looked down at her body to see that it was fine, like that encounter with Charyb never happened. But when Alex looked at her hand, she knew right away what was different. "My... ring... where's my ring!?"

Recovery mode completed. Emergency reboot activated. 

Chimera's parts began to whirl and make noises, the robot's sight coming back, first looking like a bad video recording, until the definition sharpened back to normal. It appeared he was in a sort of pod... which was attempting to repair him.

Weapon systems offline. Attempting reactivation.

Considering how many weapons he had... that would take awhile. Whether these mystery saviors turned them off intentionally or if his systems automatically did it because of the repairs was unknown to him at the moment.

Attempting to connect to the EggNet... 

Attempt failed. EggNet down...

Just another reminder he was pretty much alone. He stood up, and was able to make out some of the dialogue. The exchange Ken and the Shark Mobian had filled him with pride.

"Even after 200 years and a falling out, the Eggman Empire is still feared across the globe...," Chimera laughed within the pod. "As it should be!" His weapons were down, but his arm wasn't. After making sure the things were not still repairing him, he drew an arm back, punching down the wall and walking out slowly, his red eyes glowing. He looked over to Axel. "You need to restrain yourself. Your organic impulses will only make things worse," He shook his head. "I am a robot created for the enslavement of organic life and I am calmer than you...," 

He walked over, spinning his head 360 degrees to 'crack' his neck. "It is obvious she has even less of an idea than we do about our situation,"

The sudden explosion of one of the pods surprised Cynthia, whoever or whatever these mobians were, they really weren't normal. "You..." Cynthia saw that the hedgehog that had emerged from the destroyed pod had his sights set on her. A few seconds later, he seemed to have vanished, then reappeared right in front of her with a glowing dagger like weapon in his hand, he seemed rather pissed. "Where is it?! ​What have you done to us?!" Whatever was going on, the crazy hedgehog thought Cynthia was behind all of this.

​"Excuse me buddy?! I'd put that knife or whatever it is away, in case you haven't noticed I'm in the same situation as you!" Cynthia slowly stood up despite her being disoriented​. ​"So if I were you, I'd think twice before throwing accusations everywhere!" ​Cynthia had her arms in their unusual grey color while saying this to the hedgehog, even though she wasn't in the condition to, she was ready for a fight. The sound of another pod being shattered drew Cynthia's attention, a strange mobian walked over from the pod. "You need to restrain yourself. Your organic impulses will only make things worse, ​I am a robot created for the enslavement of organic life and I'm calmer than you...,"

​"Yeah, listen to your robot buddy... Wait, robot?! Who the hell are you people" ​Cynthia couldn't believe this, how could she go from practicing for a tourney, to being kept in some strange pod along with a hostile hedgehog, a robot, and a few other people? ​"I am so confused right now."

Archived