Prime Material Dragon

Okay, read the last effect. "When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) is activated, you can send 1 card from your hand to the graveyard to negate its activation and destroy the card." This means that when DAD activates his effect, you can use this card's effect so DAD DOESN'T kill it and DAD is killed instead. Now, if you're talking about in battle, then yeah, PMD is screwed.

Okay' date=' read the last effect. "When a card's effect to destroy a monster(s) is activated, you can send 1 card from your hand to the graveyard to [b']negate its activation and destroy the card[/b]." This means that when DAD activates his effect, you can use this card's effect so DAD DOESN'T kill it and DAD is killed instead.

Why yes, as a pro DAD player, I think I will attempt to use DAD's effect to kill Prime Material Dragon, instead of just clearing the backfield and then attacking it and killing it.

It's a pro move.

It creates an infinite loop.

no, it doesn't...

a non-oficial ruling (but posted on UDE's judge forum in spanish)... when one of the effects activates, the other activates in response (remember, continous effects don't start chains), and that action cannot be continued by the same cards... example:

player activates "rain of mercy"

- simochi activates and turns points into damage

- PMD activates and turns damage into points...

play resolves...

player activates "ookazi"

- PMD activates and turns damage into points

- simochi activates and turns points into damage...

play resolves...

this is not official yet 'cause is still not included on official FAQs, but was posted on a judge forum, i will search the info and post it here...

Hey' date=' I said you can attack it in battle. Does anyone really need to say that you should make sure the backfield is cleared?

[/quote']

You said that Prime Material Dragon's effect would destroy DAD. That implies that there exists a DAD player that would use DAD's effect on PMD.

Hey' date=' I said you can attack it in battle. Does anyone really need to say that you should make sure the backfield is cleared?

[/quote']

You said that Prime Material Dragon's effect would destroy DAD. That implies that there exists a DAD player that would use DAD's effect on PMD.

Only a player stupid enough to do that.

[/quote']

So then why would you even mention that?

[/quote']

He thinks SoDM is better than Jinzo. Perhaps he's one of the players that would try to use DAD's effect on PMD.

[/quote']

He thinks SoDM is better than Jinzo. Perhaps he's one of the players that would try to use DAD's effect on PMD.

Wow, I suppose you haven't heard of how people can change their minds? Jinzo is MUCH more easier to summon than SoDM. Also, I would never use DAD's effect on PMD, I would use DAD's effect to clear the backfield, then attack.

Archived