Islam

Ryusei the Morning Star

Islam is having a mid-life crisis right now. The Arab Spring has completely shaken traditional mindsets in regards to Islamic teaching and practice. It is because of this, there is a natural divide between those who wish for change in the foundation of Islamic teaching, and those who find these changes an affront to centuries of Religious teaching and an offense to God himself.

This is simply history repeating itself, but in the opposite direction.

During the original time leading up to the Crusades, Jerusalem originally allowed pilgrimages equally among Christians, Muslims, Jews, and Orthodox Christians. Eventually, over time, the Muslim regime in charge of the city eventually banned pilgrimages from all except the Muslim population. What resulted was the entire Christian population viewing the East as a decadent, unholy, and heretical enemy of the one true God. Eventually, Christians living around the Jerusalem area began guerrilla terrorist attacks on the Jerusalem Caliphate, causing panic within the city. These terrorist gatherings eventually evolved into an entire Pope-backed army. After 9 Crusades and thousands upon thousands of dead people, Christians suddenly realized how pointless the whole conflict was, especially when the Christians took the most territories during the 6th Crusade, a Crusade known for not having a single battle take place and everything being diplomatically handled. These farces resulted in a complete reshaping of Christian identity and values, an event called the Renaissance.

Now, Islam is going through it. With old Caliphates being torn down and new democratic governments replacing them, modern Muslims are beginning to adopt new ways of worship and theological theory, something that is going into conflict with the traditionalist Muslims, who have now blamed this on the influence of the West, and are bent on eliminating the cause of these changes. This, is where these terrorists come from. This is the 10th Crusade, bu this time, the Christians aren't the ones starting it.

The sad fact is, the only reason Christian terrorism dropped after 9/11 was because the radical Christians found a common enemy in Muslims. I can say with assurance that, when this Islamic Extremist threat ends and the religion itself begins to stabilize and adapt to changing conditions, the Christian nuts will return to burning houses owned by gay people and bombing abortion clinics.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's crazy in that statement? 

It's well known that a lot of Islamic nations in the Middle East are incredibly conservative, and you see a lot of stories about people being beaten or killed for expressing the wrong kind of viewpoint in those nations. You don't even need to express it sometimes (I remember reading a story about a woman who was beaten to death about a anti Islam story that wasn't even published). 

Given it's in the context of trying to make SA more progressive, I see nothing wrong with that statement. It's not talking about Islam in general, simply Islam in Saudi Arabia. I do however disagree with your choice of words in an attempt to immediately draw lines and stir some sheet up needlessly. Because we can, if we need to, slam 'the right' over what they think of Islam far more than the left. But we shouldn't need to, because that should be funking irrelevant.  

What's crazy in that statement? 

It's well known that a lot of Islamic nations in the Middle East are incredibly conservative, and you see a lot of stories about people being beaten or killed for expressing the wrong kind of viewpoint in those nations. You don't even need to express it sometimes (I remember reading a story about a woman who was beaten to death about a anti Islam story that wasn't even published). 

Given it's in the context of trying to make SA more progressive, I see nothing wrong with that statement. It's not talking about Islam in general, simply Islam in Saudi Arabia. I do however disagree with your choice of words in an attempt to immediately draw lines and stir some sheet up needlessly. Because we can, if we need to, slam 'the right' over what they think of Islam far more than the left. But we shouldn't need to, because that should be funking irrelevant.  

Left agrees with the right that Islam as it stands (in the ME) is backwards and needs to be redone

I once again agree with them on their analysis, disagree with them on their conclusion to humanize

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose I should give my two cents on this matter, but all I will say is this: There are many people who doubt that middle eastern countries will adopt a democracy because they say "Islamist culture" prevents them from doing so as it contradicts their principle. There is nothing about a culture that keeps it from adopting a democracy. Scholars have said the same thing about China, claiming that "Confucian" culture would prevent China from adopting capitalist ideas into their government. It was also believed that Catholic countries wouldn't become democracies because "Catholic culture" accustomed them to a hierarchical system. That doesn't seem to be the case now does it?

Nah, the Islam that committed genocide against my people and wiped most of us out, is still the same Islam that exists in that region. Everytime a moderate leader rises up they put him down (look at Iran)

My hope is that more like Sisi will come forward and take the reigns, but I've learned not to be optimistic about Islam

Nah, the Islam that committed genocide against my people and wiped most of us out

Alright I have to ask. Did anyone you knew personally get killed in this genocide? If not, why do you keep bringing it up as "against my people"? I don't understand why you have to make it personal so often.

Alright I have to ask. Did anyone you knew personally get killed in this genocide? If not, why do you keep bringing it up as "against my people"? I don't understand why you have to make it personal so often.

Because my ancestors controlled Iran, and the wiped out 90% of our race.

IDK how many jews today know nazis, but you can't expect the jews to forget the holocaust can you?

Archived