Archfiends, Toons, and Gravekeepers

A while ago DJ and I were talking about old card themes, and how it would be nice to see them getting actual support and being revived. That got me to thinking "What would make them a better deck type in a good format?"

So, what cards/types of effects do you guys think would (specifically) make Toons, Gravekeepers, Harpies, and Archfiends a better type?

Gravekeepers are still the best out of those archetypes you mentioned.

A few months ago, a Van'Dalgyon-Gravekeeper Counter deck topped a Frontier Cup, and Necrovalley is one way Zombie-DADs were countered (when they were more common.)

Harpies need another Harpie that's considered a Harpie Lady, and as for Toons and Archfiends, I never used them so I don't have the slightest idea on what they need.

Release so much support that those arch-types drown in it.

Srsly.

What' date=' like Heroes? They have tons of support, yet aren't that good. I think too much support would ruin them. If they could get a moderate amount of really good support, then that would be golden.

[/quote']

Big City. Elemental Hero Stratos. Destiny Heroes. Wildheart. Dark Gaia. etc. etc. etc.

Can we please get back to the topic at hand, that of the arch-types in the first post?

On that note, I was inspired by Kon's comment that the Harpies needed a new Harpie that wasn't treated as Harpie Lady, so I made one. You can find it here.

Anyway, I hope other people take this idea and make good support for these types.

Toons need more poweful monsters which follow the Toon Gemini Elf format (no attacking on first turn, but can afterwards without toon world and no cost to attack directly as well as another nice effect).

Archfiends are one of my favourite archetypes, but I'm not really sure what they need.

harpies doesn't need more support... because the support sometimes comes from cards that are not from the family... harpie decks died the day that raiza was limited...

toons need more support, maybe a field spell that counts as "toon world" and give some effect, a a better support trap and a toon draw engine (a toon allure, maybe)

in fact,I've just found out that an old archetype is blessed with support (courtesy of the Duelist Genesis)-the Spirit cards (monsters that look like japanese folklore creautures & gods that return to the hand at the end of the turn.)

in fact' date='I've just found out that an old archetype is blessed with support (courtesy of the Duelist Genesis)-the Spirit cards (monsters that look like japanese folklore creautures & gods that return to the hand at the end of the turn.)

[/quote']

They did get support, but there's not many Spirit monsters that are worth using. Especially since Tsuk and Yata are both banned.

Archived