[EMN] Liliana, the Last Hope + Oath of Liliana

.Rai

They didn't disappoint in the flavor text. Good on you, Wizards.

As for the planeswalker card, quite decent. People are giving it sheet, but they're forgetting how strong 3-mana walkers are by definition. I mean, when Nissa came out, she was dismissed as quite bad, and now she's a vital part of the best deck of the format.

As for the planeswalker card, quite decent. People are giving it sheet, but they're forgetting how strong 3-mana walkers are by definition. I mean, when Nissa came out, she was dismissed as quite bad, and now she's a vital part of the best deck of the format.

She is also being compared to Liliana otV. Kind of a stretch for power level, if anything.

Not a fan of the planeswalker. Her +1 seems good for the token matchup and does a great job at protecting herself, but the -2 just feels REALLY weak. Not sure on her ultimate since it is pretty slow, but I think if your playing her, its going to be one of the main reasons.

Her Oath is sweet though. Giving all your planeswalkers a friend to protect them and edicting everyone is powerful.

I've seen a lot of people compare her to Jace, Unbound Telepath. A card I think people thought was bad before it started getting used. 

Similar +1's (Lily's can actually kill stuff as well), a -2 instead of a -3 that lets you get back a creature to use whenever instead of a spell to use that turn. 

Admittedly Jace is 1 mana cheaper (And one colour symbol) and has a creature body that does stuff, and has higher starting loyalty but it's a decent comparison?

I have no idea if it's a fair comparison because I'm awful at judging the power of Magic cards, but it's worth thinking about. 

the pw is hella decent, repeatable gravedigger is nothing to sneeze at. unfortunately her emblem is so winmore it hurts, by the time you get to 7 loyalty you're probably doing just fine on boardstate already.

the oath is right up there with nissa's on power level

Archived