[Thought Prompt] Abortion

Dad

I'm pro-life, not anti-abortion. There are valid reasons to get an abortion (the three exceptions) but those should be done early and as soon as possible.

I'm not Anti-abortion becuase I think the second half of that cartoon is dispicable. Raising a child isn't a cheap or easy affair, and the government should be actively helping mothers through the period. Children are this countries future. I'm a believer that "socialized" healthcare is a right for mothers.

A child being born in the US should be desirable. That's the ideal, and the government need to start making it so.

I'd even gag and turn the other way if I absolutely had to, but Hillary wants the Hyde ammendment gone. That's one bridge too far for me to cross

It's not sex shaming Tom. It's not hard to get condoms/pills/Morning after. People just don't cause Pro-Choice rewards irresponsibility and offers you a safety net

Remeber, I'm the guy who wants the adoption system revamped so children can actully be sent to functional homes more rapidly.

i'm pro choice within reason; standard three exceptions, along with if the condom breaks, or if some other form of contraception fails (there's no way of knowing if that would be the case, but at the same time, there's no real way of proving it isn't for most forms of contraception, so i have to add them) of course, all of this only applies to the first trimester, past the first trimester, i'm closer to anti abortion, and at the third trimester, i'm all for criminalizing it.

have to say though, birthing/ raising a kid isn't something that a person should be forced to do, and while i believe it would be nice for the government to support parents in raising children, i believe the way it's being done ATM is horridly flawed in practically all aspects, and is in dire need of improvement. 

I'm not too firm on this issue but I do want to chime in that most pro-life people aren't necessarily in favor of restring a woman's right to her own body, but they don't recognize an unborn as part of a woman's body, but a separate entity. 

You can agree or disagree with that perspective, but it is important to recognize perspectives rather than using strawmen.

It's like how people act like pro-choice people just want to kill babies, when in actuality that is usually not the case. 

I'm not too firm on this issue but I do want to chime in that most pro-life people aren't necessarily in favor of restring a woman's right to her own body, but they don't recognize an unborn as part of a woman's body, but a separate entity. 

You can agree or disagree with that perspective, but it is important to recognize perspectives rather than using strawmen.

It's like how people act like pro-choice people just want to kill babies, when in actuality that is usually not the case. 

Only people that can't read

Pro-Choice, not pro-abortion

http://www.lifenews.com/2016/08/12/nurse-let-baby-die-who-was-born-alive-after-an-abortion-we-put-it-in-a-basin-and-wait/?utm_content=bufferf935f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#.V64Indh5izI.twitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What does this have to do with abortion? Yes, one of the services they provide is abortion, but that is ONE of, and it makes up a small portion of the services at that. Trying to defund them is throwing the baby out with the bathwater, simply asinine.

But on another note, what have you been trying to accomplish with these links? At this point is should be pretty clear that anyone you would want to comment has already done so and that providing link after link just isn't accomplishing anything. Not to mention you aren't even trying to add your own feelings to these. Take this link, what do you think of Obama do this? Is he overstepping? Should lawmakers be able to defund an organization that provides a host of important services simply because they object to one of them? These are thing you should give some thoughts on if you want some discussion to happen again. But you haven't.

With that said, I'm going to lock this thread. At this point you are beating a dead horse and if you really care that much about talking about abortion, feel free to make a new thread on the subject in a couple months or so.

Archived