Schwarzestein Kingdom

The Nyx Avatar

I mean you can go for it. Definitely worth it to give them some more variety.

However, small addendum on the Rank 8, as for a second I thought the other effects required the Black Knight. The fact that it is generic is kind of bad. I mean compared to other Rank 8's it's actually really strong. Photon Dragon can get its stats to 5600 by detaching a material, but it only deals half damage, the next highest is Full Armor Photon Dragon at 4000, so I really think it should be a 1000 point boost at most. Also, as for removal effects, no generic Rank 8's have non targeting removal or banishment, so again I think this is a bit strong. It would make the rank 8 toolbox too powerful imho.

But then again, there's barely any Decks that can access the Rank 8 toolbox anyways, and even then, it doesn't have a lot to offer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything that hates Pendulums is all right with me, though I'm wondering how one would practically summon the big level 8 guy and the big rank 8 Xyz guy.  I think it would be more practical to add a Rank 4 to the archetype (though tbh the archetype doesn't necessarily need one).  The only silly interaction I can think of is the searcher guy searching the Tuner, which pitches itself to revive the searcher guy.  It's not game-breaking, but it is silly.  Overall I like these.  They seem original, carefully designed, fun to use, and fresh despite being deceptively simple.

Anything that hates Pendulums is all right with me, though I'm wondering how one would practically summon the big level 8 guy and the big rank 8 Xyz guy. I think it would be more practical to add a Rank 4 to the archetype (though tbh the archetype doesn't necessarily need one). The only silly interaction I can think of is the searcher guy searching the Tuner, which pitches itself to revive the searcher guy. It's not game-breaking, but it is silly. Overall I like these. They seem original, carefully designed, fun to use, and fresh despite being deceptively simple.

Funny thing is that I am intending on adding a Rank 4 monster to the archetype. Maybe even a Level 5 Synchro monster. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

To Summon the Level 8 one, you'd use the lower Level monster's alternate effects to Special Summon them.

And thank you.

Funny thing is that I am intending on adding a Rank 4 monster to the archetype. Maybe even a Level 5 Synchro monster. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

To Summon the Level 8 one, you'd use the lower Level monster's alternate effects to Special Summon them.

And thank you.

Right but you would go -2 to summon him, which usually isn't worth it.  I think people would just stick to playing the level 5 guy and that's it.

Bishop: 2500 stats for an archetypal monster with a good effect is fine. The effect in question gets rid of hand advantage, which is always nice, making this card a decent first turn play. The lack of being able to target it is a bit disconcerting, I'd at least make it so the targeting protection only lasts while it has Xyz Material to make it more fair. Good job on putting the HOPT on the effect though to avoid those Trishula like loops.

Heiress: Being unaffected by traps is decent, pretty beneficial against PK Fire, but what's with the milling of your opponent's deck? I mean it feels like a less that stellar move over Bishop, and they aren't many decent Rank 5 engines that aren't just dedicated to getting out Cydrafinity. I'd say making it banish 2 cards from the Graveyard would be more beneficial, as you know what you're targeting then, and you could probably make it an effect to use during either player's turn for some disruption.

Bishop: 2500 stats for an archetypal monster with a good effect is fine. The effect in question gets rid of hand advantage, which is always nice, making this card a decent first turn play. The lack of being able to target it is a bit disconcerting, I'd at least make it so the targeting protection only lasts while it has Xyz Material to make it more fair. Good job on putting the HOPT on the effect though to avoid those Trishula like loops.

Heiress: Being unaffected by traps is decent, pretty beneficial against PK Fire, but what's with the milling of your opponent's deck? I mean it feels like a less that stellar move over Bishop, and they aren't many decent Rank 5 engines that aren't just dedicated to getting out Cydrafinity. I'd say making it banish 2 cards from the Graveyard would be more beneficial, as you know what you're targeting then, and you could probably make it an effect to use during either player's turn for some disruption.

I was thinking you could banish cards before they would be added; kind of like milling that Iron Chain Dragon or Doom Dozer would cause, except this one would prevent Burning Abyss plays from going off.

I was thinking you could banish cards before they would be added; kind of like milling that Iron Chain Dragon or Doom Dozer would cause, except this one would prevent Burning Abyss plays from going off.

Yeah, that's what I thought, and it certainly works, like I said, Graveyard manipulation I just thought would be better as milling from the Deck won't be that big of a problem for decks like Blue-Eyes that run 3-offs of everything. Just my opinion though.

Yeah, that's what I thought, and it certainly works, like I said, Graveyard manipulation I just thought would be better as milling from the Deck won't be that big of a problem for decks like Blue-Eyes that run 3-offs of everything. Just my opinion though.

What if I made it a choice, like:

2 Level 5 monsters

This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 of the following effects:

Banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck.

Banish 2 cards from your opponent's Graveyard.

Archived