Schwarzestein Kingdom

The Nyx Avatar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High Priestess: The destruction protection on a level 5 Synchro is already making me a bit leery. This isn't helped by the fact that it has what I consider to be the strongest form of non-targeting, non-destruction removal in the game. Like I think that effect should really only be on Immortal Phoenix, that's it. I mean looking at it, this is just a stronger Tiaramisu, with the added benefit of being able to hit Spells/Traps too. You could say the specific Tuner and non-Tuner requirements make it fine, but I really don't like it, especially since it can recycle from the Graveyard or Banished Zone. Again, it's better to focus on just one, as I really don't think any archetype should have this much inherent versatility.

Princess: Oh boy, an effect added for using a specific non-tuner material, that's awesome. I really wish Konami would experiment with this concept more often, it was really cool for Black Luster Solider - Super Solidier, how you could send the two mini-knights to the Graveyard to give it some awesome additional effects. Anyway, at 2700 it's unfortunately a bit lacking for that Towers-esque effect. I'd honest;y say you should make that 1000 ATK boost last until the end of your opponent's turn.

Queen: I feel like your Synchros got weaker as their stars rose. This definitely seems like the worst of the bunch. Limited to the Graveyard, you need to return exactly 2, only targeted non-destruction removal of one card.

Honestly, I think you need to put more focus on this archetype. You want to have high-level tribute monsters, you want to have Synchros, you want to have Xyz monsters, but it doesn't really feel focused. Make a proper Synchro ladder, or make it so that tribute summoning your monsters has more of a reward to it, that getting out Tuners isn't too hard, or spamming out monsters of the same level. It feels too slow, and I think tightening focus would go a long way in improving these cards.

High Priestess: The destruction protection on a level 5 Synchro is already making me a bit leery. This isn't helped by the fact that it has what I consider to be the strongest form of non-targeting, non-destruction removal in the game. Like I think that effect should really only be on Immortal Phoenix, that's it. I mean looking at it, this is just a stronger Tiaramisu, with the added benefit of being able to hit Spells/Traps too. You could say the specific Tuner and non-Tuner requirements make it fine, but I really don't like it, especially since it can recycle from the Graveyard or Banished Zone. Again, it's better to focus on just one, as I really don't think any archetype should have this much inherent versatility.

It's not; non-targeting banishing is.

Princess: Oh boy, an effect added for using a specific non-tuner material, that's awesome. I really wish Konami would experiment with this concept more often, it was really cool for Black Luster Solider - Super Solidier, how you could send the two mini-knights to the Graveyard to give it some awesome additional effects. Anyway, at 2700 it's unfortunately a bit lacking for that Towers-esque effect. I'd honest;y say you should make that 1000 ATK boost last until the end of your opponent's turn.

I never do that. If I make them last more than a turn it's usually until your next Standby Phase.

Honestly, I think you need to put more focus on this archetype. You want to have high-level tribute monsters, you want to have Synchros, you want to have Xyz monsters, but it doesn't really feel focused. Make a proper Synchro ladder, or make it so that tribute summoning your monsters has more of a reward to it, that getting out Tuners isn't too hard, or spamming out monsters of the same level. It feels too slow, and I think tightening focus would go a long way in improving these cards.

Well, I didn't originally intend to have Extra Deck monsters. They were more of a second thought that you suggested.

Non-targeting banishing isn't the strongest. It can be prevented by Imperial Iron Wall, which is often side decked because of Kozmo. No card in existence prevents cards from being sent to the Graveyard by card effect (I mean Macro Cosmos does, but the monster is still removed from the field, it just ends up being banished instead). You have to either negate the effect, or the monster you control has to be unaffected by card effects.

Non-targeting banishing isn't the strongest. It can be prevented by Imperial Iron Wall, which is often side decked because of Kozmo. No card in existence prevents cards from being sent to the Graveyard by card effect (I mean Macro Cosmos does, but the monster is still removed from the field, it just ends up being banished instead). You have to either negate the effect, or the monster you control has to be unaffected by card effects.

Yes it is. It is more difficult to recover banished cards than it is to recover cards from your Graveyard. And Imperial Iron Wall is no excuse on the matter.

Archived