captain morgan(the alcohol company) petitions for people under 35 to be president

vla1ne

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7878051-captain-morgan-under-35s-potus-petition/

um, well, i though i was gonna be going to sleep, but i decided to watch one more youtube video. lo and behold, the ad before the video was for people under 45 to have the right to run for president. so i had to make the topic before i pass out.

so i ask you guys, would people under 35 be suitable for running the country?

[spoiler=my own thoughts]

nope. nope, nope. i can't support this idea. alright, to elaborate the thought though:

people under 35 might be decent leaders, but more often than not, i would prefer to have them wait a few years. people need more than a little bit of experience in the world to run the country. looking at my younger self, and looking at some of the people i know under 30, i can say with full conviction that people need to spend time in the world at large before attempting to lead a large portion of the world at large. could some of the people under 35 lead the country properly? sure, i wouldn't say they couldn't, but that doesn't mean we should put them in a place to fail at such a young age. 35 and up doesn't prevent people from running, it just tells them to wait until they have a bit more experience under their belt. 

so in summary, no, because even if you've actually been successful, trying to run the country requires a record, and if you're under 35, no matter what you've got under your belt, you don't have enough time under your belt to back it up. 

while any adult above 18 indeed has the right to choose their next president, 20-30 year olds really aren't cut out to actually run the country. they don't have enough under their belt for the most part, and their older year old selves will be far better suited to run the country than their younger self. in any case. think about it, when you were 21, (if you are indeed above 18) did you think you could run the country? i know i did, but a few years later i realized that while i might have decent ideas, I lacked the experience and skill to actually enact them in any way that would benefit the people or the country. the right to vote is indeed important, but actually running the country? that's something that shouldn't be available to people fresh into adulthood. maybe if the argument is lowering it to 30 i could see a case, but from 21, or even 25+? i can't support it in the least. there's a reason that there's a scaling level of limitations. as you grow older, you understand more about not just yourself, but about how the world works, and with that understanding comes the ability to detail those observations as a plan. this petition is half cocked at best. the argument put forth is to involve more millenials in the voting process, but the proposed solution is far to absurd to be viable. you don't hand over the car just because you want the kids to take an interest in driving.

not sure if i put that down properly, it's 3 AM where i am, if you need anything cleared up from that, i'll do it when my body's not telling me to rest.

while any adult above 18 indeed has the right to choose their next president, 20-30 year olds really aren't cut out to actually run the country. they don't have enough under their belt for the most part, and their older year old selves will be far better suited to run the country than their younger self. in any case. think about it, when you were 21, (if you are indeed above 18) did you think you could run the country? i know i did, but a few years later i realized that while i might have decent ideas, I lacked the experience and skill to actually enact them in any way that would benefit the people or the country. the right to vote is indeed important, but actually running the country? that's something that shouldn't be available to people fresh into adulthood. maybe if the argument is lowering it to 30 i could see a case, but from 21, or even 25+? i can't support it in the least. there's a reason that there's a scaling level of limitations. as you grow older, you understand more about not just yourself, but about how the world works, and with that understanding comes the ability to detail those observations as a plan. this petition is half cocked at best. the argument put forth is to involve more millenials in the voting process, but the proposed solution is far to absurd to be viable. you don't hand over the car just because you want the kids to take an interest in driving.

not sure if i put that down properly, it's 3 AM where i am, if you need anything cleared up from that, i'll do it when my body's not telling me to rest.

If a 20 year old can win 270 EV don't you think that's something? I don't know too many that can mate

If a 20 year old can win 270 EV don't you think that's something? I don't know too many that can mate

the question isn't if they can win, anybody with decent ideas can win. if i ran for the seat, i believe i'd be a better candidate than either of the top two contenders at the moment, the question is are they able to properly stand in the world they're aiming to control. a 20 year old is, for the most part, still a child, yes, they can do impressive things, but they're going to be standing among the rest of the world. making decision that affect not just our country, but other countries as well. under 30 is too young to be allowed to deal with that kind of power, we haven't seen enough of them, and they haven't even made the attempt at running a city or a state. and if they're really able to do it, what would make them less qualified at 30-35 than at 20? if anything, that time would help them grow further, so that they would have have a solid identity and history backing them. run for mayor, or senator, or be an ambassador, or something else as they wait.

to me, this entire campaign appears to be little more than complaining that they can't get the highest seat in the country while they're still young. they can still run for a city or a state, so i see little reason for them to complain about not being allowed to run a country. use the lower seats to springboard into presidency, get results applicable to the resume, instead of complaining that the higher seat's not available yet.

again, i'd probably support lowering it to 30, but no lower.

I think the argument about getting people younger than 35 involved in legislature and congress say is that it would make them more represnative. If the US is anything like the UK, I imagine the make up of Congress represents a very specific sect of the population - Mostly old white men from fairly rich backgrounds. It lends them to being out of touch with an ever increasing branch of the voting population, and that's just... unfortunate. 

As for the idea of an under 35 year old being president - So long as you have good advisors and you listen to them when appropriate, you can be entirely unqualified but still make a fine president. I wouldn't personally support the idea of under 35 year olds being president unless they have an exceptional record, but in other parts of government deciding policy? Yes, it's a fantastic idea in my mind, because I am a huge believer in the idea of proportional representation.

I think it would be okay to allow it. Seeing as they're not going to make it if they don't have skill and experience and such anyway.

However I COULD see an issue in that younger voters would be all "Yeah someone younger, funk the old people!" no matter what which is sadly a legit concern.

Also why Captain Morgan. Like really.

Archived