No Man's Sky

Shradow

A game all about exploring space as you collect resources, upgrade your tech, and discover various planets as well as the flora and fauna on them as you make your way to the center of the universe. Admittedly, you could say the game is a bit bare bones right now (I've likened it to Minecraft's early stages in the beta), but with the game getting all future updates for free, we're sure to get some exciting new content (bases and space whales have been mentioned) going forward. And you can't deny the game is just darn pretty, it's like a beautiful wallpaper generator 24/7.

Yeah the PC port was kind of a sheet show, not surprisingly. Even AAA games on PC have terrible launches (TotalBiscuit attempted to stream the game and said, "This is Arkham Knight levels of bad."), and it's been happening so frequently that I've become primarily a console player with regards to anything that might be remotely PC intensive.

Anyways, there were no physical copies in any of the stores near me, so I ended up just getting a digital copy. Downloading it now, super excited.

Picked it up a few days ago and played it for a bit and it's really fun. Looks like what I expected it to be and I'm excited to see what they add to the game. I need to get off the starting planet, but I'm trying to explore every inch of it before leaving, I like to take my time in games like this. Thankful that we have it on the ps4 once I heard about the pc port, seems like that's a bit of a mess right now.

Sean Murray has come out and said he was "perhaps naive" regarding previously saying the game won't have paid DLC, but essentially said there'd only be the possibility for it they can't afford not to charge for it. They're a small company, I can understand that, and I imagine updates will still be free unless there's a very large, full-on expansion or something that they can't reasonably fund without charging for it.

Dude's unfortunately very bad at PR, "naive" seems like the right word to describe him. I imagine after his statement about no paid DLC, someone at Sony called him up and went, "Now, listen..." and had to give him a talking to or something.

I want to play this game but I don't know what specs are required for the PC version. I don't have a Playstation.

My PC can switch OSs between a Windows Vista (yes I know it's terrible) and Ubuntu. If I can play it on Ubuntu that'd be great, but I suspect not. Can anyone help me out here?

I saw a really good comparison about how this game is starting off, the person said it reminded them of vanilla Destiny. Of course compare Destiny now to what it was back then, and it's very different. I'm expecting the same sort of thing with NMS.

Anyways, currently on a planet full of gold and emeril, so that's cool. Got up to 31 exosuit slots, 21 ship slots, 12 multi-tool slots.

Archived