Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

fjATmXO.jpg

OOC Thread
Opening Theme

Episode One: Gathering

Domino City. A city that has stood the test of time, surviving many onslaughts of the forces of evil, and the forces of ego. It stands as a shining momument to the game of Duel Monsters, being home of Kaiba Corp, the largest and only distributor of the game.

Reffo City. The smallest city of them all. It's a peaceful place, with the most non-duelists in the world. Famous for its inns and resturants, it is the perfect place for retirement.

Taccon City. A city of wealth and knowledge. Academia relocated to this city, and has been teaching many the art of dueling. Many bright and powerful duelists come from their doors.

Turbo City. The center of Turbo Dueling, and the keeper of the Momentum Reactor. Life here is fast paced, and never slowing down, with card games on motorcycles running rampant on the streets.

Hearthome City. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. The local government is in shambles, being ran by the local gangs. However, a light shines in the dark hour...

Cradle City. A city where dreams can come true, or where they can be crushed in the blink of an eye. This is where stars are born, and where they show the world what they're made of.

These cities, although completely different, have one thing in common. A great evil is rising... and now they need heroes...

Domino City.
Domino City stood as the biggest city in the Greater Domino Area, and it was easy to see why. With its streets filled with cars and D-Wheels while the sidewalks were lined with every kind of shop you could imagine, it wasn't hard to find anything one might need.

However... there was thing that was considered extremely rare in this city. It wasn't a card, or a special kind of D-Wheel. No, it was a quiet corner away from the noise of the main city. And yet, for the card shop in the corner of a road, that was exactly the case right now. The sole worker was behind the checkout desk, dusting it off with a cloth, his long blue hair tied into a ponytail.

Suddenly, the front door opened, causing the worker to look up, scanning the area with his green eyes. It seemed he had a Turbo Duelist on his hands, if the white helmet the man wore was any sign.

"Hello, welcome to the High Corner Game Shop. How can I help you?" He asked the mysterious man. Looking closer though, the 'man' was actually a teen, although he couldn't gauge his exact age.

"Yeah, old man, can you tell me where Kaiba Corp is?" The teen asked in a undeniably male voice, undeterred by the fact he just called a person he didn't know old. Apparently, the worker didn't mind either, as he answered without missing a beat.

"It's the biggest building in the center of the city. You can't miss it," The blue hair man stated with a head shake and a chuckle.

"Thanks old man, I owe ya one!" The Turbo Duelist stated as he headed for the door. "Now I can find out what the hell was with the blank card those yahoos gave me!" The roar of an engine could be heard as he drove off.

The worker sighed as the teen left. He was only in his thirties, he wasn't that old. He shook his head as he shut the door, locking it and flipping over the closed sign.

"Guess they're coming in. I better go...," He muttered as he headed out the back. He needed to hurry...

[spoiler=OOC]Alright guys, let's get this party started eh? For now, just head toward's Kaiba Corps, show a secretary the blank card. Meet with other people, have flashbacks. Just make sure you end up at the KC by the end.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Cradle City-

-Before the Blank Card-

"It's over you crazy cosplayin' weirdo!"

A hush came over the crowd in the arena as the Duelist who was atop of a dragon: a Red Eyes Black Dragon. The apparent target, a young man dressed from head to in a white outfit who was running away from them as well as grungy looking wizard.

"Your finished! Red Eyes, knock this 'magician' down a peg!"

The Red Eyes roared as he flew towards the ivory clad Duelist, but it stopped suddenly, not being able to attack. "W-What the hell?!"

-BGM-

"Action Card activated!" Daichi said, tipping his white top hat, holding the Action Card: Battle Lock. "With this, your monsters can't attack this turn. So sad for you."

The audience erupted in cheers at this turnaround, making the opposing Duelist grumble. "Fine...ya flashy piece of...I end my turn!"

Daichi, rather...the Moonlit Magician, nodded as he jumped back. "I believe it's my turn!" he said, drawing his next card, smirking. "And unfortunately for our audience, its time for this to come to a close." he said, jumping into the air, as his Gagaga Magician grabbed his hand, floating upwards with him. Thanks Haruto... he thought to his monster.

"Don't mention it, Daichi. Now..." Gagaga Magician, Haruto, placed his Duelist atop of a building. "I believe its time to call the curtains for him."

"Ladies and gentlemen! I appreciate your patience..." Daichi smiled, before placing a card onto the Duel Disk. "I call forth, my Magician's assistant! Gagaga Girl!" As he spoke, Gagaga Girl appeared and stood beside Gagaga Magician. "And now, I choose to activate my Gagaga's abilities! First, the Magician! He now becomes a level 6! Second, Gagaga Girl, to which she becomes a level 6 as well. And with this...I activate the Overlay Network!"

Both Gagaga Magician and Gagaga Girl watched as the black vortex opened below them. The immediately fell into it and became astral energies...

"Arise from the dimension of mystic and wonder...grant this audience your presence! XYZ SUMMON! Work your magic, my lovely assistant! Magi Magi ☆ Magician Gal!!"

From the black vortex, arose a new monster: a female magician who was very pretty. She smiled before flying upwards towards Daichi, doing a small curtsy.

"And, since you used Ancient Rules on your Red Eyes, I can use the ability left by Gagaga Girl!" Daichi smirked, snapping his fingers, to which the Duelist's Red Eyes' attack suddenly dropped to zero. "And now, for the finale! I use my Magician Gal to Xyz once more!"

-BGM-

The Magician Gal nodded, before taking to the skies once more, before her silhouette was seen by the light of the midnight moon. Instead of a black vortex, there was a shimmering light that surrounded her.

"It's the finale, raise your wand and captivate those before you! Xyz Summon! Call forth the curtain call, Ebon Illusion Magician!"

Heeding the calls of his master, the shimmering silhouette began to slowly descend beside his ivory master, showing the new monster that appeared: Ebon Illusion Magician.

"N-No way! G-Get me outta here!!" the opposing Duelist shrieked, as the Red Eyes did its best to fly away.

"Ebon Illusion...take it out with style!" Daichi said, tipping his hat slightly, as Ebon Illusion flew off towards the Red Eyes, charging a dark energy blast from the tip of his wand. Without so much as a hesitation, he flung the orb of dark magic at the Red Eyes, making it explode on contact.

The Red Eyes was gone...and its Duelist's Life Points, reached zero. The audience roared in applause and cheers as the holographic boards declared that the "Moonlit Magician" won. Taking this moment to jump from the building, Daichi fell as his hand was caught by Ebon Illusion.

-BGM-

"Ladies and gentlemen...I humbly thank you for being able to watch this magical Duel." Daichi said, smiling, removing his hat from his head. "With that, I hope we will meet once more under the light of the midnight moon. I shall see you...next illusion!"

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"I will admit, that might've been one of your best performances out there, Daichi." Haruto spoke to his Duelist, floating alongside him as they returned home.

"Best one yet, Haruto. The audience just can't get enough of the Moonlit Magician!" Daichi chuckled, motioning to his bag which held his costume in it. "Still, I'm just glad I was able to put a smile on everyone's faces." he said, finally reaching home. It was still dark, so he assumed that the family was still working at the card shop. Putting the key in the door, he unlocked and noticed the mail on the floor from the mail slot.

"Dai...it seems one of them is labeled for you..."

Daichi looked again and saw that there was one directly addressed to him. There was no return address or anything...which was strange. Opening the letter, he pulled out a blank trading card and a letter. After reading what it said, he was surprised by the final words in it: ‘Do you want to save the world and the people that have disappeared? Then come to Kaiba Corp in Neoteric Domino City. Bring the blank card with you, it is your ticket in’.

"I don't like the sounds of it Daichi...its too strange." Haruto crossed his arms, breathing heavily.

"I agree...but other choice do we have? I mean c'mon, this screams mystery." Daichi said, seeing Haruto nod. "C'mon...we're heading to Domino. Man...haven't been there in so long..."

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-Neoteric Domino City-

-Present Time-

Daichi knew where everything was in Domino City, one of the perks of growing up here. However, with both growing up here and making a name for himself (and his Entertainment Duelist persona), he was definitely recognized by a few. Thankfully, though, they didn't bother him too much.

"So this is where you were born? Hmm, quite the quaint little city...you moved from this peaceful place to the hustle and bustle of Cradle?"

Daichi rolled his eyes, looking over at his specter of a partner. "What you fail to realize, is that Entertainment Duelists all get their start in Cradle...and besides, the family was able to move due to jobs." he said, stopping as he saw the building that was almost an eyesore of a building: the Kaibacorp building. "There we are...almost there!"

With that, he made sure his bag was slung over his shoulder as he and Haruto made their way towards the Kaibacorp building in a hurried manner.

“It’s much bigger on TV, don’t ya think?”

A middle-aged passerby turned sharply towards the speaker, a fair haired boy in his late teens or early twenties, and asked, “You talking to me?”

“Well, anyone who’s listening, really.” Akira Inao chuckled softly as he tilted his head back to try and catch a glimpse of the pinnacle of the KaibaCorp Tower. “I mean, wouldn’t you agree?”

“Er...I guess,” responded the older figure, unsure how exactly to continue this conversation. Fortunately for him, a sharp honking came from the other side of the street on which the two people were talking, for want of a better word.

“Oh, sorry, that’s my lift,” he muttered, even as he began to swiftly and purposefully stride towards the source of the noise, a small car with waving figures inside.

Akira gave a brief salute before turning back to the tall building, and to his thoughts. It was hard to imagine an actual reason for him coming to Domino City, and actually coming up to the building where many decisions regarding Duel Monsters. Except, of course, for the blank card that was now tucked safely within a pocket of tattered bag on his back.

Glancing around, he thought he could see quite a few other people heading towards the building a purposeful manner. It might be just his mind playing tricks on him, and Akira was content to keep the notion that he had been chosen specifically for, well, whatever the mysterious note he had been given meant. Do you want to save the world and the people that have disappeared? Deep stuff. He had probably been chosen due to his recent mastery of the game, displayed by his recent ventures on the Public Tournament channel. What a victory that was.

Thinking back to the question that was asked by the strange note accompanying the blank card, Akira realized only half of that sentence appealed to him. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to save whoever had vanished, but, first off, he hadn’t even been aware of that many disappearances, and secondly, he knew what happened to people who were found to have gone missing. Those kinds of things really didn’t bear thinking about.

Akira shook his head to disperse these less than desired thoughts. He had an adventure ahead, one he needed to only take a few steps into the KaibaCorp Tower to continue. And take a few steps he did, straight through the revolving door.

-Turbo City, The Nest-

-Before the Letter-

"Helena dear, could you come down here please?" The innkeeper called up the stairs of the building. Helena was cleaning up a room whose tenant had just left when she heard the innkeeper. "One sec... Ok I'm coming," Helena got done with cleaning the room before heading down to see the innkeeper.

"Ok I'm here, did you need something ma'am?" Helena asked as she stood at the reception area. "No dear, your doing a good job as it is, it's just that some letters arrived for you, one from Chris and one from, well I'm not sure who." The innkeeper said handing the letters to Helena. "Oh, thank you ma'am... I'm going on my break now, if that's ok?" Helena asked as she took the two letters in hand. "You deserve it dear, you've been working very hard after your brother left, is something on your mind?" She asked with a bit concern. "No it's fine, thank you ma'am." Helena headed back up the stairs to her room.

Helena's room wasn't anything special, save for a winged kuriboh plush on her bed and a duel disk on the table, it had a fair bit of dust on it. Helena sat on her bed and proceeded to open the letter from her brother Chris, to her surprise she didn't just pull out a letter from the envelope, but also a card, an Xyz monster to be precise. "Huh... weird, alright Chris, what have you been up to?"

Dear Sister,
I'm doing great on my journey, I've gotten a better insight into many dueling strategies and have collected a good amount of cards. I know you don't have much interest for dueling after the... incident, but I've found this rare Xyz card that reminded me of you, I put it with this letter, I hope you like it. I know your still scared to duel, but you can't be scared for long, you'll never get a hold of your powers if you never even use them. I'm not saying you should hurt the people your dueling just so you can gain better control, just move one step at a time and it'll get better for you. I miss you, and I hope to see you again someday.
Your brother, Chris

"I miss you too Chris," Helena put Chris's letter on the table along with the card and then proceeded to open the other letter. A card fell out of the envelope just like with Chris's, but this one was blank. "Even weirder, now what does this say... Kaibacorp... Disappearing people... Who sent this?" The letter spoke of saving innocent people and the world, or something to that extent, and the blank card was Helena's key to getting into Kaibacorp. Helena looked from her the letter, to her brother's letter, and then to her duel disk... she let out a sigh. "Your right Chris, I can't keep hiding, and this letter may just be my opportunity... maybe we will see eachother again... sooner than you think."

-Neoteric Domino City-

-Present Time-

"So this is the Kaibacorp building," Helena said looking up at the large building. "It sure is big." She noticed a couple of people going into the building, they looked like other duelists. "*Gulp* Well I didn't come here for nothing..." Helena said as she pulled her bag of belongings up a bit on her back. "Here goes nothing..." Helena entered the building.

fFBhNoG.png

Life Points (Aika): 5700

Life Points (Opponent): 8000

Storm Counters on Stormlet Supercell Zone: 30

"Yep, yer in fer it now," Aika exclaimed, clad in her usual yellow waterproof dueling attire. She looked uncomfortable. Whether that was a result of her current outfit, being knee-deep in rainwater, or the weather she'd stirred up in the Action Field that caused said buildup of water - most likely a combination of all three - was anybody's guess. The sky had gone all black, as walls of water crashed down upon Aika and her opponent. The fierce winds around the two threatened to carry the duelists away. Aika would have been long gone were she not clinging to one of the many trees that made up the Action Field's dense forest, but there was no telling how much longer it would last before being uprooted or struck by a bolt of lightning. Not that it mattered; she was ready to end this duel.

"First, I activate Stormlet Gust! By removin' two Storm Counters from my Stormlet Thundersurge, an' one from Stormlet Staticmist, I'll destroy them two face-down cards ya got there!" The wind intensified, nearly throwing the tree Aika clung to as if her life depended on it out of the ground, but the sudden rise in wind lasted only a moment. Just as quickly as the wind had picked up, it fell back down to its "normal" intensity, but not without destroying the two face-down cards Aika targeted first. "An' now we do the fun stuff! By tunin' my Level 3 Thundersurge an' my Level 2 Staticmist with my Level 2 Magnapuddle an' my Level 3 Flashflow, I'll Synchro Summon a Level 10 monster! Ya may wanna brace yerself." The quartet of Stormlet monsters took to the skies, fading into the thick black clouds overhead and prompting bright flashes of lightning accompanied by booming thunder.

"Synchro Summon! There ain't no eye in this here storm, so pick yer god an' pray! Let's finish this! Level 10, Stormleterror Cataclysm!" From above, what could only be described as a swirling vortex of water and lightning descended, with a Level indicator of 10 and an ATK/DEF display of 0/0. "This here monster gets 500 ATK and DEF plus one Level for every Storm Counter on it, and...it gains ten of those when summoned! In addition, I activate the effect of Stormlet Supercell Zone, and place all of its Storm Counters on Cataclysm!" The vortex created a roar of wind as its Level and ATK/DEF increased with the sudden influx of Storm Counters. It reached up, consuming the thick clouds overhead and draping the monster in a thick sheet of black, turning the vortex into what more resembled and acted like a full-on tornado.

Stormleterror Cataclysm: Level 50, 20,000ATK/20,000DEF, 40 Storm Counters

"Now normally," Aika yelled over the wind and rain, "this here would be the part where I banish yer whole field. But I really don't like wearin' this rain crap an' this tree's fixin' to pop out the ground like bread in a toaster, so I'll end it quickly. Cataclysm, attack Ghostrick Alucard! Disaster Collapse!" And the raging tornado obliged, moving toward the opponent's monster before condensing itself around the Rank 3 vampire. A bright flash of lightning from its inside delivered the message, along with the opponent's Life Points plummeting to zero. The Action Field and Solid Vision monsters dispersed, bringing an end to the storm that had plagued the field. Aika let out an audible sigh of relief as she took to undoing the buttons of her raincoat.

"Ya did yer best," Aika shrugged.

iU8EggM.png

That was three days ago. Aika was now in Domino City. When she'd returned home after her duel, there was a piece of mail addressed to her. It contained a blank card and a letter. Missing people, somebody in KaibaCorp was rounding up duelists to help find them. Aika, of course, was all-in with the offer. With any luck, these missing person cases and solving them would lead her to figure out what had gone down with her brother mysteriously up and vanishing. That was more or less her entire motivation for this; whoever had kidnapped the older Takakawa would have hell to pay.

She'd gotten lost more than once in the big city. She'd been laughed at a couple times because of her accent. One person even asked her where her parents were. However, despite the shame the day had presented her with, Aika pressed on. She wasn't giving up that easily, and the massive eyesore that was the KaibaCorp building was in sight. Aika didn't even want to think about how much money building something so tacky costed. She just wanted to get there, and so she picked up her pace, eyes set on her destination. So set, in fact, that she failed to spot a boy out the corner of her eye as she ran around a corner, running face-first into him and nearly falling over from the collision. Her nose hurt now.

"Hey, watch it!" Aika exclaimed, covering her nose with her hands. "Ain't ya never tried to...hey. Ain't I seen you somewhere before?"

“… and before I forget, I want the residents of our territory relocated to live closer together. Once that’s finished, increase your patrols. These disappearances are worrisome, and I do not want the people being harbored there to feel unsafe.”

“Yes sir. Is there anything else, Mr. Hark?”

“Yes. Inform the leader of the Digital Fiends that they are now allowed entry into the Crimson Heads’ area. They can keep half of what they obtain from the resulting turf battle; the rest is to be given to our people.”

“Understood.”

And with that acknowledgment, Lyall ended the call with the overseer he had stationed in his sector of Hearthome. He sighed, rubbing his face with the palms of his hands. Managing his gang’s territory got tiresome from time to time, but it wasn’t ever something he couldn’t handle. Lyall was simply frustrated and worried about his most recent visit to the wretched city. He had gone there to personally investigate reports of people disappearing from his sector, and also to reassure the people living there that they would remain safe and separated from the rest of Hearthome. Lyall felt he had done a pretty good job with the latter, but with the former… not so much. He and his workers had found nothing substantial regarding the missing. They had simply vanished. The only thing he had found was the displeasure of seeing the Crimson Head gang trying to breach his area’s borders. Because of that, Lyall had broken whatever agreements he had with them and essentially doomed them to be overtaken by their rivals.

Lyall kicked back in his comfortable chair, propping his feet up on his desk. Definitely not the etiquette his parents had taught him, but there was no one around. Besides, being like this helped him to think in a relaxed position. Lyall thought about his encounter with the Crimson Heads, then remembered that their demeanor had been… frightened. They mentioned something about strange and unsettling individuals wandering through their area at night, and that dueling with them ended “super bad”. They didn’t elaborate more, but it was clear they wanted sanctuary. Unfortunately for them, Lyall couldn’t have cared less for them, and dealt with them accordingly. If they wanted safety, then maybe the Digital Fiends would be nice to them and let them stay. Still, what they mentioned about “creepy weirdos walking around at night” was a somewhat useful tip regarding the whole disappearances thing. At least his people knew what to look out for now.

Now wanting to get his mind off of Hearthome for a while, Lyall flipped on the flat screen TV mounted on the wall. He flipped to a channel that regularly aired Action Duels from Cradle City, and watched with some interest the duel between the Moonlit Magician and some guy with too much bravado and arrogance to be worthy of a card like the Red-Eyes Black Dragon. At the end of the duel, Lyall switched off the TV feeling more pity for the dragon, then turned his attention to some papers at his desk. There was an envelope there, one stamped by the KaibaCorp logo.

“Snail mail, not E-Mail?”

Lyall opened the envelope, pulling out a folded letter and a card. He examined the letter first, and was surprised to be met with a mere three lines:

Do you want to save the world and the people that have disappeared? Then come to KaibaCorp in Neoteric Domino City. Bring the blank card with you, it is your ticket in.

Lyall’s eyes narrowed. Did KaibaCorp’s people know what was going on within Hearthome?

“Come to think of it… hasn’t the news been talking about disappearances all around the GDA?”

Lyall briefly examined the card he had gotten in the envelope, noticing that it was made of the thin, special alloy all Duel Monsters cards were made of. It also bore the swirling design of the cards, but as the letter mentioned, it was blank, having no indication of being a Trap, Spell, or Monster card. Lyall gave it no more thought for the time being and slipped into a black blazer before leaving his office with his duel disk.

About three hours later, Lyall was at the entrance gate to KaibaCorp. During the long ride, Lyall had made the appropriate call to his family and important associates informing them that he would be away doing “business” with KaibaCorp. He thanked his driver, gave him a nice tip, and stepped out of the vehicle. It wasn’t the first time he had been here, so Lyall was not at all intimidated by the place’s grandeur, fancy business people, or security milling about. He did see a few people that seemed out of place though, as they definitely weren’t dressed the part. And hell, that one guy walking past the fountain looked eerily similar to the Moonlit Magician. Lyall mentally shrugged and entered the building (passing by yet another “out of place” individual), making his way over towards one of the secretaries with the blank card tucked in between his fingers.

“Greetings, I am Lyall Hark. It isn’t the first time I’ve been here before to attend to business but…”

Lyall showed the secretary the blank card.

“I believe that this makes me privy to a special kind of meeting.”

-Duel Academia-

-Advancement Examination, Blue Area-

-Day before the blank card-

"...and now Sigilstar Taurus attacks your Marshmallon," came the bored declaration of battle from a young man with violet hair. As he said it a large Minotaur monster rammed into a creamy white blob creature, which bounced away as the beast continued to charge.

"So what? My Marshmallon can't be destroyed in battle!" was the confident reply from his opponent, a Duelist 2 years his junior in a golden jacket which matched his own blue jacket in style. "He's in defense position so I'll take no damage!"

The Minotaur's master quirked an eyebrow and smirked. "Is that so? Pity Taurus inflicts piercing damage in battle. It's over." His monster then rammed directly into the opposing Duelist, tossing him to the side like a used tissue as his LP fell to 0. "I'll still recommend you advance to Obelisk Blue. It's not your fault the staff thought my Deck was conducive to these exams, when even other Obelisk Blue students struggle with taking me on." The holographic monsters faded as the victor lent a hand to his fallen foe, aiding his return to the upright position. "You still fared better then others, and I can respect that."

"Forget it, Starstrike. I'm not going to advance unil I win at one of these tests. Believe it!" The fallen participant walked off to the waiting area to watch as the other Ra Yellow students examined the potential Slifer Red students looking to move up.

"Guess I'd better see how Naomi's doing with her test. I've got time before the next hopeful arrives." The Starstrike Duelist muttered to nobody in particular, making his way to a different building altogether.

-Advancement Examination, Yellow Area-

"Alright, Slifer Slacker, if you defeat this monster I'll Surrender the Duel, how's that?" an arrogant tone sounded out as he stared down a girl across her blank Monster Zones. "I activate Polymerization, sending Trance the Magic Swordsman in my hand to the Graveyard, along with my B. Dragon Jungle King on the field." The examiner then close his eyes and struck an odd pose as his monsters swirled in a ball of light "Adventurer of the mystic cosmos, merge with the jungle dragon and explode with new power! FUSION SUMMON! Burst forth, First of the Dragons!" 

The girl just blankly stared at the display for "...You're from Cradle, aren't you? And you joined the theatre club? There's really no need to show off that much here, it's not an Action Duel." The Red Student then brushed her violet locks over her shoulder and pressed 3 buttons on her Duel Disk. "... and I don't need you to surrender, I'll win this the normal way! I activate my 3 face-down cards. Soldiering Onwards times 3! Each of these lets me Summon an Earth Monster from my Graveyard with 300 DEF. I restore my Valiant Knightcorn (L4, 1500/300), Resolute Commander (L6, 2300/300), and Berserk Maiden! (L4, 1700/300)"

"Heh, putting up walls won't save you, First of the Dragons attacks your Knightcorn." The massive black dragon lunged forward and ate the girl's unicorn-rider whole, horse and all, but not before the rider shot off a magical flare into the sky.

The girl smiled pleasantly, giving her opponent an unnerving sense of familiarity. "Thank you. I can now use Knightcorn's effect and summon 2 copies of Solemn Soldier - Sigil Sisters from my hand and Deck."

"My turn ends, and your deck is giving me Deja vu, though I'm not sure why." Came his sarcastic remark. "Proceed, Examinee Naomi."

Naomi drew her card, her smile never faltering. "I Normal Summon the leader of my Solemn Soldiers, Hopeful Hime. Next, I'll activate the Equip Spell, Secret Sword of the Solemn Soldiers and give it to my Hime. This spell makes her treated as both a Warrior and a Spellcaster, and gives her an extra 600 ATK for each of my monsters that is one of those types. I count 5." All of Naomi's monsters began to glow with a golden light, which focused itself around the sword their princess now held. "And that means her attack goes up by 3000!" A holoscreen appeared before them both, showing the rise in her monster's power. "Hopeful Hime attacks your First of the Dragons," she took a swords stance perfectly mirroring her monster's. "Blade of Glory, attack!" As one with her monster, Naomi brought down her imaginary blade as Hopeful Hime sank her holographic one into First of the Dragons's skull, causing the monster to explode with the same golden light and her opponents LP to drop by 2300. Leaving him with 5700. "and for good measure, my Sigil Sisters will all attack you directly!" Two sets of twins set upon the Ra Yellow student, pummeling him with spells and blades from all sides as his LP dropped again to 4700, then 3700. 

"Well done. There's nothing I can do to stop that wall of monsters with my current hand," the Yellow opponent admitted, "except, of course... this! I activate Dark Hole, destroying all your monsters!"

"I banish my Soldiering Onwards cards to protect my commander and maiden, sacrificing my own strength to save them!" Naomi smiled even brighter, getting into the entertainer spirit her opponent just exuded in mass levels. "My LP fall by half their ATK, but it will be worth it in the end." another display showed her LP dropping from 2100 to 100.

"It was a good duel, but you still have a long way to go. Field presence isn't everything. I summon Activate Ancient Rules, allowing me to Special Summon Meteor Dragon (L6 1800/2000) from my hand. Good fight, but good night. Meteor Dragon attacks Berserk Maidenm, reducing your LP to 0 exactly!" A Purple-scaled dragon head emerged from a meteor in the sky. Launching a large fireball directly at the Maiden.

Naomi sighed as she returned her cards to her Deck after the defeat. "Thank you for an fun and entertaining duel. I'll just have to try better next time!" She turned to run off, not bothering to listen to the results, but not at all affected by her loss. she stopped only out of politeness when her examiner addressed her directly

"There's something familiar about you I just can't shake, Slifer. Is there someone in this school you're related to?" He asked her, reshuffling his Deck to take on his next examinee.

She turned and cheerfully replied, "Oh, yeah, my big brother goes here and is an Obelisk Blue examiner today. I think his letters said you all call him the Starstrike Duelist? That's a neato title. Gotta go~?" and she left the arena at that.

"Her brother is...? Oh crap. And I was talking to like... Yeah, hopefully I don't get him during my own advancement exam next week." The Yellow Duelist muttered to himself as he began to break out in a cold sweat.

-Taccon City, Outside Academia's Main Gate-

Naomi waited patiently for her brother to appear, doing some of her duel physics homework in the meantime. "So, if I were to destroy the Castle of Dark Illusions's floatation ring while the Swords of Revealing Light are active in an Action Stadium... Oh, there you are, Lee~" She closed her notebook and sprang to hug her Obelisk Blue brother as he approached.

"Hey-hey, Nay-nay. What do you say-say?" the Starstrike Duelist, Lee Paladin, returned his sister's embrace, shocking every student in the vicinity when his seemingly constant serious expression broke into a warm smile. "How did your test go? My examinees from Yellow all forfeited, except one guy that managed to destroy my Zodiac Dragon. Can't say you're the only one to do that anymore." He booped her nose and laughed, disturbing the other students further at the extreme shift in his persona.

"Oh, I almost had him but he tricked me into paying all my LP to save monsters... only to smack me for 100 and win. Better luck next time, right?" Naomi reported with a face full of youthful optimism. "I got both our mail while I was waiting, wanna open it in your room or mine?"

Lee smirked, "Let's go to yours this time. Seeing us together will turn other students off from messing with you, sis." He then took her hand and they turned in toward the Slifer Red dorm, which was effectively a glorified garden shed. "I still don't get why they couldn't make all 3 dorms like the Ra Yellow dorm, instead of all this... crap for Red and a friggin palace for Blue."

The duo entered Naomi's room, which was conveniently devoid of roommates for the time being. "Ciel must still be at her tests, let's open our mail before she gets back and blathers our ears off about it." She then dumped her backpack on the table that was just a bed-drawer installed upside-down. "It's just the usual care packages from mom and dad. What did you get in yours?" 

"Huh, looks like a new expansion on my Sigilstars. 'Sigilstar Sages'. I'll have to try them out sometime. What about yours?"

"Ooh~ I got new Synchro monsters! I bet the girls will love piloting this mech~" Naomi bounced with joy showing off her new card.

Lee just smiled and messed her hair in response. "There you go again talking about them as if they were more than Solid Vision. You're so cute, Nay-nay. Say, Tomorrow's a free day for us both. Let's go out and find an ice cream shoppe in the morning. Sound good?"

"You bet! Lets~ See you then, Lee." Naomi laughed and went straight to adding her new cards to her Extra Deck.

-That night-

Naomi lay in bed, dead to the world for how heavy she slept. Her roommate always staying up to unholy hours on video duel puzzles saw to train her in that regard. this night however would end differently as a knock came to the door, several hours after lights-out. "Ugh, dammit, they broke my focus... now I gotta start from the beginning again..." Ciel grumbled as she made her way to the door. "What is it thi--" and everything went black as a shadowed figure engulfed her entering the room. The figure also engulfed Naomi's sleeping form and carried the two of them away leaving naught of a trace.

"Hmm..." Lee hummed to himself while waiting in line. "Naomi couldn't have just forgotten I was coming... maybe she went to my room after I left? I'll have to go back and check..." The mail clerk handed Lee only a small letter-sized envelope when his turn came. "If this is another love letter from that mystery fangirl, I swear..." Lee muttered as he pocketed the letter and returned to his dorm room to find Naomi was not there either. "Well, she wouldn't just wander campus for me... and we'd definitely pass each other by the Ra dorms if it were a mistake on the meeting point... something's got to have happened to her. No, bad brother instincts, no conclusion-jumping just yet..."

Lee decided to check the cafeteria, then finding her not there, opened his mail, pulling out a letter with a blank card folded inside. 

Do you want to save the world and the people that have disappeared? Then come to KaibaCorp in Neoteric Domino City. Bring the blank card with you, it is your ticket in.

Lee just stared at the blank card he was given. Everything on the face side was a blank white void. "Huh, that's certainly convenient. You bet your ass I'm going to come. My sister is one of those who disappeared!" He bolted out the door and hopped the first bus to Neoteric Domino he found.

-2 hours later, KaibaCorp-

Lee passed multiple others just as out of place here as he was in his Academia uniform and slammed his blank card on the secretary's desk and looked her dead in the eye. "My sister disappeared this morning, and now I got a letter saying this gets me into a meeting about disappearances like hers? What's going on?"

“That’s the last crate,” a young redheaded teenager sighed to himself as he set a crate of food down onto the floor of a refrigerated storeroom. He took a moment to straighten his back out and dust sleeves of his blue coat off. His reprieve was only brief, however, as a slightly calloused hand grasped his shoulder tightly. He turned around to see a tall, muscular, middle-aged man with rusty-brown hair looking down upon him with a smirk on his face. “You all done here, Shorty? We're just about ready to serve the tenants food.” His smirk widened into a hearty grin after he finished that sentence.

The redhead sighed in mock exasperation, shrugging the man's hand of off him. “C’mon, Mitchell. You know it hurts me whenever you call me that,” he responded, crossing his arms. The towering man then put his hand on the boy’s head and ruffled his hair with a chuckle. “And I will always call you that, Eizar. Now come, you got some mouths to feed,” Mitchell stated before slapping Eizar in the back, sending him stumbling out the doorway.

A while later after Eizar and the cooking staff served their guests for the hour, he finished cleaning kitchen before going to Mitchell's room on the second floor. “Excuse me, Mitchell,” Eizar began before knocking on the door. “Is it alright if I took a break for a while?”

There was a contemplative hum behind the door before the man responded. “Of course you can! You've worked pretty hard as of late, so you deserve a break.” There was a short pause before he continued with “But, knowing you, you're probably not gonna be taking a break.” Eizar slightly recoiled at the quip before letting out a chuckle. “Yeah, I guess you got me there. Thanks, boss!” Before he could turn to go downstairs, Mitchell called out to him. “No problem. Just make sure you come back within the hour, Shorty.”

Eizar walked out of Another Home's front door before proceeding to jog to one of Old Town's shrines. Once he got there he took the necessary procedures before dropping a coin in the offertory box and taking 2 bows before closing his eyes and offering his prayer. ‘To whoever may be listening, please hear me. I just want to ask for one thing: to know that my parents are alright. I have asked of this multiple times, but I can't stop thinking that they're still out there somewhere.’ He then opened his eyes, clapped twice, and bowed once more before taking his leave of the shrine.

When he arrived at the inn, he was suddenly grabbed by Mitchell and dragged by the wrist all the way upstairs and to the man's room, yelping as he was thrown inside with the door slamming behind them. Eizar turned to Mitchell, about to ask what was wrong with him before his boss interrupted him with a “Shut up and look at this for a second.” Mitchell then shoved an envelope into Eizar’s face and continued. “It's a letter from KaibaCorp.” He then handed it to Eizar, who was trying to process what they just heard before he snapped his fingers in front of his dependants face. “I haven't opened it, mostly because it was addressed to you. What are you waiting for? Open it.” Eizar blinked back into reality, nodding his head and tearing the top of the envelope open. He then proceeded to read the letter aloud. “Do you want to save the world and the people who have disappeared? Then come to KaibaCorp in Neoteric Domino City. It's your ticket in.” A pensive look passed over his face as he mulls over the contents the letter. “People who have disappeared…” Mitchell spoke up before Eizar could go in too deep in thought. “It's probably talking about the disappearances that have been happening recently.” Eizar looked up to Mitchell with a pleading look. Mitchell put on a look of defiance, staring into the boys eyes for a while minute before letting out a groan. “I know that I can't stop you once you put your mind to something, so I won't. If this helps you find closure or something better then I'll support it.” He then walked up to Eizar before pulling him into a warm hug. “Just be safe out there, kid. I don't want to go while having you on my conscience.” Eizar could only let out a hushed “Thanks,” before breaking the embrace. Mitchell proceeded to give Eizar a sizable amount of money for a Reffite, following up with “Don't worry about it. You're gonna need a cab if you wanna get to Neo Domino in a timely fashion. And who knows how long you're gonna be way for?” He closed his adoptive sons hand around the money before continuing. “It's coming out of your paycheck, though, Shorty.”

Approximately 3.2 hours later he arrived at KaibaCorp Tower, reveling at the sheer size of the structure that stood in front of him. “Wow. The building's much bigger when you see it up close,” he breathed out before regaining his composure. He came here with a purpose, not to go sightseeing. With that in mind, he entered the building with a look of determination. He looked around the inside of the building, noticing that there were a few people that didn't fit the attire of the other people walking around, but regained his focus, headed straight for the secretary. There appeared to be done others who held the same type of card as him, making him look back to the people who did out and wondering ‘Are they all here for the same reason?’ He pondered about how many people there could be for the same thing as he waited for his turn to show his card.

tsYHWoc.png

Yuria Kaneko had just got up from watching an anime that she just happened to find in the right time slot, and flicked off the TV. She darted off to her room and grabbed her things, including her ticket for the train to go to Neoteric Domino City. Clambering over her shoulder, Yuria could see two different insects on her shoulder. One of them looked to be a small white scorpion with thin legs and an equally thin, shorter-than-normal tail that seemed to only have one muscle. The other small was more akin to a spider; it was black with a gold colored skull and crossbones on its abdomen and had bright green eyes to boot.

"Don't forget that card, Yuria," reminded the spider, "How else are you gonna get in?"

"I already got it, Neobis," the girl said in response, "It's in with the rest of my things."

"Yeah, and never mind that anyway; we've got a train to catch!" the scorpion chimed in.

"Pfft, we still got plenty of time Palpigrad,"  Yuria scoffed, as she headed outside and slammed the door... only for it to fall inwards and onto the hallway. The girl rolled her eyes; this would happen all the time and she was over it already, but there was nothing she could do about that door until she could get her hands on some hinges to fix it with. In the meantime, Yuria settled for the usual quick fix, that being duct tape, and locked the door in hopes that would hold until she got back.

It took her a few hours to get to the Neoteric Domino City from the metropolis from hell that was Hearthome City, and it took a couple more to actually find the KaibaCorp Headquarters. Inside, there were more people waiting outside the lobby; among which were a business tycoon of sorts that was already talking to a secretary, an Obelisk Blue student who claimed to be missing his sister, a girl who appeared to quite literally come from the middle of nowhere and a cosplayer. There was another being that Yuria would see if she'd turned round, right next to the cosplayer. He was humanoid, and donned a weird looking robe and hat.

"Wait. Is that... a Gagaga Magician?" asked a curious Palpigrad, causing Yuria to look over, and more closely.

"Hmm... hey yeah, I think so," Yuria said aloud, not knowing nor caring who was watching her, "Huh, and I bet the guy next to him doesn't even know there's a Duel Spirit next to him. Oh well, guess I..."

"I don't know about that," Neobis intervened, in a tone that implied that he knew better. Perhaps he did. Perhaps, unlike what she was about to say, Yuria wouldn't be feeling as though she were talking to herself out in the open after all. Perhaps this cosplayer had noticed Palpigrad and Neobis on Yuria this whole time, and had chosen not to say anything about it. Who knew?

Only time would tell if Yuria had finally encountered someone else who was capable of seeing Duel Spirits.

The car barely missed Tycho's foot s he pulled it up onto the curb, stepping hurriedly off the busy street. The roads around KaibaCorp Headquarters were choked with vehicles, the sun gleaming off their polished surfaces with harsh glares that made Tycho squint his eyes. His home always seemed to be dark and gloomy, his eyes unused to the brightness and color around him. 

He turned up his head, eyes running up the building to the familiar logo that rested atop it. He narrowed his gaze as he took it in. He remembered another occassion he had seen this exact same building, many many years ago. He could have been standing behind the glass of the hundreds of windows it held now, instead of on the sidewalk below.

His hand went to his breast pocket, and he felt the outline of the object within. He threw his rising memory to the back of his head, and instead reflected on how he had come here today as he walked towards the entrance doors. It was a much less painful memory.

- - - - - 

Pain exploded in Tycho's face as the youth's fist smacked into his jawbone, and he was sent plummeting to the wet street below, headlanding in a rain puddle that quickly fogged red with the blood that leaked from his eyebrow. The young man shook his fist out, sneering as his two friends threw in savage kicks to Tycho's stomach and back.

"The hell is your problem, old man?" he asked derisively. "You couldn't beat all three of us in a duel, you think your crusty ass can take us in a fist-fight?" He drew his hood over his head to shield it from the pouring rain, gesturing for his friends to follow him. "C'mon, guys... He won't cause us any trouble again."

Tycho was on the street for a few minutes before he managed to drag himself back into the bar where the altercation had began. He slumped at the bar, face an unreadable mask. The bartender sighed at the familiar sight, plonking a glass filled to the brim with a brown substance that Tycho gratefully downed in one go.

"I don't know what you think you'll accomplish trying to fight these guys by yourself, Tycho," he said wearily. Tycho coughed roughly, rubbing at his aching chest. "Look at you, this is killing you."

"I died years ago," was Tycho's sole, bitter reply. The bartender sighed, reaching down below the bar and issuing an envelope, which he threw down next to Tycho's empty glass. Tycho eyed it blankly.

"Some suit left this here for you," he said by way of explanation. "I think he meant to get it to you in person, but you were... busy outside." He quickly refilled Tycho's glass before setting off down the bar again, tending to other patrons.

Tycho reached down to the envelope, fumbling it open with his numbed, rain-soaked fingers. Two things fell out of his grasp: One was a letter. The other a card, landing face-down.

Tycho read the letter grimly, lips pursed. The dissapearances... Yes. There was something very wrong going on... But bad enough the world needed saving? He looked around the dingy bar, the small holes that permeated the walls, the slight cloud inside his drink. He screwed up his face in disgust. The world could go to hell if it thought  it needed saving before this place.

It wasn't until the mention of KaibaCorp that Tycho paused. He looked over the letter again, before reaching over to his side to turn over the card.

- - - - - - - 

It was the blank, white side of this card he now presented to the secretary inside KaibaCorp, holding it up as he walked to the side of Lee.

"I think we're here for the same reason, young man," he said solemnly, giving him a reassuring grip on the shoulder. His sister, freshly missing... The poor boy was probably sick with worry. He turned his gaze to the secretary, his gaze resolute and steely.

"Tycho Bosko," he said simply by way of introduction. "I beleive we all received the same letter, yes?" he asked, raising his voice so everyone else in the lobby would hear it. He held up the blank card higher, for the others toall see they bore the same white card. "What is the meaning of this?" he asked, a hint of anger in his voice. "Mr. Kaiba has a lot of explaining to do, especially if he thinks he can summon us here with so vague a message and not expect to give us answers."

7e8xcYT.png

A blank, white square was the only thing in the girl's vision. It was something that she hadn't really understood all that much, in either its purpose or use, but it was in her possession nonetheless. And no matter how hard she looked at it, the only defining feature of it was, ironically, how completely featureless it was. Sighing, bending her fingers down and thus causing the white sheet before her to no longer obscure her vision, all that lay before the girl now was the endless series of buildings that stretched to the sky. The city was not unlike her own home city of Cradle, what with the same kind of ever present hustle and bustle mixed with some manner of structure that was always in view no matter far or high one looked. Yet, there was one thing that the city of Domino had over Cradle, and that was that it had the destination the girl was looking for; the imposing building emblazoned with a large KC across it. 

Furiko hadn't been paying all that much attention to the news on the mysterious disappearances of people, nor was she too knowledgeable on the idea that the world was in a state that it needed saving to begin with. However, given the gravity of both of the simple message and the company that had sent it, the girl didn't quite feel like she was in a position to refuse this. As such, the girl had now found herself walking closer and closer to the large buildings, putting the blank card back with the rest of her deck as she did so. 

While Furiko had rarely been to the city of Domino, and thus wasn't too familiar with its layout, it helped that the building that she was looking for was something that towered over everything else. As such, the walk there wasn't as troublesome as it likely could have been, and Furiko had managed to get to the Kaiba Corp building without much of an issue. As she got there, though, it appeared that there was quite the gathering of people who had already gotten there before her. Thinking it was too much to be a coincidence, she wondered just how many people were invited here to solve this issue. As she scanned the crowd, simply to get a cursory glance at everyone who had gathered here, there were two faces that stuck out in particular to her. One was the red head girl, someone she wasn't too familiar with but she was almost certain that she'd seen her face around a bit before. The other being the male the red head was directing her attention to. 

"Yo, Daichi." She said, a slightly surprised look on her face as she walked over to greet him. "Don't think I was expecting to see you here, though, I probably wasn't expecting any of these people here either." Before she could catch up with her fellow action duelist further, one of the people who had come to this meeting place, one of the oldest of them, seemed to draw the attention of most around him, as he went straight into getting to the heart of the matter. Pulling her own blank card out, showing in the direction of the secretary before saying, "yeah, would you be able to tell us what those letters were all about?" While she was definitely curious her voice was one that was much more level then the man who had spoken prior. 

As Daichi kept heading towards Kaibacorp, he was unaware of a girl just appearing out of nowhere...however, Haruto did.

"Hey! Look out!" the Duel Spirit shouted, only to face palm at seeing Daichi bumping into this young girl.

"Hey, watch it! Ain't ya never tried to...hey. Ain't I seen you somewhere before?"

Daichi stepped back after bumping into this girl who seemed to just appear out of nowhere. He smiled nervously, before extending a hand out to the young girl. "Sorry about that. Probably should watch where I'm going." he chuckled lightly, only to notice that not only had she obviously seen him somewhere, he had seen her around too. Like a bad case of dejá vu.

"Fairly certain that this girl lives in Cradle, Dai." Haruto spoke, floating up beside Daichi with his arms crossed.

"Wait...aren't you that Storm Duelist in Cradle?" Daichi asked, before snapping his fingers. "Yeah! There's no doubt about it! Akia Takakawa, right?" He smiled before shaking his head. "Well it's nice to see another Cradle person here. Anyway, I'm Dai-"

"Yo, Daichi."

Daichi paused in mid-sentence, before turning around to notice another girl that had called out to him. This one, he knew personally. Furiko Hoshizora, a Pendulum Entertainment Duelist who, like himself, ran Magicians. He had performed alongside with her on a couple of Duels, so they had a pretty good friendship going.

"Furiko! Didn't expect to see you here either!" Daichi laughed, as Haruto simply bowed in seeing Furiko. Daichi returned to facing Akia before smiling. "Yeah, my name is Daichi Raimu. But...you probably have seen me during one of my matches in Cradle...as the Moonlit Magician." he said. Waving his hand at Furiko, Daichi watched as she was already in another conversation...and pulling out a Blank Card.

"She has one too? So does the people she's speaking with..." Haruto said, bringing his hand up to his chin. "What could this mean?"

"Honestly Haruto...I don't have a clue." Daichi sighed, sticking his hands in his pockets, before smiling. "Still, a little bit of an interesting development!"

The reception area was buzzing with activity, a few of the people here even looked like other duelists. "I might be getting in a little over my head with this..." Helena whispered to herself. There was no telling what this whole deal about saving the world meant, but Helena couldn't help but be nervous about it, especially with all the apparent duelists around. A man at the reception counter was calling out about the blank cards, and it seemed that the other duelists had them too. "Ok, now I'm getting in over my head..." Helena looked down at her duel disk and remembered her brother's letter. "*Sigh* I can't keep hiding, I can't..."

Helena saw a group of duelists chatting but... a group was too much. She saw a girl who was seemingly talking to herself. "Duel spirits most likely... no, no, no... keep the eyepatch on Helena..." As much as she wanted to see the duel spirits too, Helena just couldn't bring herself to take her eyepatch off, people may get the wrong idea about her if she just went around with a glowing, green eye. Lastly, there was the man with the blank card, and another man at the reception counter. The guy with the card seemed a bit too... edgy, and the other guy... "Uuuugh... why can't I work up the courage to just talk to someone!?!" Helena moaned to herself.

Eizar still stood a slight ways off from the counter, having just heard the middle-aged man call out about the blank cards. ’Looks like I was right. We’re all here for the same thing,’ he concluded. The only other teen there within range of the reception counter appeared to be one of the Paladin siblings, the less social and apparently more no-nonsense of the two. ’Is that really him though? He’s not acting like how people say he does,’ Eizar thought, before beginning to look for any other people that he had not noticed when he first entered the building in order to pass the time. The first to catch his notice was a trio consisting of a brown-haired boy and two girls, one much shorter than the other, conversing amongst themselves. ’Close friends, perhaps?’ Then there was the petite pinkette(?) who was talking to herself. ‘It’s not weird for somebody to be mumbling to themselves in introspect, heck I do it sometimes, but audibly speaking to themselves? Oh well; to each their own, I guess.’ He continues to look around, eyes falling onto a lanky, yet plainly athletic fellow who probably in his teens or coming out of them. Nothing really stood out about him aside from the clothing. ’He seems decently confident in himself.’

His attention then came onto a girl with stark-white hair, wearing what appears to be an eyepatch, almost trembling to the point that one could mistake her for a bipedal chihuahua. ’She obviously nervous about this. She kinda reminds me of when I first went to the Duel Academy.’ His face reflexively softened at the comparison. ’Maybe I should try putting her at ease,’ he began to himself, then continued with ‘But what if I mess up and make it worse?’ In the end, he decided that having tried and failed would have been better than not trying at all. With that in mind, he steeled himself for what might be one of the most awkward conversations he might ever have and walked towards her, stopping within one meter in between the each other to avoid encroaching upon her personal space. He then spoke out with a slight tremor. ”Hi there. A little nervous, are we?” Eizar then cleared his throat, trying to calm himself down and collect his thoughts. 'C’mon, Eizar. You can do this.’ He then opened his mouth to continue, his voice staying out to say ”That's alright, I'm a bit nervous myself. Heck, I think everyone who's been brought here is a little on edge,” pausing to hair her reaction to his attempt to break what he perceives to be a miles-width of ice.

Today was a busy day for Helen. She was a new secretary to Kaiba Corp, and she was tasked with leading in people with 'blank cards' into a meeting. She figured it wouldn't be an issue, before realizing she had no idea when they would come in. And even if she did, she didn't expect them to all come barreling in at once.

"I believe that this makes me privy to a special kind of meeting.” Lyall Hark... well, that seemed to be someone that would meet Mr. Kaiba and his little gang... However...

"My sister disappeared this morning, and now I got a letter saying this gets me into a meeting about disappearances like hers? What's going on?" A random student from Acadamia...? Well, maybe he had potential? This was very confusing...

"What is the meaning of this?"  an angry looking man asked, "Mr. Kaiba has a lot of explaining to do, especially if he thinks he can summon us here with so vague a message and not expect to give us answers." This was not covered in her training!! There were also a few stragglers in the back, not approaching. How would she go about directing this group?

"Please, will all of those with those special cards please follow me?" She finally decided to ask, standing up and bowing to the group before leading them towards a door with a number pad next to it. With a sigh, she swiped her ID across the scanner before rapidly inputting a code. The door clicked loudly, and so she pushed against it, opening it slowly.

Inside, there were seats for everyone to sit down in, positioned right in front of a desk, where a tall chair sat. The desk itself was surrounded by three people, two of which should be recognized by the vast majority.

To the left of the chair stood a tall man with spiky black hair and a red headband tied around it. He wore a blue jacket and pants, a flame design embedded on his legs and the tips on the jacket. He had a wild yet kind grin on his face, one so distinct that it was nearly trademarked. It was Kyouji Ryuu, the current Duel King.

​The one next to him was wearing a dark jumpsuit, with a black tattered cape billowing in a nonexistent wind. He wore a helmet that was styled into the shape of a bird's head, which covered his entire face. It was the former Duel King, Phantom Falcon.

​To the right of the chair stood a man in black armor like clothing, and a mask that cover the entire upper half of his face. Also billowing behind him was a long purple scarf. The infamous Dread Knight stood before them, menacing as the legends made him out to be.

​And finally, sitting in the chair was a someone barely out of his teens. He had well groomed brown hair, and sunglasses covering his eyes. A black shirt was underneath his white jacket, and black pants covered his legs.

"Welcome to Kaiba Corp," The one sitting at the desk stated. "I am Blues Kaiba, and I called this meeting today. Please, take a seat while we wait for the others to arrive," His offer was meant to sound inviting, but there was an edge of... fear and anxiety to his tone. Still, with such an ensemble cast of duelists on his side, one could imagine something big was going down.

The people outside of Kaiba Corp would hear the squeals of a D-Wheel braking, and the sound of a lamppost being crashed into and bending over. If they looked to their right, they could see a white D-Wheel with the lamppost they just heard wrapped around it. The rider climbed off of it and started to yell at a passing car.

"Hey! Watch where you're driving!" He called out before grumbling and approaching the group. As he got closer, they could see he was wearing a white helmet and a white jacket with red borders and yellow stripes on the sleeves, along with a white jumpsuit that has red, blue, and yellow stripes that meet in the center, with white gloves, shoulder, elbow and knee pads, and white, red, and gray boots.

"Hey, where you guys called here by Kaiba Corp?" He called out as he ran at them, waving his arm. When he got to them, he grinned as he took off his helmet, revealing he had blue hair with yellow bangs that resembled bananas, and introduced himself. "My name is Yugo!"

Tq2qqvL.png

It didn’t take long for some of the “out-of-placers” Lyall had noticed outside to enter the Tower’s grand lobby. Since most of them were fairly young, Lyall jokingly considered that they were all here on a field trip. However, seeing their uneasy and serious expressions, as well as a glimpse or two of blank cards similar to the one he was carrying, caused him to quickly discard that notion. He began to properly size them up, taking particular notice of a familiar set of clothing: an Obelisk Blue uniform. The uniform belonged to an angsty looking teenager who essentially stomped his way up to one of the secretaries, slapped a blank card down, and uncouthly demanded to be given information.

“Pfft…”

Lyall shook his head at Lee’s behavior, finding it unbecoming of a member of Duel Academy’s most prestigious house. Back when he had been there, the members of Obelisk Blue prided themselves in being taught, as well as using, proper etiquette in both formal and informal settings. This guy was in the former, so he could have at least had the consideration to introduce himself and represent his house well. But… Lyall did overhear that the teen’s sister had mysteriously disappeared just this morning, so he could understand that such formalities wouldn’t exactly be on the mind.

A second person approached the front desk, also having overheard Lee’s mention of his missing sister. Lyall’s eyes widened as he recognized who this man was. It was Tycho Bosko, a resident of Hearthome City, and one of the first people whom Lyall had extended the offer of being separated and kept safe from the rest of the city. From what Lyall remembered of their meeting, Bosko had refused, desiring instead to continue living alongside the scum to “try and make a difference on his own”. Judging by the man’s limp and bruises on his face, such attempts were unsuccessful. Despite his injuries, Bosko still kept himself relatively well dressed for a Hearthomian, wearing a decent looking overcoat from which he pulled out his blank card from.

“Figures as much,” Lyall said to himself, stepping a short distance away from the small group that was forming around Tycho after his showing of his blank card. Lyall took a moment to survey the rest of the people there. Two faces he recognized from the Action Duel channel, Furiko and Daichi, both whom were fairly popular there.

“Oh, so that is who I thought it was,” Lyall thought to himself, acknowledging that Daichi looked like the Moonlit Magician because he was the Moonlit Magician. He also noticed a redhead girl talking to the both of them, though didn’t really recognize her all that much. If they were all friendly as they were with each other, though, then they must have all been Action Duelists from Cradle City.

“So there’s me, an Obelisk Blue, a man from Hearthome City, and three Action Duelists…”

Excluding himself, Lyall decided that all of them were decently skilled duelists, easily explaining why KaibaCorp had “recruited” them by sending them a blank card. For the other people around… Lyall had no idea who they were. Two, a young boy and girl, stood off to the side, with the girl in particular looking incredibly nervous and even fearful. The boy seemed to be trying to comfort her, but looked pretty uncomfortable himself.

“Hm…”

They didn’t seem particularly noteworthy apart from their skittish behavior, so why had they been invited? Perhaps they had connections that he didn’t know of.

Lyall’s train of thought was broken when the secretary he had spoken to told all of the blank card holders to follow her. He did as much, and was one of the first to enter the room where the private meeting would be held. Lyall paused.

“Well well,” Lyall said with a slight smirk as he saw the mysterious and infamous Dread Knight of Hearthome beside Blues and Phantom Falcon. Lyall had had a few brief “encounters” with the Dread Knight back in Hearthome, mainly due to his gang activities and influence in his part of the city. They had never actually confronted each other, so this would certainly turn out to be A LOT more interesting than Lyall had anticipated. He shifted his gaze to the Duel King, and finally to Blues before taking a seat at the long table.

“So, Blues Kaiba, I suppose that you and your other two associates can provide us with more insight in regards to what’s going on around the GDA. It is likely that you already know, but people have disappeared from my sector of Hearthome, and from what I’ve heard from the hopefully now finished Crimson Head gang… strange individuals have begun to be sighted stalking the streets at night. For a Hearthomian gang to consider a group of prowlers ‘strange’, there must be something serious going on.”

tsYHWoc.png

"Please, will all those with those special cards please follow me?" finally, it looked like Yuria was getting somewhere. She gladly followed the secretary inside with the rest of them, and was quick to take a seat. It was safe to say that she didn't recognize any of the four guys on the other end of the desk... except one: The Dread Knight. Facts be told, Yuria was one of the Dread Knight's biggest fans, as it was good to see that someone would keep those dreaded Hearthome gangs at bay and prevent them from making her home city more of a hellhole than it already had always been for her. She loved it when justice prevailed in the end.

"Oh wow, it's Dread Knight!" Yuria joyfully exclaimed, running up to him to greet him in person, "It's sooo cool to finally meet you and put a face to the name! Well... it's not much of a face if I'm honest... but I digress. My name's Yuria Kaneko. I'm a massive fan of yours, and I just wanna give personal thanks for clapping all those bastard gang members you clapped and making my home town just that little bit more actually bearable to live in."

She wanted to say more, but didn't get the chance to when Mr. Kaiba introduced himself briefly, announcing that he was the one who'd called the meeting. That came to no surprise, and neither did his request for those that were already there to wait for the others. Yuria was dismayed; no doubt about it. But she supposed that it wasn't fair for any of the other card holders to miss out on such vital information. But then the tycoon she'd seen earlier spoke.

“So, Blues Kaiba, I suppose that you and your other two associates can provide us with more insight in regards to what’s going on around the GDA. It is likely that you already know, but people have disappeared from my sector of Hearthome, and from what I’ve heard from the hopefully now finished Crimson Head gang… strange individuals have begun to be sighted stalking the streets at night. For a Hearthomian gang to consider a group of prowlers ‘strange’, there must be something serious going on.”

"I..." Yuria stepped back as she said this, and sank her head low, "I also had someone disappear on me from Hearthome. He was a best friend of mine, and back when I was younger, we were nigh on inseparable. But now... I don't even know what to make of this. Please... er, Kaiba? Can you tell me...?"

She paused, and tears were visibly starting to form in her eyes. She was evidently saddened by this entire ordeal, and not getting her answers immediately was starting to bother her. But eventually she mustered the nerve to carry on and looked Mr. Kaiba straight in the eyes, not bothering to wipe away the forming tears.

"Can you tell me if there's anyone responsible for these sudden disappearances? Anyone at all? Because if there is..." Yuria clenched a fist hard as she made a resolve, "Then I'll make sure they pay the price. They have no right to mess with our lives like that, and they won't get away with it! Not on my watch!"

”Hi there. A little nervous, are we?” Helena was surprised to see that one of the duelists came up to talk with her, it was getting to a point to where she would just leave the building. ”That's alright, I'm a bit nervous myself. Heck, I think everyone who's been brought here is a little on edge,” She doubted if everyone was as nervous as her, but it was nice to know she wasn't the only one nervous at least.

"Y-your nervous too? I-I... I guess that's a little reassuring..." Helena tried her best to keep a conversation going. ​"Please, will all of those with those special cards please follow me?" The lady who was at the reception desk called for everyone who had the blank cards, most of the duelists in the room followed her to the meeting room. "I guess we should follow them... M-my name is Helena by the way..." She said to the duelist.

When everyone arrived at the meeting room they were met with three rather imposing duelists, including two familiar faces to Helena. "Kyouji Ryuu and the Phantom Falcon?!? W-what are they doing here? Now I really am in way over my head..."

Daichi could hear the screeching of tires and the sound of a crash, as he quickly snapped his head behind him, seeing a D-Wheel with a lamppost bent over and broken. He blinked as he saw the D-Wheel rider as he just got off his ride and started making a stride over towards the group that was outside the KaibaCorp building.

"That seems to be a defacing of public property...." Daichi heard Haruto speaking, as he crossed his arms, sighing greatly.

"H-Haruto! Be nice, would ya?" Daichi rolled his eyes, watching his Gagaga Magician shrugging as he floated behind him. The Entertainment Duelist returned his attention to the rider, seeing him removing his helmet.

"Hey, where you guys called here by Kaiba Corp? My name is Yugo!"

Daichi looked at the newcomer, Yugo, before smiling and nodding. "If by called here you mean getting a blank card in the mail, then yes." he said, waving before approaching Yugo. "Nice to meet you, Yugo. I'm Daichi Raimu...annnnd I gotta say, your D-Wheel looks pretty cool...juuuuuuuust not with that lamppost like that."

Lee looked around at the others assembled in the office. The Phantom Falcon, the current Duel King, several Action Duelists, the goddamn Dread Knight himself... This assembly was definitely meant for real dueling power. Confident in his skills and righteously furious as he was, Lee was still aware enough of his surroundings to realize those at Blues Kaiba's sides were leagues beyond him. Correctly deciding his course of action with the secretary might just get him removed from this chance to rescue his sister, Lee leaned against the wall, quietly observing the assembled others. 

“For a Hearthomian gang to consider a group of prowlers ‘strange’, there must be something serious going on.”

The man had a strong point there. The abysmal pit of criminal enterprise that was Hearthome would consider it Tuesday if a drive-by shooting happened at 7 intersections over the course of 20 minutes.

"Kyouji Ryuu and the Phantom Falcon?!? W-what are they doing here? Now I really am in way over my head..."

Someone else who recognized the power of two Duel Kings in the same place. He could understand her worries and would have moved to help her calm herself, had it not been for the particularly fearful look in her eye as they matched gazes. "Perhaps that outburst in the lobby hadn't been the best first impression..." he mused quietly to himself, under his breath.

"I... I also had someone disappear on me from Hearthome. He was a best friend of mine, and back when I was younger, we were nigh on inseparable. But now... I don't even know what to make of this. Please... er, Kaiba? Can you tell me...? Can you tell me if there's anyone responsible for these sudden disappearances? Anyone at all? Because if there is..." the fangirl among the group clenched her fist hard as she made a resolve, "Then I'll make sure they pay the price. They have no right to mess with our lives like that, and they won't get away with it! Not on my watch!"

So it seemed he wasn't he only one with a personal stake in the proceedings. Lee decided it best to establish at least one common thread between himself and another member of what he could only predict as being a sanctioned vigilante group in the making. He stepped forward and placed a soft hand on her shoulder "I know exactly how you feel. My kid sister and her roommate also disappeared just last night from the Slifer Red Dorms. If there's even the slightest chance this group will lead me to the responsible party, I'm in." He held his voice calm and level, actually putting the Obelisk Blue's mandatory formality class to good use. Despite this his inner fury and rage shone in his eyes as brightly as the sun. "So, what exactly is go--" Lee was cut off by a loud sound of a metal-on-metal impact outside the window facing the parking lot, followed by a loud voice.

"Hey, were you guys called here by Kaiba Corp? My name is Yugo!"

"...Sounds like we're not the only recruits Mr. Kaiba has summoned."

"Y-your nervous too? I-I... I guess that's a little reassuring..." It appeared that his attempt to calm the girl down worked. 'That's good; judging by the amount of people coming in, we're probably gonna need everyone we can get.' Turn out his small task was completed just in time as well, as not even a split-second later, the secretary asked for everyone with a blank card to meet in the office. "I guess we should follow them... M-my name is Helena by the way..." Eizar admitted that it was a nice name as he followed his new acquaintance into the room. When he did, he did not expect to see three of the four people that stood at the other end of the room. Not only were the two Duel Kings Kyouji Ryuu and Phantom Falcon there, but there was an unrecognizable one who was just as intimidating.

"Kyouji Ryuu and the Phantom Falcon?!? W-what are they doing here? Now I really am in way over my head..." To be quite honest, he was feeling the same way. 'Seeing a Duel King in the flesh is extremely rare, having two of them in the same room? Once in a blue moon!' Noticing that Helena is having a minor breakdown, he swallowed the lump in his throat, shoved all feelings of self-doubt out of his mind, and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, turning his head to her.

"Try to remember what you're working towards. It should help you in times of doubt." He pauses as closes his eyes and smiles. "Well, at least that's what my old man has always told me." Having done all he could think of to help, he turned his head back to the stated-to-be Dread Knight and the pink-haired girl, who voiced her resolve to exact vengeance upon whoever might be behind this, silently agreeing with her sentiment. To his surprise, the same boy who made the small scene at the front desk scene, demanding things of the secretary, appeared to be calm and collected as approached the girl and spoke in a tone that was completely different from back then.

"I know exactly how you feel. My kid sister and her roommate also disappeared just last night from the Slifer Red Dorms. If there's even the slightest chance this group will lead me to the responsible party, I'm in."

Hearing this softened Eizar's opinion of Lee. 'That explains his previous behavior. Glad to see-' His thoughts were interrupted as he heard a loud crash outside. 'I guess that's another member of this... squad?'

Tycho followed Helen into the room, eyes peeled to try and figure out what exactly was going on here. He hadn't expected multiple blank cards to be here. ANd he certainly hadn't expected there to be so many, for several different kinds of people to be holding them. With a brisk nod, he aknowledged the presence of Lyall, though he did not meet his eyes, notably. He walked into the room, and was surprised by what he saw.

First off, the man- No, boy, more like, that was at the desk. Who was he? He hadn't been keeping up with news of KaibaCorp at all recently, so he had no idea he was looking at the CEO. He narrowed his eyes at the sight of the boy. Blues Kaiba, eh? Was he... No. He couldn't be the new president of the company! Tycho immediately felt a burn of embarassment in his chest. That a kid was who he answered to in this meeting...

He did immediately feel better once he caught a glimpse of who ELSE was awaiting them. Phantom Falcon AND Kyouji Ryuu?!? These were some of the most well-known, powerful, adored duelists on the planet, so many might be confused as to how Tycho's expression soured even further upon locking eyes on them.

"Ah. Kyouji Ryuu, and Phantom Falcon... A pleasure," he said bitterly, tone of voice decidedly at odds with his words. His hand clenched into a fist as he glared at them. "So glad you could step down from your gilded pedestals to join us." 

He then caught sight of the Dread Knight. He nodded wearily, moving to stand before the man, hand out in an offer of a handshake. "Good to see you," he said, with perhaps the first tace of good humor in his words, though his eyes retained some of the flinty quality they always seemed to. "So you've been assembled here as well, eh?" He looked over his shoulder at Blues, piercing the boy with his fiery gaze. 

"So then. Why have you called us in here?" he asked, voice harsh. "To save the world, is that right?" He remained standing, ignoring the offer to take a seat as he loomed over Blue's desk. "You won't get anywhere with these two," he said scathingly, turning his head to glare at Falcon and Ryuu with incredible venom. "They can't be bothered to descend from their thrones to help turn the ide of a single city, let alone the world."

He gestured to Yuria and the Knight, teeth gritted. "Hearthome burns and rots for us, and they could raise a mere finger and they could influence the hearts of others with their position of Duel King, as I can't by myself!" He was yelling now, face reddening in his rage, memories of the many written enquiries and entreaties that had been sent from his pen to their doorsteps. "And yet Hearthome still is in the grip of the thugs that infest the streets, and the people of this world vanish into thin air!"

fFBhNoG.png

"Wait...aren't you that Storm Duelist in Cradle? Yeah! There's no doubt about it! Aika Takakawa, right? Well it's nice to see another Cradle person here. Anyway, I'm Dai-"

"Yo, Daichi."

"Furiko! Didn't expect to see you here either! Yeah, my name is Daichi Raimu. But...you probably have seen me during one of my matches in Cradle...as the Moonlit Magician."

"Aika Takakawa," she had said out of formality before the trio entered the Kaiba Corp building. And it seemed they were far from alone. Eventually, they were guided to a room by some unimportant woman not even worth naming, and brought to a room with a chair and a person.

"Welcome to Kaiba Corp. I am Blues Kaiba, and I called this meeting today. Please, take a seat while we wait for the others to arrive."

"Hey, where you guys called here by Kaiba Corp? My name is Yugo!"

"Hearthome burns and rots for us, and they could raise a mere finger and they could influence the hearts of others with their position of Duel King, as I can't by myself! And yet Hearthome still is in the grip of the thugs that infest the streets, and the people of this world vanish into thin air!"

"It's nice yer all riled up fer yer city," Aika said in response to the older man talking about the state of Hearthome. What followed wasn't as pleasant, and she knew it. "But...if a hotshot or two is all y'all city folk need fer gettin' up 'n' makin' big things happen, y'all need more faith in y'allselves. I'll even help ya, old feller! I reckon that ain't why we're here though." Directing her red eyes toward Blues Kaiba, Aika added "Folks're a-missin' ain't they? An' ya want us t'do somethin' 'bout it?"

Well, there was definitely something big going on. Many other action duelists, some of whom Akira vaguely recognize, the current Duel King, the Phantom Falcon, even Blues Kaiba, and...there was another person standing to the edge of the others, looking about as menacing as you could be. Akira squinted a little, but still no name came to mind. Whoever he was, the figure was dressed up like he was about to enter some edge competition. Akira would have to stay well away from him.

There were quite a few people chatting all around him, but most of them them seemed to have found someone else to converse with. Either that, or they were busy putting up a fuss about the whole affair. In particular, a pink-haired girl near the front of the gathering crowd seemed to be quite agitated, as she was talking really loudly about something. Akira caught a few mentions of some “disappearances”, and, taking note of the passion in her voice, decided to step back. Not something he really wanted to be a part of right now.

A man next to her also jumped in, but both his words and Akira’s own thoughts were interrupted by the screeching of tires, coming from outside of the building. He, along with several of the other people within the room, turned around to see a boy in a turbo dueling outfit enter the facility, before calling out, "Hey, were you guys called here by Kaiba Corp? My name is Yugo!".

Akira grinned as he took a few steps towards the newcomer, but was cut off by another brown haired guy also wanting to greet him. His semi-outstretched hand curled briefly into a fist before he let it down and continued towards the Turbo Duelist. If there was one person he wanted to get to know, it was someone from Turbo City. Maybe it was a bit presumptuous to just assume the newcomer was from the town, but hey, who else would wear an outfit like that?

Akira waited patiently for the other man to introduce himself and the recipient to respond, all the while glancing back at the people near the front of the conference room. They didn’t seem to be doing anything, just listening to those who were back at talking loudly to them. He had some time to socialize, so, hearing a gap, Akira stepped in.

“Hey there, Yugo. The name’s Akira, good to meet you. So, you also got a blank card?”

tsYHWoc.png

"I know exactly how you feel," Yuria's eyes lit up as she felt a soft hand on her shoulder, "My kid sister and her roommate also disappeared just last night from the Slifer Red Dorms. If there's even the slightest chance this group will lead me to the responsible party, I'm in."

It was from that one Obelisk Blue student of the ragtag group of duelists that had gathered. A meaningful interaction between Yuria and any Duel Academy student that wasn't in Slifer Red like herself was almost non-existent; that would certainly be the case with Obelisk Blue students as the girl couldn't stand the vast majority of them. However, this one seemed different from the elitist-types that she was used to; while he had some formality about him, it felt as though he managed to find and had been using that "off switch" for this specific moment. Of course, having a sister in Slifer Red may have done that to him, but it was nice nonetheless. 

"You had a sister in Slifer Red too?" Yuria queried at first, wondering why that would be the case for a second there, but supposed she should explain why she'd mention the word 'too', "I'm in Slifer Red as well; the guys in charge put me there after I told them that I couldn't make it to the Academy each day... or week, even. Of course, I only joined the Academy last year so... if your sister disappeared at anywhere near the same time as my friend did, then... that might explain why I never got to see her."

Unsurprisingly, Yuria sank her head low again. She knew what she ultimately wanted to achieve, but now it was starting to sink in how monumental the task at hand was, and not knowing what direction to take wasn't helping. Whether she knew it or not, Yuria wouldn't be able to do much of anything without more information from Mr. Kaiba. But in the meantime...

"Who are you, exactly?" asked Yuria, "I mean, I get that you're an Obelisk Blue, but I'm more used to the elitist jabroni types."

Archived