Yugioh: Forsaken Legends [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

King K. Azo

"Who's Haruto?"
"Um... He could be that guy over there..."

"Good grief, you're both idiots!"

Both Daichi and Haruto looked over in the direction of Yuria and...huh...two Duel Spirits. He looked over at Haruto, who crossed his arms a bit. While not exactly a huge fan of having people know that he was around Daichi like this...if she had Duel Spirits, others probably would as well. This meant...

By all means, Dai...you may as well introduce them to me. Haruto sighed heavily, moving his left hand to tell Daichi to have at it.

"Right..." Daichi said, before moving his hand to his deck box and opening it, pulling out a card. "As awesome for Haruto to be someone like him..." he paused, looking over at the man who currently walked into the building, before returning to his conversation. "Haruto is a bit...different." With nothing left to say on it, Daichi flipped the Duel Monsters card in his hand, revealing it to be Gagaga Magician.

"This...this is Haruto." Daichi smiled. "He's...well pretty much what Mr. Kaiba said about Duel Spirits. Haruto here...well, he's my Duel Spirit. Been with me for a while now."

Haruto nodded, only bowing slightly in view of those with the ability to see Duel Spirits. A pleasure to make your acquaintance...hopefully we'll be able to easily work together. he simply said, as Daichi put his card away.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tsYHWoc.png

Yuria looked in the direction of the man that Palpigrad had been pointing to, just as he pointed him out.

"Sorry, that's not me," the man replied, almost as if in response to Palpigrad. Could he see Duel Spirits as well? Unlikely, as otherwise one would be next to him as well. But since it was still possible, Yuria gave the man the benefit of the doubt.

"Heh, my mistake," Yuria told the man, "Guess the little birdie that tells me these things was misguided to an extent."

"Hey! Don't blame me, ya jackass!" Palpigrad retorted toward Yuria in a defensive manner.

It was at this point that a certain someone had approached the trio, a Duel Monsters card in his hand.

"As awesome for Haruto to be someone like him, Haruto is a bit...different," it was the cosplayer, Daichi. And alongside him was the Gagaga Magician that Yuria had seen earlier. Could he be the one named Haruto? Now that she thought about, that would certainly fall in line with this Haruto being different, and the Gagaga Magician was the only being that seemed out of place.

"This...this is Haruto," Daichi revealed the card in his hand, as if to put the final nail into the coffin of any doubt, "He's... well pretty much what Mr. Kaiba said about Duel Spirits. Haruto here...well, he's my Duel Spirit. Been with me for a while now."

Yuria glanced at the card, and then back at the Duel Spirit as Daichi put the card away again. Now she could see the resemblance. With that, she breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that she was no longer the only one who could see the things...

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Hopefully we'll be able to easily work together."

"A pleasure to meet you too, Haruto... now that I can finally put a name to the face," Yuria stated, before moving on to introduce herself and the other two Duel Spirit, "I'm Yuria, in case you hadn't heard me back there, and these are my friends Palpigrad and Neobis."

"I'll also accept 'SmarterThanYou' at this point of time," Neobis said after a brief sigh, whereas Palpigrad had just waved innocently, "Well, not to say that I'd be smarter than you two, but... y'know..."

Tycho hadn't moved since Yuria had started yelling. He stood stock still, her words crashing against him like a hurricane. It wasn't until she had finished speaking that he turned back to see who had spoken.

His eyes fell down to meet Yuria's, his expression stony and hard. He paused a moment, then nodded very slowly. 

"I can't say that I agree with you about the dangers of the Wicked Gods," he said slowly, his voice much calmer, slower. "I don't beleive in these Duel Spirits, or that they pose a threat to us." He shut his eyes, taing a deep breath. "But you guys are right in that that doesn't matter; The ones who hold them DO," he went on, giving a nod to EIzar as well. He turned back to Yuria now. 

"I recognize your fire and dissapointment for the state of our city, and I share it. Thank you for reminding me that that's more important than what one man thinks." He gestured to himself. "I don't beleive we've been properly introduced. My name is Tycho Bosko, and I think I can fight alongside you with pride." He turned back to the table, resuming his place, though he stood standing as he took in what Blues was saying.

"The blank cards said our names?" he asked at first, skepticism evident, but then fell silent. He clearly was the minority voice on this opinion. It was time to finally stop. He resolutely ignored the words of Lyall, as well. His throat was already starting to hurt from yelling at the idiot.

"If we're divided into groups... I have one request." He leveled his arms out, pointing first at Lyall, then at Dread Knight. "I'll not work with Mr. Hark... I beleive I've made it perfectly clear why." He turned his contemptuous gaze away from Lyall to the Dread Knight. "Please, place me with my colleague here... I know his interests are similar to my own... as are hers," he said, nodding his head in the direction of Yuria. He crossed his arms, frowning as he grudgingly continued. "But yes, I... I will help take down the holders of the Wicked Gods."

‘So the blank cards spoke our names and that's what brought us here,’ Eizar pondered. While it seemed great and all, he couldn't help but feel as though one great burden was put onto everybody's shoulders. Then Yugo spoke up.

"So, here's the recap then...Evil God spirits want to eat people so they can take over the world, and for some reason, these blank cards choose us, and may manifest into something that may stop these things."

Eizar smiled and shook his head at that statement. The easy Yugo described the whole situation made it sound more corny than serious. He then heard him mention something about Earthbound Immortals? He didn't know what those were but they didn't sound as intimidating as Wicked Gods, though they sounded fearsome nonetheless. Then came the most important part of the meeting thus far.

will you help us save the world?"

The question that would decide his path from hereon out. Was Eizar truly willing to put his life on the line for something that may ultimately end in failure?

‘Of course I am. Even if I end up coming empty-handed, I'll work my hardest to help others, just like I always have.’

With that in mind, and are heading like-minded declarations from others in the room, Eizar stood with a confident look in his eyes.

“Mr. Kaiba, you have my full support on this mission!”

Having declared this, he decided to look around the room again and it seemed everyone was going back into their own individual conversations. Then his eyes fell upon a familiar face, a man who owned the Tammabuku Public Library near the inn. He was relieved to see somebody else from Reffo, but that relief was quickly replaced with worry. If he's here, then-. By the time Eizar proceeded the thought, he was already inches away from the man, with only 5 words leaving his mouth: "When did they take Malin?"

Miero's rump found itself once more acquainted with his seat when one of the others practically stormed up to him, prompting up to look up to see whom it was.

"When did they take Malin," he heard upon looking up, seeing a familiar face finally among the masses.

"From what I could tell, roughly a few hours ago. For some reason, everyone except me disappeared from the library, my son included." Feeling a shiver crawl up his spine, he managed to cover his face with both of his gloved hands before the shiver enveloped him. "I've already lost my wife years ago, I can't afford to lose my son as well."

And you will have him soon

Lifting his head, Miero looked around to try and find the source of the voice, though he proved unsuccessful. "...did you just hear something," he asked Eizar in a low voice, a tone of confusion upon it.

A quick and sharp eye would catch the tiniest flash of a pair of solid yellow eyes and a glowing grin within the shape of a circle of red out of the corner of their eyes while looking at Miero...

fFBhNoG.png

"So, our plan is to split into four groups. We'll go to four of the most suspicious cities and look for either these kidnappers, their home base, or a way into the Spirit World, and then come back here in about two days with our findings so we can come up with a plan of attack. This will be a dangerous journey, and I can not guarantee we will come out unharmed. You are free to choose whether you stay or not... but I ask you... will you help us save the world?"

"Mr. Kaiba... You can count Daichi Raimu in! Me and Haruto are up to help in anyway we can!"

"And you can count Hoshizora Furiko in on this task as well."

“Akira Inao, ready to send some devil cards into the shredder!”

"Let me know what the team assignments are... I'm in."

"Hell yeah, Yuria Kaneko most definitely in!"

"My son went missing alongside many others earlier today. If it means finding him...then I will give aid in this."

"Of course I am. Even if I end up coming empty-handed, I'll work my hardest to help others, just like I always have."

"Now that's more like it," Aika smiled. Teamwork! Everybody had one common goal, and they were all willing to throw down to see it done. These were people Aika could work with. That meant it was now time to formally introduce herself and announce her intent to help out. "Aika Takakawa's on the job. Y'all KaibaCorp folk don't mind payin' fer a bit o' collateral damage right?" There was also a slightly more personal matter Aika had to deal with here.

The guy whose son went missing. Aika turned to him, put a hand on his shoulder (and having to stand on her toes to do so), and simply said "We're findin' yer kid." Aika also had loved ones to find and rescue in this mission; she got where he was coming from.

Blues was secretly relieved, even if his face was as solid as a rock.They didn't just laugh in his face and/or stormed out like he half expected them to. Even if many of them knew of Duel Spirits, the Wicked Gods were something much harder to swallow. Even he didn't believe it when he first heard of them. However... it seemed the cards choose some... odd people. Like this 'Lee' character for example. He went on to a full Ryu 'heart of battle' thing and wanted to duel someone.

Phantom Falcon placed a hand on Lee's shoulder. "I admire your... spirit, but now is not the time. We're going to divide into teams immediately, and go searching for clues, the people behind this, and the captives right away. Maybe next time," Blues nodded in response and stood up, hands behind his back as he walked out from behind the desk. 

"So, the teams are as follows. Team One will consist of Phantom Falcon, Akira, Lyall and Daichi. The four of you are investigating this city, Domino," Falcon nodded in response and walked towards the door. 

"We're leaving immediately. Meet me in the lobby," He stated.

"Team two will consist of Kyouji, Yugo, Furiko, and Yuria. You'll be investigating Turbo," Kyouji nodded with his grin plastered across his face. 

"Alright, my team, meet me outside," Kyouji said, looking ready to go. "We're going to leave right away as well! We can't let Falcon or Knight beat us to any information!"

"It's not a race," Dread Knight commented, shaking his head.

"Team three will be Dread Knight, Aika, Tycho, and Helena. Your assignment is Cradle," Blues turned to the dark duelist, who nodded. "Go to the back, there will be a ride waiting for you there," Dread Knight headed out, motioning for the others to follow him. "And finally, Team four will be myself, Lee, Meiro, and Eizar," Blues stated before headed to the door. "You three are going to want to follow me. We're going to Taccon... in style,"

In the lobby, Phantom Falcon first went over to Kuria. "Meiro's heading out with the boss. You'll want to follow them if you want to help them out," He then turned to wait for the others to arrive. When they did, he wasted no time. He handed them small devices that looked similar to Bluetooth ear pieces. "Put them on, leave them on. Domino is a big city, so we'll use these to keep in contact," He looked out the front doors, thinking to himself. "We can either split up or stay together, the choice is up to you,"

Yugo chuckled as he followed behind Kyouji, hands behind his head. "Hey, we haven't dueled in awhile. If we got time after this all blows over, then we gotta go a round," Kyouji chuckled as he shook his head.

"I'm pretty sure the 'Duel Princess' called first dibs, yeah?" He commented as the two climbed on their D-Wheels, slipping on their helmets. 

"True, true," Yugo pulled out a spare helmet, Kyouji mimicking it. 

"Pick who you want to ride with," Kyouji said as he tossed Yuria the helmet, Yugo throwing his at Furiko. When the girls climbed on to a D-Wheel, the two took off, headed for out of the city. Yugo was a much more aggressive driver, trying to pass people and stay ahead of Kyouji. Kyouji, although he also went fast, managed to look sane as he drove, yet was able to keep up with Yugo. 

With the wind blowing across their faces, the four headed off on the thirty minute drive to Turbo City.

Dread Knight groaned and slapped a hand over his face as he saw the ride that was provided for him. He was expecting something a little more stealthy than a frickin' limousine!! This would not fly!

"How is this stealthy?" He managed to calmly ask the driver, who just grinned in response. 

"Remember, you're going to Cradle. With a ride like this, you're hiding in plain sight," The driver explained. "Oh, and is a... 'Tycho Bosko'? Mr. Kaiba has put your D-Wheel in the garage. They're tuning it up and upgrading it. It'll be here when you get back!" With a sigh of defeat, Dread Knight opened the door. 

"Well, get in it then," He told the others. The seats were arranged around the center, where there was a mini-fridge, stocked with food and drinks, and a TV. Dread Knight made it his mission to slide over to the farthest and darkest corner. When the others piled in, the driver drove off, the group headed to Cradle in luxury. 

Blues lead his team to the elevator, where he pressed the roof button. As everyone piled in and the doors closed, Blues turned to the team. "Just so you know ahead of time, I was not the one who made this. So no judging," When the elevator reached the roof, it sounded off a soft ding and opened its door, revealing... a jet that was in the shape of a Blue Eyes White Dragon.

"We're getting to Taccon by this," Blues stated as he climbed into the cockpit, taking the controls. There were five empty seats left, just perfect for the team and then one. When they all got settled in, Blues smirked to himself and started to take off. The jet hovered straight up until it was about fifty feet above the tower, and it took off with a mighty sonic boom, headed for Taccon.

oXNSzB8.png

The small boat landed on the island, the group piling out and looking around. From what they could tell, the island was full of ruins, overgrown with trees and other plant life.

"Man, hard to believe that Academia fell to such disrepair, huh?" One of the males commented. 

"Well, it's what happens when the dimensional barrier weakens, and Duel Monsters can come to the real world from here...," The girl muttered. 

"Speaking of which," Wade stated before running off into the distance. 

"Hey, wai---!" The girl cried, but it was far too late. "Dammit... that idiot will get himself killed,"

"That's the whole reason why he's here," the third person spoke up. "Now let's get going...," The group headed deep into the ruins, passing by many old buildings. The whole area was... eerily quiet, like time wasn't moving as long they were on the island.

"Looks like this will be a piece of cake," The male stated. Just as he said that though, a cry of a large creature echoed from the sky. Looking up, the small group could see what looked like a dragon made completely of bones swooping down at them.

"You just had to say something, didn't you?!" the girl screeched.

"We'll be fine," The third person said. "We brought him after all," He pointed up at the trees. In one was Wade, who leapt out and grabbed the dragon by the neck, using his weight to make it crash into the ground.

"RKO out of nowhere!" Wade called out as they crashed into the dirt. The trio saw their chance, running off for their goal. Unknown to them however, someone was waiting outside the ruin, sitting on a rock with his head down. 

"Seems I'll have to do something," The tall man muttered to himself. "I promise you Jaden... the three will never be released again...," 

"So, the teams are as follows. Team One will consist of Phantom Falcon, Akira, Lyall and Daichi. The four of you are investigating this city, Domino."

"We're leaving immediately. Meet me in the lobby."

Daichi nodded, throwing his hands behind his head, letting out a loud audible sigh. "Eh...no one I really know..." he shrugged, seeing Haruto floating right beside him on his right side.

If I knew any better...I'd think you would want to be on a team with Akia and Furiko. Haruto said with a chuckle.

"Course I would! Team Cradle for life, Haruto!" Daichi laughed with a smile. This wasn't all bad though. New Duelists meant new opportunities to impress them in the styles of his Entertainment Duels. After all, if Daichi knew one thing...it was that Action Duels were a part of a Duelist from Cradle City's blood. And he would definitely use that to his advantage.

x393wz.jpg

"Put them on, leave them on. Domino is a big city, so we'll use these to keep in contact. We can either split up or stay together, the choice is up to you."

Daichi thought long an hard on what Phantom Falcon said. Remembering things well, Domino was a big city...perhaps splitting up would be a good idea. But then again... Yeah I barely know ANY of their Dueling methods or the like. he thought, putting his earpiece in.

Hmm, perhaps, due to you not knowing many of them...could suggest that you stay together. Just put people who know the layout of Domino City in charge of pointing the group in the right direction. Haruto chimed in, nodding at Daichi.

Haruto...what would I do without you! Daichi thought to Haurto, who seemed about to speak, but Daichi finally spoke. "If I may, Mr. Falcon. Maybe we stick together. I can say for certain that probably not everyone in the group knows each others Dueling styles. Because of that...if things were to go south...things might not exactly work real well." he spoke with a faint smile. "Maybe just put someone who knows Domino like the back of their hand in charge of leading?"

"So, the teams are as follows. Team One will consist of Phantom Falcon, Akira, Lyall and Daichi. The four of you are investigating this city, Domino."

Akira gave a glance around at the mentioned people, following Blues Kaiba’s gestures. There was a black-haired guy dressed somewhat formally, pointed at directly after himself and so assumed to be Lyall, and a brown-haired guy who had more casual clothes, who must be Daichi. No one he knew as such, but getting the opportunity to work with the Phantom Falcon on this was certainly something. He may not be as famous as he once was, but there was no denying his knowledge and skill in this area, judging from the replays Akira had seen.

"We're leaving immediately. Meet me in the lobby.”This from the Phantom Falcon himself, as he stood up quickly following the prompt from the KaibaCorp CEO. The other two members of the team also got up, and, as Akira moved towards the exit after the previous Duel King, he overheard Daichi talking seemingly to himself.

"Eh...no one I really know..."

The sigh was undisguised, but Akira couldn’t blame him. It would’ve been nice to be in the same group as someone you at least vaguely knew. Akira kept walking, then paused as the same guy started talking again.

"Course I would! Team Cradle for life, Haruto!"

Turning his head to mention that he was actually from Cradle, Akira caught sight of Daichi looking at...nothing in particular. He was focused on something that Akira couldn’t seem to find. The rest of the sentence then registered, causing Akira to turn back to following the Phantom Falcon. He couldn’t remember a Haruto being mentioned before, and, if you combined that with whatever Daichi was looking at…

Akira shrugged, grinning at his own thoughts. No point thinking about that sort of stuff now, action was on its way! An exciting time and adventure, something that promised to be memorable; Akira couldn’t wait.

"Put them on, leave them on. Domino is a big city, so we'll use these to keep in contact.” Akira accepted the proffered devices, giving them a cursory glance before inserting them into his ear, causing the Phantom Falcon’s next sentence to sound a bit echoey.

"We can either split up or stay together, the choice is up to you."

Akira thought briefly about this, but didn’t get far before Daichi himself spoke.

"If I may, Mr. Falcon. Maybe we stick together. I can say for certain that probably not everyone in the group knows each others Dueling styles. Because of that...if things were to go south...things might not exactly work real well. Maybe just put someone who knows Domino like the back of their hand in charge of leading?"

“Yeah, can’t argue with that.” Akira was a little put off by the foresight in the answer, but it made perfect sense, so he might as well openly agree. “That is, if anyone here is that familiar with this place. I'm from Cradle City myself, so I won't be much help.”

"And finally, Team four will be myself, Lee, Meiro, and Eizar," Miero lifted his head towards the man in charge. "You three are going to want to follow me. We're going to Taccon... in style." Raising an eyebrow at this, Miero tried to stand back up, but he made a false step and began to fall before feeling a pair of arms hook under his own...

iU8EggM.png

Kuria had been tapping his foot in boredom, glancing through the cards in his deck just because he could. Upon his eyes landing on the Clear Vice Dragon did he hear footsteps, heavy ones, heading towards him.

Lifting his head towards the source of the steps, Kuria laid a mechanical eye upon the one that had separated him earlier from his friend, Phantom Falcon. "Miero's heading out with the boss. You'll want to follow them if you want to help them out."

He did not even bother responding verbally, in fact, his only response was a nod before bolting down the hallway. He was fairly sure he ran over at least one person along the way. Either way, he was glad he put in the speed, because as soon as he entered the room with everyone else, he saw Miero falling forward towards the floor.

Instead, Kuria dashed forward, hooking both the mechanical and still-living arms under Miero's to catch the taller man. "Still think you should be in a hospital instead of here, buddy..."

iU8EggM.png

"Still think you should be in a hospital instead of here, buddy..." Recognizing the voice, Miero gave a sheepish laugh as he tried standing once more, this time with Kuria helping him stay standing.

"Guess I'm like my father in that regard, putting others before myself. Anyhoo, we got to go."

And with Miero pointing the way, the pair followed after the rest towards the elevator. They were the last to enter before the elevator doors closed and it began to rise.

"Just so you know ahead of time, I was not the one who made this. So no judging," the pair heard, though Miero felt Kuria tense up as if realizing whom he was near. When the elevator finally reached the roof, it sounded off a soft 'ding' and opened its door, revealing... a jet that was in the shape of the infamous Blue Eyes White Dragon.

"Miero, what the hell is going on that Mr. Kaiba himself is having to take the reigns?!" Kuria managed to exclaim in a hushed whisper towards him, a soft sigh escaping his words before the man in charge continued.

"We're getting to Taccon by this," Mr. Kaiba stated befpre jumping into the cockpit. Miero had difficulty getting in himself, Kuria having to give him a boost on the way up before finally settling into a seat himself.

Miero admittedly hated being as drained of energy as he was so close to heroics to come, but it was not like he could explain to anyone what happened when he first made contact with the cards in his father's deck before coming here...

"Team three will be Dread Knight, Aika, Tycho, and Helena. Your assignment is Cradle, Go to the back, there will be a ride waiting for you there," Cradle huh? If nothing else Helena was going to get the chance to travel.

Helena followed behind the others to where Blues had instructed, there was a limousine waiting for them, but the Dread Knight didn't seem too fond of it. After a quick chat with the driver the Dread Knight opened the door to let everyone in.

The inside of the limousine was something else, luxury seats, a mini-fridge, a TV, they would be riding in style. Of course, Dread wasn't liking this much, but Helena didn't mind it one bit. When she took her seat with the others, Helena tried to think of a topic to chat about, though there wasn't many topics in her head. Might as well start with something basic.

"S-so... What uh... Kinds of cards... Do you use?" she asked the others, if these were to be her teammates, might as well get to know them.

7e8xcYT.png

While everyone was telling Mr. Blues Kaiba of their approval on joining this save the world operation, someone seemed to be confused about Daichi talking with someone known as "Haruto." While Furiko herself was pretty familiar with what it was he was talking about, she wasn't surprised that someone else would be confused about him talking to a card. While she herself was fairly attached to cards of her own, her ace of course trumping them all, she never had had any actual conversations with her cards before. What was confusing, though, was that the person that asked about Haruto seemed to acknowledge his existence and start talking with him as well. Well, that was certainly a first. 

Regardless, soon enough everyone had agreed to the journey and Blues split them off into different groups. While Furiko didn't really know who Yuria or Yugo were, the one she did know sent a feeling of awe down her. Kyouji, the current duel king. And not just any duel king. He was fabled to have been trained by the duel king, the original one. That made him like, five times the duel king or something. Despite her trying to process what was going on internally, she still tried to keep her best look of calm that she could outwardly. Though, while she mostly succeeded, at least in terms of facial expression, there was still a bit shakiness as she got up and slight more of a spring in her step as she went outside to meet up with the rest of the group. 

Once outside, she noted who the other two were. Yuria she could recognize as the one who yelled a lot and also talked with cards or spirits or something, and Yugo was the one with the odd banana shaped hair. Nevertheless, before she could say anything, not that she really had much to say, both Yugo and the duel king seemed to be having a bit of friendly banter with each other. And while she hadn't thought that the duel king was so above everyone else to not speak with anyone else, the two being as familiar as they were made her wonder just who the boy was. She was then given a helmet as she was told to pick just who it was that she would ride with to Turbo City. While she would have preferred going with the boy she knew nothing about, thinking that it would be very nerve wracking to share a ride with one of her favorite celebrities, the other girl had already chosen to ride along with him. And so, the girl simply took off her hat and put on the helmet before hopping onto the back of Kyouji's D-Wheel. 

As the quartet of duelists went on their way, in spite of the speed the ride was fairly smooth. Which was in stark contrast to what appeared to be whatever death defying tricks were being pulled on the D-wheel. However, while it would have been good to pass the time with idle conversation, she could think of no topic that the two might share. And so, she went more for information on what they were doing by asking,"so, Mr. Ryuu, do you have any idea what we'll be looking for once we get there."

Tycho nodded grimly as he saw he was indeed paired with the Dread Knight. The two didn't necessarily see eye to eye on some things, but he knew the man was made of stronger stuff than most, something that made him throw himself into the grit of Hearthome City when nobody wanted him there. The two were alike in that regard.

At least he understood and tried to turn the tide in Hearthome. Tycho gave one last baleful look at Lyall as he exite the room, thoughts of Cradle running through his head. He had never been to Cradle before, the land of Pendulum Summon. A city where everything was apparently bright and happy. He smiled ruefully. Might make a nice change, until he could get back to Hearthome.

Mere cards aren't capable of turning Hearthome into what it's become, he thought to himself as he followed the others outside Kaibacorp, sizing up his colleagues. One was Aika, as Blues had gestured to her when speaking, and she was one of the ones who had been on Lyall's side. He narrowed his eyes. But if the holders of these Gods are responsible for how my home has turned into a cesspit... The other unkown was not Yuria, as he had hoped, but Helena. She had been very quiet so far, and Tycho wasn't sure what to think of her. Hopefully she had what it took to work with Tycho and the Dread Knight. I'll tear them to pieces!

As the two neared their ride, Tycho realized it was a limousine. He couldn't help raising his eyebrows, torn from his thoughts by the extravagant vehicle. "Is this the kind of car you see often in Cradle?" he asked wryly, a touch of irritation in his voice. He had never seen a limo at home. The idea of it was ludicrous; It would be stolen on the hour, every hour. After briefly talking with the man taking care of his rickey D-Wheel, Tycho handed the man the key, as well as the key to the weighted wheel boot he had attached to it out of habit. He then slid into the limousine, coming to sit by the Dread Knight, arms crossed and clearly sharing his discomfort. 

"Cradle, eh?" he asked, turning his eyes to the man as he spoke quietly, too lowly for the other two to make it out. "We'll be working together, like always, I suppose. Glad to see you're in this with us." His somber voice grew even more so, and his eyes were looking dead at the side of the man's featureless visage. "We're all committed to saving the world from the holders of these 'Wicked Gods...' Why aren't you willing to take off that mask to truly stand alongside us? Alongside me?"

He was quiet for a few moments, then turned away to address Helena, pointing a thumb at the Dread Knight.

"Both he and I use Xyz Summon, the summoning method of Hearthome City," he said, a touch of pride in his voice. "A summoning many critisize, much like our home, but one we take pride in nonetheless."

fFBhNoG.png

"Team three will be Dread Knight, Aika, Tycho, and Helena. Your assignment is Cradle. Go to the back, there will be a ride waiting for you there."

Least I know what I'm doin' there.

As Aika followed the group to their ride, she was mildly surprised to be met with a limousine! While such a ride would surely stick out like a sore thumb in other places, Aika had seen plenty of them since arriving in Cradle herself. Hot-shot duelists and celebrities rode around in them on their way to tournaments or big fancy parties. It was the perfect disguise. Aika having a local name for herself - however small it may have been - would probably help.

"Is this the kind of car you see often in Cradle?"

"It ain't rare t'see a limo in Cradle; it's a city fer hotshot duelists 'n' celebrities after all," Aika answered, entering the limousine for herself. For all the times she'd seen the outside of one, though, Aika had never actually been inside of a limo. It was definitely spacious; a bit more than she'd expected, even. Although the situation that led to entering a limo wasn't exactly a good thing, getting to ride in one for the first time was exciting regardless.

"S-so... What uh... Kinds of cards... Do you use?"

"Both he and I use Xyz Summon, the summoning method of Hearthome City. A summoning many critisize, much like our home, but one we take pride in nonetheless."

"I use Synchro Summonin' cards," Aika answered in addition to the older man's answer to the girl's question. "If I can help it though, I'd rather not duel outside an Action Field or somethin'."

tsYHWoc.png

No doubt Yuria was glad to see that things were getting underway, and it looked like she'd get to see Turbo City for the first time in her life. She'd always dream of living anywhere but Hearthome, but could never afford to move out of that hellhole. But viewing Turbo City seemed to revitalized that hope, which would spark even further once she realized she could potentially afford to live in a house here. Taking the train to Taccon City for Duel Academy would be cheaper too.

However, all that would have to wait. Yuria was still needed in order to gain whatever info she could find here. She'd been teamed up with Furiko, who she didn't know, Ryouji, who she didn't know, and Yugo... who she most certainly didn't know. But at least Neobis and Palpigrad were still there to keep Yuria company, if no-one else. Ryouji was kind enough to toss Yuria a spare helmet that he had, but Yuria seemed to be gravitated towards Yugo's Duel Runner.

"Shotgun!" she clambered onto the back, unaware of how much of a wild ride she and her Duel Spirits would be in for with Yugo at the reigns. What she was aware of... and she'd just thought of this too, was that two cities were missing.

"Wait... so if we're here, Kaiba's getting a team into Taccon, Dread Knight's gang's in Cradle and the rest of them are still in Domino..." as she mused this, Yuria found herself turning to Yugo, "K, Hearthome I can understand... I think. But why's Reffo not getting looked at at all? Is it because of the whole "we can't cover everything" angle, or something specific?"

VRORF8m.png

With two high ranking Psychics Duelists following her and acting as her personal bodyguards, Saori Iwamoto went on a big adventure outside her usual domain in one of Neo Arcadia Movement's many headquarters. She had started her search for more people with psychic prowess in her home city of Taccon, with no luck. And while she could've sworn she sensed something within the KaibaCorp main office, she'd lost it the moment she approached what she thought was the source. She scoured the whole of Neoteric Domino City with her two 'bodyguards', but still no sign of any alternate source of psychic prowess...

"I give up," with a sigh, Saori turned to her subordinates, "Let's just go,"

Then, she turned to leave, with her two subordinates following suit.

Moments later, Saori had exited a plane that had landed in Cradle City, and was told be her father Gaho, the leader of Neo Arcadia Movement's Taccon Division, that she was to meet with a contact from within its Cradle Division. Of course, Gaho had thought not to tell Saori what this contact would look like, but by now, the little gifted girl would have enough sense to determine who exactly to look for; someone who would stand out in vast sea of who she'd simply call 'them'. Sure enough, she found someone who'd fit that description exactly. He was a short young man, about 173cm (5' 8"). But the real strange thing was that his whole appearance was all... white. White skin, white hair, white shirt, white tie, white trousers... in truth, there was only one thing about him that wasn't white; the blood red irises of his eye. This had to be Saori's contact, surely.

"Are you Iwamoto Saori?" the man asked.

"Yes, that would be me," replied Saori, "And you are...?"

"Yomaura Mushanokoji, though you may call me Mushano if you so wish," the contact smiled and extended a hand, which Saori shook, "I'm delighted to make your acquaintance, but this is the part where we walk and talk. There's something you need to see."

As they exited the Cradle City airport, Saori had climbed into the passenger seat of a black Lincoln Navigator that had tinted lens, whereas Mushanokoji had been sitting in the driver seat. They engaged in small talk as Mushanokoji started the SUV up and drove it around... although it was only a short drive around until the two of them had noticed an odd group of people nearby a limousine. One of them seemed to be conversing with the driver, before instructing the others to clamber inside.

"I sensed psychic prowess from three of those persons up ahead," Mushanokoji stated, as he brought the Navigator to a stop, but kept its engine running, "And there's one signature in particular that... well, to say it was merely strong would be an understatement. I can't say for certain, but there's a possibility that signature belongs to the man your father wanted to find."

"Hmm, yes, I felt all three of those exact signatures before," Saori mused aloud, "Though now they're... here. Why is that? And why go into a limo of all things? They've made it too easy all of a sudden..."

"Do you realize how often one finds a limousine around these parts, Saori?"

"If they're as commonplace as you're implying Mushano, then what the hell are we doing in an SUV?"

"That limousine is more sorely lacking in agility than we are in this, I can assure you. We can use that to our advantage in the event that they make us. Oh, and please take this Monster Card from me; we may need it to block the road ahead of them."

Saori was tempted to ask why Mushanokoji couldn't just summon the card himself, but she knew for a fact that he'd need both hands on the wheel, and assumed she shouldn't complicate things. But she did opt to at least study the card, taking it off Mushanokoji's hands just in time for him to notice that the limousine was setting off. He'd put the Navigator in drive, but allowed the other vehicle to get two cars' length ahead of him before following it. Seemingly finished, Saori turned to Mushanokoji.

"Is this really necessary?" she asked him, "I've got monsters I can summon myself, y'know,"

"I'd rather we had something that can't be run down... easily or otherwise," was the reply.

As he made his way to the elevator to feel out his teammates' Decks, Lee felt the mighty hand of the Phantom Falcon placed upon his shoulder. It was not a harsh grip, nor really all that forceful, but dammit the man commanded such an aura of respect and awe that Lee couldn't help but stop mid-stride to face the masked ex-Duel King.

"I admire your... spirit, but now is not the time. We're going to divide into teams immediately, and go searching for clues, the people behind this, and the captives right away. Maybe next time" 

Next time... Phantom Falcon was right. There was no time for a Duel, even to work on teamwork strategems. A he said himself every second was crucial. Another moment could be the difference between peace and the world at chaos... but more importantly, wasting time would mean all the more time Naomi would be in danger of being fed to a monster.

"Finally, Team four will be myself, Lee, Meiro, and Eizar," Blues stated before heading to the door. "You three are going to want to follow me. We're going to Taccon... in style,"

Miero and Eizar, Lee looked over to two of the group assembled with whom he'd not interacted. Eizar's face seemed familiar, though he couldn't place where he'd seen him before. Miero on the other appeared as one would expect from a private detective story with his massive trenchcoat. He then cast his gaze upon Mr. Kaiba, and followed him up to roof. Lee heeded Mr. Kaiba's words about not judging him for the transport's design. A jet shaped like the infamous Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Lee still easily judged the person who HAD made it, settling on unhealthy obsession as the explanation for making a private jet in such an aerodynamically questionable shape.

"There's... room for us all in there, right? It looks like a two-seater to me." He said, unable to stare at the thing's dragonhead cockpit and locate the other two seats. "If it comes equipped with a mobile Action Field generator, I suppose the other two could ride a Monster's Solid Vision construct alongside you." Lee finally examined the hand he'd drawn for the Duel Phantom Falcon had stopped, it was a perfect opening hand to Summon his Zodiac Dragon if that was indeed the method Blues Kaiba had expected of them.

Hearing Miero's story made Eizar slightly more afraid of what they could possibly be dealing with. Being able to clear a library of its occupants without so much as a trace goes to show how well-organized this group is. There was one detail that bothered him, however. ’If everybody else in the library got kidnapped, then why did they leave him behind?’

Such questions would have to be left for later however as Miero spoke up again asking if he heard anything, to which he ruled his head to the side before shaking it. Then the short redhead, apparently named Aika, put a reassuring hand on Miero's shoulder on his hand firmly starting that they were going to find Malin, making him smile. He won't let a single person die if he had anything to say about it. Not long after, Blues finished assigning everybody to teams, with him heading out with Blues for Taccon City along with Miero and Lee.

“You three are going to want to follow me, were going to Taccon in style.”

‘In style?’ Eizar inwardly questioned. ‘Wonder what he means by that,’ he continued to muse before following the Kaiba boy and Lee into the elevator. He turned around to see if Miero was following only to see him being physically supported by a man whose name eluded him. They had a short exchange before joining the other members of the group. With everybody accounted for, the elevator began its ascent.

In the middle of the ride up, Blues uttered a short disclaimer. “Just so you know ahead of time, I was not the one who made this, so no judging.” Hearing that made Eizar cock an eyebrow, wondering why they would need to know such information. When they reached the roof, he realized the reason for such a statement for the vehicle that stood before them was a jet that was designed in the likeness of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. "We're getting to Taccon in this,” Blues stated before jumping into the cockpit.

“Whoever made this sure was a fan of the Blue-Eyes,” Eizar commented. With that being said he joined Miero and Kuria inside. “It's been awhile since I've been to Taccon City,” he mused.

[spoiler=OOC]Senorchavez' post, as he only has a mobile and is unable to access YCM currently.

"If I may, Mr. Falcon. Maybe we stick together. I can say for certain that probably not everyone in the group knows each others Dueling styles. Because of that...if things were to go south...things might not exactly work real well." he spoke with a faint smile. "Maybe just put someone who knows Domino like the back of their hand in charge of leading?"

“Yeah, can’t argue with that. That is, if anyone here is that familiar with this place. I'm from Cradle City myself, so I won't be much help.”

Phantom Falcon thought to himself, stroking his chin slowly. "Yes, that is an issue... now I wish Shun and Ruri didn't go to Academia...," He turned to the door. "Alright, we will stick together! C'mon!" With that, the masked man ran out the door, heading down the streets. The sun was beginning to set, making the streets empiter than usual, so the group wouldn't have to be embarrassed by a masked Ex-Duel King running down the street, as people could swear they heard a bird cry out as he ran.

After about a five minute run, they came to a path that split into three ways, an alley, a major road, and one heading down a back road. "Alright, group vote, which way should we go? I will help you navigate down your path of choice,"

"so, Mr. Ryuu, do you have any idea what we'll be looking for once we get there." The girl clinging to Kyouji asked. The Duel King turned his head slightly so he could face her and be heard a bit easier.

"Well, according to Blues' sources, there is a base in Turbo. We gotta find it and bust some ass when we get there," Kyouji explained. "Now, we're not sure where it is, so we'll have to look hard,"

"Yeah. Don't worry though, I'm gonna call up some help, so we're aren't searching blindly by ourselves!" Yugo suddenly called out, pulling close to Kyouji. Kyouji nodded, but Yuria suddenly spoke up.

"K, Hearthome I can understand... I think. But why's Reffo not getting looked at at all? Is it because of the whole "we can't cover everything" angle, or something specific?" She asked. Kyouji looked at her.

"That's exactly it. We can't cover everything, so we're covering what we can," he then noticed that they were approaching the multi-leveled city. "Yugo, we're splitting up here!"

"You got it!" Yugo stated as he suddenly took a right, driving up a ramp leading to the second level. "Hold on, Yuria!" Yugo smiled as he sped up, no longer restricted by the slow driver of the other cities. The world was a blur to the two riders as they sped up the ramp, actually being launched into the air as the reached the peak. Yugo was calm as he landed on the road and rode off.

After about five minutes of high speed driving, the two arrived in the residentual area, Yugo skidding to a stop by a smaller house. With a grin, he slid off his bike, headed to the front door and knocking. As he waited, he looked over to Yuria.

"You okay? I know my driving can be scary for those that don't usually go fast," He grinned and placed his hands behind his head as he said this. The door opened up to reveal a woman around Yugo and Yuria's age. She had spiky orange hair held back by a headband. Her brown vest matched her eyes. She wore jeans, fingerless gloves, and an orange tanktop.

"Yugo? What's up?"

"Hey Magpie!" Yugo stated. "So, we got an 'end of the world' thing going on. Wanna help us save the world?" With a sigh, the girl playfully smacked Yugo across his head.

"It's Maggie and... yeah, I can do it. Guess it's just destiny, huh?" she asked before noticing Yuria. "Oy, is that your girlfriend, Yugo? You should of told me about her before all tha--,"

"Just no," Yugo said, folding his arms.

Meanwhile, Kyouji and Furiko headed for the business district, the bottom level of the city. He stopped at a paarking stop, climbing off the bike. "Alright, here's the first place we're looking. There's a bunch of shady places down here. Do you want to split up, or head together for the warehouses?"

"We'll be working together, like always, I suppose. Glad to see you're in this with us." Dread Knight looked over to Tycho, listening to him. "We're all committed to saving the world from the holders of these 'Wicked Gods...' Why aren't you willing to take off that mask to truly stand alongside us? Alongside me?"

"I wear this mask not because I fear the scum of Hearthome or of the Wicked Gods," He stated. "I'm here because of I don't want those of my past finding me,"

"S-so... What uh... Kinds of cards... Do you use?" Helena asked.

"Both he and I use Xyz Summon, the summoning method of Hearthome City," he said, a touch of pride in his voice. "A summoning many criticize, much like our home, but one we take pride in nonetheless."

"I use Synchro Summonin' cards,"Aika answered. "If I can help it though, I'd rather not duel outside an Action Field or somethin'."

Dread Knight listened carefully, taking notes in his mind. Things seemed to be fine so far, but then, he suddenly felt a pricking down his neck. That presence... it couldn't be! He looked out the window, trying to see if he could pinpoint its location.

"Everyone... we're being followed," Dread Knight stated as he looked out the window. "You'll have to stay on guard," He pulled out his Duel Disk, sticking his deck in it. "We may be in big trouble,"

"Well, the good news, we're at our destination," The driver stated as he pulled up in front of a big arena... in fact, it was the main arena for the whole city of Cradle. The driver then opened the sun roof, to which Dread Knight stood under.

"If anything goes wrong, then I'm going to distract the ones tailing us," He looked to them. "We're looking for the portal to the Duel Monster world. The device is apparently hidden somewhere in the stadium. Get ready to run,"

“Whoever made this sure was a fan of the Blue-Eyes,” Eizar commented.

"Yes... Seto Kaiba was rather... infamous for his love of the Blue-Eyes," Blues stated before looking at Lee. What was he doing...? "The jet seats six. Get in here...," When the whole group was in, Blues took off headed to Taccon.

The ride was uneventful, except for one moment when Blues looked out the window and mumbled to himself, "Should I get Muto involved...?" He shook his head. No. That family just wanted peace. He would respect their wishes.

They soon came to Taccon, taking barely ten minutes to travel there. Without a word, Blues lowered the jet and landed, the tires squeaking as they hit the ground. Blues opened the cockpit, slowly climbing out.

"Welcome to Academia... The first place we're looking,"

oXNSzB8.png

The three invaders ran t their destination, but to their surprise, the entrance of their goal was guarded by a Duel Monster... Elemental Hero Neos. The hero stood tall, folding his arms as he looked down at the group.

"I do not know why you were foolish enough to come here," Neos stated as his unfolded his arms and cracked his knuckles. "But you came to the wrong neighborhood...," As he spoke, all matters of heroes crawled out of the woodwork... Masked Heroes, Neo-Spacians, Elemental Heroes... there was a small army surrounding the three.

"sheet, where's that idiot?" The woman yelled. As soon as the words left her mouth, she heard the cry of,

"Yee-haw!!" and Wade riding on the back of Curse of the Dragon, he leaping off of it as it kamikazed into a group of the heroes. "Get moving you chumps! I'll distract them!" With a chuckle, he dashed at Masked Hero Dark Law, smashing his fist into its stomach. "Shin," He then used his other hand to smash him in the chin. "Sho...," Finally, he leapt up, redirecting all the force upwards and sending Dark Law flying. "...ryuken!!"

The three ran past the Heroes and into the building, heading deep into the heart of the building. Wade turned back to the group of Heroes in time to see Elemental Hero Neos, Neo-Spacian Flare Scarab, and Neo-Spacian Grand Mole fuse into Elemental Hero Magma Neos and create a large ball of lava over his head.

"Well... I might be in a pinch here...," Wade muttered as he cracked his knuckles.

VRORF8m.png

Mushanokoji and Saori continued to trial the limousine, and from what a textbook would define as a safe distance for one vehicle to follow another without the risk of being compromised. But yet somehow at least one of the occupants knew they were coming. There was only one explanation.

“Damn it… I should’ve known he could sense our presence as well,” Mushanokoji said in a concerned tone, “His own prowess must been stronger than I could have imagined…”

“Pfft, so we’ve been made; so what?” Saori scoffed, “They’re not even doing anything about it.”

“Not yet,” corrected Mushanokoji, “But even as we speak, I wouldn’t be surprised that they’re currently devising a plan to evade us. You may wish to prepare a countermeasure.”

With that, Saori began drawing cards until she got herself 4 of her monsters to accompany the card that Mushanokoji had given her, keeping her eyes peeled on the limousine as she returned the spells and traps she drew back into her deck, and waiting for it to come to a stop. Just as the vehicle ahead began to decelerate, Saori armed her Duel Disk.

“Night Express Knight! Shaddolls Construct, Monstrosity, Beast and Saurus! Come on out!” she cried as she slapped all 5 cards on it.

First, a wooden railway materialized along the road crossing over from where the limousine had parked, and then, a few seconds later, a train could be hard chugging along said railway and then grinding to a halt, before one of its carriages began to transform into a gargantuan knight-shaped being. As this monster blocked the limousine’s former occupants from getting into the stadium, several more doll-like creatures dropped from the sky, and situated themselves near the entrances of any alleyways that Saori had thought to cover. Saori had then exited the Lincoln Navigator that Mushanokoji had been driving, and she was the first to see what the Dread Knight was up to...

“You could try to stand against us, Dread Knight, but we both know that even in the unlikely event you beat Mushano here, I could finish you off without even batting an eye. I wouldn’t if I were in your shoes,” Saori warned, though that may have came across to the masked man as more of an insult than anything, “I’m not here to coerce, though. Just let us talk to these two fine children you have here, and we’ll see our own way out. No collateral damage to the city or anything.”

tsYHWoc.png

“That’s exactly it. We can’t cover everything, so we’re covering what we can,” Yuria breathed a sigh of relief as Kyouji had answered the question that she’d asked Yugo. She was afraid the answer would effectively result as being no. Still though, she had to guess Reffo City was out in the boonies. Why else would Sir Kaiba leave that city for last?

Yuria was just about to contemplate on that as she put her helmet on, when suddenly…

“Hang on, Yuria!” suddenly, Yugo took off with little warning, and Yuria screamed as she wrapped her arms around his waist. However this was a scream of pain rather than a scream of fear, as Palpigrad had to dig his legs and claws into her shoulder blade in order to properly anchor himself, and Neobis was struggling to hang onto the few strands of hair underneath her helmet. Things were oddly going as well as they were ever going to be… until Yugo made that jump.

“IS THIS JACKASS INSANE??!!” Neobis yelled, Yuria thankful that Yugo wouldn’t be able to hear him, “IF I WANTED TO DIE, I’D HAVE KILLED MYSELF ALREADY!!”

“TELL ME ABOUT IT!!” Palpigrad exclaimed as well.

And then the thud from the inevitable landing. This was more than enough to knock Neobis off balance and Yuria, having not paid attention until that point, could only turn around and watch as the spider-like Duel Spirit was helplessly flung into the air and back down onto the ground.

NEOBIS??!!” as she exclaimed this, the tops of Yuria’s eyes glowed red again, and this time her eyes widened in panic. Thankfully, Palpigrad was quick to act.

“I GOTCHA!!” clambering up her shoulder, the Duel Spirit scorpion bravely extended his claws to try and catch Neobis… and managed to so just in time. Eventually, Yugo stopped the Duel Runner, which in turn caused all three to breathe a sigh of relief. Yuria was still shaken up.

“You okay? I know my driving can be scary for those that usually don’t go fast,”

“Ya think?” Yuria asked, touchiness evident in her voice. In any case, she let Yugo go ahead and have a chat with the new girl, and in the meantime… “I’m sorry Neobis.”

“Tch, you say that as if it was your fault,” Neobis scowled, “We should’ve gone with the other guy.”

“Hmm… maybe we should’ve…” with that said, Yuria finally found the nerve to walk up to the new duo… only to immediately walk right into a misunderstanding.

“Oy, is that your girlfriend, Yugo? You should’ve told me about her before all tha-..”  

Whooooooooa, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa,” Yuria intervened, “I don’t know what you were implying back there, but I’ll have you know I’m not ready for the whole… kinky… lovey dovey… birds and the bees thing. And even if I was, Yugo’s far from my type. Sorry Yugo.”

Awe, come on! Neobis and Palpigrad both cried in unison.

-Domino City-

“Yeah, can’t argue with that. That is, if anyone here is that familiar with this place. I'm from Cradle City myself, so I won't be much help.”

Well that was an unforeseen coincidence. Another Cradle City Duelist in this little group Daichi was in. With a small smile, he was prepared to talk to the Duelist, but Phantom Falcon already ran out the door...wanting them to follow.

"Well he sure is energetic on this!" Daichi laughed as he turned his attention towards the Duelist from Cradle: Akira. "So your from Cradle as well? Heh, small world after all!" he smiled, extending his hand towards Akira. "Daichi Raimu! And you are?"

As he and Akira got on a first name basis, the group was forced to stop as Phantom Falcon stopped suddenly. As now before them, were a few paths: an alley, a major road, and a back road.

"Alright, group vote, which way should we go? I will help you navigate down your path of choice."

Unfortunately, Daichi was stumped on which way to go. It had been quite a bit of time since he lived in Domino...let alone coming to visit. He rubbed the back of his head, looking in all directions.

Unsure of what route to take? Haruto spoke up, catching Daichi off guard for a moment.

Unfortunately yeah... Daichi shrugged, before seeing Haruto pointing down the major road.

Then might I suggest going down the main road? Let's be honest here...going through the alley and back road may be prime areas for an ambush. Haruto nodded, shrugging. However, it is your choice, Dai.

With hearing his partner's suggestion, Daichi turned to the others, smiling nervously. "Sooooo...its been a very long time since I've been in Domino...anyone got any suggestions on direction?"

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

-Taccon City-

Roaring across the skies, the very iconic Blue-Eyes White Dragon jet as it arrived in the area known as Taccon City...however...as it landed in its location near the famous Duel Academia...

"Has the target arrived?"

"Yes sir...the Blue-Eyes has landed..."

Upon a small suspended road, a lone man on a white Duel Runner watched as the jet landed. His fists began to clench at seeing the man of the hour: Blues Kaiba...exiting from his contraption. Kaiba...Kaiba...the name of that family felt like a knife being slid into his back every time he heard that infernal name...or even seeing at base.

"Excellent. Listen closely, Hoshimi...your assignment is to eliminate Blues."

This wasn't the first time he heard this assignment. Still, it was strange...eliminate Blues? He questioned why those at the Turbo City KaibaCorp branch really wanted the Kaiba heir out of the picture.

Still...this is an opportunity to get revenge for everything KaibaCorp did to me... the Duelist thought, slowly beginning to hold his right forearm.

"Jet! Do you understand your assignment?!"

Jet finally snapped out of his thoughts, shaking his head. He let out a defeated sigh. "A-Acknowledged..."

"Good. And once again...do not forget to summon the card we've given you. We have to know if you've improved."

Summon THAT monster?! Jet wanted to lash out and tell these KaibaCorp scientists to go to hell...but he held his tongue, only hearing them cut transmission. Jet let out another sigh of defeat as he revved up his Duel Runner and sped off.

"Both he and I use Xyz Summon, the summoning method of Hearthome City, A summoning many criticize, much like our home, but one we take pride in nonetheless." Tycho answered.

"I use Synchro Summonin' cards, If I can help it though, I'd rather not duel outside an Action Field or somethin'." an action duelist huh? Interesting.

"That's... Neat... I kinda use both Xyz and Synchros actually..." Helena said tapping her duel disk nervously.

"Everyone... we're being followed, You'll have to stay on guard, We may be in big trouble," followed?!?

"Wha... What do you mean... Mr. Knight?!?" helena asked in a concerned tone. Her question went unanswered as they were prepparing to leave the limo.

"If anything goes wrong, then I'm going to distract the ones tailing us, We're looking for the portal to the Duel Monster world. The device is apparently hidden somewhere in the stadium. Get ready to run," this just went from zero to a hundred real fast. Helena gulped nervously and set her deck into her duel disk.

"Oooohhh... I hope nothing bad happens..." of course bad things did happen. Before they had time to get to the stadium, a train appeared blocking the group's path as it transformed into a knight-like monster, strange monsters appeared alongside it, blocking any at all exits.

“You could try to stand against us, Dread Knight, but we both know that even in the unlikely event you beat Mushano here, I could finish you off without even batting an eye. I wouldn’t if I were in your shoes,” helena turned to see a woman with odd colored eyes approaching the group. “I’m not here to coerce, though. Just let us talk to these two fine children you have here, and we’ll see our own way out. No collateral damage to the city or anything.”

"Yes, that is an issue... now I wish Shun and Ruri didn't go to Academia...alright, we will stick together! C'mon!”

Akira barely had time to register this last statement before the Phantom Falcon set off at a brisk run. A little put-off, he followed quickly, but was unable to close the gap that had just been created between him and their group leader. With the sun setting, the shadows seemed to make Domino City even more alien to the Cradle City denizen, and so he was extremely glad to have someone else at least partially familiar with the landscape lead the way.

“Well he sure is energetic on this!"

Akira was a little startled to hear someone speak from right next to himself. He had been so focused on keeping up that he had forgotten the other two people that comprised their group. Turning his head to the side, Akira noticed Daichi easily keeping pace.

“I’ll say!” Akira gave a smirk as he added, “I wouldn’t have a thought a previous duel champion would’ve been this...exciting.”

After a brief pause, the brown-haired boy next to Akira continued. "So your from Cradle as well? Heh, small world after all!" He extended a hand. "Daichi Raimu! And you are?"

“Well, that’s certainly something!” Akira’s smirk became a grin at this news, and he accepted the proffered hand. “Akira Inao, pleasure to meet you! So, guess we're both messed up in this business, huh?”

Their friendly conversation was brought to halt as the Phantom Falcon slowed down quickly at an intersection. A path forward, following the major road, and two less travelled ones to either side, a suspicious looking alley and a back road which led to who-knows-where.

"Alright, group vote, which way should we go? I will help you navigate down your path of choice.”

Well, that didn’t bode well for their leader’s knowledge of the streets. Either that or he was giving the rest of the team quite a bit of choice in the matter for...some yet to be established reason. Surely he would know better than they did, judging from responses to his previous statement? Regardless, the empowerment that had just been given to them did nothing to lower Akira’s ego.

"Sooooo...its been a very long time since I've been in Domino...anyone got any suggestions on direction?"

A few brief moments of contemplation had been broken by Daichi talking again. Akira was surprised by the indecisiveness in his voice, but brushed the thought off quickly. Clearing his throat, he decided now would be a good time for him to talk.

“You might want to stay safe, depending on the power of...whoever we are dealing with here. The main road would probably be the best way to go in that situation,” he began, then jerked a thumb towards the back alley, “But, ignoring the fact that I’ve just been taken on the closest thing I’ve had to a tour in this city, perhaps it would be a good idea to head towards the ‘dangerous’ parts of the city? Assuming, of course, that this mysterious back alley would lead there.” Akira shrugged. “Hey, I think we could handle most things, and so heading towards the danger might allow us to fix it faster. It could even just be more exciting. Hell if I know. ”

Kuria looked towards one direction after jumping out of the Blue-Eyes jet after catching the distance roar of an engine not to dissimilar to his own Duel Runner back in Domino City, narrowing his eyes as he swept both of his eyes over the the area he thought he heard the disturbance.

"Hey, you alright," he heard from above, prompting the dark-blue-haired man to look up towards Miero above.

"Yeah, thought I heard a 'runner," he responded before coming back up to the ladder, to which Miero raised a hand.

"I...think I can get down on my own now. I was drained of energy, not suddenly crippled." Kuria eyed him with suspicion as he allowed the taller man, albiet slowly, to get down on his own power while ready to catch him should he stumble. Thankfully for the both of them, Miero didn't fall down. "Anyway, considering where we are, wouldn't D-Wheels be common here?"

Kuria simply shrugged as Miero turned around before moving out of the way of the ladder and anyone else that may possibly be coming down. "Dunno, don't stick around very long after deliveries."

“Taccon Academia?” Eizar began as the plane came to a halt. “Well it would be a good place to start, given all the rumors about students disappearing.” He decided to wait until Miero and Kuria, the latter stating that he heard a “runner,” which is probably slang for a Duel Runner of he were to take a wild guess. He stood up after Miero began climbing down the stairs, waiting patiently as the man slowly began his descent. Kuria opted to help Miero down, but the older man held his hand up.

“I...think I can get down on my own now. I was drained of energy, not suddenly crippled.”

Such a reaction caused Eizar to furrow his brow. ‘That's weird,’ Eizar thought. ‘Miero's never been particularly active for anything that didn't directly involve his sn. And what was that about having his energy drained?’ Such thoughts ran through his mind as he took his turn down the ladder, hearing Miero speak up again.

“Anyway, considering where we are, wouldn't D-Wheels be common here?”

“Dunno, don't stick around very long after deliveries.”

After stepping off of the ladder, Eizar decided to not press Miero on the subject of his energy being drained, thinking that he should wait until either Miero's more like himself or until they got what they were looking for at the Academia. ‘He doesn't seem to be in the best mood to be asked such strange questions at the moment. Not sure how he would react.’

Eizar walked away from the ladder to give Lee some space should he wish to use it as week and turned towards Miero. “Actually, D-Wheels aren't a common sight around these parts. While there are some running around here and there, most of them just sit in garages as luxury items.” He then turned to Blues. “So is there anything specific that we're looking for here or do we just report anything that seems or if the ordinary?”

7e8xcYT.png

Furiko was a bit surprised to learn that they might have had a base of operations in somewhere in Turbo. She had always figured evil organizations were based out in isolated areas or deep in some forgotten corner of a village or something else to that effect. However, a base was usually a building more often than not. And what better place to hide a building than a city? Especially one with as odd a layout as Turbo had. Nevertheless, it sounded like a bit of a daunting task for four people to search an entire multi-layered city by themselves, so Yugo brought some relief from that by stating that he was going to get some kind of help to alleviate the searching. With that in mind, Kyouji and Yugo decided to split up, prompting the two drivers to take separate paths and go their different ways. 

When the duo of Furiko and Kyouji had stopped, Furiko dismounted the motorcycle, taking off the helmet and putting her hat back on in its place. Turning to the man as he started to talk to her, she thought about where the best place to go to would be next. Thinking about it for a moment, it would probably be the best idea to split up to find it faster, what with covering more ground and all, however. "I'd rather we go searching through the area together. I'm not really familiar with the place and don't want to get lost. Plus I don't think someone like me should be walking into an area like that by herself, you know?" While Furiko was definitely someone who could handle themselves, it was the thought that still mattered. 

Archived