Easiest and Hardest Video Game Boss/Mini Boss

Face McShooty

What boss/mini boss made you say "Is that it?"? Is there a boss that made you say "There's MORE?!?" and sent you into a rage? Or a boss that made you rage cause you couldn't beat it? Post them here!

EASIEST

borderlands-2-sir-hammerlock-launch-trai

Why is the main antagonist from quite possibly the hardest DLC for Borderlands 2 so easy? Well watch this video!

SPOILERS AHEAD

HARDEST

Craw_banner.jpg

Crawmerax the Invincible lives up to his name. This raid boss is known by many Borderlands fans to be THE hardest boss in the entire series of Borderlands, and it's in the FIRST game! The 3rd DLC release for the game (The Secret Armory of General Knoxx) holds this beastly boss. His mission is actually called "You. Will. Die." The FIRST raid boss of the series.

We can exclude first bosses because they're meant to be easy and a somewhat extended tutorial on a real tough enemy, right?

Airman in Battle Network 2 was a pushover. Even with my newbie "not sure what I'm doing" folder, given that the game was my first entry to the Battle Network series, I could still trump him without difficulty.

Hardest? Well, that varies. What kind of "hard" are we looking for? Hard by sheer difficulty or hard by sheer unfairness?

If we want "unfair", the titular final boss of Reshef of Destruction. Given the general unfairness of the game where you have to grind extensively to even begin using remotely good cards, going up against this guy with his 40,000 LP start, access to his own copies of the God Cards, and blatant ignoring of the game's hidden list, is a painful experience. Especially since he comes immediately after a penultimate boss with 20,000 LP and his own share of crazy powerful cards. That, and your LP doesn't reset to 8000 in between.

But beating the two of them back-to-back in defiance of the cheating computer is immensely satisfying.

Now, as for sheer difficulty, I put my money on any postgame Bass encounter. BassBX in Battle Network 6 would be the best of them. He moves fast, hits hard, and pretty much requires that you do not pull any punches when fighting him. Fights are intense but that also makes him very satisfying to challenge.

[spoiler=Show Easiest]

apoc3.png

Apocalypse from Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

While he may be one of the big antagonists in the Marvel universe, is massive in size, and has multiple attacks, it's all really just for show. Just keep wailing at his head or fist and he will go down. You'd figure it'd be challenging. But no; instead they reserved the difficulty for Cyber Akuma, which just seems lame in comparison.

[spoiler=Show Hardest]

99-AhOPTmXl.jpg

The.Reaper.full.494988.jpg

The Reaper from Persona 4 (or 3)

NEVER fight him the first time you get the chance; you will die. Even by the time you're at least Level 65, he still deals a good amount of damage and even has a move that instills the status effect "Fear", which could occasionally prevent your characters from attacking. But that's not the bad part of this status effect. The worst part is that he has a move that instantly kills anyone with fear.

Easiest: Split Worm from Silent Hill 3

Silenthill3worm.jpg

Reason why he's the easiest:

The flesh inside it's thick hide makes him the easiest boss to fight, and it's pretty easy to aim.

Hardest: Darcy Burroughs from Clock Tower 3

Darcy_normal.png

Reason why he's the hardest:

* One of the most tankiest boss in Clock Tower 3.

* If he successful shoot you with three projectiles will cause Instant Death.

* Contains an ability to root you, and it takes pretty long time to break free.

* He'll drain your health if he managed to grab you, also, it takes a pretty long time to break free from it.

Archived