Lair of Needle Insects, and other Duelist Genesis cards

http://manjyomethunder.twoday.net/stories/4862560/

Very bottom of the page, the last card with a picture.

It's a Trap Card that sends the top 5 cards of your deck to the Graveyard. What do you guys think of this card?

Other notable cards:

TRAPS

Fishure Charge

Normal Trap Card

Activate by Releasing 1 Fish-Type monster. Destroy 1 card on your opponent's field, and draw 1 card.

Judgment By Thunder

Normal Trap Card

Activate only when a Thunder-Type was Normal Summon, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned. Destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Intercept

Counter Trap

Activate only when a monster that requires Releasing a monster is successfully Normal Summoned. Gain control of that 1 monster.

Broken Blocker

Normal Trap Card

Activate when a Defense Position monster you control with DEF higher than its ATK is destroyed as a result of battle. Special Summon 2 cards with the same name as that card from your deck in face-up Defense Position.

SPELLS

Battery Cycle

Normal Spell Card

Add 2 Thunder-Type monsters with 1500 ATK or less from your Graveyard to your hand.

Gear Town

Field Spell Cards

The Advanced Summon of "Ancient Gear" monsters need 1 less Release. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you may Special Summon 1 "Ancient Gear" monster from your hand, deck, or Graveyard.

Grass-Cutting Sword

Equip Spell Card

Equip only to a Spirit monster. [The equipped monster inflicts piercing damage.] When the equipped card is removed from the field and this card is sent to the Graveyard, return this card to your hand.

Yasa Magatama

Equip Spell Card

Equip only to a Spirit monster. When the equipped monster destroys a monster as a result of battle, increase your Life Points by the ATK of the destroyed monster. When the equipped monster card is removed from the field and this card is sent to the Graveyard, return this card to your hand.

Fighting Spirit

Equip Spell Card

Increase the ATK of the equipped monster by the number of monsters on your opponent's field x300. When the equipped monster is destroyed by battle, destroy this card instead.

SYNCHRO

Order Guardian

Earth/Warrior/Synchro/6/2800/2000 (the stats alone for a 6?)

Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, Special Summon that monster in face-down Defense Position on your side of the field.

EFFECT MONSTERS

Kikabyou (or something like that)

Dark/Beast/Spirit/1/400/200

[spirit Effect]. When this card is Normal Summoned or Flip Summoned, Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Graveyard. When this card leaves the field, remove the monster Special Summoned by this effect.

(( What's the point of this card? ))

Kunoichi Warrior

Wind/Warrior/4/1800/1000

When control of this card is switched, the controller discards a card randomly from their hand.

Dead Guardna

Dark/Warrior/4/0/1900

When a monster you control is attacked, you may change the target to this monster. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle, you may decrease the ATK of a monster on your opponent's side of the field by 1000 until the End Phase.

Shield Warrior

Earth/Warrior/3/800/1600

This card can only be activated during Damage Calculation by removing this card from play. The monster you control is not destroyed as a result of battle.

Incarnation of the Pharaoh

Earth/Zombie/3/400/600

When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster, select a Level 4 or less Zombie-Type monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it to your side of the field.

(( This card would be cool in a Synchro Zombie Toolbox of sorts o.o ))

Mental Protector

Light/Psychic/3/0/2200

The controller of this card pays 500 Life Points during each of their Standby Phases. While this card is on the field, no monsters with 2000 ATK or less can declare an attack except for Psychic-Type monsters.

And there's a ton of others. Just check 'em out at the link.

Indeed. If you are working the right deck, he's the boss. You can summon something like "Junk Synchron", summon a monster with its effect, then Special Summon "Bolt Hedgehog" for 6 levels right there. The only cost would be that you have to Normal Summon "Junk Synchron", and "Bolt Hedgehog" is removed from play.

Lair of Needle Insects is Sixth Sense on major sedatives that have forced it into a coma.

Fishure Charge seems decent. +0, combos with Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, and fish need support badly.

Judgment of Thunder is okay in a Thunder deck (since you'd be an idiot to run it elsewhere). Maintains advantage better than its cousin Raigeki Break does, but lacks the versatility.

Intercept is their new way of attempting to justify Treeborn Frog's continued Limited status. Tribute Summoning has enough problems without it.

Broken Blocker is okay - it basically turns everything into Giant Germ - although I don't understand the whole ATK/DEF clause. The only restriction it seems to have is that its ATK cannot equal its DEF.

Battery Cycle = Dark Factory of Mass Production for Thunders. Is good; Thunders need support.

Gear Town is alright. I'm glad we're getting some decent Ancient Gear support (remember Magic Gear?), and it avoids being broken by being unable to Special Summon Ancient Gear Golem.

Grass-Cutting Sword and Yasa Magatama are the Spirit versions of the Gladiator Beast weapons. Not absolutely horrendous, but...LOL LIFEPOINTS. A lot of Spirit monsters need to inflict Battle Damage to gain their effects, so Grass-Cutting Sword might be useful there.

Fighting Spirit sucks. It will never give as much ATK as Axe of Despair (unless the opponent overextends ridiculously). lolatk; loldestroyedbybattle

Order Guardian is good. I'm glad we're getting another decent Synchro, since we've had a lot of bad ones so far.

Kikabyou is weird. Maybe it's for Synchro Summons, maybe it's for getting back King of the Skull Servants, and maybe it's because they were running out of ideas for Spirit monsters.

Kunoichi Warrior is inferior for the same reason that Griggle Burn has never even been playable. If you want an 1800 ATK 4-star Warrior beatstick, Stratos says "hi".

Dead Guardna sucks for the same reason that Gem Beasts only use Amber Mammoth because he has high stats and he beats the alternatives that have equally sucky effects. The fact that he's basically required to be in face-up Defense Position to do anything is bad too. Also, draining 1000 ATK? Just use Newdoria.

Shield Warrior sucks. He needs to be face-up on the field to use his effect (because that will totally catch the opponent by surprise). Also, loldestroyedbybattle. There's a reason Mist Body is never used.

Incarnation of the Pharaoh is interesting. If we get a Zombie-Type Tuner (I don't think one has been announced yet) and a few more cards that support both themes, Zombie Synchro could be an interesting deck.

Lair of Needle Insects is Sixth Sense on major sedatives that have forced it into a coma.

Fishure Charge seems decent. +0' date=' combos with Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth, and fish need support badly.

Judgment of Thunder is okay in a Thunder deck (since you'd be an idiot to run it elsewhere). Maintains advantage better than its cousin Raigeki Break does, but lacks the versatility.

Intercept is their new way of attempting to justify Treeborn Frog's continued Limited status. Tribute Summoning has enough problems without it.

Broken Blocker is okay - it basically turns everything into Giant Germ - although I don't understand the whole ATK/DEF clause. The only restriction it seems to have is that its ATK cannot equal its DEF.

Battery Cycle = Dark Factory of Mass Production for Thunders. Is good; Thunders need support.

Gear Town is alright. I'm glad we're getting some decent Ancient Gear support (remember Magic Gear?), and it avoids being broken by being unable to Special Summon Ancient Gear Golem.

Grass-Cutting Sword and Yasa Magatama are the Spirit versions of the Gladiator Beast weapons. Not absolutely horrendous, but...LOL LIFEPOINTS. A lot of Spirit monsters need to inflict Battle Damage to gain their effects, so Grass-Cutting Sword might be useful there.

Fighting Spirit sucks. It will never give as much ATK as Axe of Despair (unless the opponent overextends ridiculously). lolatk; loldestroyedbybattle

Order Guardian is good. I'm glad we're getting another decent Synchro, since we've had a lot of bad ones so far.

Kikabyou is weird. Maybe it's for Synchro Summons, maybe it's for getting back King of the Skull Servants, and maybe it's because they were running out of ideas for Spirit monsters.

Kunoichi Warrior is inferior for the same reason that Griggle Burn has never even been playable. If you want an 1800 ATK 4-star Warrior beatstick, Stratos says "hi".

Dead Guardna sucks for the same reason that Gem Beasts only use Amber Mammoth because he has high stats and he beats the alternatives that have equally sucky effects. The fact that he's basically required to be in face-up Defense Position to do anything is bad too. Also, draining 1000 ATK? Just use Newdoria.

Shield Warrior sucks. He needs to be face-up on the field to use his effect (because that will totally catch the opponent by surprise). Also, loldestroyedbybattle. There's a reason Mist Body is never used.

Incarnation of the Pharaoh is interesting. If we get a Zombie-Type Tuner (I don't think one has been announced yet) and a few more cards that support both themes, Zombie Synchro could be an interesting deck.

[/quote']

Broken Blocker:

I think that they were just confused about if it goes from ATK is less or ATK is more, because there was a question mark after the ATK/DEF clause on the site.

The Spirit Equips:

They're meant to be even able to be used when you're using Yata Mirror, which makes it so your Spirit monster doesn't have to return to your hand. As for the other card, it's used to compensate for the fact that you're likely to lose Life Points every turn with a Spirit deck as your monsters would return to the hand usually.

Fighting Spirit:

Mainly meant for using against opponent who overexert. It gives you the advantage of being able to match an opponent's monster's ATK, and even if they're equal, you're going to end out with -1 card on the opponent's field.

Kunoichi Warrior:

Mainly meant for Ninja decks, which have apparently gained the title of hand destroyers. You could also use it in a Swap deck to grab a stronger monster and gain back your advantage for using Creature Swap.

Shield Warrior:

Its effect actually activates any time he's in the grave, not on the field.

Broken Blocker: Depends on which stat needs to be higher, then.

The Spirit Equips: They're still lame. >_>

Fighting Spirit: It doesn't even beat Axe of Despair until your opponent has four monsters, which will basically never happen, and as far as 1-for-1 removal goes, there are much better and less situational alternatives.

Kunoichi: Still sucks. >_>

Shield Warrior: Necro Gardna 2.0. Could be used with something like Zanji. Still not great.

Here's some more cards I felt like mentioning:

Mental Protector

Light/Psychic/3/0/2200

The controller of this card pays 500 Life Points during each of their Standby Phases. While this card is on the field, no monsters with 2000 ATK or less can declare an attack except for Psychic-Type monsters.

Guard Block

Normal Trap Card

Activate during your opponent's Battle Phase during Battle Damage. Battle Damage you take from that attack becomes 0, and draw 1 card from your deck.

Trigger of Tragedy

Normal Trap Card

Activate when your opponent activates a [card effect that destroys 1 monster you control]. The target of that effect is changed to 1 card on your opponent's field that is a legal target.

(( Anti-Snipe and Anti-DAD, though with DAD he's not likely to target a monster first ))

Intercept = the final blow to monarchs

if the effect works like i think it does.

^CH help me on this one

and wow desent spirit support... i thought they died

Pulling the Rug didn't kill Monarchs. Intercept, unlike Rug, gives you a 2400 ATK beatstick, but also unlike Rug, it doesn't stop the opponent from using the monarch's effect.

Another thing completely off from card effect and stuff but i noticed that this sets art work is really strange. like cartoony looking O.o look at the last 3 sets art it look all hard core then u get to this and its.... yeah <.<

Intercept = the final blow to monarchs

if the effect works like i think it does.

^CH help me on this one

and wow desent spirit support... i thought they died

Pulling the Rug didn't kill Monarchs. Intercept' date=' unlike Rug, gives you a 2400 ATK beatstick, but also unlike Rug, it doesn't stop the opponent from using the monarch's effect.

[/quote']

ah ok so it not as good as i thought when i first saw it thanks CH 8)

Zombies' date=' nuff said.

Also, the pack has some fun cards in it like new spirit monsters and...

[img']http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/manjyoume2/tdgs3/026.jpg[/img]

OH f*** YES FINALLY A DARK CHARMER (Charmers suck, but are excellent for contain collection XP )

crossroads of chaos presents "? the light charmer"

EDIT: They just finished the set on the site. Maybe in Crossroads there will be one.

Guest Black Fang

Decent' date=' I guess.

Darc the Dark Charmer

10/10

I literary cried in joy when I heard this.

But now I'm afraid that... it's a... boy?

thats so gay... why would it be a boy!? -_-

anyway, i like Goyou Guardian... it just.. doesn't look as kool...

Decent' date=' I guess.

Darc the Dark Charmer

10/10

Now that I look at Darc more closely.... delicious shota is delicious.

Guest Black Fang

Decent' date=' I guess.

Darc the Dark Charmer

10/10

Now that I look at Darc more closely.... delicious shota is delicious.

shota is..? unless your talking about shotacon... >.>

and even if it is a dude, it still has a bit of a girly-face....

btw, that monster is Meda Bat

Archived