Hearthstone

Shradow

Blizz doesn't work over the weekend but they will be looking into Shudderwock soon: https://twitter.com/iksarhs/status/984981926283853824

I'm glad that the knee-jerk reactions are mostly passed and, while everyone agrees the animations need to be fixed, people realize that the deck is actually pretty bad and that the card's not crazy OP or anything.

EDIT: Crafted some Druid cards and this is my first draft for Hand Druid.

GRvchyK.png

Big dudes are fun, and the armor gain is completely obscene, it's almost like I'm Control Warrior back during TGT. Could probably use some more minions, though. Ended up trading out the 2nd Nourish, 2nd Ultimate Infestation, Thalnos, and 2nd Wrath for a couple Tortollan Foragers and Stonehill Defenders.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed up my Hand Druid a bit but now I think it's just ended up the same as the one other people use. I guess it's the popular version for a reason, though. Feels plenty strong, especially against Baku Paladin which is all the rage right now.

bKG590Y.png

Yea, the aggressive decks are out in force right now. Thinking of putting Doomsayer into Elemental Mage just to have a way to fight against them.

In other news, just opened a pack and got Darius Crowley, Nightmare Amalgam, Book of Specters (#4 wth game), and Sandbinder. That was a good pack.

Also, got a Priest daily quest so tried brewing a Dragon Priest list

Uk0vE2X.png

### Hex of Wock (Wild)

# Class: Shaman

# Format: Wild

#

# 1x (1) Blazing Invocation

# 1x (1) Runic Egg

# 1x (1) Tunnel Trogg

# 1x (1) Witch's Apprentice

# 1x (1) Zombie Chow

# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos

# 1x (2) Brrrloc

# 1x (2) Doomsayer

# 1x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger

# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder

# 1x (2) Murmuring Elemental

# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

# 1x (3) Far Sight

# 1x (3) Healing Rain

# 1x (3) Lightning Storm

# 1x (3) Lone Champion

# 1x (3) Mana Tide Totem

# 1x (3) Mind Control Tech

# 1x (3) Tar Creeper

# 1x (4) Hex

# 1x (4) Lifedrinker

# 1x (4) Sandbinder

# 1x (4) Saronite Chain Gang

# 1x (4) Witchwood Piper

# 1x (5) Doppelgangster

# 1x (5) Volcano

# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker

# 1x (6) Reno Jackson

# 1x (8) Primordial Drake

# 1x (9) Shudderwock

Welp still had the same problem as normal wock if not bit clunky for the reno part but atleast against aggroish deck this somewhat ok? Like my option of disturption and defence is widen. Take notes from trump for the lone champ is really good as even sole 6/6 taunt divine shield can really save your skin

Yea, if you aren't careful you can lose real fast in Monster Hunt. Anyway, got the Tracker quest and did a full 8 run in a single try. Got SUPER lucky with my treasures. The Hero Power power costing 1 and refreshing is insane. Since not only is the HP good, you just make 0 mana spells that deal 1 if you can't make anything. With Arcane Golem you can do some stupid stuff. Eventually got the treasure that made all cards that started outside your deck cost 1 less and thats where the REAL fun began. Capped it off the the one that reduces cost of things by 3 and the final boss had out the mill 8/8 and I just hate the whole deck. Sadly I need to start another run with her since the quest needed 10 wins. Weird it asks for 10 when a full run is only 8.

My second run for the Tracker ended with 1 win. Niira the Trickster just ran me the hell over.

And the next run with another finished run. 17 wins and 2 finished runs with Tracker. Gee I feel dumb for the 2 boss loss. Once again 1 cost and double use HP is BROKEN. Hunter of Old is also STUPID with this. Just spam Hero Power and get some 0 mana deal 1s and just storm off with him since the +2 spell power sticks.

Doing a run as Toki and the Double Time passive (casts a copy of the first spell you cast each turn) + Open the Waygate is fun, because it lets you take 3 turns in a row if you cast the quest reward first thing.

Awwww Vitus and Bogwarden kill me again like wtf

On the other hand i literally OTK the Whisperring guy (the one made all spell echo) on turn 2 with Mana Wyrm, Khadgar Amulet, Arcane Missile all while completing Wayward gate quest lol

I've found out that Auctionmaster Beardo is great with Toki, as it allows you to reroll ad nauseam as long as you have a spell to play. Example, you could use something like Unstable Portal or Primordial Glyph, and you if you don't like what you get, use your Hero Power, then play the spell again which refreshes your Hero Power allowing you to do it again until you get something really good.

So I've cleared the single player. I fatigued Toki somehow and Skinwitch stopped trying against me eventually. Like she only had the 3 return creatures, but she just wasn't playing them for some reason. It was really weird. I cleared the Warrior one in a single try. Cost reduction on every fire and I had the ability to make a second cannon. Was dumb.

For Hagatha I had auto trigger deathrattles, minions +2 health, spell damage +3, and 2 uses of the Rouge HP.

Yea, I REALLY feel like the best choices for the fight are pretty locked in. +2 health and double HP are two things you should always have. Making your minions live through the weapon swings is really powerful and the NotRouge HP is just broken. I feel like double spells is really strong, but the +3 spell power also can put in a LOT of work keeping her board empty.

I just remembered I hadn't beaten Hagatha yet and I beat her 3rd try. I think I went heal 2 per turn, refreshing weapon, and double spells. I didn't even need to activate Tess since I found Toki's HP too useful and I didn't really need the 8 AoE. The refreshing weapon thing is pretty OP, I got it on the turn I broke my initial Glaivezooka and it grants so much value. You can endlessly hit face if you have no minions you want to hit, and I was getting good stuff like Doomhammer and Woecleaver since I could reroll what I got with Toki's HP. The +2 heal per turn was great for minions as well as my hero since it let me attack with weapons with impunity and kept my health pretty much topped off the entire time. Double Spells was just great in general.

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21758133

Holy sheet 8 mana Naga Sea Witch is not what I was expecting, I figured they'd just change how it interacts with Giants to how it used to be since that's the only time the card is a problem, but I guess this makes sense if they want to balance it while also keeping the Giants deck possible (though it might as well be dead with 8 mana NSW).

7 mana Spiteful Summoner won't make the decks that use it any less absolutely funking stupid, but at least it's something.

Dark Pact change is good, Warlock has way too good healing right now.

Lackey change is nice, now it won't go so well into T6 Cube + Dark Pact.

Call to Arms change is very interesting, because while 4 mana is definitely way undercosted, at 5 mana it will be more fair in Murloc Paladin decks, but it makes it unplayable in Even Paladin and in Odd Paladin it won't be that good.

Crystal Core makes 4 attack minions, lol funk you Priest.

Overall, very solid nerfs. I'm glad they didn't nerf Sunkeeper Tarim.

I wonder how many people will forget to take Call to Arms out of their Even Paladin decks once the changes hit.

I mean, it might not matter for some, Paladin's still gonna be strong. I remember a post on the subreddit about a guy who got 11 wins in the recent Brawliseum despite forgetting to put Genn into his Even Paladin deck.

• 1 month later...
So I had the absolutely brilliant idea the other day of making a Dragon Hunter deck that featured both Prince Keleseth and Emeriss. It's done pretty ok, currently 5-7 with it, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for tweaking it. Especially regarding curve, I feel like a lot of my losses are from poor curve due to deck construction.

The decklist:

XHCM3MI.png

As for my 12 games, to give you an idea all have been in Casual mode so far and this is the order of the decks I faced and whether I won or lost against them: Big Spell Mage, win. Even Handlock, win. Devilsaur Egg Rogue, loss. Cubelock, loss. Miracle Rogue, win. Resurrect Priest, loss. Divine Spirit/Inner Fire Priest, win. Spiteful Priest, loss. Spiteful Priest, loss. Even Handlock, win. Odd Paladin, loss. Shudderwock Control Shaman, loss.

EDIT: Currently trying out -2 Savannah Highmane, -2 Carrion Drake, -1 Deadly Shot, -1 Wing Blast, +2 Saronite Chain Gang, +2 Nightmare Amalgam, +1 Dire Frenzy, +1 Stonetusk Boar.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting upcoming changes: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21901630

Because of this and the reddit discussion, I also learned today about Kibler's elemental mage deck that ran Mountain Giants, and it never occurred to me to run them. It makes so much sense, I constantly have a really full hand due to all the value from Spellstones and stuff.

Interesting upcoming changes: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21901630

Because of this and the reddit discussion, I also learned today about Kibler's elemental mage deck that ran Mountain Giants, and it never occurred to me to run them. It makes so much sense, I constantly have a really full hand due to all the value from Spellstones and stuff.

I follow Kibler and built the deck. The giant is a huge boon since it gives you a ton of pressure as early as turn 3 on the play. Between keeping chains going and being able to be gotten off Servant this is a nice boost to the deck.

I'm not sure how good the current mechs are so I think Magnetic will need a fair bit of help from this set.

Biology Project seems really strong since you get to use the mana right away while the opponent can't. Though helping them ramp could easily be suspect.

Omega seems neat. Nice way to have early game stuff relevant in the last game.

Stormsurge seems like it could be very powerful. It is even an elemental.

Unstable Element seems awful. Puts you into fatigue and you will burn some number of cards unless your deck and hand size sums to 10.

Archived