Hearthstone

Shradow

Magnetic will definitely need a lot of help yeah. Right now I think the only Mechs that are worth even thinking of running are Harvest Golem and Nightmare Amalgam. I guess Steambot could be interesting to be used with the Magnetic key word but I doubt you'd run it just for that. That said some Priest run it so maybe it can get merged there. It'll be interesting to see what other mechs they release.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, did not expect to see this today. I know they did an announcement of an announcement but that ended up being for something else so to get this announcement surprised me.

Magnetic seems cool, and Spider Bomb on its own seems pretty good, that's a solid deathrattle. Electra Stormsurge seems pretty good, double Healing Rain anyone?

The video itself was quite fun, they definitely had to put a lot into it since they can no longer just be carried by Brode's charisma.

So they're making these animations, which are neat. I've always enjoyed Wronchi's work so it's neat to see him work on official stuff.

They also revealed a card in the video

L1uZg3x.png

Seems interesting. I think it might be good for tempo mage possibly, since that deck tends to run cheap spells and minions that you can play to keep drawing into more cheap spells and minions.

THE FIRE FESTIVAL HAS RETURNED, INSECTS!

Been sitting on a 80g and 100g quest for today, and I've already been saving gold since Taverns of Time. Currently at 2480, wonder how much I'll have when this event is over.

I am super happy I didn't do the 80g quest the past couple days. I only have a couple hundred gold since I decided I'm not buying the bundle and am going to need a decent gold savings for when the new set drops. Will hopefully have a nice amount thanks to this.

Some more cards! https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21953431/

cnyw5zn.jpg?1

Zilliax looks really good, and this has sort of made me think of Magnetic minions like buff spells, they just trade only being able to be cast on mechs for also being standalone cards so they're not just dead in your hand if you have nothing on the field. Zilliax's synergy with Corpsetaker and Countess Ashmore is also interesting to think about.

And while it may be boring, Upgradeable Framebot is actually kinda crazy. 6 stats for 2 mana, and having high health gives it great survivability for Magnetic buffs, which is obviously the intent, but even by itself it's not terrible. Like, Dire Mole already sees play in a ton of decks just for being a 1 mana 1/3, not even counting possible Beast synergy in Hunter.

And it's also been said that aside from Neutral cards, Warrior, Hunter, and Paladin are the only classes that will have Magnetic minions.

EDIT: Saw this on the subreddit.

V8Sp5cFFMaiAe0n-o_rzJvc0st0XylQI8MTpumNb

01235290-6154-4fe7-99b9-7bb5f33308d1.png7221f60d-3e30-47d9-91c4-364acd2a0616.png96dd4608-dbd0-47c8-8154-6ba5145a71dc.png

EDIT: NEWER STUFF

5d213448-f9e6-4adb-a541-514d89875162.pngd4ad649c-8269-4f8a-b34a-fd4cff1e4e10.png139f4b3b-2652-4cf4-a588-2bcc12397e35.png

Collider is interesting. Biggest issue is 5 is a lot.

Whizbang is interesting.

Floop can be legit really good.

At least this time the class curve they are taking is one supported in the game already.

Now it's treant tribal.

Sorry Blizzard, your fun archetype ideas for Druid will never work out lmao

I mean, at least this has backwards support in the game already, unlike say Freeze Shaman.

Agent seems cute, but I don't think good enough.

The Piñata seems solid.

Recruiter likely has uses, but I'm not sure they are good enough.

Ringer seems sweet for Quest Prist.

Is Experimenter a permeant affect or something? It has to have more to it since it seems like this doesn't do anything if it dies on your opponents turn. Even then I don't think this is very good since some deathrattle minions you very much want to have live (Bone Drake).

Endless Army seems real good if Mecha Paladin is a thing.

Lumi seems really good.

Project seems really swingy. Not a fan.

Having Spell Damage effect other things is really cool.

Does Boom's Hero Power swap in an order or is it random? What does the Red Button do? Regardless, those are all really strong effects.

Does Boom's Hero Power swap in an order or is it random? What does the Red Button do? Regardless, those are all really strong effects.

its confirmed to be swap at random and said to never get the same power twice. As for the red button is either A) maybe a "do nothing" option, idk if that apply on the 1st time only or act as "cooldown" OR B) some secret power

I'm glad Dr. 7 costs 7 and gives 7 armor.

I can see Experimenter being used in some Egg/Cube Priest deck or something. Possibly with the Quest as well, since you can get guaranteed Deathrattle draws from Dead Ringer which also costs 0. Makes Voodoo Doll a 0 cost removal, too.

Lab Recruiter is sick. It's almost like Gang Up on a stick but it doesn't lose any stats or cost more mana for its effect.

I love Demonic Project if only because it can break combos similar to Dirty Rat.

New Paladin Secret. It seems like a really good Secret, unfortunately it's a Paladin secret which means no one will actually put it in their decks. Could be nice off of Hydrologist, though.

DizX0lpU0AEZ8rY.png

Also new Priest Omega minion, seems pretty meh. In any matchup where you want a burst heal to save your hide, turn 10 is often too late:

MdXa5DB.png?1

The name is actually Astromancer, the Fluffy part is reference to an old placeholder/mistranslated name of when Animated Berserker was revealed in a foreign language, Fluffy Fiery Warrior. It's been done a few times in the past.

Archived