[MtG] [KLD] Daily Spoilers - Sept. 13

bury the year

Because I wanna get in on the action. :'(

vzj6xrd6m7lx.jpg

Authority of the Consulate {W}

Enchantment

Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you gain 1 life.

Will try translating the flavor text when I'm not dead tired.

Edit:

en_NVmXolHdE1b.pngen_BLwKD4s25z.pngen_IevjEylQtY.png

The following cards are in the Chandra and Nissa Planeswalker decks. They are legal in Standard, but aren't in Kaladesh packs. You may notice the reprint of the ETB-tapped duals. It is Wizards' intention to keep all ten in the cycle Standard-legal at all times, hence sneaking them into various things to do so.

en_FlbIqaqeQi.pngen_OhojOzc1Dy.pngen_Tobx7E8U8L.pngen_qkWdicjSwy.pngen_KQM8W25NWY.pngen_BkX9yguOSV.pngen_mq0P6WU7bz.pngen_BN3HdwyCyO.png

Dovin Baan reminds me a lot of the AVR Tamiyo. 

And that's a good thing because it fits into Esper/UW control and thus my favourite deck type. 

And to my terrible terrible ability to judge cards, it seems pretty good. 

EDIT: Except for the part where he can't hit vehicles with his +1, so he has to look before crossing the road. Technically he can depower the guys you'd tap to pilot them but it's not perfect. 

Thanks for the update consolidation, Rai. :)

Dovin Baan looks pretty decent, but I don't think he has a home in Standard right now. He at least doesn't slot into any existing archetype: maybe if WU Control becomes a thing that'll change. The two artifacts, however... woof. Scrounger fits into the Sultai/4C Emerge shell.

And if Key to the City doesn't make BR Vampires a thing, Bomat Courier certainly will. Not only is our little crab friend utterly adorable, but I'm pretty sure that mega-loot ability could see Modern play. Affinity would like it, if only because it's so chepa.

As for the "intro deck" exclusives, I really love the reworked art for the CIPT duals. My biggest complaint is that the rare spells don't search out any Chandra or Nissa. Really hurts their playability in EDH. :'(

Dovin is underwhelming. I don't think he is bad, but he is very generic.

Scrounger seems pretty sweet and is just another in the long line of "black" creatures that find ways out of the yard and into play again. It is basically a million times better than Despoiler of Souls.

Courier seems insanely sweet and could have modern potential.

The planeswalker theme decks seem pretty sweet for new players.

Charge is always a fine combat trick.

Marauder seems pretty decee. The flavor text is pretty great.

Rai, I recommend using mythic spoiler's images. This way you have constancy across the various card sizes.

Anyway, thoughts.

Virtuoso really shows off how amazing energy is. Its a 2/3 for 3 that makes a 1/1 flier. Or not if you'd rather do something else with that energy. The base line function is a perfectly serviceable limited card, but the fact the minor thopter can be made into something else is just really sweet.

Artifact Ape seems solid.

Padded seems ok for commander Hex proof is always a powerful ability to spread across a bunch of things and the draw seems easier enough to trigger in commander.

Man, Wizards likes its 4/2s for 4.

Salivating Gremlins seem solid in limited, often being a 4/3, potentially even bigger.

I like the character shot artwork. Not really something they've done before, but I think its cool.

And a few more cards

skywhalersshot.jpglongfinnedskywhale.jpgaethersquallancient.jpg

SKYWHALES!!!

Archived