[MtG Pauper] Jungle

Just Crouton

4 Nest Invader - Bear with an extra body that ramps in a pinch.

4 Nettle Sentinel - 2/2 for G with no real downside. Ignore the "don't untap" bit: you have Rangers and other spells for that.

4 Quirion Ranger - Grants pseudo-vigilance, squeezes out extra mana if you're short a land drop and triggers landfall.

4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk - Evasive 2/2 for G.

4 Young Wolf - Laughs in the face of Chainer's Edict.

2 River Boa - Tough to kill (anti-regeneration isn't big in Pauper) and sneaks past Delver and friends.

2 Silhana Ledgewalker - Pauper's own Invisible Stalker. Stats are below curve, so don't play more than 2.

2 Vault Skirge - Flying and lifelink are both normally no-gos for green. Helps to stabilize if your life is low.

1 Shinen of Life's Roar - A fun-of that can pull a win out of nowhere when channeled.

4 Groundswell - The most efficient pump spell in Pauper, mana to boost.

4 Rancor - Probably the strongest pump spell in Pauper, if not the wider card pool. Very difficult to deal with effectively once resolved.

4 Vines of Vastwood - Protects your guys against removal, gives a big P/T boost, and can fizzle your opponent's auras and combat tricks due to wording.

3 Hunger of the Howlpack - A more permanent boosts in most rounds. Is your opponent trading? Have fun.

2 Mutagenic Growth - Surprise wins on the margin are always welcome.

16 Forest - 16-17 lands is enough for this deck, as you only need 3 mana on your turn to really get going.

Mono-G Stompy already exists as a proven archetype. No need to reinvent the wheel.

EDIT: Okay, that's a terrible reason why I'm dismissing your deck, so I'll re-explain. The key takeaway is that Pauper is a format defined not by its creatures, but by its removal. Mono-G Stompy in its current meta iteration (i.e. the list I posted) uses keywords and pump spells en masse to circumvent your opponent's defenses, as well as playing stuff like Rancor and Vines of Vastwood to both protect your creatures and provide virtual card advantage. Your current list lacks both of these: and as you also lack removal, you will inevitably stall out once your opponent puts down blockers, and then either Electrickerys or Shrivels your field away and swings while your resources are depleted. Rogue Elephant may be the most powerful creature in your deck, but it dies to Bolt readily. (Also, I question the logic of playing mana dorks. You're an aggro deck, not a ramp deck. Any creature that doesn't enter the red zone shouldn't be in here.)

EDIT 2: Added in explanations for each card in the list I posted. Hopefully you can understand why they're good.

Archived