[Leaderboard] Tori Vs. Rainbow Quasar

towitori

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply
-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is October 1, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-The contest ends on October 4, 12:00 AM, GMT+8
-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:
Make a card for any existing archetype.

Card A

Crystal Wing Fast Dragon
WIND / Level 8
Dragon / Synchro / Pendulum / Effect

ATK / 3000 DEF / 2500
Scale 9/9

PE: Once per turn: You can target 1 card in your other Pendulum Zone; its Pendulum Scale becomes 1. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can target 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; Special Summon it.
ME: 1 WIND Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND Synchro Monsters
During either player's turn: You can target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; until the end of this turn, its ATK becomes 0, also it has its effects negated. You can only activate this effect of "Crystal Wing Fast Dragon" once per turn. If this card battles a Special Summoned monster, during damage calculation: This card gains ATK equal to half the original ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling during that damage calculation only. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Card B

Hi-Speedroid Slingshot

WIND / Level 6

Machine / Synchro / Effect

ATK / 2400 DEF / 1000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

This card gains 400 ATK for each Tuner monsters in your Graveyard. You can send this card from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 Level 3 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand. During your opponent's turn, if this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there last turn: You can Tribute Machine-Type monsters you control whose total Levels are exactly equal to 6; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) You can only use each effect of "Hi-Speedroid Slingshot" once per turn.

I was gonna say Card A is just a completely better Crystal Wing, but I realized that wasn't quite true. Crystal Wing can negate the effects of NS'd monsters, and effects not on the field, whereas this card cannot. This card also doesn't get an ATK boost from it, and it doesn't destroy it. And yes, while Crystal Wing does gain ATK from a Level 5 or higher monster which was NS'd, what kind of archetype today will get a 3k+ NS'd monster other than Monarchs? The Pendulum effect basically means if your opponent finds a way of removing it that destroys it, you get a Pendulum Scale no matter what, and then if your opponent tries to nuke that, you get to SS whatever else you were using for a scale. Rereading the card as a whole, it actually seems WEAKER than normal Crystal Wing.

Card B is an instant search you can do regardless of your hand? Basically, free Terrortop or whatever else you need? Your opponent can't even do anything about it unless they strike it, and even then it's a +1 you can run with little to no impact, especially as it has its own merits.

I know I didn't discuss Card B much, but the mere fact that it is an instant +1 you can get regardless of how good or bad your hand is, and not only that but it searches what you might need, makes me feel its design is very weak. Vote for A.

Card A is pretty much another Speedroid boss that's going off of Clear Wing or whatever they can summon, but then again, it fits flavor-wise with Clear Wing Fast Dragon. Out of fairness, there are other Decks, but only those are relevant right now or can do it frequently. As a whole, it's pretty much reliant on the opponent having SS'd monsters to target and gain power off of; granted, the current gamestate contains heavy SSing Decks so you'll be able to more/less use things. However, unlike OG Crystal Wing, this can't negate all monster effects and doesn't power up from it, plus the fact that it's just Breakthrough Skill (which isn't bad). To be fair, the requirements are much harder to pull off than OG Crystal Wing and the payoff isn't as great monster-wise; Pendulum-wise, it's a free Scale 9 that lets you summon your Scales and set up for heavy plays; can't really argue with that.

In all, card is nice but not really seeing a reason to run this over original Crystal Wing except for Pendulum purposes. 

----

Card B basically dumps itself to search Terrortop, then proceeds to search Taketomborg (go into Red-Eye Dice and make whatever boss you want). Then we have the fact that it can revive itself if you simply have a Level 6 Machine out (or any combination); regardless if you actually have the proper materials or not. I am aware that there are other things that this card can enable besides the Terrortop plays, but yeah not a fan of this card being able to set up whatever you want on demand. 

-------

Voting A due to better design. B is questionable because it's set up fodder and can essentially revive itself with 2+ copies (send one and revive the other), which in turn, let you revive them later on b/c they are treated as being properly summoned.

Well, it's October 4th 8:02 pm on my end at the time of posting this (and I'm eighteen hours behind Tori's timezone [GMT -10:00]), so yeah, contest's been done for the past 14 hours. 

If there are no further complaints, A wins 2-0. Make sure one of you records the result in the Leaderboard thread if you want it counted.

Archived