Nintendo Switch

Flame Dragon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't surprise me that Nintendo's switching to a paid online service, it just means gamers have something else to add on to on top of PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold. Hopefully this means we get cloud saves and cross-platform profiles and stuff. It's nice that it'll be free for a few months.

EDIT: Nintendo's added trailers for

, and

Also this is cute.

Turns out Bowser is a responsible father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-2MrYlm-io

Also Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which for some reason did not get mentioned at all in the presentation.

Yea, weird they wouldn't show the trailed. Guess because its just an updated version of an existing game it got the back burner treatment.

I'm worried about the free service until fall thing.

I've seen a few people say this. If we get something like PSN it should be fine. The fact they are waiting until the Fall to make sure everything it stable and working is a good sign at least.

Anyway.

Gave my thoughts on Breath in it's thread. Looks sweet. Not a huge fan of the Zelda design, but might change my mind when we see more. Might be it being more simple compared to the other ones and I like my regal Zeldas

Mario in New York is really cool. Just seeing him platforming and builds made me happy. The concept for the game seems sweet. The Odd Job hat is also neat. Also love the Bowser's tux.

Splatoon 2 just looks like more Splatoon and you can't really go wrong with that.

Mario Kart 8 is MK8 but with more characters and most likely 4 more cups given that we are getting new tracks. Curious how the DLC stuff is going to be handled.

1, 2, Switch seems like a neat party game. Not much too it and I'm hoping its a bundle. Arms is the far more interesting game. If the controls are good it should be a ton of fun.

Xenoblade 2 was totally unexpected. Honestly though it would have been more in line with X and not a proper sequel. Curious what they end up doing with it. Game looks super anime so its certainly is already trying to stand out from the last two Xenoblade games.

Fire Emblem is a sweet choice to do a Warriors game for. If the Zelda one is anything to go by it should be good.

I like how they tried to slip in F-Zero without saying anything about it. Whats you next move Nintendo?

Over all the launch line up is pretty empty, but Zelda should hold people over for a little. All said and done this does look to be a culmination of everything Nintendo has done so I'm really hoping it does well.

Edit: Ok, found a Zelda Amiibo

16002791_1742820392410171_71311732763098

I really think she looks cool here.

Sawano is a super in demand so getting him again wouldn't be the easiest. Plus his music is VERY different from the stuff in the original XC so I'm not sure it would have been a perfect fit. For as much as I love Sawana, getting the original people back is the better move. Plus, it isn't like the original XC didn't have an insane OST.

So looking back at the Fire Emblem Warriors teaser I recognized the Awakening Falchion (Chrom, Lucina?), Yato (Corrin), Raijinto (Ryoma), Siegfried (Xander), and classic Falchion (Marth), so those characters are most likely confirmed beyond Chrom who we know is in. But I'll be happy as long as Ike and the Black Knight are in.

So looking back at the Fire Emblem Warriors teaser I recognized the Awakening Falchion (Chrom, Lucina?), Yato (Corrin), Raijinto (Ryoma), Siegfried (Xander), and classic Falchion (Marth), so those characters are most likely confirmed beyond Chrom who we know is in. But I'll be happy as long as Ike and the Black Knight are in.

If this is going to be like Hyrule Warriors I'd be shocked if the cast isn't massive and include most if not all of the main characters and a number of the popular villains (and to my understanding Black Knight is pretty popular).

Also, little thing I noticed in the Spla2on trailer I wanted to bring up before, it looks like we can now customize the character's hair which is pretty cool imo.

Yeah, we saw the new hair and clothes in the original Switch reveal last year, which reminds me, they showed off Spla2n in an esports environment, it'd be cool if Nintendo was pushing for that sort of thing more.

I wonder if FE Warriors will include permadeath and strategy elements.

Yeah, we saw the new hair and clothes in the original Switch reveal last year, which reminds me, they showed off Spla2n in an esports environment, it'd be cool if Nintendo was pushing for that sort of thing more.

I wonder if FE Warriors will somehow include permadeath...

I actually didn't know that. I'm not a Splatoon person, but given that I really like the designs in the game and just the general concept (plus Chugga did an amazing job show casing the game with his LP) I think I'll pick up 2.

That would be a really cute nod and I can see it being something you can have if you want.

Also, just saw the price for the Joy-Cons standalone. $50 for one and $80 for a pair. Yea, don't lose them. Though that isn't that out there for controller prices from what I've heard. Though though I know other controllers can be used for PC.

I can't wait to see all the JoJo memes that come out of ARMS. That game looks so funking fun, too.

I'm curious to see how 1 2 Switch will be. If it's anything like Wii Sports or Nintendo Land it'll actually be really funking awesome, the problem is I don't really have a second person that would want to play it with me.

Time for my thoughts;

Release date; March 3rd. Cool, comes out a week before my birthday

£280 doesn't seem that bad.

The online service being free until the autumn is an interesting move, I'm not surprised Nintendo are moving in that direction tbph, and I do like that they're offering a download for a NES/SNES game every month.

Breath of the Wild being a launch title: Thank funk the "it might not be a launch title in Europe" bullshit was debunked.

The trailer itself was pretty amazing, and I liked the choice of having voice acting in the game as well.

Mario Odyssey trailer looks pretty cool. The living cap thing reminds me of Minish Cap and the Bowser/Peach wedding thing reminds me of the start of Super Paper Mario, and we all know how that ended.

Watching the ARMS trailer, the first thing I'm thinking is; "I can already see a playable character from ARMS in a future Smash title." ​The trailer and gameplay itself does look rather interesting though.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I do like that they're adding Splatoon characters and a Splatoon battle course. Seeing the Feather return was unexpected, a classic item from MK1, interesting that the Boo returns as an item as well, last time we saw that was in DS. I was curious as to how they'd handle the DLC from 8 though given that the DLC stuff was shown in the trailer, so I'm guessing it's built-in and that we'll get new DLC as well.

The Splatoon 2 trailer looked pretty cool.

The Fire Emblem Warriors teaser intrigues me and if Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, I am hyped for it.

New Sonic Mania trailer looks as cool as the one from 6 months ago.

That be all for now.

Applying hack and slash physics to a strategy game? I'm in. It's no Fire Emblem Mobile, but it should satisfy us. My hope is that the game has an English voice cast:

My guess for a starting roster they would have 1 of each class as a playable character, with the exception of Marth, Ike, Micaiah, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Roy, Ephraim, Eirika, Chrom, Lucina, Xander and Ryoma.

• Warrior - Whoever is best warrior
  • Berserker - Largo from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
  • Soldier - Nephanee
  • Halbeder - Whoever is a good halbeder
  • Mage - Whoever is a good starting mage
  • Wind Mage - Soren
  • Thunder Mage - Ilyana
  • Dark Mage - Tharja
  • Fire Mage - Tormod
  • Trainee - Amelia from Sacred Stones
  • Knight - Gatrie or Brom
  • Valkyrie - Mist or L'arachel
  • Dragon Lord - Chere or whatever her name is.
  • Myrmidon - Navaree
  • Archer - Nemee
  • Sniper - Shinon

[spoiler my hopes]

Yuri Lowenthal is Marth

Laura Bailey is Lucina

and that's it.

Alright, I'm back losers.

Here's everything I feel like noting:

$299 is 50 more than I had hoped but I'm alright with that. No region locking is great. Voice chat through a phone app doesn't sound like what anyone wanted. I already have Skype and Discord on my phone, I don't need to use a Nintendo app on there as well. Just put it on the damn console.

March 3rd is actually way earlier than I was expecting. It basically goes to show that Nintendo is lowballing their sales for the month. Wii U, 3DS, DS, and Wii all sold over the Switch's projected March sales of 2 million units and none of those had as good of launch windows as Switch does.

Super Mario Odyssey: Glad to see Mario finally understanding the perfection that was Sonic Adventure's shitty hubworlds. Like the game looks amazing, yes, but who thought it was a good idea to put Mario next to realistic looking humans? Like... why? I'm super interested in seeing more of this game. I'm not yet sure how the game is structured and while I'm definitely still buying it, I don't think I'll feel comfortable until I understand at least that much. Of all the games they announced, this is the one I definitely want to see more of, which works out well since it's a holiday title.

Skyrim: Nothing really changed on my opinion of this game. Skyrim on the go sounds way more appealing than actually sitting down and playing it finally after all these years.

[spoiler=Also:]

15977566_10154796155238592_4969818885294

Splatoon 2 is my most anticipated Switch game after Zelda. I LOVED the original Splatoon and between how much new content they showed, the promise of a new story mode, and the fact that I can now use that amazing looking Pro Controller are all exactly what I want to hear.

Arms is not a game that looks good in a trailer. It's basically a simplistic 3D fighting game, but it looks like it has more depth than it first appears– there are multiple characters with multiple different arms to choose from. Judging from the reactions of the people that have played it, this and 1, 2, Switch are both actually stupidly fun to play, despite the groans their appearance at the presentation elicited from the interwebs.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. They added Dry Bones and Battle courses. I bought the original MK8 and all the DLC and that's still enough to make me want Deluxe. They're currently streaming it on Treehouse (edit: just ended) and may have mentioned there to be more surprises, so I'm hoping that there will be more regular courses added as well. Splatoon Kids, Bowser Jr. and King Boo are also cool additions. Oh also the game always runs at 1080p 60 fps (720p undocked) and that's pretty great.

Super Bomberman R is a launch title and I'm totally gonna buy it.

I yelled "FARMING SIMULATOR" when it showed up. I'll never play Farming Simulator. I'm just happy that it exists.

Fire Emblem Warriors is a game. I didn't play much of Hyrule Warriors and I doubt I'll even buy this. I'm just interested in what characters they add. I may or may not change my opinion if Henry gets added.

The other launch title I have my eye on is Puyo Puyo Tetris. Heard lots of good things about it. Could be fun.

I'm buying Rime on Switch now. End of discussion.

Is the new SMT title SMT5, a compilation or like a new game with a lot of old characters...? I'm interested whichever way they go.

I can't believe Steep is gonna be on Switch. That's so weird.

> Announces FIFA

> All I want on Switch is one Madden game

rip me

I ended up preordering the Breath of the Wild Special edition at $100. Didn't feel the need for the $130 one.

ALSO BREATH OF THE WILD HOLY funking sheet DUDE IT JUST KEEPS GETTING MORE AND MORE INTERESTING I WANT IT NOW HOLY sheet EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT TRAILER WAS PERFECT NINTENDO NEEDS TO BUY ME A NEW PAIR OF UNDERWEAR OH MY GOD

Hey the old man his King Daphnes who would have guessed?

I preordered the system this morning. Also put down preorders for Zelda Special Edition, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Arms. Also have $5 on the neon colored Joy-Cons but might move that over to something else. Another set of joy-cons gives me 4 controllers, but it's also $80 so I'm not so sure just yet.

I'm disappointed I wasn't able to preorder the Pro Controller or the Breath of the Wild amiibo at GameStop yet :(

I funking love me some No More Heroes. Back when the Smash Ballot was a thing I voted for Travis Touchdown.

Also, Agro, the thing with Todd Howard and the JoJo credits absolutely killed me. XD

this and 1, 2, Switch are both actually stupidly fun to play, despite the groans their appearance at the presentation elicited from the interwebs.

This seems like Nintendo in a nutshell.

This seems like Nintendo in a nutshell.

YUP BASICALLY

Oh also I forgot to talk about Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I should really play through the first two... But I saw 2 waifus in the trailer and the MC is super cute in this game. I'm in.

2PM PST next week the 18th is a Fire Emblem Direct. Going to be talking about Fire Emblem Warriors, but they didn't specify "Fire Emblem Warriors Direct" it was just Fire Emblem.

I can only assume we're going to see another title.

I'm betting we'll get a Switch release direct that will give us release dates for games through Summer and give additional information if any on Mario Kart 8 and Splat2n.

After that I'll bet on a Pokémon Stars announcement in April or May ahead of E3.

We could possibly see an prE3 mini direct like in years past but I doubt it'll have anything besides smaller titles and 3rd party games that they don't make room for in the Digital Event.

Zelda on Treehouse Live Info Dump:
- The horse building we saw is a Stable, and there are a multitude of them in the game
- Wild horses you mount are wild. They won't listen at first. You gotta tame them a bit.
- You can name a horse you tame. They named theirs "Not Epona"
- You can feed the horse
- YOU CAN FEED THE DOG
- THE ANIMALS WILL FOLLOW YOU AROUND IF YOU TAME THEM. THIS INCLUDES THE DOG.
- Donkey confirmed. No word on Shrek.
- Link BOTW amiibo is still fire
- Aonuma isn't afraid to break the Guardian amiibo's legs anymore
- Zelda amiibo is wearing the same blue tunic link wears :^)
- Aonuma thinks bokoblins are cute
- This might already be known, but the Black/White loading screen is super stylish. It also shows your progress by showing collectibles, activated towers, rupees, etc. and doesn't take long at all.
- Whistle to call whatever horse you registered at a stable. It will gain a saddle.
- Remember that fox in the trailer last night? I'm taming that damn fox in my underpants and you can't stop me.
- Aonuma is petty af. The slightest mistake by the guy playing and he was on him immediately lol
- You can get on the horse from every angle and there's a different animation for each. Get on from the front and he'll swing around the neck
- Octoroks are back. They're in the river. They will take potshots. They arc rather than go in a straight line.
- They're super proud of their animal animations and sound design and will talk your ear off if given the chance
- There's a guardian. They're gonna run into it. OH sheet THEY'RE GONNA FIGHT IT
- THEY'RE FIGHTING IT
- "I'm in trouble" Me: "Yeah no sheet"
- He got off the horse and died. Good choices.
- Apparently the horses can die. I'm assuming this applies to all the animals.
- He got off the horse so that the Guardian wouldn't kill the horse too. Lawful Good.
- End of Segment

Archived