CODE GEASS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I've said this before in other stuff here and otherwise, but this is one anime series that definitely doesn't need another season. I don't care if Lelouch is alive or not; most series would kill to have the ending that Code Geass had, and, in my opinion, making another season completely devalues the fantastic ending because it'll no longer be the ending to the series. I'd need to re-watch Code Geass to really gather my thoughts on it overall, but I'm pretty sure it was a mess and had its ups and downs, and regardless of how good Code Geass was as a whole, virtually everyone believes that the ending is one of the best in all of anime. I would say that they might be milking it (it's the same company that does Gundam, after all), but I'm not sure. Even if it turns out to be decent, it's ridiculous that Code Geass is getting another season when other anime series that ACTUALLY need another season still haven't gotten one (The Devil is a Part-Timer! comes to my mind first).

Having rewatched it very recently

R2 wasn't as bad as I remember it. It still doesn't have that feeling of satisfying consistency R1 had but up until the halfways point it was still quite alright even if the chinese are boring.

Then the Jeremiah mall episode happened and while Jeremiah is satisfying, that was the same ep Shirley remembered stuff and shoving all that into one episode made it really jarring. And right after that episode was an entire other episode beginning and ending the Geass order sheet, and it got weirder from there. And god Schneizel is so boring I can't believe it. Where's my good man CLOVIS? Even the guy who died in two episodes had more personality than bloody Schneizel.

It made me think Code Geass would've actually worked really well as two really thick novels.

Either way, R3 is gonna suck ;_;

other anime series that ACTUALLY need another season still haven't gotten one (The Devil is a Part-Timer! comes to my mind first).

to be fair, anime doesn't work like that

Having rewatched it very recently

R2 wasn't as bad as I remember it. It still doesn't have that feeling of satisfying consistency R1 had but up until the halfways point it was still quite alright even if the chinese are boring.

Then the Jeremiah mall episode happened and while Jeremiah is satisfying, that was the same ep Shirley remembered stuff and shoving all that into one episode made it really jarring. And right after that episode was an entire other episode beginning and ending the Geass order s***, and it got weirder from there. And god Schneizel is so boring I can't believe it. Where's my good man CLOVIS? Even the guy who died in two episodes had more personality than bloody Schneizel.

It made me think Code Geass would've actually worked really well as two really thick novels.

Either way, R3 is gonna suck ;_;

to be fair, anime doesn't work like that

I know, but a lot of anime series that really don't need another season are getting them next year.

Right off the top of my head, I can only think of CG though. List some examples?

FLCL and Naruto (in the form of Boruto). I swear that there were others I heard about, but I can't currently remember them. I greatly enjoyed FLCL, but it's something that doesn't necessarily need more episodes. Naruto was childhood and it's been milked to death and beyond at this point. I also heard that Steins;Gate was getting something next year, but I'm not sure if it's a movie or OVA or another season or whatever else.

Archived