CODE GEASS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

otakomu.jp/archives/461850.html

New Code Geass anime announcement

Takes place a number of years after R2's finale

Protagonist confirmed Lelouch. Not some dumbass with his name or someone calling themselves 'Zero', it's Lelouch.

No idea if it's a TV series or a movie yet but it's #HAPPENING

Recap movies also confirmed.

HOLY sheet ITS funking HAPPENING

ITS

H A P P E N I N G
A
P
P
E
N
I
N
G

ITS A CODE GEASS CONTINUATION

discuss

[spoiler=ahem'']

HE'S STILL ALIVE!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

okay that's it.

I mean, R2 already good and that. that ending where Lelouch 'supposedly died' also fitting, i mean, whole Code Geass and Code Geass R2 was a masterpiece, i'm not sure if the story continue with Lelouch (not that Akito stuff), just hope it doesnt ruin the name of already good anime Code Geass. Anyway, glad to see Lelouch still alive >w<

Now that I got to sleep over it...

Frankly it's going to suck. How are they going to continue it? How closely or loosely would they stick to the original two seasons? Because I can't see either answer leading up to any good.

But I'm also sick of being skeptical of sequels. So for once I'm going to hope that somehow, Lelouch'll make this good. He funking survived R2 somehow, he can make this work.

Also my ass is ready for Prince Clovis's glorious return.

xW4URI9.jpg

Look at this handsome man. He's been missing from R2 for whatever reason but he's surely coming back this time...right?

Why would he come back? Is there some reason I missed that would allow him to come back to life? He wasn't even that major a character, he was basically only there to set up how good Lelouch was and the emperor's whole social darwinism thing and not caring about his kids.

He is handsome, I'll give you that.

I think I'll ask now that Code Geass discussion is hot again, but what exactly do people mean when they refer to Code Geass R2 as a trainwreck? I've heard that for awhile and I've never been sure of how people mean it. They also say it's really fun and entertaining, sometime I see "magnificent trainwreck" or "spectacular trainwreck" and from what I understand it's still pretty highly rated (8.98 on MAL, at least). Is it because it's convoluted and melodramatic and over the top but still good and managed to have a great ending? Personally I loved the sheet out of R2.

People hate how it ended. A standoff between two people who were like brothers, both of them shooting each other with no clear result. This should have a happy ending where Lelouch realizes the horror he has caused, rips out his eyeballs, squashes them so he loses his power to control people and replaces them with artificial ones.

People hate how it ended. A standoff between two people who were like brothers, both of them shooting each other with no clear result. This should have a happy ending where Lelouch realizes the horror he has caused, rips out his eyeballs, squashes them so he loses his power to control people and replaces them with artificial ones.

What are you even on about? That was how R1 ended. Did you not watch R2?

And Lelouch's fate being a hotly argued topic aside, CG's ending is one of its most praised aspects.

I think I'll ask now that Code Geass discussion is hot again, but what exactly do people mean when they refer to Code Geass R2 as a trainwreck? I've heard that for awhile and I've never been sure of how people mean it. They also say it's really fun and entertaining, sometime I see "magnificent trainwreck" or "spectacular trainwreck" and from what I understand it's still pretty highly rated (8.98 on MAL, at least). Is it because it's convoluted and melodramatic and over the top but still good and managed to have a great ending? Personally I loved the sheet out of R2.

I see where they're coming from at least.

R1 was wild but fairly grounded and memorable in its plot, whereas R2, its ending aside, was just really strangely written. There was weirdly uninteresting sheet with the Chinese embassy parts and Rolo for like half his screentime was an annoying little sheet (yes yes I know, he redeemed himself) and the weird sheet with Akasha or whatever, and the power escalation of the new mechs went out the window too. I don't remember R2 very much any more but it felt less consistent than R1.

As far as I know common opinion is that the majority of R2's run is actually rather mediocre (but also very wild and twisty) in its writing yet the ending alone was so strong it saved R2. 'Beautiful trainwreck' fits R2 perfectly, in a sorta ironic way.

You're more or less spot on about the convoluted melodrama while still managing to be really, really fun. It's not "it's so bad it's good" but more like "It's both bad and so good at the same time". At least I feel that's the sentiment behind calling CG that.

Also my ass is ready for Prince Clovis's glorious return.

xW4URI9.jpg

Look at this handsome man. He's been missing from R2 for whatever reason but he's surely coming back this time...right?

Handsome and a sad man trully . . .

Like only have 1-2 eps screentime and being the first person that Lelouch kill iirc.

I'm much more curious in Lelouch older brother (i forgot his name, and he's in the effect of geass at the end of R2, still alive). I wonder if the geass effect wears off/somebody release him from geass and want a revenge, eh idk @@

Then how did r2 end?

[spoiler=Obvious spoilers ahead is obvious.]So iirc, Lelouch kills his evil parents, becomes emperor of the world. Makes himself the center of the world's hate, then has Suzaku (who by this point had switched to Lelouch's side, and also faked his own death in a final battle against Kallen) assasinate him while dressed up as Zero (who he has to maintain the image of for the rest of his life, since no one can know he's Suzaku), so that the world's hatred will die with him and progress can happen.

Archived