Steins;Gate 0

mitchermitcher

ncizurpvkdnvbvsv1k8i.jpg

The English localization for the PS4 and PSV came out (localization not on PC...yet). I don't actually have the game because importing games is kinda a pain from where I am now but I will get to this somehow, it's worth at least that much. Thought I'd at least raise awareness of it being out at all. If anyone's gotten the game, do give your thoughts! Preferably with spoilers in spoilers. I hear good things about this sequel and all but some detailed thoughts would be great.

If you don't know a thing about this beyond being a S;G sequel and that alone is enough to get you interested, then go get it now and don't look up anything. If you don't know a thing about S;G at all then avoid this and either play the Steins;Gate visual novel(officially localized) or watch the anime. Then if that was to your fancy, look to getting this.

It's actually a sequel? Oh sheet.

One of my favorite animes of all time, and the visual novel was even better, fleshing out more characters and really getting immersive.

I still have to get two endings for the first game, fumbling about how to do it for hours on end made me take a break for nearly a year, but because I already know how it "ends" thanks to the anime, I'll probably just move on to this. 

God, though, playing a VN on a console that's not handheld sounds like a pain in the ass.

It's actually a sequel? Oh sheet.

One of my favorite animes of all time, and the visual novel was even better, fleshing out more characters and really getting immersive.

I still have to get two endings for the first game, fumbling about how to do it for hours on end made me take a break for nearly a year, but because I already know how it "ends" thanks to the anime, I'll probably just move on to this. 

God, though, playing a VN on a console that's not handheld sounds like a pain in the ass.

If you have a Vita(and I know you're a weeb my boi ain so why don't you?) then you could totes get it there.

You should really play S;G with a flowchart. I get for video games using walkthroughs can ruin the experience but VNs aren't quite the same, you're not losing out much more than some frustration. Then again, since you're moving on to this it doesn't matter, but perhaps do the same while you're going through 0?

I've been super excited for this for forever since it got announced, but if I got it and started reading it I'd feel a bit bad because I have yet to actually finish reading the first one all the way through even once (though I have seen the anime repeatedly). Also, not sure if I want to wait for an English PC release or go ahead and get it on PS4. Reading a VN on a console sounds weird.

Played the game through less than noble means(importing is a big pain over here, moreso than usual), will post thoughts later, they're still very disorganized and conflicted even after two days of sleep over it but in general I quite liked 0 and the majority of the OST may be less notable than S;G's but the really important themes rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImwyFWomvM

Title and main theme. It's no Gate of Steiner but it's quite fitting.

Feel free to ask non-spoiler stuff.

Archived