End of the World YCM Fun Fest

Event Duration: From now - January21st

Prompt-based apocalypse scenario writing contest.

In which various writers put their spin on a short-story about the situation where the world ends today, in which shenanigans happen. For fun only for the most part, of course, and entries shouldn't necessarily be dark or depressing. After that, everyone will vote for the best entry and hopefully the world doesn't end for reals by then.

More about the prompt

The only requirement regarding the core of the short story is simply the fact that the world will end on the day the story takes place. Loose interpretation of this prompt is allowed (as long as the situation retains the general feel of the theme), and the tone of the story is up to the writers. The world doesn't even have to actually end at the end of the story (for stories that are about stopping the apocalypse), although since the looming finality of the supposed "World's End" is the main idea behind this theme, I would rather not have the stories be about what comes after.

Other than that though, everything is fair game.

How this event will work

Posting in this thread with a declaration that you will enter is enough. Then you will write(or have already written!) a single chapter and submit it to me (http://forum.yugiohc...user/671695-蓮子/) by January 10th. With consideration to timezone differences between the submission receiver and potential submitters, entries submitted on January 11th are acceptable but it is best to believe your entry's due on the 10th. Voting can be done by anyone and will take place on the following day and last until January 21st.

All entrants who successfully submit a piece that qualifies will receive 3000 points courtesy of me (send me the request to get the points, I'm quite a forgetful person), and the winner can negotiate their prize from the following list:

• Custom member group item
  • 3(THREE) name change items
  • Topic color and two-week pin (not applicable to some sections)
  • 10000 points
  • A thorough study about the NATURE OF LOVE
  • A PM'd love confession from your favorite mod team member (YCMaker not guaranteed, sorry friend, didn't mean to offend)

Submission details/guidelines

• Reiterating what has been said, the story must have the aforementioned theme of how the world will end the day the story takes place. The genre or tone of the story has no restrictions. You are allowed to write a raunchy comedy based on this prompt if you want to.
  • No fanfiction as it would make the voting process unnecessarily complicated. Thinly veiled fanfictions with changed names are fine though, as long as your story stands on its own legs.
  • As stated, the word count should not exceed 5000 by a wide margin but an extra hundred or two may be acceptable.
  • The story doesn't necessarily have to be conclusive. A finished short story with the above word count limitation is ideal, but not ending it conclusively is acceptable.
  • Stories must be titled. The authorship will be kept anonymous until the results but the stories must have a name. The name is very important to the appeal. If you currently lack any inspiration, just slap "End of" in front of a cool-sounding word like Evangelion and call it a day.
  • Other YCM rules and Creative Writing section rules apply.

Last one was quite the success despite me and Mitch having to participate due to the low turnout rate, but hopefully this one will be even better!

So get your keyboards and apocalypse bunker ready, cause it's time for

2653862-5745018133-2315..gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to recent events and bad timing, contest will be temporarily be put on hold. It is impossible to continue this with barely any entries in.

I will restart it properly next week, with the same prompt with few edits. Those who have submitted their entry or have an idea for this shouldn't worry too much for it's only some technical stuffs. New deadline and everything else will be announced then too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived