Yu-Gi-Oh: Weapons of Old (IC/Accepting)

PopularWannabe

A shadowy figure slowly steps into the light of an abandoned building. The moonlight covers him and reveals a face. A painted third eye is on his forehead. "Hello, I am Mr. E. I bet you are all wondering why I brought you here today. You see, the Phantom Knights have been far too pesky for far too long. I am giving you some special cards. Each of you has one for their respective decks, specifically tailored to you. Please, come forward and introduce yourself to the group. Why don't you start?"

Yuli stood up and walked into the crowd. "Hey! Yuli's the name, card game's my...game...ummm....I'm here cuz I'm gonna save everybody's ass one day. Now where's my card?" The figure approached him and gave him a card. "Sweet!" Yuli walked back into the crowd, a huge grin on his face and achievement in his eyes. He bumped the person on his right. "Why don't you go next?"  Yuli smiled and put the card in his deck. This will make him more powerful and more reliable.

"Well, I guess I should" Said Noah as he stepped into the light. "First things first, my name is Noah, and I, like at least a few of us here, would like to see the Phantom Knights have their influence in Neo Paradise stripped away." Naoh, then proceeded to turn towards Mr. E. "Short and sweet, now I don't want to keep the others waiting." Noah then beckoned for Mr. E to give him the card he had promised to give him. Mr. E stepped forward, then handed over the card to Noah as he requested. "Thank you." Noah then continued to step back into the crowd, and allow the next person to speak 

The place was dark. Aliel expected it to be. What he had not expected was the turnout. Besides Mr. E himself, whose age was hard to gauge with his heavily shaded face, Aliel was much older than the others called; he was, perhaps, twice their age. They were essentially babies. How would they be of any help in taking down a duel gang?

He kept his thumb on his duel disk as he stepped past the boy who had introduced himself as Noah. On or off duty, he needed to be cautious. He had not shaken off the feeling that this was a trap somehow, but he was eager to get out from behind his desk and do something for once.

"Call me Leil. Or Mr. Leil. I answer to both." Aliel said bluntly, glancing at the front and back entrances to the warehouse. He bowed his head as he took the card from Mr. E in a gloved hand and put it in his shirt pocket. Someone in another department should be able to make sure there was nothing wrong with the card before he'd use it.

1159718055_SadAnimeGirl.jpg

"So I guess I'm up." the small fourteen year old stepped out of the shadows behind the group and pushed her way to the front, looking down the whole time to hide her dark eyes. "Call me Cedron, or Cece, whichever's convenient I guess." she spoke with all the emotion and conviction as a piece of plain bread. "I just had nothing better to do is all." it was as if she was in a school talent show she had no interest in, the girls pale blue dress made her look far more pale than she was, her blonde hair appeared as a dull gray despite the lighting, almost like light sources actively bent around her to create the image of a completely monochrome person like in an old movie. "If I'm remembering right I was promised two cards by this guy?" she put out her hand expectantly as Mr. E handed her what he owed then quickly slunk back into the dark.

"Fantastic. Great work, all of you," said the hooded figure, ominously. "Now, for your first task, I'd like you all to find out where the base of the Phantom Knights are. Work in teams, try to go alone, however you want to do it go ahead. But you need to do it. Also, take these." The figure hands out blank cards to each of his pawns. "These cards are made to let you see anyone with a card like this. So you all can communicate from a far. Don't ask how it works, I won't tell you. Now go, find the base. And ask for me when you find it. The first one or group to report with the location, gets a prize. One of the card kind. Thank you all for your services. Ta ta." They turned around and vanished without a trace.

After taking the blank card from this 'Mr. E', Noah looked it over with a hint of confusion. "So, we're going to have to figure out how to make these blank cards work on our own. In the meantime, what are the rest of you deciding to do?" Mentioned Noah, looking at everyone else in the room. "Do we trust this guy, and start searching Neo Paradise? Or do we call his bluff, and avoid a possible trap set up by the Phantom Knights or some other gang." Noah was worried about not having back-up from any other Gaian Knights available if he needed it. He wouldn't want to risk his identity as a Gaian Knight to these people, if he valued his freedom in Neo Paradise.

1159718055_SadAnimeGirl.jpg

"I'm going." Cece moved through the warehouse so that only her eyes were visible, casting her gaze towards the uncertain Noah. "It's not like I have plans or anything, besides if it's a trap they would have gotten us here instead of sending us to a second location probably." she shrugged nonchalantly and looked down at the weapon cards their mysterious new leader had given them, as well as the communication device "Who cares, if it's a trap it's a trap and I'll just duel my way out, if not then I'll get whatever that reward is while you sit back and worry, not that I really care either way." it was that moment that it became clear, this girl, despite her young age, had absolutely nothing to lose and nothing to gain, she was in it to waste time and nothing more. "You can come if you want, I don't care, I hope your decks don't have issues with gravity bind cause low level is how I usually run." Her dark, almost sad eyes disappeared and soon so did she.

Aliel had been lost in thought ever since Mr. E had left. He wasn't sure what he had expected but the idea of taking down a duel gang for a "prize"...

He opened his eyes to discover that the girl had disappeared. Addressing the two boys, he finally spoke. "Listen, kids. I don't know what this is about. I don't exactly trust Mr. E, but you have to realize. Duel gangs are dangerous. I can drive you two back home, but you should leave dealing with these thugs to the authorities." Aliel paused. Then he pulled out his police badge to show them. Hopefully this display of authority would keep these kids from doing something reckless.

Now I'd only he was able to catch the girl before she left...

Yuli looked at them all. "This is like being a secret agent! You say we should leave this to authorities, but there's a reason we were chosen. If you really want to help us, then why don't all 3 of us work together to find the location? It's probably somewhere in the center, so we can start there. And, just in case we run into any PK's we can duel our way out 3 against whatever. Sound good?"  He had a twinkle in his eyes. He gave the two a dashing grin and tried to look his most charismatic. He looked at Noah, then at the geezer. He's a cop, he could help a lot. And the other kid seemed chill too. They'd make a good team. "We could even try and catch up with that girl. What was her name again? Whatever. I think our best option is to stick together and work as a team!"

Archived