Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Agro

[spoiler=Leon stuff]

ykYGTK9.jpg

Damn, he's so damn better than Niles. Bless you SoV this is precious.

It's so refreshing that this game has an openly gay character that isn't portrayed negatively or as a joke. Especially considering all the kinda homophobic stuff a lot of the biggest Japanese games have had this year, it's just really nice to see. Idk if he wasn't openly gay in the Japanese version, but I'm happy with whoever wrote it.

EDIT: I'd like to congratulate Zofia on putting Mila's temple RIGHT on the Rigelian border. Bright idea that one. Not like Duma's tower is on the opposite end of the continent.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the game today, along with the Alm and Celica figures and an Amiboo reader. But before I start playing the game, question, should I get the DLC individually? If so, what should I get, btw, I have my eye on those prologue chapters, Cipher characters and those Tier 3 promotion dungeons. Oh man,

ALL BOW BEFORE ALM THE CONQUEROR!

Walhart gotta got those conquering genes from someone after all.

Walheart reminds me of Bato from Ghost in the Shell. Has the same va too.

Anyway, I cleared Prologue and act 1. It kinda feels like there's a sort of Phoenix Wright feel to it. The way you examine things and move from one point to another in a village.

Anyway, where can I find Ram Wine? I need it for the Greedy Old Man.

Walheart reminds me of Bato from Ghost in the Shell. Has the same va too.

Anyway, I cleared Prologue and act 1. It kinda feels like there's a sort of Phoenix Wright feel to it. The way you examine things and move from one point to another in a village.

Anyway, where can I find Ram Wine? I need it for the Greedy Old Man.

I remember there are a few places to find it, but I know for sure that you can find it the treasure room of Zofia Castle

I remember there are a few places to find it, but I know for sure that you can find it the treasure room of Zofia Castle

Isn't that the last level in Act 1? Man, we need to be at Act 3 to give it to him. Also, planning to get the DLC, only 586 blocks but had to sacrifice the Sun and Moon demo.

Isn't that the last level in Act 1? Man, we need to be at Act 3 to give it to him. Also, planning to get the DLC, only 586 blocks but had to sacrifice the Sun and Moon demo.

Well you can leave the castle to go give to him, can't you? And also you might be able to get it before then, that's just the only place I remember for sure.

you get ram wine from the boss in the thief's shrine

Thanks, but, I purchased the Season Pass. I'll have to wait until Next Week for the prologue chapters and three weeks after for the Cipher characters. But at least I got the shrines where I can upgrade my guys to tier 3. And since Mycen is already a Gold Knight, all I have to do is get him to Level 20, he'll become a Skogul.

Btw, I recruited Faye, I say that Tobin uses Arrows so he'll be the archer, Grey a merc and Cliff a mage, but what should I have Faye be?

what does the season pass have to do with anything =x

The thief's shrine is the first shrine you encounter in the main game

True, but those Deliverance stories seem interesting, you know, get a sneak peek of what happened before Alm decided to join this rebellion. Unfortunately that won't happen until June 1st. I'd like to try that before moving on to the main story.

Oh, one more thing, I'm not gonna use Grey until I promote him. He's already at Lv 5.

edit: Okay, I did not save, I just wanted to test out the DLC of the Astral Temple, Money and Horrors dungeons. As per recommendation I got Grey as a Merc, Faye as a Cleric, Tobin as an archer and Kliff as a mage.

Edit: The rise of the Deliverance DLC was supposed to be released today, so I went to play it and nothing happened.

Edit: The RoD was just delivered. We get Clair's Lance, Python's Bow, three Memory shards and nothing for the defense mission.

Next up are the cipher characters.

I'll upgrade my characters again. Level them up as well. I have a feeling I'll need to for those cipher characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the game, now I get to post about stuff that's weeks old for everyone else.

I'm, like, 5 minutes into this game and I really like Gray. Cheeky little guy. Also I totally got kid Alm to murder a guy in the prologue. Yus.

EDIT: Oh sheet you can explore stuff and move around. We Ace Attorney now.

Got the game, now I get to post about stuff that's weeks old for everyone else.

I'm, like, 5 minutes into this game and I really like Gray. Cheeky little guy. Also I totally got kid Alm to murder a guy in the prologue. Yus.

EDIT: Oh sheet you can explore stuff and move around. We Ace Attorney now.

Before I beat Desaix what should I do with the cipher Characters when they come out? Should I give them all to alm, give them all to Celica or divide between the two like should I give Alm Emma and Lando or should I give them to Celica?

Alrighty, as for my team so far, everyone is promoted except for Alm, And I promoted everyone as soon as they reached the level to do so:

• Alm, Fighter, Lv 11. Knows skills from Iron, Steel and Lightning swords. Shadow Sword is not worth investing. And I got a Brave Sword from the DLC dungeon.
  • Silque, Saint Lv. 3 Knows skills from Leather and Steel Shields, Working on Iron Shield now.
  • Faye, Saint lv 2 reaching 3. Shield skills same as Silque.
  • Gray, Myrmidon, lv 8, learned Iron Sword arts.
  • Clive, Paladin lv 4, Still learining Steel Lance skills
  • Forsyth, Knight lv 5, still learning Iron Lance skills
  • Python, Sniper lv 4, Learned both Iron and Steel bow skills.
  • Lukas, Baron lv 1. Nearly finished learining Iron Lance skills.
  • Clair, Falcon Knight lv 1. Learned skills from her lance and Iron lance. Working on Steel Lance.
  • Kliff, Sage lv 1. Learned Iron and Steel Shield skills.
  • Tobin, Sniper, lv 6. Learned all Iron and Steel bow skills.

I might dominate Desaix, but still need to get others promoted. Also managed to get some supports done. Oddly, Lukas, Clive, Forsyth and Python are the only ones so far with A ranks with each other.

Either I've been very unlucky, or the growth rates in this game are very low across the board.

Except for Kliff. Dude's getting 4+ stats almost every level, it seems, he rocks. Also I like his character. Though I promoted Gray to Merc and gave him the Lightning Sword and he destroys everything, so he's great, too.

And yo, Fernand's a jabroni. Does he get better or am I just gonna dislike him the entire game? Or maybe he'll become a bad guy and I can just kill him.

Either I've been very unlucky, or the growth rates in this game are very low across the board.

Except for Kliff. Dude's getting 4+ stats almost every level, it seems, he rocks. Also I like his character. Though I promoted Gray to Merc and gave him the Lightning Sword and he destroys everything, so he's great, too.

And yo, Fernand's a jabroni. Does he get better or am I just gonna dislike him the entire game? Or maybe he'll become a bad guy and I can just kill him.

[spoiler Funny you should mention that]

Apparently Fernand has had enough of Clive's hap hazard decisions, like using hidden Rigelians as hostages and when Clive asked Alm to lead the Deliverance, that was the straw that broke the camel's back and not only did Fernand quit, he joined the enemy. But his plight is understandable, he lost his family to commoners who just wanted help. You can learn about that from Clive

And yes, I have noticed stat growths are not the best here. You'd be real lucky to get +5 stat growths at best, but I suppose that's what the fountains are for.

Wait till you get Gray to Dread Fighter. His crit animation looks so cool. You can only imagine what kind of damage he'll do as a Yasha.

Speaking of promotions, I got Clive to Gold Knight, Forsyth to Baron, and Tobin and Python to Bow Knight. Now the hard part begins, at least for Alm's army: Trying to get them all to lv 20 to promote them to their overclasses. Imagine:

• Lukas and Forsyth as Spartans.
  • Clive as a Skogul
  • Clair as a Harrier
  • Faye and Silque as Exemplars
  • Kliff as a Guru
  • Tobin and Python as Oliphantiers.

Duma will die.

And I decided: I'll give Alm Yuzu and Shade and Celica can have Emma and Lando.

One thing I don't get:

I got A supports for Lukas and Forsth, Lukas and Python, Clive and Forsyth, Clive and Python, and found a few other pairings, but four stop at B and four more stop at C.

Those that stop at B are:

• Forsyth and Python
  • Silque and Faye
  • Tobin and Kliff
  • Lukas and Clive

Those that stop at C are:

• Alm and Clair
  • Alm and Faye
  • Gray and Tobin
  • Gray and Clair.

Is there a reason for this, and you think there'd be Support conversations between  Clair and Clive since they're, you know, Sister and Brother.

Word of advice, don't rush yet. Wait till the Cipher characters come into play. Zuzu and Shade will help against Desaix.

So, what did you get Faye, Kliff and Tobin to be?

I just realized something that's made me sad. Since Anna's not in this game, that means we don't get to see how Hidari would illustrate her. :(

anna or riot

we can always pray that if they make another echoes we'll get to see Hidari's take on her

Just reclaimed Zofia Castle. And to the victor belongs the spoils.

wVKN6Fw.jpg?1

Huehuehuehue.

Also, I wasn't a fan of the style of the CG cutscenes at first, but they're starting to grow on me. I still don't think they're as nice as Awakening/Fates cutscenes, though.

Just reclaimed Zofia Castle. And to the victor belongs the spoils.

wVKN6Fw.jpg?1

Huehuehuehue.

Also, I wasn't a fan of the style of the CG cutscenes at first, but they're starting to grow on me. I still don't think they're as nice as Awakening/Fates cutscenes, though.

I agree, they looked really awkward and "rubbery" to me if that makes any sense, but now they've started to grow on me. I agree about the Awakening/Fates cutscenes though

Started Act 2.

Guys why is Genny so fuckin cute!? I just die every time she says, "I'm ready to roll!"

Also, Cherami Leigh is Mae, that's awesome. And it's funny how Celica pays Saber with the dagger but you can immediately unequip it from him and put it back on Celica. 

Started Act 2.

Guys why is Genny so fuckin cute!? I just die every time she says, "I'm ready to roll!"

Also, Cherami Leigh is Mae, that's awesome. And it's funny how Celica pays Saber with the dagger but you can immediately unequip it from him and put it back on Celica. 

Cute battle royale! Genny vs. Kanna Kamui vs. Rom and Ram vs. Pearl Fey!

Yup, Leigh is Mae. Hey that rhymes. I'm gonna wait until the Cipher dlc comes out. Imagine giving Desaix a triple mage beatdown with Kliff, Yuzu and Shade. The best part, the latter are pre-promoted. I also decided to give Emma and Lando to Celica, since Celica's team doesn't have any Cavaliers.

Celica and Alm's first meeting went... not as great as I expected. Obviously if they were just all happy go lucky and worked together, things would be too easy (both in terms of gameplay and story conflict), but it hurt my heart to see that transpire. Darn kids and their stubbornness. :(

I do like that Act 2 was noticeably more difficult than Act 1, though.

Archived