I'm Alive

Dad

I'm pretty sure it'll be on the news later but there have been a few bad tornadoes out in my area of N.O. Power is out, and I'm on mobile. Hard to communicate but I wanted to let everyone know I'm okay.

Updates, pictures, and etc will come when I'm able to give them. funked up part is that I'm pretty sure I have class tomorrow still.

Love,

Dad

I'm pretty sure it'll be on the news later but there have been a few bad tornadoes out in my area of N.O. Power is out, and I'm on mobile. Hard to communicate but I wanted to let everyone know I'm okay.

Updates, pictures, and etc will come when I'm able to give them. funked up part is that I'm pretty sure I have class tomorrow still.

Love,

Dad

LIES.

THE GUVMENT KILLED 'IM AND ARE MAKING US BELIEVE HE AINT DED

So recently I've had a lot of people ask me, "Dad,what's going on" or "Dad are you okay?" I'll have a very long story for you all very soon. Please just be patient with me. I'm still without power, struggling to keep myself fed, and I've been crashing in a shelter for the last 48 hours.

When I'm back on my feet, you will know everything.

So recently I've had a lot of people ask me, "Dad,what's going on" or "Dad are you okay?" I'll have a very long story for you all very soon. Please just be patient with me. I'm still without power, struggling to keep myself fed, and I've been crashing in a shelter for the last 48 hours.

When I'm back on my feet, you will know everything.

Stay safe man, you don't owe anyone an explanation, you just do what you need to do.

So, now that I'm able, I need to get a few things off my chest.  Things actually started the weekend of February 4, when everything hit the fan, so I'll begin there.  Aliases to protect people and their privacy.

After school on February 3, 2017, I got home and got a phone call.  "Dad.  Aj is dead."  Turns out one of my best friends was on his way out here for Mardi Gras.  He would never cross the state line because he was killed in a car accident.  Don't know the details.  Just remember breaking a bottle of gin over my nightstand and bailing out to the gym.  That was the start of my weekend.  Sunday morning, February 5, 2017.  My dad calls me.  "Pawpaw passed this morning.  Looks like a heart-attack."  This is my grandpaw on my dad's side.  Korean War vet.  Was my rock when me and my pops had a bad fight, and he kept the family together.  The last time I saw him was at my great aunt's funeral.  Last month.

I shook his hand.  I hugged him.  We laughed and talked.  The last time I'm going to see him is going to be at a funeral.  At this point, I can't physically cry.  Still haven't.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017.  Tornado rips through my neighborhood.  House shook for a good 30 seconds.  Power lines down, buildings crushed, property ruined, and my life is put on hold.  Streets are impassable still, and I'll be lucky if I make it to class tomorrow.  Little food, no power, and it's hotter than a ho on Fat Tuesday in the Quarter.  My only relief has been re-reading my own shitty fan fic, and the grace to have had a socket to charge my phone with so I could listen to my music.

Borrow someone's laptop atm.  They were kind enough to consider it.  Here's hoping if I do make it to class tomorrow, I get to retake my exam.  That would be the highlight of my week.  I took some pictures of the wreckage around here.  Everyone else has seen it, but I'll share when I have power back at home again.  Weirdly enough, my house suffered little to no damage.  But the nado was a F-3 or so.  Scary.

Archived