Cyber Dragon Linker

Atypical-Abbie

This one is gonna come along eventually, I am almost certain of that, but for now, here's my attempt at it. I was thinking about making it have Bottom, Left and Right instead, making you use another Cyber Dragon to Link Summon this guy to the bottom one instead, then using that one to go left and right. I dunno about that though, seems like Cyber Dragon is a Deck that needs to be able to Special Summon from the Extra Deck as fast as possible, so I gave it this instead.

EDIT: So then, I decided to change it to have 2 markers instead and only 2100 ATK.

boYQCc7.png

2 LIGHT Machine-Type monsters
You can also Link Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by sending 1 “Cyber Dragon” you control to the Graveyard, but its ATK becomes halved. Up to twice per turn: You can discard 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster, then target 1 of your banished LIGHT Machine-Type monsters; Special Summon it to this card’s Linked Zone.

You went too far with this one, IMO.

First, do CyDras really need a Link monster with 3 markers at the bottom? AFAIK they don't even need to Summon that many Extra Deck monsters. I don't remember ever seeing them having more than 2 at the same time on board; at most Nova/Infinity + a Fusion. Even when Summoning Rampage, they can later use it as material for Nova, releasing the ED or Linked MM Zone.

It could have 2100 ATK for flavor, then gain the 400 ATK with a built-in effect.

The alternate summoning is way too generous. Given its practicality, I wouldn't be surprised if CyDra, or substitutes like CyDra Core, ended as a tech or engine in pretty much every Extra Deck-based deck for accessing this easy Link3 with the 3 makers conveniently towards your side.

So yeah, water down the alternate summoning condition, also take the markers placements with moderation and not make them all point towards the player's zones.

You went too far with this one, IMO.

First, do CyDras really need a Link monster with 3 markers at the bottom? AFAIK they don't even need to Summon that many Extra Deck monsters. I don't remember ever seeing them having more than 2 at the same time on board; at most Nova/Infinity + a Fusion. Even when Summoning Rampage, they can later use it as material for Nova, releasing the ED or Linked MM Zone.

It could have 2100 ATK for flavor, then gain the 400 ATK with a built-in effect.

The alternate summoning is way too generous. Given its practicality, I wouldn't be surprised if CyDra, or substitutes like CyDra Core, ended as a tech or engine in pretty much every Extra Deck-based deck for accessing this easy Link3 with the 3 makers conveniently towards your side.

So yeah, water down the alternate summoning condition, also take the markers placements with moderation and not make them all point towards the player's zones.

Well, I suppose that they may not need 3, I just felt that with 3 monsters, the 2500 and effect would be good for that, maybe 2 is a better idea.

I was only thinking about Cyber Dragons when I built this, hadn't really thought about how it could be used in other Decks, though that's really all you get, 3 markers and a 1250 monster since I doubt many Decks can really use the other effect. I am aware that right now, that's still a pretty good deal since any other Link Monster revealed so far don't have such an easy 3 markers, so I see how that may be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish this was a real card.

Two things:

1. This does not count as a valid response under the Advanced Clause. While you may wish for this to be a real card (and from my perspective, CyDras do need something to open their plays up in the VRAINS era), you also need to explain WHY you believe this to be so and/or mention something related to its design.

2. Thread's been dead for a month; a thread in this section is considered dead after 14 days of no activity. (There are exceptions, but those pertain to the creator themselves; this is not one of those cases).

====

Topic locked.

Archived